Head over Heels

By wickedzone

Lucy Avalos, eighteen from Grand Rapids, graduated high school and ready for a new start in college. Ace Serr... More

|| Prologue
|| Chapter One
|| Chapter Two
|| Chapter Three
|| Chapter Four
|| Chapter Five
|| Chapter Six
|| Chapter Seven
|| Chapter Eight
|| Chapter Nine
|| Chapter Ten
|| Chapter Eleven
|| Chapter Twelve
|| Chapter Thirteen
|| Chapter Fourteen
|| Chapter Fifteen
|| Chapter Sixteen
|| Chapter Seventeen
|| Chapter Eighteen
|| Chapter Nineteen
|| Chapter Twenty
|| Chapter Twenty-One
|| Chapter Twenty-Two
|| Chapter Twenty-Three
|| Chapter Twenty-Five
|| Chapter Twenty-Six
|| Chapter Twenty-Seven
|| Chapter Twenty-Eight

|| Chapter Twenty-Four

2.4K 77 4
By wickedzone

Four Weeks Later

Looking at the mirror, I studied my outfit; I'm wearing a burgundy knit tunic, black leggings and my black Vans.

"I'm out!" I shouted and walked out of the door.

Fortunately, I woke up at 4AM, and all my morning sickness is over by now. Kind of. I still feel nauseated as I push the elevator button.

Dylan said that it is common to feel nauseated, hungry and pee more than usual in my eighth week.

Ace and I were surprised when Dylan announced that I don't have one baby.

I have twins.

He also said that it was normal if I didn't know that I'm pregnant until my fourth week, but the babies already started to develop so that's good I found out soon.

Ace promised he will take me to buy bigger bras today though.

The elevator doors opened and then closed. I frowned and pushed the button again. I guess I was staring at space instead of walking in.

A door was slammed shut and I looked to my right, seeing Ace walking out of his apartment; his tie was loosened, hair was dripping wet and a smile was across his face.

"I told you to wait," he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"But I'm going to late for school," I pouted.

"You won't. I will just dry my hair and we will leave." He kissed my forehead and I nodded. "Aren't you coming in?"

"No, I will wait here." I said and he nodded, walking back to his apartment.

The reason I didn't want to enter his apartment, is mainly because I planned to talk with Eric this morning.

I put my car keys inside of my backpack, pulling out my phone and sending a message to him.

Hey :)

Two minutes later, he responded. Hey! How is my little sister doing?

I'm doing great.

A second later I sent, if you don't count the nausea, my belly, cravings, bigger boobs (oh can't complain about that though), expanded waistline, peeing every damn second, changing moods now and then...yeah I'm doing just GREAT.

Oh wow. You do change moods often haha.

How are you? Aren't you suppose to be working?

Yeah but I took five...or ten. ;)

Haha. Did anything happen? You were pretty anxious yesterday.

As I waited for his replay, Ace walked out with his briefcase. Looks good in a tux like always.

He wrapped a protective arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him as we entered the elevator.

"You sure you want to go today? I can ask from Mrs. Walter to homeschool you today too." He suggested.

"I'm fine," I smiled at his caring for me.

"Just call or text me if something happens, alright?" He sighed and we walked out of the elevator, greeting George on our way out.

"Alright."

Ace opened the door for me and I sat down, buckling my belt. He hopped in a second after and pulled out of the parking lot.

Ding.

The sound made me jump lightly, and Ace chuckled. "Shut up." I chuckled myself, unlocking my phone.

There it goes...
Dad (not my adoptive one) talked to me since the other day when you told me, Matt and Wallace about your pregnancy. He was really upset and I tried to calm him down alongside EVERYONE. He just don't understand how stupid it is to be angry because you are pregnant. That happened and he should be fucking supportive. Anyway, I just started to fight with him over the phone and then I just hung up on him. He is more than furious right now and I'm so sorry if it made the situation even worse.

I looked up and stopped the tears, then looked back at the screen and replied. No worries. It will be okay eventually. I can't read/type while in car, it brings the nausea back.

He responded almost immediately, oh, okay. Have a good day little sister :)

You too :)

I locked my phone and looked out of the window, watching the traffic move slowly.

Music played in the background, making Ace tap on the wheel to the melody, humming the lyrics.

He glanced at me, a smile playing on his lips. He gave up and grinned, and I frowned. "What?" I asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged.

