Rose's Promise (One Direction...

By arialuv1D

*April 2007* At 9 years old, Celia-Rose Cooper witnesses Division, a secret black-ops organization setting fi... More

PART 1, Chapter One: I Promise
Chapter Two: Marked For Life
Chapter Three: Division
Chapter Four: Cloud Nine... or Hell Nine?
Chapter Five: Trust Issues
Chapter Six: Trouble(d) Girl
Chapter Seven: Nikita
PART 2 , Chapter Eight: A Night In Jail
Chapter Nine: Life As An Assassin
Chapter Ten: Your Past Always Resurface
Chapter Eleven: That Wasn't Planned...
Chapter Twelve: One Direction... Right Into Problems!
Chapter Thirteen: Tag Killer?
Chapter Fourteen: No Other Choice
Chapter Fifteen: Division's Strategy
Chapter Sixteen: Shopping Day With My... New Friend?
Chapter Seventeen: What The Hell...
Chapter Eighteen: I'm Not Out Of Here Yet
Chapter Nineteen: Chess Games & Black Boxes
Chapter Twenty: Movemented Night
Chapter Twenty-One: Friends & Foes
Chapter Twenty-Two: Undercover? Under Control.
Chapter Twenty-Three: Intrigues
Chapter Twenty-Four: Hidden Truths
Chapter Twenty-Five: Leave Behind, Go Forward
Chapter Twenty-Six: Three Months Later
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Back In The Game
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Surprises
Chapter Twenty-Nine: So Far... Not So Great
Chapter Thirty: Our Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Sweet Innocent Judy
Chapter Thirty-Two: Complications
Chapter Thirty-Three: If You Never Try, You'll Never Know
Chapter Thirty-Four: Here & Now
Chapter Thirty-Five: Girl Almighty
Chapter Thirty-Six: Sucker Punch
Chapter Thirty-Seven: In Your Wildest Dreams
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Rare Gem
Chapter Thirty-Nine: 'O Sole Mio
Chapter Forty: The Breaking Point
Chapter Forty-One: Is It Going Too Fast?
Chapter Forty-Two: From Celia-Rose Cooper With Love
Chapter Forty-Three: At Gunpoint
Chapter Forty-Four: Pain Is The Best Art Form
Chapter Forty-Five: Give Me A Reason
Chapter Forty-Six: Photograph
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Great Escape
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Wind Changes
Chapter Forty-Nine: Hitting The Fan
Chapter Fifty: Turning The Tables
Chapter Fifty-One: Face To Face
Chapter Fifty-Two: Get Up And Fight
Chapter Fifty-Three: Making Things Right
Chapter Fifty-Four: Aftershock
Epilogue
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter Fifty-Five: Promise Me

397 13 3
By arialuv1D

Harry P.O.V

I was at the hospital. I was walking back and forth. One minute, Celia was fine, the other, she fell, knocked out. I got too worried she could have something serious, so Gemma drove us at the hospital.

I had enter the hospital with her in my arms and they took her right away in the hospital emergency room.

It has been almost an hour and I have no news from her.

"Harry..."

I looked at Gemma. She was holding Celia's backpack.

"You should sit.", she said.

"No, I'm better standing."

I took a deep breath. When will I have fucking news?!

"Is this the girl you told me about?"

I nodded and kept walking. I told her about Celia, when I thought she was Katherine, but I fortunately didn't tell her she was named Katherine. It skips me a whole bizarre explanation.

She knew I had break up with her, though.

"You still love her, right?"

I nodded: "Yeah. I just hope she's alright."

"Harry, she fainted. She's 18, it's not like she died of a heart attack!"

"Don't say things like that, please!", I sighed, walking in circles. "I'm so worried!"

"Hey... by all the things you just told me about her, I'm sure she's strong and it takes more than that to go through her."

I hope Gemma was right. Finally, a doctor came to me.

"Mr. Styles?"

"Yes??"

"I'm Doctor Jenkins. I'm here to give you news from your friend... Celia Jones?"

Yeah, I didn't want them to know Celia's real identity, so I created her one.

"Yes... how is she?", I was nervous.

He looked into his notes tied to his pad: "Your friend suffered from a vasovagal syncope."

"A what?", Gemma frowned.

"Basically, she got a so big shock she got a sudden hypotension: her blood didn't go successfully to her brain, and it lead to fainting as a defense mechanism."

"Oh."

"We've stabilized her with intravenous fluids . We also cleaned up her wounds. What happened to her? She got one big trauma..."

