In This Burning Building

Por BrilliantCub

So, your basic fire drill lessons are to stop, drop, roll, and find the nearest exit outside, right? Kinda h... Más

Get Glamerous

You're invited

49 1 3
Por BrilliantCub

Here's something new for y'all. It kinda just appeared into my mind. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I know, I know, stop bragging.

ソニック

The mixed colours of red-orange flames spread through the building like a, well, a wild fire. Parts of the roof were dropping to the ground, adding to the piles of flaming rubble.

Thick, black smoke had been soaring into rooms looking for a way out.

But the smoke wasn't the only thing looking for a way out. Make that three things. More specifically, three someone's.

Those three someone's were hastily running through hallways, avoiding the hot, skin melting fire.

Sonic was desperately searching for a way out. Tails was by his side, helping. This building was huge!

In the hedgehog's arms was a child. Slightly older than seven, Sonic figured. The blue furred hero cradled him, doing his best to keep him safe from the surrounding harm.

"Sonic! I don't see a way out anywhere!" Tails yelled frantically. His eyes were wide.

"We have to keep going! There must be an exit somewhere!" said hedgehog shouted his reply.

Some rooms did indeed have windows, but they were on the top floor of the building. And it was pretty high up. Sonic couldn't risk the safety of the child he was carrying. That, and the windows they found were at the back of the building.

Tails would be able to fly out, but didn't for two reasons. One, his right tail was injured, depriving him of flight. And two, Tails would never abandon Sonic. No matter what the situation was.

Sonic would've almost taken the risk the jump out of a window with the kid and Tails, but his ankle was busted. He probably wouldn't have cared otherwise, but again. Risking safety of the two others with him.

"Let's keep going! We need to find the stairs or a window in the front! There will be help at the bottom!" Sonic was referring to the fire fighters, obviously.

"S-sonic....I'm scared,"

Sonic stared into his little buddy's fearful blue orbs. At that moment, he feared even more, if possible, for the younger lives with him.

'I need to get them out of here. Now!'

"We'll get out of this. Alive. We always do. We've been in tougher situations before, right?" Sonic encounter best he could. But he wasn't lying. They will live.

"Yeah, but-"

"Tails. You can count on me." Sonic paused, staring deeper into Tails' eyes. It was as if they forgot there was a fire at all. "Do you trust me?"

Sonic didn't really have to ask. He knew Tails trusted him more than anyone. But he had to get his point across and through to him.

"Of course I trust you."

"Good."

ソニック

Three days earlier.

"Mail!" a yell of a familiar voice rang out.

Knuckles had his arm shot out into the air above him holding an envelope as he walked into the room. His friends were sitting on the couch watching TV.

Well, Cream mainly was. Dancing that is. It was her favourite show, and Cheese was moving along with her.

Tails was playing a strategy game with Chuck, who was at a tied game so far. Mr. Tanaka, Ella and Amy were watering some flowers that were shelved nearby. And Chris was playing on his hand held device. And Sonic had his arms behind his head with his feet crossed on the coffee table.

Anyways, back the the topic, they had looked up at him strangely. Looks like Knuckles made a surprise visit (strange), and apparently checked their mail box. Weird. But, he was kind enough to bring it in.

Sonic jabbed a thumb at his chest. "Dude, that looks like something I would do," the blue hedgehog laughed.

"Because it is something you would do. In fact, it is something that you do," Chris remarked.

"Yeah, well I'm hanging around you too much lately," Knuckles shot back.

"Oh hush. I know you think I'm totally amazing to hang out with, but-"

"You said something about mail?" Amy interrupted. Though, she had a feeling Sonic was going to say that.

"...Right. Here ya go," the echidna handed the fancy white unopened letter to Chuck.

"Thank you."

Chuck opened the sealing and pulled out what was contained inside. The back of the envelope read 'Thorndyke residence'.

"What does it say?" Cream asked.

