Forget Me Not | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

[previously titled as 'amnesia'] ❝i never dreamed i'd love somebody like you and i never dreamed that i woul... More

•Prologue•
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10• {last chapter}
Note

•Chapter 6•

257 19 27
By Lexy_VLover

"Fran, are you sure this is what you want?" Cami asks me for the millionth time today.

She was bothering me about my date with Diego. It had been a huge step for me, and all the risks. But I still wanted it. Cami, even though she said I should move on in life, said I shouldn't go on this date.

"Yes Cami. I'm moving on!" I say exasperated.

"What if Leon gets his memory back? And then you will be with Diego. Imagine what he will think! Imagine how he would feel!" Cami tells me, she freezes for a second and then shakes her head.

"Leon is with Violetta," I point out and Cami looks at me with an 'are you serious' kinda look.

"He has amnesia!" Cami defends him and I roll my eyes,

"I am going on this date!" I shout.

I get out her car and storm into my house, up the stairs and into my room. I fall back onto my bed letting out a long and loud sigh.

I wanted to do this, Leon didn't remember us, and there was no sure chance that he would remember. But if he did, I might be with Diego. And then who would I choose? I mean, I love Leon. I don't know about Diego, but he is sweet. And I would never know if I never tried. And by tried I mean go on the date. I've made up my mind.

I'm going on the date.

I get off my bed and march to my closet. I begin looking through moving the hangers around. I take out a few and hold it against the front of my body, and if I like it I throw it on the bed. Once I looked through everything in my closet I turn back to my bed. I go to the dresses and eventually have one left on the bed the rest on the floor. I choose another outfit and study them.

Dress.

I was about to start changing when my phone buzzed. I had a message and saw who it was. Diego. I open it and smile at the message.

Hey beautiful! Just wanted to let you know to bring a swimming costume
Xx See you soon!

He was so cute! I go to my closet and take my new bikini, it was a light green and the bikini top had a cover, like a ruffle. I grab my white lacy coverup and go back to my dress to change.

-

When I was done I admired myself in the mirror. It was a teal Aztec printed dress. The Aztec print was on the top, the bottom was plain teal material. I had black leather, ankle heels. I applied a bit of makeup, blush and lipgloss.

It felt like forever since I had been on a date. I hear the doorbell ring and look out the window. I see Diego and I quickly grab my bag and rush downstairs. I open the door with a grin, but my breath was soon taken away when I saw what he was wearing.

He had a simple black jeans and black shirt with a white jacket. I couldn't help but stare, and the way the shirt hugged his muscles and toned stomach wasn't helping.

"You done?" Diego asks and I blush when I realize he was talking about the staring.

I walk outside and close the door. I feel a hit breath in my ear sending tingles through my body.

"It's fine, I was too," Diego whispered.

He handed my some flowers and walked to the car to open the passage door for me. I get in, worrying that I may still look like a tomato. He runs over to the other side and starts the ignition.

"So how are you?" Diego asks out of nowhere.

"I'm fine. Getting better," I say giving him a small smile.

"You know you don't have to come on this date, I'm fine with the rejection," Diego says making a turn

"Diego, I want to come on this date. Leon may never remember, I want to be on this date with you," I say and put his other hand in mine.

He gives me a smile and I squeeze his hand. The car ride was normal after that. We asked each other questions, trying to get to know each other. It was different to being with Leon, but I liked it. He was funny, and he was very kind.

"Ah, we are here," Diego says stopping the car.

I open the door and get out. We had stopped in front of a brick wall that was graffitied.

"Um Diego?" I say and he chuckles deeply.

He takes my hand and leads me to the end of the wall. I see a small door, wide enough for somebody to fit through, but it was quite short. Diego unlocks the door and puts a hand on my back telling me to go in.

"If you rape me, I will literally kill you," I say before bending down and walking through.

Diego comes in a short while after and pulls a string to switch on the light. I see a sunset on the wall, it was painted by an amazing artist. It looked like it was in the African Wild, animals were in the picture. Some lying down, lions chasing buck, elephants drinking from the water hole. I stare in awe when Diego gives me a little push.