"She got an accident.", I said, lying to him (come on, I couldn't tell the truth!) "She knocked on my door and she just... fell."

The doctor nodded, and kept writing in his notes.

"Can I see her?", I asked.

"Of course. Follow me."

Gemma and I followed him to a room. I smiled when I saw the girl I loved sleeping delicately on the bed. She had intravenous catheters in her arm, giving her fluids from a tube, and stitches in her face. Despite the horrible things that happened to her, she looked so peaceful, so beautiful.

The doctor got me out of my mind: "As you can see, she's sleeping. She needs rest. Her tiredness plus her trauma... she could've got serious brain damages. Let her sleep, okay?"

"I won't be a pain. I just... want to be by her side. Thank you very much."

He smiled and left. I entered the room. The only sound was the monitor beeping, representing her heartbeat.

I sat on the chair next to her: "Hey, Celia. It's me."

I took her cold hand in mine.

"I'm gonna let you sleep, I promise, but I want you to know... that I'm not leaving. I'll always be here for you. You won't get rid of me that easily."

I laughed when I realized what I told her when we were slow dancing, and a tear slid down my cheek.

Gemma wiped it away and kissed my temple: "I'm gonna go. She needs you. Take good care of her, okay?"

"I will.", I whispered, my eyes going back at Celia.

Gemma left and I leaned my head against the wall, sighing.

"Mmh... mommy..."

I looked at her. She was sleep talking.

"... no... daddy... please..."

I sighed. Poor her. It made me feel so powerless.

I jumped in my seat when she let out a blood-curling scream.

"Shh... shh... shh...", I caressed her hair, and she sighed, taking deep breaths in her sleep. She whimpered, a tear escaping from under her closed eyelid.

I wiped it away, and caressed her soft satin face with my fingers.

"It's alright... I'm here."

I kissed her face and intertwined my hand with hers. I fell asleep in that position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celia-Rose P.O.V

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

I opened my eyes. I looked at my surroundings. I was laying in a bed, at the hospital. The sound of the annoying monitor that proved I was still alive. What happened?

A nurse entered my room, to take off the catheters I realized I had in my arms.

"Hi?"

She looked at me: "Good morning, Celia."

"What happened?", I groaned, grabbing my head in pain.

"You got a serious shock, and you fainted. Your friend brought you here. He's on his way."

My friend? Oh... Harry.

"Oh... since how many time I'm here?"

"A day. You slept 20 hours."

"Woah, 20 hours?!", I asked. It's been a while I slept this long.

She nodded, and left. I sighed. I remembered now.

My fight with Nikita, leading to me escaping Division with Henry in helicopter. Henry's death. Having a lift from Sam the truck driver. Me walking to Harry's flat, thinking Gemma was his girlfriend.

My suicide attempt. My conversation with Harry and... a blackhole in my head.

A knock got me out of my thoughts. I turned my head at the door: Harry. I gulped, blushing: "Hey."

"Hey." he smiled, entering my room, before sitting on the chair next to me. This is ironic...

I met Louis, Niall and Eleanor in a hospital room, when I had faked my attack in London, almost a year ago.

And now, here I was, in a hospital, for real this time, Harry in front of me knowing my real identity. 

"I have something for you."

I looked at Harry. He got roses and a teddy bear from behind his back.

"Thanks. You're sweet."

I looked at the teddy bear: "I used to have one just like this when I was a kid. I got it for my 6th birthday. But Daisy had dropped her spaghetti all over him. I was hysterical and my mom couldn't do anything to comfort me. Despite many washing attempts, the stains wouldn't leave. I decided to call him Meatball because of that."

Harry smiled.

"I liked Meatball. He smelled like spaghetti, but I liked it. It was a gift of my father's. He burnt in the fire, with my family."

Harry's smile faded. There was a moment of silence.

"You're being released from the hospital. Gemma gave you a few clothes.", I said.

"It's nice of her.", I said.

I felt so dumb for ever thinking she was his new girlfriend. I was embarassed.

Harry sighed, putting the clothes on the bed: "Dress up, and join me. I'm taking you home."

