Chim - Our Secret

By cryingonthemetro

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

1.7K 22 0
By cryingonthemetro

Part eleven

  Kim stood in the kitchen, confused. Looking out of the window she watched as Cheryl ran past, jumper already soaked in the pouring rain. She waited a short while for her to return, and when she didn't she made her way to the front door, which she found still ajar.

  "Cheryl..?" she called, stepping out onto the porch. She looked out at the driveway, expecting to see her there but she had gone.

  "Cheryl!" she shouted louder. Nothing.

  Going back inside she picked her mobile up from the kitchen counter and dialled Cheryl's number. Turning the radio down she heard the faint buzz of something vibrating, coming from the direction of the lounge. She ran in, tossing cushions onto the floor as she searched. Spotting a light she dug her hand down the side of the sofa and pulled out Cheryl's phone. Turning it to look at the display she smiled as she saw a picture of herself and Cheryl, grinning at the camera without a care in the world. Flashing across the screen were the words Kimba calling.

  Disconnecting the call Kim sighed, sitting herself down on the sofa. She stared at the green L.E.D lights of the clock on the dvd player as she repeatedly turned her phone over and over again in her hands.

  "Come on Cheryl..." she muttered quietly to herself."Where the hell are you..."

     *****************

  Snapping out of her thoughts Kim refocused on the clock. Realising she had been sat for almost an hour, willing Cheryl to return, she began to worry.

  Scrolling through her contacts she selected a name and brought the phone up to her ear. It rang for what seemed am eternity before someone finally answered.

  "Hiya hun, how's it goin? Thought you two would be 'making up' by now" Sarah chuckled, voice slightly crackly on the other end of the phone.

  "She's gone." Kimberley told her."She left an hour ago and I don't know where she is, and she hasn't got her phone, and its raining..."

  "Hey hey hey, slow down Kim. Tell me again, she's gone?! Where? Why? Was she there when you got home, did you argue?"

  Kimberley took a deep breath, trying to calm her thoughts. "She was here. We talked. I thought I was getting somewhere Sarah, she agreed. She said we should tell people."

  "Right..." Sarah spoke gently, trying to understand. She felt tears spring to her own eyes as she heard Kimberley's sobs. "So, if it was all going ok, how come she left? Have you called her?"

  "Her phone is here." Kimberley choked out, through her tears. "I don't know what happened. We were fine, she apologised, we made up. I thought it was going to be ok and then she pushed me away and ran off. She must have panicked again."

  Composing herself and wiping the tears from her cheeks Kim jumped as Cheryl's phone began to ring. The name Mam flashed up on the display as the mobile began to noisily vibrate across the coffee table.

  "Sh*t Sarah, her mums ringing her phone! What shall I do, I can't answer it, what would I say?! Oh hi Joan, yeah its Kim, no Cheryl's not here. She freaked out because I wanted to tell everyone that we're in a relationship. She's out in the freezing cold and rain with no coat and no phone... that will go down well I'm sure."

  "Listen Kim, calm down. Put her phone on silent and just ignore it. Her mum will assume she's working or something. Don't worry hun, she'll be back soon I'm sure. Want me to come over?"

  After a long pause Kim replied, voice still shaky."No its ok, I'm ok. You're right i've just got to wait. I'll let you know what happens."

  "Ok hun. If you need anything just call me." Sarah told her. "Love you." she added.

  Kim smiled. "Thanks Sarah". She hung hung up the phone and picked Cheryl's up. Switching it to silent mode she turned it face down on the coffee table. She sat herself back on the sofa, legs tucked beneath her, her sleeves pulled down over her hands, staring out of the lounge into the hallway.

    ***************

  Hearing the front door click Kim glanced at the clock realising that Cheryl had been gone for almost 3 hours now, and it was starting to get dark. Waiting for her to come into the lounge Kim pulled her phone out. She's back don't worry x she typed, pressing send to Sarah. Hearing no more movement she got up, tturned the corner to face the front door, fists clenched beneath her sleeves, angry with Cheryl for leaving again. She opened her mouth to shout at her, and then, looking at her, she stopped herself. All the anger drained from her as she took in Cheryl's tiny form.

  "Oh my god, Cheryl."

  Her clothes were soaked through to her skin, hanging heavily on her body. The slippers that she had left so suddenly in were also soaked, and were leaving dirty puddles on the floor beneath her feet. Kim looked up at her face, hair dripping wet, hanging limply by her cheeks. Her skin was pale and blotchy, mascara staining her cheeks. Kim wondered to herself whether the rain had caused this or her tears. One look into Cheryl's eyes answered her question. Red and bloodshot, eyelids swollen from crying, the sparkle in her eyes was missing.

  "Cheryl, " Kim spoke, stepping nearer."Where have you been?! Are you ok?! Have you been outside this whole time?!"

  Cheryl continued to stare at a blank space infront of her, not acknowledging Kimberley's question.

  "Cheryl...?" she asked again."Why did you go?"

