Heart Break || l.s

By deleted-ari

In which Harry Styles is a popstar who has a boyfriend named Louis Tomlinson but is unfaithful to him and che... More

- One -
- Two -
Notice
- Three -

- Prologue -

9.5K 365 291
By deleted-ari

Prologue

-

Everything was dark around the area except for the soft glow to the outside street lights and the occasional flicker of the neon sign behind me. Heavy thuds of rain landed against the metal roof I was standing under, the occasional drop hitting my face every now and then. Coldness surrounded my body, white puffs coming from my mouth and curling into the air before fading away and disappearing.

Not many cars were out, maybe about three or four every ten minutes. The street was practically abandoned and if it weren't for the loud laughing booming through the place behind me, I would've thought that nobody ever came here. Taking the cigarette that was between my index finger and my thumb, I brought it to my lips and took a drag, my body somewhat relaxing.

It was late, around eleven o'clock at night, almost midnight in fact, and Harry was supposed to pick me up at ten. He hasn't been late in about a week or two and I thought he had change his ways but I was clearly wrong.

Headlights shone in my face making me snap out of the trance I was in, my icy eyes traveling over to where the car was. It was Harry. As I took one last puff from the finished fag, the horn went off, meaning Harry was getting impatient. I should be the one who got impatient.

Sighing softly, the head of the fag was pushed against the brick wall, the light on it going out and ashes falling. Quickly, I tugged the hood of my jacket over my head and jogged off to the car where he was waiting for me.

By the time I got in the car, my body was soaked and shivering. Harry took notice and cranked up the heat a bit before clenching around the steering wheel, his head turning to face me. My eyes were already scanning his face and it was noticeable. The flushed cheeks, swollen lips and messy hair.

"Took you long enough."

His voice was roughed up and deep like he hadn't spoken for a few hours. The glare he threw at me didn't go unnoticed, his eyes a bit squinted and his jaw ticking. A deep sigh rumbled from my chest at that.

"I could say the same to you. Almost two hours later. New record."

At my words, his fists around the steering wheel loosened and he broke eye contact to look at the time. For a moment his face fell but then it went back to before, his hands gripping at the wheel again. His eyes moved away from the blue glow that told him the time, to look over at me instead, not fearing to look me dead in the eyes.

"You know, smoking is bad for you." He paused. "You promised to stop."

Now it was my turn to be caught off guard but quickly, fury filled my body but I managed to hide it well. Hypocrite. That's what he was. He wants to talk about breaking promises when he himself broke so many.

Shifting in my seat, my body turned to him now instead of just my head.

"You know what else is bad? Cheating." I paused just like he did. "You promised to never cheat. That promise was broken, wasn't it, Harry? You promised to never do it again. Clearly that promise was broken multiple times. I wouldn't speak up about broken promises if I were you."

From the way his lips parted and then shut let me know he was currently speechless. That's when I noticed a dark color right on his ear. Lipstick. That's exactly what it was. Me chest hurt at the thought of him with other people. I should be used to this. It's been going on for three years, ever since he became big in the industry.

Why do I stay? Because believe it or not, I've been in love with Harry since he was nineteen and I was sixteen. He's in love with me too. Or he was at least. Even after he hurt me multiple times, I can't find it in my heart to break up with him. It'd probably hurt me more than it'd hurt him.

"I didn't cheat on you. I haven't for a while." He lies through his teeth.

Pausing for another moment, I reached over to him and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him closer. Confusion shot through his eyes before they soon fluttered his eyes, leaning in more. It's cute how he thought I was going to kiss him, especially after what he did.

Instead, my thumb moved up and pushed against the mark, swiping it up and taking some off. When I got some of it on my finger, I pulled away from him making his eyes snap open, hurt flashing through them.

"Red lipstick. Was she a blonde or brunette this time? Or wait, was she a red head? You seemed really into them lately."

My tone was a mix of sarcasm and hurt. I wasn't only hurt by the fact that he cheated, I was also hurt he lied straight to my face. He looked surprised and then guilty. Tears burned in my eyes and I looked away from his face.

"Louis, I-"

"Take me home, Harry. Please. Let's just go home and forget it." My tone was quiet and shaky.

He was still seen looking at me. I could see it from the corner of my eye. After what seemed like a minute or more, he starts the engine and drives off. The only sound now was the heat coming from the car and the windshield wipers, occasionally moving back and forth to wipe away the wet drops.

Soon enough we stopped outside of the gates and Harry was quick to put the numbers in before driving down the pathway.

When he parked the car, I quickly unbuckled myself and tried to open the door but it wouldn't move. The child lock was on. It's like Harry knew this was going to happen. Like he knew he was going to get caught.

I had no choice but to watch as Harry got out and walked to my door, opening it for me. My eyes adverted away from his and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders once I stepped out, my body stiffening at it.

"I'm sorry, Lou." Harry whispered, backing me up against the side of the car door now, his hands now cupped my cheeks, giving me no choice but to stare at him. "I'm so sorry. I love you so much, you know that."

It's like my body just reacted to the words. My body gave in and soon enough I was leaning into him, my lips eagerly pressed to his and my hair soon in his hair. It went on for a few more minutes until I was the first to pull away.

"You're such a dick." I murmured and he just nodded in agreement, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers. "I shouldn't even stay here. You keep doing this to me." He clearly knew my words didn't mean anything and that there wasn't a very high chance of me leaving.

Harry opened the door to our home and leaned over, kissing my lips once more. "I'll stop, I swear." He murmured before pulling us both up the steps.

-

It's been a few hours and we were both in bed, my body curled into his. It seemed he thought I was asleep because all of a sudden he shifted over and reached for something on the side. His phone. I could hear him typing.

I stayed where I was, my eyes still closed.

"Hello? Val, hey." He said quietly into the device. "I'm laying in bed with Lou-- no, no he's a heavy sleeper." He chuckled into the phone. "Yeah, had fun tonight. You left lipstick on me though. Almost cost me my relationship."

Tears threatened to come out of my eyes and I clenched them shut tighter before pretending to shift around in my sleep and away from him. Harry's tone was rushed as he said bye to her and then he shifted and threw an arm around my waist.

"Get off me, Harry." I sniffled and removed his arm from around me and instead shifted away from him more. "Harry, I'm serious." A sob left my lips as he turned me around and pulled me into his arms.

He ended up not saying anything, instead he held me in his arms, stroking my hair until I relaxed against him.

"I'm sorry, Louis."

Those were the last words I heard before a kiss was being placed to my forehead and then I was sleeping.

It wasn't much later until I woke up though, Harry rolled to the other side of the bed. Rubbing my eyes tiredly, my legs swung off of the bed and before I knew what I was doing, I was standing in from of the closet, quietly packing my bag up with a bunch of clothes.

Yes, finally. I've decided to leave. Maybe it was for the best. He'd get to do whatever he wants without having to be tied down and I'll someday stop hurting.

Once everything was packed, I glanced back at him once and then I was gone.

------------------

I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS BOOK?! I SAID I WAS GOING TO COMPLETE ONE OF MY OTHER BOOKS FIRST BEFORE MAKING ANYMORE BUT I COULDN'T RESIST.

I probably will start this when I'm finished kik. Or sooner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 17.9K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
284K 9.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
321K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc