Hidden in the Sun

Galing kay itsaudreymarie24

She is not part of a prophesy... She IS the prophesy. There can be no mistakes, but Fate loves a good game an... Higit pa

Prequel
Deadly
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (part 1)
Chapter 7 (part 2)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

97 7 2
Galing kay itsaudreymarie24

Song: Brick By Boring Brick- Paramore

I stared up at the sky watching the snow fall around me. Everything was so white giving this ethereal glow; it was stunningly beautiful. I felt strangely happy as I danced around the beautiful white tufts. It was confusing because I couldn't actually feel the cold, I knew it was supposed to be but the fact that it wasn't made it that much more enjoyable.

"Evelyn." My sisters voice called out to me lightly to which I glance at her direction. I couldn't find her though.

"Sibel?" I called back and heard a giggle in response. She must be playing hide and seek again. We've played it so many times already, you'd think she would get tired of it, but I guess at 8 years old, energy is simply inexhaustible.

"Come find me!" She said behind me. I turned and saw nothing but chaste snow. "Over here!" I heard in a different direction. Was she always so quick?

"Well where are you?" I said with a small laugh. Man, she was getting good at this game! Everything became silent then. In that same moment, I realized I could see my breath and an icy chill raised goose bumps along my exposed skin. I should have grabbed a jacket, I thought with a frown.

"Sibel?" I called unsure if she had one on. No response. I walked in the direction I thought I had heard her a moment ago. "Sibel, come on its starting to get cold. Mom and dad will kill me if you get sick."

"Mommy." I heard a broken quiet voice that I could scarcely recognize as Sibel's say raggedly seconds before the white snow turned red. Blood was spayed and dragged across it. My eyes followed it to a lifeless Sibel collapsed on the ground in a puddle of red beneath her and painted cruelly across her frozen skin. The ice sticking to her lashes made it seem as though she had been there much longer than it felt.

"Sibel!" I screamed running to her in disbelief. The farther I ran, the farther from me she seemed to be and soon I found I was out of breath, tears staining my eyes.

"Why didn't you save me?" Her soft sweet voice came behind me. I turned sharply to see her standing in the snow barefoot, blood still painted on her the way I remember.

"Sibel I didn't know, I didn't..." I struggle between sobs.

"You promised you would protect me from the monsters, why didn't you save me?" She said her voice filled with more conviction, her young eyes full of disgust and hatred. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't move, my feet wouldn't let me as if the snow had frozen over my feet.

"Yes," a voice drawled out. "Why didn't you save her?" I glanced back up to find a man in Sibel's place. It was him. The one who commonly haunted my nightmares.

"You-" I said in utter horror. "Y-you did this!" His red eyes stared sinisterly back at me in pure amusement. "They're my family!" I shouted at him in pure disgust. He laughed as if I had tickled him with my words before his eyes turned to me sobering up.

"This didn't happen because of me Evelyn." He whispered in my ear suddenly behind me. It was the farthest thing from pleasant as possible. What was he talking about? He was there. He almost killed me with them and maybe he should have!

"What do you mean?" I tried bravely but my voice came out as a scarce whisper to which he seemed to revel in. Suddenly in front of me he stroked a stone cold finger down the side of my face.

"Time is too short for such trivial questions." He said and evaporated into mist before my eyes. "We're more alike than you think." I felt his cold breath on my neck and quickly jerked as far away as possible only to end up inches from his marble carved face. I was suddenly filled with an unearthly rage.

"I'm nothing like you." I whispered ashamed at how timid it came out.

"What was that?" He said with a laugh making a mockery of me.

"You're a monster!" I screamed, this really made him laugh as the edges of my vision became mist like.

"We both know who the real monster is." He said with a final look that unnerved me. "Evelyn." He dragged out in a breathy hiss as he was devoured by the dark mist.

_______________________________________________________________

I rose with a gasp clutching the blankets to my neck eying my darkened room with fear, the light peaking through the curtains only near the bottom. He wasn't here though. I could tell. With a shaky sigh I run my fingers through my slightly tangled hair glancing at the clock.