He kissed my forehead and left. I sighed before whispering to myself:

I have no home, Harry.

~~~

The ride to Harry's apartment was silent. I leaned my head against the window. Like when Grandpa took me in, the night of the Massacre.

Harry stopped the car and looked at me: "We're here."

I didn't talk. I followed him inside the building, up the stairs, until we finally got inside his apartment.

"You're not obligated to do that for me.", I said.

Harry threw his keys and coat on the couch, and turned to face me: "I insist. Where would you stay anyway?"

I shrugged: "I was planning to go in heaven, with my family. Did you know my name means heaven?"

Harry started crying.

"W-Why are you crying?", I asked.

"Stop talking this way about yourself, Celia. J-Just stop. It hurts me so much."

I started crying too: "I'm sorry."

He wiped his tears, looking at me with his shining green eyes: "I got so worried, when you came back, last night. I... I thought... I thought I was going to lose you. Forever. I mean... you tried to throw yourself off the building of my apartment!"

I gulped. I didn't know what to say.

Harry approached me and put his hands on my shoulders. His touch sent shivers down my spine. My hazel eyes looked through his green ones. I could read pain, sadness and worry.

He took a deep breath: "Look... I understand you fought for years to get the man who killed your family. You needed to be really determinated. I... I mean, if anything would've happened to my family, I don't know if I would be strong like you were all these years."

"I'm not strong, Harry. I'm weak. I... I only push away the people who care about me to think about my own self. I gave up on my grandparents and my little sister. She was a deaf innocent baby, and I gave up on her! But it's better this way... no one needs a muderer sister in life! Especially not her. And I'm happy in a way I didn't put any more weight over my grandparents' shoulders."

Harry staid silent, and our faces were really close: "I just hope... you won't push me away, too.", he whispered.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes: "You... you mean that..."

He grabbed my face and pressed his lips on mine. I got surprised at first, but closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, raising myself on my tippy toes to reach him more.

We stopped after we got out of breath. Harry then pressed his forehead against mine.

"I care so much about you. I didn't hold on my promise, and I'm so sorry.", Harry whispered, a tear leaking from his eye, hugging me close to him, like if I was gonna disappear.

"Which one?", I asked, wiping his tear with my thumb.

Harry took my hand and held it in his warm one: "When you were drunk, and I said I would be on your side no matter what happens. Next thing you know, I ran away when I learned who you were. But I didn't know everything... now I do, and I will hold on my promise forever until my last breath. But you've got to promise me something, Celia."

"W-What?"

He kissed my hand and looked at me deeply in the eyes: "Please... p-promise me... you'll get better. You have such a beautiful life in front of you! I know you learned a lot of shocking stuff, added all the horrible things you've lived for the past eight years, but please... you've got to get better. Seeing you have those... suicidal thoughts... make me so worried. You've got to... think about happy things.Move on with your life. I promise I'll be on your side and you won't be alone but please, you have to promise you'll get better. "

I cried: "I... I promise, Harry. B-But I... I didn't hold on my promise I did to my mom, I... I don't want to disappoint you."

Harry put a finger on my lips: "For eight years... you did what you could for your family. What I'm asking to do is easier. I'm not asking you to bring down dangerous assassins by yourself for people you might miss, but won't come back even if you succeed your promise. What I'm asking you... is to do something for you."

I closed my eyes, tears escaping: "I... I don't know if I'll be able. Thinking about revenge... made me forgot I was a lost cause. I don't know who I am, Harry!! Why am I even on this earth? I thought revenge was the thing I had to live for, but... now I don't know. I'm not afraid to die... I'm afraid to live."

(*start the song*)

Harry kissed me again. It started to get heated. He pushed me against the wall and stopped kissing me. I was panting. Our bodies were so close, pressed against eachother.

"It's the last time you'll ever feel alone. You're not alone, Celia... I'm here, and I'm not leaving. I love you so much, Celia-Rose Cooper. Please... let me give you something to live for."

I smiled, shedding a tear before caressing his face: "I love you more than I love myself, Harry Styles."

I pressed my lips against his and at this moment, I felt all the burdden of my old life leaving my shoulders. I felt light, all light. I was with Harry, now. I felt safe and sound. Everything would be alright.

And this time, I was convinced.

That's when I jumped in his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and he walked to his room. I closed my eyes and nuzzled in his neck, until he gently laid me down on the bed, and hovered over me, kissing my lips once again.

