Patch and the Air Buddies

By PerkyGoth14

Patch is eager to test out being a father figure like Lucky of the Pound Puppies was for him back in puppyhoo... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20

chapter 15

211 7 1
By PerkyGoth14

It was starting to get dark as Patch, Colette, and the Buddies were still going.

"It's getting dark, we should stop to get some rest." Patch suggested.

"Wait, do you guys smell that?" Budderball sniffed deeply. "I must be 'smellucinating'."

"Whoa, wait, I smell it too!" MudBud said.

They all kept going and they went through bushes and there were people at the drive-in, watching a movie.

"What...?" Patch looked confused once he saw the screen of a human man with an older Dalmatian behind him. "Dad...?"

"Your dad is here, where?" The Buddies asked in unison, looking around.

"Right... There..." Patch pointed to the screen of the movie that the people were watching.

"Wow, that's amazing." The Buddies said.

"You smell that?" Buddha sniffed the air. "I'm no Sniffer, but it's coming from over there."

"You're right, it's popcorn." Colette added.

"Where there's popcorn, there's Budderball!" Budderball looked eager.

The Buddies then zipped off to get popcorn as Roger was now chasing Pongo to get his hat back which would lead to the meeting of Roger and Anita.

"Wow.." Patch said while watching the movie.

"I didn't know you guys had a movie." Colette was just as surprised as he was.

"Neither did I." Patch said.

"Come on, we better go before we get left behind." Colette told him.

Patch nodded, shaking his head and going with the Buddies. "I sure do miss them..." he said, referring to his parents.

"I'm sure they miss you too..." Colette soothed.

"Dudes, this is totally my favorite movie!" B-Dawg spoke up as they went by the concession stand.

There was suddenly thunder and lightning in the movie as the audience was now introduced to Cruella DeVil.

"I am so glad that devil woman is in an asylum." Patch said.

"I'm glad I never met her." Colette agreed.

"Same here because that devil woman was just so evil." Patch said.

"Oh, sweet mama..." Budderball moaned once they got closer to the scent of popcorn. "I can almost taste it... It's through there!"

The Buddies ended up by the garbage cans. Colette cringed at the garbage, unlike most dogs who ate through trash, she found it revolting, mostly due to her upbringing. The Buddies were then in the projection booth where the movie was being played through.

Patch looked at the room name, being able to read it due to being unlike many other dogs. "Now, what was that thing Cherry told me about projection booths...?" he tried to think.

'NEVER EVER go through a projection booth!' Cherry's voice rang through his head. 'That's where the movie is being played and if you make a mess, you'll ruin the movie and fun for everyone!'

"Oh, yeah... Oh, dear." Patch said with wide eyes before going in after the Buddies.

The Buddies got through the room as Cruella was mocking puppy Lucky just as he was born and had no spots so far due to being just born and she called him a white rat. The man at the projection booth was sleeping on the job and holding his bucket of popcorn in his arms.

"Buddies, we have to get out of here." Patch whispered, trying to get them out.

The Buddies were too coveted by the popcorn to notice him right now.

"Follow me," Budderball told his siblings. "My nose knows the way."

The five puppies then climbed up a chair and walked by the film projector, making their shadows noticeable on the screen.

"Buddies! No! Stop!" Patch called out to the puppies.

The audience started to worry with the large puppy shadows as the Dalmatians were now disguised as Labradors. The puppies got into a little argument when B-Dawg stopped for a moment and MudBud was trying to look out. This caused the two brothers to wrestle each other.

"Please, stop!" Colette cried to the two Buddies.

"Stop that fighting this instant!" Patch barked.

B-Dawg and MudBud just kept fighting. Patch then separated the two to stop the fight.

"That is it, we are getting out of this theater booth now." Patch said.

"Come on, I found more food!" Budderball called as they continued on.

B-Dawg and Mudbud then followed.

"Buddies, stop this before you get yourselves in trouble!" Colette sighed as she followed.

There was a man with headphones on, mopping up the floor of the concession stand.

"Jackpot!" Budderball cheered.

They snuck to behind the counter as the woman there was too busy talking on her phone to notice them.

"You have got to be kidding." Patch groaned.

The Buddies got into the food and started to eat like there was no tomorrow. The hot dogs, the popcorn, the cotton candy, the nachos, the red licorice known as Twizzlers...

"Don't just stand there, guys, dig in!" Budderball encouraged. "I think I just lived and gone to Heaven."

"Eh, what the heck." Patch shrugged before joining in.

Colette sighed, she did feel a little hungry, but it was against her natural order to pig out, but she felt she had no choice.

An innocent bystander woman came to the counter and asked for a family sized popcorn bucket.

"Sure!" the woman nodded and scooped up the popcorn in a tub with one of the Buddies inside of it and gave it to the other as she got out her purse.

"Oh, no, is everyone here?" Patch asked.