3:52 pm

I scoffed and roughly tossed the covers off of me knowing I would find no more reprieve of sleep today. Will I ever get adjusted to this schedule? It's Monday. In a few hours I will of finally start my time here at New Haven, and so far it's starting out rocky.

I had slept the weekend away peacefully for the first time in months and had hoped that maybe just maybe it was the end of them, but tonight... or rather today... was something else all together.

It was so vivid.

He was so real. Sibel was so real. This can't be normal. We both know who the real monster is. His words echoed roughly through my head.

"What does that even mean?" I growled throwing on a sweatshirt. I needed to leave. There was only one place I could think of to clear my thoughts. The roof. I suddenly paused, the cold door knob in hand. 

Would he be there? 

I quickly shrugged off that possibility, it would be a miracle if I passed anyone at all on my trip there seeing as it was mid afternoon, and even the humans seemed adjusted to the schedule. I was right to assume that as I pushed through the roof door unnoticed by those too deep in sleep. I envied them. At least their dreams weren't haunted by demons.

With a heavy frown I walked to the edge, hopping up where he had stood before. I couldn't stay feeling so close to falling so I settled for sitting, my legs dangling off the side. My nerves calmed as I stared at the passing cars. There was just something serene about city life even during the day; almost magical. Maybe it was because the weather had a crisper feel to it with its cool winter strong on the horizon, but something about it spoke to me in a way I needed. I reveled in the sun peaking through the dreary sky warming my skin in the smallest of ways.

I sighed heavy pulling one knee up and resting my head on it. Sibel suddenly came to mind. She had looked at me so heartbroken and angry. Was that on some level her spirit calling out to me of its unrest? She had been so real. Right there. Even in my dreams I couldn't save her. I thought sullenly.

"Couldn't sleep?" A twinkling velvety voice coated me from behind. I glanced back startled; I hadn't seen her small silhouette peaking around the tall glass paneled window sticking up from the roof. "I didn't mean to scare you." her light voice chimed monotonously stepping forward stopping just at the edge beside me.

"Oh! I didn't see you is all." It was true, normally I am very observant of my surroundings, but I must have been too lost in thought.

"Why are you up at this hour?" I asked suddenly curious. The only reason anyone would be up at this ungodly hour is either for work or because their nights were haunted by the demons of their past. She just seemed too young for that. 

She stepped closer as the sun disappeared again behind the clouds. Her hands were hidden behind her back, nightgown blowing in the wind. Something about her made me feel uneasy even if she was a child. She couldn't have been more than 12, but she seemed too still... stared too long.

Suddenly her hands wound from around her back revealing a beautiful glowing flower. It was similar to the blue flowers I loved so much save for the color. 

"I wanted to plant my flower in the garden." She said looking at it preciously. I smiled softly unable to look away from the golden flower. It looked so majestic, so irresistible. 

"What a perfect place." I mumbled and she looked up at me, her dark eyes striking against her pale skin. 

"I thought so. Would you like to hold it? It smells so wonderful." She said slowly inching it towards me and I simply couldn't resist. I was too curious, and it was too beautiful. My fingers gasped the stem and my eyes fluttered closed on their own as I leaned in to smell the beautiful flower. Its scent smelled of honeysuckles and daisies, its smell completely intoxicating.

"Evelyn!" A familiar voice shouted breaking me from my small trance as my eyes shot open to look in his direction. 

"Jameson." I mumbled in a daze. Suddenly he was in front of me ripping the flower from my hands with his leather gloved coverings. In his hand, the flower looked strikingly different. 

"Hey!" I protested jumping forward to take back my flower before he ruined it, but he shoved a hand against my chest holding me back with ease.

"Where did you get this?" he demanded, his brilliant blue eyes darker than I had ever seen anyone's eyes suddenly become. I smiled loopily with a giggle. Was he jealous of my flower? Maybe the girl had more!

