Behind Her Eye's

By jodie13ella

Writing in pov of an unlikely pair that face trials and tribulations of becoming friends and maybe something... More

Chapter 2: Jai
Chapter 3: Charmayne
Chapter 4: Jai

Chapter 1: Charmayne

45 1 0
By jodie13ella

"Maddie. did you fall in? do i need to call 999? or the coast guard, maybe?" Maddie, my roommate, has been in the bathroom a solid hour, with no sign of resurfacing any time soon.

Maddie was one of those girls who liked to party. I was all for a bit of fun, but not every night. I honestly don't know how she does it.

She parties every night, still gets amazing grades and has a body to die for. Me on the other hand, well, that's a totally different story. I allow myself one night a month to let my hair down, otherwise my grades plummet, and I always need a couple of days to recuperate. Not that I get asked to go out much anyway. I'm the girl that everybody likes in secret. People don't want to be seen with me. I'm not your average size girl. Let's just say, I got teased a lot at school because of my size. I'm 5 foot 1 inches tall so I'm short and a size 20. I'm paler than a ghost. Like I said, I don't get out much. I'd rather be at home in my room reading or singing. I've been told that my voice is quite nice but I think they must have been tone deaf.

A half hour later and drastically cutting my time to get ready Maddie comes sashaying out of the bathroom looking totally amazing. She has this dress on that fits her perfectly, her hair is in a tight bun on the top of her head, and she has a perfect face of make up. Not like she put it on with a trowel but just enough to see.

She comes over to me and says "OMG, why are you not ready " I just look at her. ( with a glare that could strike her dead) when she realizes how long she's been in that bathroom, she says, "OMG was I in there that long? Sorry. How long will it take you to get ready? "

" A lot less than you took." I laughed.

"Sorry," she called out as I entered the bathroom still chuckling.

About 20 minutes later I walked into the living room to find maddie's friends Zofia, Kirsty, and Steph standing by the couch, ready to go out dressed in their skimpy outfits while I'm wearing loose fit jeans and my favorite lilac jumper to cover the flab that sits on my stomach.

I don't like going out with these girls I feel so out of place like an outsider. Well, I am really, but still.

We take my jeep because they all know that I'm not going to drink as I have classes in the morning and this isn't my usual one night a month but I don't mind. At least I know they will all get home safe.

Tonight is Maddie's birthday and she insisted that I go out with her and some of her friends. After saying no for about fifty times, I finally broke down and agreed. Frankly I think she knew I wouldn't drink and only brought me along purely to be the driver. I suppose one drink would be okay.

As we entered the club I was anxious. I'd never been to this one, and the music was so loud that I could hardly hear myself think, let alone talk. We found a booth to sit at before we went to order our drinks.

Zofia , Kirsty and Steph went and got their drinks , then me and Maddie went to get ours, Maddie ordered a sex on the beach while I stayed on the diet coke.

About half an hour later, all four were on the dance floor, dancing with god knows who, while I sat by myself. All of a sudden this gorgeous guy literally falls into my lap, spilling my drink all over me. I was not amused even if he was gorgeous. My drink was all down my jumper and jeans and I felt like I was going to cry. I pushed him off me and ran to the toilet trying not to cry. Well that didn't happen. As soon as I was on my own, I started crying, really sobbing. He may not have done it on purpose or he may have, but it has happened to me a lot in the past. Boys pretending to fall over just so they could knock a drink or some food all over me just to make me feel humiliated. Well, it works every time. Even though I try not to let it get to me it does.

I compose myself, wiping my eyes just before leaving the stall. as I open the door I see a pair of black shoes dangling from a pair of legs that are sitting by the sinks, I look up to see that it's him. My jaw drops and I quickly back upand slam the door closed again. " Hey, are you okay shall I get your friend."

I hear the door close and think that he must have left, So I wait two minutes before going back out, only to realize that he's tricked me. I'm just about to close the door again when he jumps of the side where the sinks are, crossing the floor to the door where I'm standing, and stops it from closing.

My eyes are puffy and my face is red from all the crying. I try not to look at him but he's talking to me, not that I can hear what he's saying. I think I'm starting to have a panic attack when he asks if I'm okay. All I can do is shake my head.

He looks worried so I open my purse and find the paper bag that I always carry with me, I start to take deep breathes into the bag when I hear him say, "Shit, I'm going to get someone. "

"No!" I blurt. "I'll be fine. Swear. I'd just like to be alone."

I'm so stupid I look like a total idiot this is so embarrassing he must think I'm so pathetic.

He looks at me confused but he asks if I'm sure.

" Yes," I manage to say between inhaling and exhaling into my bag , and then he leaves. My breathing steadies about two minutes later. Let's just say that's what happens when I'm around boys, because of the way I look I just panic.

I wash my face using cold water from the tap, wipe my face and make sure my breathing has returned to normal before leaving the toilet and making my way back to the booth where I got humiliated, only to see him sitting there talking to Maddie. He spots me walking towards them and they both jump up from their seats asking if I'm okay.

I just brush it off and say to Maddie that I want to go, and if she and her friends want to stay they have to get a taxi home. She asks Zofia , Steph and Kirsty, and they all say that they want to stay, so I get her to promise to get a cab and text me when she leaves to come home. She promises and I just turn and leave to get my coat.