(*SEXUAL CONTENT. SKIP IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT*)

He got my shirt off, and kissed every single part of my upper body. My arms, my belly, my shoulders, my chest.

I sighed, closing my eyes in arousal. I helped Harry getting his shirt off, and he connected his lips back on mine.

He helped me get my pants and panties off in one shot, and did the same for himself.

"Let me make love to you.", he whispered in my ear.

I closed my eyes, after he took my bra off and threw it away on the pile of clothes on the floor. I spread my legs, and Harry laid between them after putting a condom on.

"I love you.", he said, his hand caressing my cheek.

Tears escaped my eyes: "You're the most beautiful human being I've ever met in my life. And never I will love someone else like I love you. Never."

He wiped my tears away, before pressing his soft lips on mine slowly pushing into me. I whined against his lips, and Harry intertwined my hands in his. He put them over my head, and started to gently thrust in and out of me.

I moaned, throwing my head back. Harry was going so slow, so passionate. He kissed every part of my face and neck, before pressing his lips on mine.

He caressed down my arms, to my sides and trailed up to caress my breasts, making me moan softly.

"You're so beautiful.", he grabbed my face between his hands, keeping his slow loving pace.

"I love you. I love you. I love you...", I repeated, kissing him all over his face, and letting my hands slid from his curly hair down his back, where my nails trailed softly down.

I moaned louder when he went a bit faster, but he still kept a slow speed.

Back in New-York, it was mostly sex, but also love making. But now, we were really making love. It was pure, sweet, caring love-making. We both wanted to enjoy every second of it. It was amazing. Even better than our first time, and our second.

It was the best I've ever had. I hope it was the same for Harry.

I whimpered, in a pure state of bliss. I wrapped my arms around his back and my legs around his waist, and tightened my limbs around him. I wanted to be as close to him as possible.

"Oh, Harry..."

"Celia..."

I laughed, tears escaping my eyes: "You're saying my name... my real name."

Harry kissed my tears away and wrapped his arms around my back, still making love to me: "I love you. I won't let you go. Make this moment last forever."

He had repeated the words I told him during our first time.

"I'll make it last a thousand years just for you.", I whispered, kissing his lips.

Harry kept going faster and faster, until I was screaming and swearing in pleasure, and Harry groaning against my neck.

There came a moment when Harry slowed down before pulling out and laying next to me.

*

*

*

We were both panting. There was a comfortable silence while we both catched our breaths.

"Are you... having... your asthma?", Harry asked, panting.

"No... not yet... but in case... I have my pump.", I said, catching my breath back bit by bit.

Harry wrapped his left arm around my back and held himself above me with his elbow. He gave me a light smile and caressed my face with his right hand.

"So... we're a couple again?", I asked.

"Hell no, it was just a one night stand."

I hit his rib and Harry groaned: "Owww!!!"

"Moron!", I said, smiling.

Harry laughed, grabbing his rib: "Ouch. It hurt!! I was just kidding!"

"I know.", I teased. "Now you know what awaits you if you ever do another stupid not funny joke like this one!" 

"Seriously, it really hurt, baby. I think you broke it."

"Mmh..."

I flipped him on his back, and kissed the rib I had hit. Harry groaned in pain at first but moaned afterwards, smiling and laughing when I gave it a lot of smooches.

I gave it a last little kiss and approached my face from his with a smile: "I broke a lot of ribs. So I know what I'm saying when I say yours is top shape."

Harry smiled, and put us back in the position we had before.

"Back to the topic... of course we're a couple again. I made a promise to you, and I'll hold on at all costs.", he said.

I smiled, but it faded: "It won't be always be easy like this. I... I mean, you have your career! I can't always follow you. Now that I'm not... an assassin anymore. At first, I had a lot of money because I was with..."

I took a deep breath to hide my anger: "... her."

Harry understood who I was refering to.

"But now, money will be a problem."

"I can afford it. For you."

"Harry, no! I... I don't want you to spoil me."

"I want to be with you as much as possible!"

"Harry, no. You did enough for me. Just your presence is making me happy, so... I can't accept you using your money over me. It's just a categorical no."

"Then you've got to find a job."

"A job?"

"Yes. You need to go through the path of being a normal civilian again. And the first step, after getting a place to stay, is to find a job."

"But what do I do?!", I started to panick. "I don't know what I want to do in life..."

He caressed my arm to calm me down. Goosebumps rose up and I had to take a breath not to jump on him and make love to him again.

"How about you go to high school and discover it, then?"

I was about to protest, but I thought about it: "Yeah, not crazy.", I sighed. "It's been 8 years I've been to a school. What if people mess with me again? What if I don't like it? What if I don't look what I'm searching for..."