"It says," he started reading:

Dear Sonic and company,

We would like to inform you that this year, we are hosting the party for the yearly Annual Presidential Banquet. Different mayors, presidents, and the Prime Minister with their families and representatives will be attending from different countries, and have been wanting to meet you in person. We'd be thrilled and honoured if you would help represent our country and attend. The party is being held at city hall on Saturday, September 26th, from 3:30-7:30. If you do choose to attend, we'll send a limo for your transportation. We do hope to see you there.

From,
Michael R., President of the United States.
Cristina Cooper, President's Secretary.
White House Company.

Chuck had finished reading and looked up to find everyone was staring at him.

"A party, huh?" Tails spoke aloud.

"Sounds fun!" Amy nodded.

"Yeah, if you like sitting for hours and listening to speeches," Sonic deadpanned.

"Yeah, um, I have things to do..." Knuckles tried to come up with an excuse.

"Like what, watch over your pet rock?" Sonic smirked. Here we go.

"It's not a 'pet rock'!"

"Mine as well be with you guarding it 24/7," the hero muttered.

"I heard that!"

"Good for you, buddy! You can hear!" Sonic gave him a smile and a thumbs up.

"Don't 'buddy' me!" Knuckles shoved a fist in his direction.

"Oh, Knuckles. Overreacting, again are we?" Sonic continued on.

"I'm not overreacting!"

Chuck had rolled his eyes. "Oh boy."

"You are so!" Sonic's voice turned slightly higher pitched.

"Guys! Stop," Amy ended their little argument just like that.

"Annoying," Knuckles muttered.

"Hothead," Sonic turned his head away, crossing his arms.

"Okay. Before you two turned into angry teenage girls, I believe we were talking about a party," Chuck reminded.

"Hey! I resent to that comment!" Amy glared, now crossing her arms.

"Hehe. Sorry," he smiled apologetically.

"I think it would be fun to go to the party! You all would have such a great time!" Ella spoke up quickly.

"Well, we'll have to see if we're able, seeing as they only gave us a three day warning in advance," Chris said.

"Mr. Thorndyke, if I do recall correctly, there are no events happening this weekend. But I can go check the calendar," Mr. Tanaka informed.

"That'd be great, Tanaka," Chuck nodded.

The butler bowed his respects, and headed out of the room.

"If we are able, do you think we should go?" Chris asked the Mobians and humans.

"This is a very important party. I mean, all of the countries leaders are going. Pretty big deal," Tails shrugged.

"And it's not every day you get invited to even be there. Especially this event. Not just anyone gets picked. You have to of done something very important. That's why you obviously got invited," Chuck added, gesturing to Sonic and the others.

Sonic had noticed that Chuck had only said 'you'. "Well, if we're going, then you get to come too. You help us save the world all the time," the hero pointed the scientist and his younger friend. "Ella and Tanka can come to,"

Sonic smiled. The envelope did say Sonic and company. So that means the whole crew.

"Well I'm not going to some long, boring, presidential party. Especially with you," Knuckles shoved a finger- er, strange looking webbed gloved finger- in his rival's direction. "I'm not willing to hear you complain of how bored you are the whole time."

"Hey, I'm not going to complain!"

"Yes you will. You always do."

"Wanna bet?"

"Yeah! I bet you 20 bucks that you'll complain like a five year old!"

"And when I don't, I'll expect to see 20 dollars in my hand."

"Deal!"

They smirked, and shook hands. Cream and Cheese knew where this was going. She had been hanging around them long enough to know. Tails and Amy shook their heads.

"Here we go again..."

"Well, at least it's only money this time," Tails sighed, remembering back on the last time the two friends had made a bet out of accusations.

Since they weren't on Mobius, they couldn't bet any rings or Mobian money. And the rings they had were no use to anyone but Sonic. Except if Eggman gets his hands on one and studied it to find the source of its power like he's been wanting to do.

Sonic and Knuckles let go of each other, smirks not leaving their features.