"Then why are you grinning?"

"I just enjoy looking at you."

My cheeks flushed, and I played with a loosen string of my top. "That's cute,"

"It is, isn't it?" He winked at me and then looked back at the road, passing a green light.

Three minutes later, we arrived. "Good luck, princesa." he said as I unfastened my belt.

"Thanks, have a lovely day." I cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips.

"That is so hard to let you go away for half of the day," his lips pushed forward, forming into a pout.

"Don't pout! God! You know that this is my weakness!" I pushed his lower lip back to its place.

Ace laughed, taking my hand in his. "I love you, baby girl." He kisses the palm of my hand between each word.

"Love you too." I kissed his lips once again and closed the door behind me. I waved him goodbye, and as usual, he waited for me to enter the campus safely before driving away.

I met Jared, Tiff and Jack at the theater, where our day starts.

The lecturer waited for the last students to come inside before starting to talk.

I took my notebook and pencil case, placing it on the chair's desk, writing down important notes.

"Is everything okay?" Jack whispered.

"My blister is going to explode," I bit my lip, tapping my legs on the floor nervously.

"Then what the fuck are you doing here? Go! I will copy notes for you,"

I sprinted out of the theater, ignoring everyone's eyes, and kept running to the restroom. I flushed the toilet, sighing in relief. Washing my hands, I walked out and made my way back.

"Why did you leave?" Mr. Bishop stopped me as I wanted to enter the theater.

"I needed to pee," I answered honestly.

"And you couldn't say to me before? You interrupted the lecturer and he is not happy now."

"Oh wow," I mumbled. "I just needed to pee really badly, and you were across the room. I would have peed myself by then."

"You are eighteen, didn't you learn all those years how to delay gratification?" He asked and my anger boiled, fists clenching.

"I could not delay it. I needed to pee." I said through greeted teeth.

"I was expecting more from you. You may come in," he said and opened the door.

I stayed still, my hands on my sides, fists still clenched. The lecturer stopped talking, and everyone looked at me. I walked down the stairs, grabbing my backpack and notebook. Jack and Jared looked at me with raised eyebrows and I looked at Tiff, receiving a nod from her. At least she understands.

"Where are you going?" Mr. Bishop asked, his voice echoed in the silent room.

"Leaving. I will copy the notes later." I said and stormed away.

Tears started roll down my cheeks, and I wiped them away fiercely. I can't do it. I can't.

The words that I never thought will come across my mind, repeated in my head and as much as I wanted them out, I couldn't.

I took a cab, staring blankly at the window. "We are here." The taxi driver said.

"Thank you," I handed him cash and walked into the building.

"Ms. Avalos," George greeted me. "You are back early today."

"Yeah," I smiled sadly.

"Why are the tears?" He asked.

I cleaned my throat, "I promised myself that I will not give up but I'm doubting my own words now."

"You should never doubt yourself. Go with what you want and not what others do. There will always be the ones who wants the worse for you. But the only one that actually wants the best for you is you, believe it or not." He gave me a tap on my shoulder and a smile.

"Why elders are so smart?" I laughed, shaking my head. He reminds me a lot of Earl, the diner owner who gave me the talk before Ace and I shared our feelings out loud.

"Because we have been through this age too, Ms. Avalos."

"Thanks," I gave him a smile, not a sad one this time. "I will see you later."

"Glad to be a service." He bowed and I waved him goodbye.

Too bad that the people in our building are still snobs. They don't know how to appreciate a man like George.

I changed my mind.

"You just walked in, and you leave already?" George laughed as I made my way towards the exit.

"I change my mind a lot, lately." I laughed. "Bye!"

"Bye, Ms. Avalos."

Now, how am I going to get there? Oh, of course. I called the taxi company, and ordered a cab to the diner.

Half an hour later, I was sitting in front of the counter, waiting for Earl to finish making my order.

"How is life?" I asked him as he sat the plate in front of me.

He smiled, "It's great as long as I'm healthy and happy."

"You are the most optimistic person I have ever met."

"It won't help me or my business if I will be pessimistic."

"True," I agreed.

"What about you?" He asked. "You weren't here for a long time. Ace and your friends came here alone,"

I smiled, "I'm pregnant."

Earl was shocked, but I didn't have another way to announce it; the next morning after the dinner, I needed to tell Eric, MJ and Wallace about my pregnancy, too, but I didn't have an idea so I just did it.