Harry kissed my lips, shutting me up, and nuzzled his nose against mine:

"It will be alright.", he whispered. "It's high school, not elementary. Give it a try, it can't be that bad. And we both know if someone messes with you, you can kick their ass in less than a half-second!"

I laughed, and sighed, looking back at him: "Will it work this time? I mean... us."

"Is there something else you're hiding from me?", Harry placed himself over me again.

"No!!! You know everything. And from now on, I give you my word: no more secrets. I'll tell you everything that bothers me."

Harry smiled: "Then it will work for sure."

I smiled, and caressed his face: "No matter the distance?"

"No matter the distance. We have texts, Facetime... and you can call me everytime something upsets you."

"Even if I'm at school... or at work?"

"Of course."

I took a deep breath: "Okay. What option can I go in high school?"

"Arts. Definitively."

I smiled: "Why is that?"

"You know how to draw, sing, dance... so that shouldn't even be a question."

I laughed: "Arts. Okay."

I kissed Harry a few minutes, until I stopped and laid back on the bed.

"So... I'll try to find a place to stay. I'll find a job. And after that, I'll register to a high school. For once in my life... I think I can do it."

Harry smiled: "I'm sure you can do it. No matter if I'll be busy at work, away from you, or by your side, in the same country as you... I'll take care of you."

He kissed the tip of my nose and I smiled.

"Thank you Harry."

He smiled back: "You're always welcome, love."

"I'm serious. You... you saved my life. You put me out of this world who was destroying me bit by bit and now... you make me want to live again. I'll never be grateful enough."

"Baby... I've got your back, that's all. The only person who helped you and pushes you to this life of yours who's awaiting for you... is yourself. If you're still standing, it's because you decided to. You're strong, baby. Stronger than you think."

"I still tried to kill myself. You made me stop."

Harry stopped and sighed. He had tears in his eyes: "It's really important for me to know if something bothers you, to tell me. I don't want to lose you while I'm away. That's my worst fear."

He started crying and I wiped his tears away.

Tears were prickling in my eyes: "I had... a lot shocks, these last days. I had a mental breakdown. Now, I'm better. I'm still a bit tired, but it can be fixed. You're helping me, Harry. I'll get better, I promised, right?"

Harry nodded.

"It won't happen again. I promised you. And this promise, I will hold on to it. That's what my family would've wanted: for me to move on with my life, even if they're gone. I do can live without them, it's just... the idea was hard for me. And I was afraid I wouldn't make it, but I know I can. What happened yesterday... will never happen again. Trust me."

Harry smiled: "Okay, I trust you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

I stopped the kiss and whispered: "I won't let you down... I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N*

THAT WAS THE LAST CHAPTER, GUYS!!! NOW THERE'S ONLY THE EPILOGUE REMAINING!!! :O

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. It went so fast, I really can't wait to write the epilogue.

It really won't be long, so I might update it tonight too.

How did you like this chapter? I don't know for you, but I had feels writing the Harlia parts. The song playing while they're making love is 'Moondust' by Jaymes Young. UGHHH THIS SONG IS SO ROMANTIC 😍

For the fans of my old story, who remarked Celia's identity while she's at the hospital is 'Celia Jones', which was the name of the Celia of my old story?

Also, I had fun doing parallels in this chapter. 

a) Celia repeating (unconsciously) Nikita's words when she was training her ("I broke a lot of wrists/ribs, yours is fine")

b) Harry repeating Celia's words ("Make this moment last forever")

c) THE NAME OF THE CHAPTER IS ONE BIG PARALLEL. To the story, yes, but ALSO to the very first chapter, which was 'I Promise' (shows that Celia has to promise not for someone, but for herself more than anybody else)

Anyways, this chapter was short. 3910 words. What? It's shorter than some other chapters XD I really hope you liked it, though. Because it's the last official chapter *inserts sad violins here*

ALRIGHT, I admit it: the 'epilogue' will have a part of story line, but it won't be just this. Well, I WON'T SAY MORE. You'll just have to see for yourselves ;)

VOTE

COMMENT 

FOLLOW

AND SEE YA FOR THE FINAL (WANNA-BE) CHAPTER OF 'ROSE'S PROMISE' !!!!

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2.3K 68
Life is Freedom. You make your own choices, good or bad. You choose the people you surround yourself with, whether they bring out the best in you or...
819K 13.8K 47
Before you get any further, I warn you that this is not your typical spy story. You might think it is... But, it's not. Well, where do I start? I'm...
161K 4.2K 62
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...
21.9K 378 69
ECSASY: An overwhelming fear of joy or happiness - "Tell me you hate me", he says. "I hate you", I say it, over and over and over again. "I hate you...