Colette did a quick head count and the Buddies called to her when she called their names. "Oh, it looks like we're all--" she sounded relieved, then gasped once she noticed someone missing. "Where's Budderball!?"

The woman gasped once she saw a puppy in her popcorn, finding it disgusting and unsanitary that she ran off. The two men from earlier spotted the dogs and tried to run after them, but slipped on the wet floor.

"Guys, we have to leave now!" Patch told the Buddies once he rounded them up.

"Anybody got a doggy bag?" Budderball asked before following his family.

"No! We're leaving now!" Patch glared before picking up Budderball and then ran off, causing the rest of the Buddies and Colette to follow.

The Buddies, Colette, and Patch ran out of the concession stand to get away from the two bad men. There was a large group of tough guy bikers who were watching the movie and enjoying it very much.

"Hey, check it out, puppies," one man smiled. "Just like in the movie!"

The tough guys pet around the puppies and smiled to them, acting more like excited kids than rogue men. Colette and Patch glanced at the men and oddly stared to each other.

"Wait, maybe these guys can help us distract those guys." Patch whispered.

Colette smirked, she placed herself in front of the motorcycles. The two bad men rushed over, tripped over her and knocked over the motorcycles. Colette smiled and came over to Patch.

"What did you do?" Patch asked her.

"Trust me, I've seen this in movies." Colette reassured.

"Oh, they're going to be beaten up, aren't they?" Patch asked with a smirk.

Colette smirked back with a firm nod.

The bikers left the Buddies and came to the bad guys, now looking tough and strict as they would seem to be from fearful strangers.

"Let me at those punks!" B-Dawg stepped forward. "Hold me back, hold me back!"

The bad guys got nervous and asked if the bikers had seen the puppies.

"Were you trying to hurt these puppies?" one biker asked, sounding disgusted.

"No way!" the large man tried to lie coolly.

"Get 'em!" the bigger biker told his friends.

"Come on, let's get going while those two are being pound to a pulp." Patch said to the Buddies.

"Puppies your age shouldn't see this." Colette agreed.

The Buddies then left with Patch and Colette.

"I sure hope we don't run into those guys in our next life." Buddha said as they made their escape.

"Wait for me!" Budderball was a little slower as usual.

Patch sighed, he then decided to carry Budderball by his collar, having no trouble with the puppy's extra weight so they could all keep up with each other.

Meanwhile...

Cherry yawned very noisily. "Atticus, can we please stop for now?" she asked, sleepily. "We've been driving all day..."

"Okay, but where should we stop?" Atticus asked.

"The next hotel, gas station, anywhere..." Cherry mumbled tiredly.

Atticus saw a motel and decided to stop there for the night.

"Not here!" Cherry growled once she realized where they stopped.

"You said anywhere..." Mo reminded her.

Cherry rolled her eyes and rubbed them as she was extremely exhausted. "Fine... I just need a bed."

They all then exited the car to the reservation desk to get two rooms. The owner gave them their keys and let them go off.

"Ugh... My legs feel so numb..." Cherry wobbled a little.

"I'll carry you to our room." Forte said to Cherry.

"Oh, you don't have to..." Cherry yawned once more.

Forte ignored her protests and carried her in his arms. "You two have a good night now..." she told Atticus and Mo, walking off with Cherry as she instantly fell asleep in his arms, nearly drooling due to being overtired.

Atticus then began to carry Mo in the bridal style and carried her over to the room that they were going to share.

Mo smiled sleepily to Atticus as he carried her. "I feel this won't be the last time you do this with me~..."

"I have the same feeling, Mo." Atticus said.

Mo giggled a little, but yawned very sleepily. "Oh, excuse me..."

"It's okay." Atticus said before unlocking the door to their room and opening the door.

They then entered the room to get some sleep after closing the door. Mo undid her bandanna and put it on the nightstand before she drifted off to sleep.

Forte took Cherry's phone and plugged it in for her and tucked her into bed. "Bon nuit, Cerise..." he whispered to her.

Cherry was dead asleep and couldn't hear him. She actually looked peaceful when she was asleep. Forte then went to the next bed, having to not fall asleep, one of the unlucky things about a vampire, no sleeping at night. Atticus slept in the bed across from Mo with a smile. Mo hugged her pillow, humming happily in her sleep.

Forte sighed and decided to catch up on his reading as Cherry was sleeping soundly. "See you in six to eight hours..." he mumbled as he felt trapped due to being forced to stay awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 39 16
It's an exciting time of year when Patch is finally able to go to Puppy School with his friends. However, a class bully gets Patch into serious troub...
28.5K 1.3K 18
Rain has followed Phayu around since they were children but the alpha only seems to want to treat Rain as a little brother. Babe cares for Charlie bu...
17.1K 326 7
(Y/N) is the daughter of rogue and Anita. she's a fun, average teenager and just like her farther so loves music and their pet Dalmatians pongo and P...