"I'm supportive in everything you decide, I'm not the one to judge." He smiled. "Congrats,"

He looked into my eyes, "but you don't look like you are happy; there is something else in your eyes; regret?"

"No, no. Absolutely not." I shook my head.

"Then why are you in the middle of school day doing in here, all by yourself, with a glint of regret and sadness in your eyes?"

"It will be hard to say that, because I will believe my own words."

"Say it, maybe you need someone that will listen,"

"The day I found out, I promised that I will not give up. But slowly, I am giving up. I can't study with this thing going on. I feel sick every second, I change my mood a lot...everything just sucks. Let's not talk about my father; he despises me now." 

He listen to my rambling as he took new pastries from the kitchen to my plate. "Sometimes I think of abortion."

Earl looked at me with wide eyes, and then over my shoulder.

Oh God. No. Fuck! Please don't tell me that this is like in movies.

As I looked over my shoulder, Ace stormed out of the diner.

Fucking great.

I looked at Earl for some help, but all he said was, "go, talk to him. That's how relationships work. You have to communicate."

Leaving a twenty, I ran out of the diner, seeing Ace walking to his car. "Ace!"

He didn't look back and I caught with his pace, placing my hand on his shoulder. Shrugging my hand off, he opened the door of his car.

"Get in." He said in a low voice, still not making an eye contact with me.

I did as he told me to, and he drove away. He parked in front of a hospital.

What the hell is going on?

Ace grasped the wheel, "you said you want to abort the baby."

"I don't want to." I said, "I thought of it."

"Why?"

"I'm feeling like it's not going to work out. That my father would disown me. That I couldn't study because I need to take care of them. That maybe...you will leave me alone with two kids, just like my mother did." I cried, my head in my hands.

"You are so stupid if you think I will leave you alone. Even if you weren't carrying my own flesh and blood, I wouldn't dream of doing that." His voice came out softer than before.

"I don't want to lose them!" I looked straight into Ace's eyes, trying not to cry.

"You got me. Don't listen to others,"

"I love you," I said.

"You know I love you too, princesa. Tell me you won't do that. But if you will..." He trailed off.

"I will accept it. It's your body after all, and I'm not the dominant in our relationship; I won't force you to do something you don't like or want."

"I won't do that, believe me. It's only one negative thought against million positive ones."

"Can we go to Dylan?" I asked.

"Why?"

"I want to do ultrasound today,"

Ace nodded and drove away.

I hate drama.

We waited an hour outside until the woman walked out of the ultrasound room. Ace talked with Dylan to move my ultrasound to today, and he agreed.

"How do you feel?" Dylan asked.

"Great," I answered.

"You called me to know some answers. Did it help?"

"Yeah, I'm going to buy new clothes and underwear." I answered and Dylan chuckled.

He pointed at the screen, where two fetus are showed. "Your twins' major organs begin to develop rapidly. Their hearts are beating at about 150 beats a minute."

I know I should listen, but seriously those two are freaking interesting to look at; their veins are visible, hands now bent at the wrist, and their feet are starting to lose their webbed appearance...they are cute little blueberries.

After Dylan, we went shopping; Ace was embarrassed walking into Victoria's Secret and waiting for me to try on different sizes, and I enjoyed the pinkish color on his cheeks.

"October 5th," Ace kept repeating the date as he played with his car keys, twisting it with his fingers.

"The due date can always change," I said.

"For now it's October 5th," he smiled.

"Whatever." I gave him a kiss and went to his room.

"Why did you leave your work?" I asked as he trapped me with his hands against the wall.

"Because someone told me you left early," Ace mumbled as he left trails of kisses down my neck to my breasts.

"Ace," I moaned.

He looked up at me with lustful eyes, and I asked, arching an eyebrow. "You are sure you want to do this now?"

"You are the one that need to answer,"

Ace eyes flickered to my lips as I bit my lower lip. "I will take that as a yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 2.7K 55
What if your family expects you to get an heir for the family's empire and you make the wrong choices when it comes to women? You abduct a child, rig...
2.2K 29 14
Ace Vinci a powerful dominant and reckless CEO of the Vinci enterprises making him one of the most powerful men in the world. He has everything mon...
287 56 30
Astoria , a mere 24 year old girl and the next leader of the French Mafia , a perfect girl with not a care in the world, she can be the sweetest and...
1.3M 27.7K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...