"The little girl over-" My own words fell off as I looked at the empty place she once stood. 

"What girl?" He asked anxiously trying to understand. My head whipped around confused as I shoved past him looking around the entire roof top. I turned back to him with a frown when a sudden intense nauseating dizziness caused me to fall to my hands and knees with a groan.

"Evelyn, what's wrong?" He said kneeling next to me in a flash, discarding the flower a few feet away. My eyes wondered up to see three of him. I shook my head out of habit but it made everything so much worse.

"My head." I moaned squeezing my eyes shut tightly. "I can't-" I stopped harshly with a chocking sound as my throat closed around the words, a violent cough raking its way up my chest. My hands rushed up out of habit to cover it and found blue mixed with black coating my fingers in striking contrast to the white blanketed world around me. I quickly closed my hand to hide the strange sight. 

It was only then in that split second glance that I noticed the irregular marks on my hand; it was as if I had gripped thorns, the pattern looking like a strange black rash of decay; burned. Immediately my eyes darted to the flower he had discarded on the ground a few moments ago. The black flower was beautiful in its own right, almost like a black tulip with a furry stem, but nowhere near the golden flower I once held. 

"Nightshadow." I whispered in stunned shock before meeting those sapphire eyes once again; this time in fear. I had known about this flower for a long time. My father had schooled me severely on the deadly effects of it saying that it wouldn't hurt my sister or my mother but he and I were different. Touching one could make us sick for days, but to smell one would bring surefire death without proper immediate treatment. 

"Do you have any idea how dangerous this is to my kind? Why would you bring this here?" He asked, sapphire eyes darkening with anger. I felt sick. All I could do was shake my head staring at the flower horrified, but even that small movement caused a sharp pain to stab its way sharply through my lungs. I cried out holding my chest. 

"Evelyn? What's wrong?" He said seeming to truly take notice of my state for the first time. Tears welled up blurring my vision with a dark film, but he ripped my hand away from my face the moment I tried to clear my eyes. Now he looked horrified staring at my hand covered in black. 

"Thats not possible." I heard him whisper. 

A cough ripped through me once again lighting my lungs afire as more of the strange mixture sprayed my hand coating my lips and dripping down my chin. His eyes were wild and confused almost frozen. Can vampires go into shock? 

"Help me." I rasped as my world began to swim and I fell into him. In a sudden jolt of panic, I gripped his shirt tightly with wide blurry eyes. "Hanabusa." I wheezed. He had to take me to him. 

It seemed to shake him out of his trance as he scooped me up like I weighed less than a feather. My world swam and warped around me; my heartrate skyrocketed trying to shoot out of my chest with painful sparks. 

"Hold on." He said and it felt as if I was being torn apart in a freezing molecular frenzy before coming together again; the dully grey sky replaced by a dark wooden vaulted ceiling with square patterns swimming around my vision. I would have puked had I not already been so lost in the dizzy painful haze I was trapped in. A sharp pain shot through my hand causing a whimper to tumble out of my burning throat. 

The voices around me were dull and scattered making no sense. I found it increasingly hard to stay conscious as I vaguely felt another sharp pain centered on my neck. It was nothing compared to the forest fire in my lungs. Something warm touched my lips and a strange familiar sweetness spilled past my lips coating my tongue enough to stop the burn but not enough to stop the darkness overtaking me. A pair of brilliant blue eyes came sharply into focus for a mere moment, and then without choice or pain, I gave in to the sweet calming darkness. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

46.9K 3K 114
Zoe's only wish is to be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it'll never happen. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch an...
386 32 10
Second book in the series Evelyn thought her battle was over when she broke from her ancestral bondage and the curse putting the mate bond. Destined...
32 0 1
This is a fated mate romance between a reluctant fiery woman and an alpha male who is more then used to getting his way. Their bloodlines make them s...
4.3K 319 18
*Book 4 of Reuniting The Council Series* After being a guardian for many years of her life, Crystal finally is relieved of her duties. But at the end...