"So..." Tails broke the awkward silence between the rest of them.

"Do we take that as a 'yes' to the party?" Chris finished for his two tailed friend.

"You take that as a yes for the party." Knuckles confirmed, nodding with the blue quilled hedgehog.

"Great!" Amy clapped.

"We get to go to a party!" Cream cheered, Cheese floating above her shoulder.

"Chao, Chao!"

"If we're not busy, which I don't think we are," Chuck reminded.

Footsteps were heard and Mr. Tanaka stepped into the room, ready to report.

"Mr. Thorndyke, I have checked, and it appears you have nothing planned this weekend at all."

"Glad to hear it."

"Yay! We get to go!" Cream hugged Cheese.

Tails leaned in Sonic's direction, and whispered; "I don't think Cream knows what kind of party we're taking about."

Sonic leaned to the side, "probably not."

"So it's decided. All in favour of going, say 'I'," Chuck asked.

"I!"

"Well. It's something to look forward to," Chuck nodded to the butler. He nodded back.

"So it's settled. I'll respond back to them later on," Chuck smiled.

"Is Mr. Tanaka going too?" Cream went up to the two adults.

"If he wishes," he eyed Tanaka.

"It would be my pleasure,"

"Yay!" Cream cheered once again.

Chuck and Tanka left the room to leave the others to talk. Ella left soon after.

"I think it's about time I whip up some supper, no?"

"Sure, Ella, that would be great!" Amy had replied.

The cook had hurried off with a big smile on her face. Cream and Cheese went back to watching their show. It was a different one now.

Amy finished dusting off the last pot and joined the other who were talking about the party.

"I can't wait to see the look on your face when hand over the 20 dollars you will owe me," Knuckles teased in a smug voice.

"Now, you see, that is where you're wrong," Sonic said evenly. "You'll regret makin' a bet with me!" the hero proudly pointed at himself.

"You wish!"

"You wish I wished!"

"Alright you two, cut it out. We'll see who'll be owing who when Saturday comes around," Amy smiled.

"Yeah. Until then, calm down about it," Chris laughed.

Knuckles turned his head to check the time on the DVD player. 4:36. He should be heading back to the island.

"Well, I think it's about time I head off to Angel Island. I left the Master Emerald for too long now,"

"Are you sure? You haven't even been here for a half hour? You don't even want to stay for supper?" Amy asked.

"I just came for a quick visit. Wasn't expecting to be invited to a fancy party while I was at it. And as for supper, I already ate before I got here. Thanks for the offer, though."

"Aww, well that's too bad. Won't be fun without ya," Sonic strikes and nudged his arm.

"Haha. Right. You'll survive," he pulled his arm out of Sonic's reach. "Well, I'll be off,"

He started walking to leave. "Don't have too much fun without me!"

"We'll try," Sonic waved.

Knuckles was soon out of sight. They heard a door open and then close.

'Well, we have something to do on Saturday. Hopefully it isn't too boring,' Sonic spoked inwardly to himself. "Hopefully Eggman doesn't show up and crash the party. Or finds out about it," he continued, listening to his friends dare each other.

"Speaking of the egg, where is he?"

ソニック

First. Chapter. Done. Boo-yah!

I was going to make the party for Sonic and his friends, but at last minute I just decided 'nah'.

You know, I haven't added Eggman to my stories yet. Well, I guess this is only my second Sonic story. But I'm wondering if I should add the eggster to this. Huh. We shall seeeeee.

Have a great day-night to ya'll. Until next time!

Oh! And a new character from the show is going to appear! Yayyy. I didn't add her in my last story. So when I was writing this chapter, I was like "Oh my gosh. I forgot this character!" When I said a nickname to one of the characters in this story, it reminded me of the person who calls them that. So, who shall it be? You will see!

In....the next chapter. Bye!

BC, Out. Peace.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

61.3K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
595K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
152K 5.4K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
459K 31.3K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...