  Sensing that she wasn't going to get anything out of her Kim stepped backwards."I'm going to fetch a towel, You must be freezing." She watched as goosebumps appeared on Cheryl's cheeks, her body involuntarily shuddering. "I'll run the bath." she added, dashing off towards the stairs.

  "Cheryl..." Kim paused on the first step. "Don't go anywhere, I'm coming right back."

  Kim stood in the bathroom, willing it to fill faster, listening out for signs of Cheryl coming up the stairs. "It's ready!" she called, turning the taps off and swirling the water around. Frowning Kim walked out onto the landing, with no sign of Cheryl on the stairs she made her way down. Confused she approached Cheryl, who was still standing by the front door where she had left her.

  "What's wrong?" she asked her gently."Did something happen?" Kim sighed at the lack of response, reaching across to hold her hand, desperately hoping that she wasn't going to resist. Walking slowly she gently pulled her along with her, making her way to the bathroom. Once inside Kim closed the door behind them, trying to keep as much warmth in the room as possible.

  "Want some help?" Kim asked, beginning to really worry about the younger girl."Come on."

  Tucking her soaking hair behind her ears she reached down for the hem of Cheryl's jumper, gripping the freezing material tightly, pulling it up over her head. Throwing it into the laundry basket Kim then removed her tshirt too. Reaching around to unhook her bra, their bodies almost touching, Kim was shocked at how cold Cheryl's skin was.

  "Babes you're freezing." she told her, looking into her eyes for some form of response.

  Gently lowering her sodden jeans and underwear to The floor, Kim sat Cheryl back onto the toilet seat, slipping her clothes off of her ankles. Holding her tightly she helped her as she climbed into the bath. The second she sat down she drew her legs into her chest, resting her chin on her knees, goosebumps appearing all over her body as the water warmed her.

  Wanting to reach out and hug her, but feeling as though she couldn't, as though something had somehow changed between them, Kim sighed sadly. Grabbing a towel she threw it onto the floor beside the bath and knelt down on it.

  Trying to slow the thoughts in her head Kim focused on Cheryl. Filling countless jugs she slowly poured water over her back and arms, trying to warm her body. Seeing the colour returning to her skin Kim began on her hair, gently tipping her head back, massaging her hair with a thick lather of bubbles before rinsing it off again. Observing Cheryl's face, tilted backwards towards the ceiling, her eyelids closed, Kim blinked back her own tears as she watched a single tear roll slowly from the corner of Cheryl's eye. Gently touching her cheek, brushing the tear away with her thumb, Kim whispered to her.

  "Baby, what's wrong. Talk to me."

  Cheryl remained silent, Kim watched as Cheryl's lower lip quavered briefly, before she bit against it in an effort to stop herself crying.

  Sighing she stood, holding Cheryl's hands and pulling her to stand aswell. Guiding her out of the bath she gently wrapped her in a fluffy dressing gown, picking up a small towel and leading her to the bedroom.

  Perching her on the end of their bed Kim carefully towel dried her hair, brushing it through once it was almost dry.

  "I love you." Kim told her, looking at her face in the reflection of the mirror. She paused with the hairbrush, waiting for some sort of response, even if it was just eye contact. Cheryl continued to stare at the floor in silence.

  Sighing deeply Kim stood from the bed, dropping the brush by Cheryl's side. She walked to the wardrobe, pulling a bag out from right at the bottom. Dragging her clothes off of their hangers she looked over at Cheryl, who was now staring at her, her eyes wide.

  "I'm leaving." Kim told her sadly."If you're even bothered that is." she added, her tone changing."You've obviously changed your mind about us, I mean, you've freaked out twice and now you're not talking to me, you won't even look at me. Don't worry, I'll make it easy for you, I get the hint. You don't want me." Kim turned back to the wardrobe, the tears that had been pooling in her eyes now running down her cheeks.

  "She saw." Cheryl finally spoke, voice barely a whisper.

  Kim almost thought that she had imagined it at first, because when she turned around Cheryl was facing the floor again.

  "She saw us Kimba." she repeated, her tears overwhelming her as she covered her face with her hands.

  Kim crouched on the floor infront of her, gently pulling her hands away from her face. "Who saw babes?! Saw what?" she spoke softly.

  Cheryl looked up with a pained expression."My mam. She saw us through the kitchen window....kissing."

  "Oh baby." Kim comforted, pulling her in for a cuddle. "Is that what this is all about? I take it she isn't happy? Have you been with her this whole time?"

  Cheryl shook her head. "She drove off. Didn't even stay to talk about it. I was just walking about. I...." Cheryl trailed off, looking into Kim's eyes, her own eyes filled with sadness. "She hates me doesn't she? I've lost her haven't I Kimba?!"

  Lost for words Kim held Cheryl tightly as she cried. "Shh baby, please don't cry, it'll be ok, we'll sort it out."

  Shuffling up the bed and laying them both down Kim pulled Cheryl closer to her body, tucking her head under her chin, gently kissing her through her brown hair as Cheryl rested her head on her chest. Gently rocking her, holding her close, Kim cried silently with her, her heart breaking for Cheryl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like