"I will explain later," He says and I nod.

I carry on walking down the stairs and get to the bottom. This time I pull the string and see a small round table set up. The wall caught my attention. This time it was the ocean. There so many shades of blue I couldn't even count. There were some sea animals and I begin tracing my fingers over the pictures.

"See that purple starfish," Diego says and I nod, "I painted that," He says and he smiles. "I was five,"

"You are amazing!" I exclaim looking at the starfish.

I never even noticed he moved until his hand was on my back. He leads me to the table and we sit down.

"This place was started by my father {Gregorio is still Diego's father} he had a vision to let people express themselves. He liked art, it made me get into it. That starfish above mine was the last thing we painted together. Then he left," Diego explains putting his hands on the table, "and then, his best friend came and took over. I kept on coming, helping, painting. This is the last thing I have from him. I can't even remember what he looked like," Diego tells me and I can see tears forming in his eyes.

I take his hands in mine and kiss his knuckles. I look at him smiling.

"Thanks for sharing this place," I whisper and he grins at me.

"So let me call the chef, he's amazing!" Diego grins and I laugh.

-

"So did I bring the swimming costume for nothing?" I ask Diego as he locks the door.

"Nope," He says popping the 'p'

The sun set was setting so it cast a light glow over everything. I smile at him, and he grins back.

-

"We are the only people here," I say coming out of the change room with my bikini on.

"Its good isn't it," Diego winks.

He takes off his shirt and I had to stop myself from drooling, to think I found him hot in a shirt!

He takes my hand and leads me to the shoreline, the waves ending at my toes. I wiggle my toes at the cold.

"Fran, will you be my girlfriend?" Diego asks softly, I wasn't sure if he had really intended for me to hear.

"Of course," I answer, "I really enjoyed the date, you showed some place important to you."

Diego spins me around and cups my face in his hand. He leans down and kisses my lips softly. There were fireworks, I tried to push Leon out of my head as I kissed him back. He was a great kisser,I had to give him that. When we break apart I bite my lip smiling at him.

"Let's go in the water," Diego grins,I take off my coverup and he pulls my hand dragging me to the water.

I laugh as he pulls me along. When we reach the water he pulls me chest deep into the water. I close my eyes and I bite my lip hard from the cold. Diego wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to his bare chest. Eventually I warm up to the water, we stand there like that for a while when I pull away. I splash water onto the part of his chest that wasn't wet and he curses.

"Fran!" He warns and I splash him again.

He shakes his head and splashes me. His were much worse than mine, must be a guy thing. I remember when I was with Leon, and we would have a splash fight -stop! You have a new boyfriend.

I turn back to Diego and grin deviously at him. I begin splashing wildly and then Diego disappears underwater. Suddenly I feel myself getting lifted off my feet. I scream in protest and Diego comes from under the water, with me in his arms. He shakes his wet hair and small droplets of water land on my face. He lets me go and I kiss him passionately putting my arms around his neck.

I have a new boyfriend.

I liked the sound of that.

~~~~~~~~
Hate me? Don't? Anyway, Diecesca chapter. With 4 chapters left what do you think will happen? It was very long, not sure if I can even write a longer one for this book. . I'm going to do a Leon chapter again, I just really want to write him as well. It's fun. Get ready for some jealous Leon, because it's just amazing. Not sure how I can write it, but anyway. Thanks for reading! And sorry for mistakes! You see I was going to proofread it but it was way too long!

Lexy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 17.5K 34
Gracie Slater and Colleen Witzel couldn't be more different. Gracie was the popular cheerleader and Colleen was the shy weird girl hated by all. To...
2.2K 104 39
When 29 year old Cara gets into a car accident, she forgets everything. She doesn't know what she is doing, who she is with, or even who she is! She...
468K 17.1K 53
Cameron James had the perfect life. For the past eight years he's been happily married to the first and only woman he's ever loved. What happens when...
1.8K 41 21
Charlotte and Christopher never really liked each other, but what if one day Charlotte had an accident and lost her memory and Christopher took advan...