To Reverse Time: A Time-Trave...

By Silverwings29

(This story is currently being reworked and will be getting new chapters soon.) 17-year-old Lauren Benjamin h... More

To Reverse Time
To Reverse Time (Chapter 1: The Manor-Part 1)
To Reverse Time: (Chapter 1: The Manor) part 2
To Reverse Time (Chapter 1: The Manor)part 3
To Reverse Time(Chapter 1:The Manor) part 4 of 4
To Reverse Time (Chapter 2: Discovery) Part 1
To Reverse Time (Chapter 2:Discovery) Part 2
To Reverse Time (Chapter 3: Fishing)
Chapter 4: The Storm
To Reverse Time(Chapter 5: Weather Better)
Chapter 5: Weather Better) Part 2
Chapter 7: Change of Plans
Chapter 7: Change of Plans (part 2)
Chapter 8:The Taste Like Crow isn't so Sweet
Chapter 8: The Taste of Crow isn't So Sweet (part 2 of 3)
Chapter 8: Taste of Crow(Part 3 of 3)
Chapter 9-The Next Step
To Reverse Time-Chapter 10: Frances (part 1)

Chapter 6: Some Times

1.1K 17 3
By Silverwings29

Alexander's Pov***

"Where have ye been lately, Horne?" Asked the gruff man on the bar stool.

I just shrugged my shoulders, I was tired and in need of a drink.

"Heard ye went to that ball the other day, " The gruff man spoke again. "must have been somethin' there ye were after." 

I knew what he was getting at, and he wasn't entirely wrong either. My mouth twitched into a small grin. Old Rufus knew me too well it would seem. 

"Perhaps." I eventually answered.

"And did ye find what you was after?" Rufus took a swig of rum before moving to the bar stool beside me so our conversation would remain private.

"Of course, but I fould something else that was very intriguing."

"Tell me, what do you know about Lauren Benjamin?"

Rufus shook his head. "Nothin', never heard of her."

But I thought you knew everyone who was anyone?"

Rufus looked insulted. "I do! Maybe she just ain't anyone worth knowing."

I drummed my fingers on the bar thinking about her. "Then why would she be staying with Arabella Hendry?" I mused out loud.

"Hendry, you say?" I heard him sputter. 

Yes."

"Wait a moment, I think I have heard of her." He mused. " Yes, word has gotten around that Aaron Hendry met her when she was bein' chased by some drunk."

"So Aaron played her knight in shinning armor, I presume?" 

My smelly little friend nodded. 

Hmm...this might be easier than I thought. I sighed at my brilliance, yes, she would soon be eating right out of the palm of my hand.

***************************************************

 "Yes."

"No."

"Please!"

I sighed. "No, Ella!"

"Why not?" She pouted.

I would think it would be obvious! "I'm a horrible singer, like nails on a chalkboard."

"That cannot be true." Ella pressed. "I heard you singing in the garden a few days ago, you sounded beautiful."

I stiffened, I didn't like anyone to catch me singing, it was just so embarrassing to me. "I-I don't know what you are talking about." My face turning beet-red.

"I've got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine." Ella sang softly. "I've got a love that I know that is all mine..."  It sound so surreal for her to be singing a song from my era, I'd better be more careful, would want to slip up and change anything in the future.

"It's a very pretty song, Lauri, what is it's name?"

"Um, it's called Pocketful of Sunshine."

By Natasha Bedingfield, I wanted to add.

"Did you write it?"

"No, no! I just heard it before and it sort of just popped into my head."

"I know," She said. "You should sing a duet at the banquet."

She had receive an invitation to a banquet today and for some reason that translated to me having to give a performance of some kind. And, since I had no musical talent to speak of, I apparent have been saddled with singing.

"With who?" I asked, knowing full well I would regret it. If this was another attempt to match-make me I swear...

"Elyn Horne."  Aleaxander's little sister?

"Can she sing?"

"Oh, yes, she sings like a lark." At least one of us can sing then. I wonder how bad it would be if I lip-singed?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1.5K 60
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...
109K 1.6K 29
So your a alien from outer space who been on earth since you were 18 and everything goes crazy when hell comes into your life.
4.7K 104 14
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
72.6K 3.2K 38
Summary: Haruno Sakura was overlooked, ignored, and disrespected on Team Seven. So when an opportunity comes to train under a different sensei, and g...