As i'm leaving and just about to get in my car I hear someone calling my name. I spin around to see who it is and he's jogging towards me. I pause for a moment before turning and continuing to get into my car, but he's quickens his pace and knocks his knuckles on my window. I just look at him when he motions for me to roll down my window. I hesitate then have no idea why but i do it.

"What?" I aks a little more forceful than I had planned, making myself feel a little guilty.

"I-I-I-I just wanted to apologize," He stutters out, making me feel even worse.

" Ohh, Umm...Okay," Is all I can say, and I start to roll my window back up, but he puts his hands on the top of it to stop it from closing. I continue to stare at him when he stutters out.

"No, Really, I feel terrible for knocking that drink over you. I'd really like to make it up to you."

"Thanks for the apology," I say with a lot of sarcasm I accept. Now, I'd really like to go home and get changed, Thanks." With that I turned the key in the ignition and drove away without another word. Stupidly I looked in my rear view mirror to see him standing in the middle of the road waving. Why, Why, Why did I look? Now I feel more guilty.

When I finally arrive home I go straight to the bathroom to shower. Once out, I assuage my stress with my fluffy purple pj's, My favorite books by carlyle labuschagne (dead of night ), and start reading it again for like the thousandth time.

After an hour I get up to stretch and make myself a cup of tea, as I'm making it, My phone beeps. I look at it thinking it's probably Mad's texting. Instead I see a notification, a friend request. I don't recognize the name so I take a peak at their profile page, only to drop my phone when I see who it is. I quickly pick my phone up and turn it back on as the battery fell out. I find the notification and look again to make sure that I wasn't seeing things. It's really him, but how did he find out who I am? There's only one person that would have told him, Maddie. I'm going to kill her.

I don't accept his request but I can't help look through his facebook page. It's interesting. his name is Jai , He loves music and reading, and seems really popular. The complete opposite of me, apart from the music and reading. He has two younger sisters and I'm not sure about his parents. He's twenty-five, two years older than me. He's totally gorgeous. I get annoyed with myself so I turn off my phone and go to bed.

I lie there until I remember about getting Maddie to text me before she leaves in the taxi, So I have to turn it back on.

I just lie on my bed thinking and waiting for Maddie's text which comes about 45 minutes later so I turn my phone back off and chuck it on my bed side cabinet.

I just lie in bed unable to sleep. When I do finally fall asleep, about two hours later. I dream of him well, not really him, but his gorgeous eyes, cursing myself for even looking at them.

When I wake up Mad's comes into my bedroom, asking if I have pain killers. I tell her to get them from my top drawer.

"So," She's says, "Did that totally cute guy catch up to you last night?"

"I knew it, you sent him to me didn't you?"

"No, but I saw him follow you. He said he felt awful for what happened and asked me for your name. When I told him, He asked for your full name. So I told him.

"I knew it was you. He called my name as I was getting into my car. I nearly didn't answer him. Well, I did and he apologized and asked if he could make it up to me."

"Well, what did you say?"

"I said thanks first the apology rolled my window up and drove away."

"Oh my god, you didn't."

"I did but now Thanks to you, he's sent me a friend request on facebook. so, Thanks for that."

"You're welcome, " She said with a sly smile.

"I was being sarcastic."

"I know." She chuckles. " Did you accept?"

"No, I don't know him. The guy spills a drink all over me, follows me into the toilets, listens to me crying only to see me have a panic attack right in front of him."

" Hang on. He followed you into the toilet "

"Yeah. I thought he told you."

"No, He said he knocked a drink over you and you ran to the toilets crying."

She sits down on the edge of my bed smiling at me with this big goofy grin.

"What?" I ask.

"He likes you"

"Are you still drunk?"

"No, Seriously he asked your full name so he could find you, He followed you into the toilets and to your car, and wants to be friends on facebook. He wants to get to know you."

"Well I don't want to know him."

"You're such a liar. "

"I'm not. Seriously, he humiliated me. Okay, maybe not on purpose but it still happened. "

"You need to live a little, babe.

"He doesn't like me. Look at me."

"Not all men are superficial bastards. Just accept his request and if he doesn't contact you, then it doesn't matter. You just delete him. But if he does, promise me you won't ignore him."

"I don't know. I don't have many friends on Facebook. He must have looked to find me. He's going to think I'm a freak."

"Fuck it. Seriously, when a hot guy requests you as a friend, you fucking accept, " she says, laughing. "Just promise me, yeah?"

I huffed and finally caved. "I promise." I turned my phone on, got my Facebook notifications up and accepted him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 0 30
A girl has certain powers that she doesn't want people to find out, but eventually her friends all find out and then the city their living in finds o...
78 1 7
A girl who was emotionally balanced who want to know about her past went to India. Little does she know what the future be holding for her. This is a...
324K 29.6K 63
Two twin sisters fall in love with a same guy. He broke her heart She can't hate him He moved on. Her life stucked there He hate her He become her ob...
24.1K 795 38
You gotta find the beauty in the inside 🥰 Read to find out 🤌🏽