Lupin's cub (Remus Lupin's Un...

Par BookieBat

What if Remus Lupin had a daughter, and that daughter was a werewolf. What if he never knew? What if her moth... Plus

Monsters
Congratulations you're a father
In the moonlight
Well this is new
Dog in the castle
Dementors return
Christmas
Secrets and fears
Old friends and the full moon
The witch is back
Pranks and birthdays
Ghosts of the past
Just a joke
Nightmares
The world sucks sometimes
The perfect gifts
Laughter
Death becomes her
Grimauld place
Parting of the ways
Absense and love
Some revelations hurt
Fury of a fearful child
The Order
We are what we make ourselves
Things done in secret
Day out/ worst fears
Growing up
St. Mungos
Christmas at Grimauld
Return to hogwarts
The toad
If only youd'd listen
Ive got you puppy
The coming storm
Blood Moon
Nuts
Party
Party 2.0
Pranking apprentice
The failed trick or treat
Wounds
Christmas matchmaking
Cookies
All good things
Dyrim
Betrayal
Chaos at a wedding
Moonbeams
Death
Into death
The aura will tell
Epilogue

Dementors

122K 3.3K 4.9K
Par BookieBat

Caelen clung desperately to her father's hand as they wove through the mass of people on platform 9 3/4. There were entirely too many people here as far as she was concerned.

The girl gasped when she was suddenly scooped up away from an oncoming luggage cart. "Ok there little one?" Remus questioned gently.

Caelen nodded in reply tucking her head into his shoulder. She wasn't really, she was terrified, she'd almost been run over, but Remus promised he'd protect her and he hadn't let her down yet.

Levitating their luggage he guided it down the train to a compartment, "ah here we are!" He announced setting the girl down gently near the window. He smiled when she snuggled into his side the moment he sat, "it's a long ride why don't you try to take a nap."

That's how the trio found the pair snuggled together fast asleep Remus' arms wrapped protectively around the small child. The girl had obviously been tucked inside the man's cloak nothing but her head and tiny boots were visible.

"Who do you suppose they are then?" Ron questioned sitting opposite the duo.

Harry shrugged, "dunno not students for sure."

"Professor R. J. Lupin, well obviously, the girl's much too young." Hermione replied as if instructing a class.

"You know everything! How is it that she knows everything!?" Ron squeaked out.

"It's on his luggage Ronald!" Hermione responded in exasperation.

"Do you suppose they're really asleep?" Harry questioned quietly.

"Seem to be," Hermione replied glancing towards the pair, "why?"

"Good I've got something to tell you."

The trio spoke in hushed tones, they didn't notice the young girl stir. She eyed them hesitantly she'd never been around other children before, even older ones, as the three teens were. They were different from adults more animated and expressive their emotions easier to decipher. Caelen liked that, if you could tell how someone was feeling you'd know better how to react to them.

Hermione was the first to notice the girl was awake, "oh hello there, what's your name?"

"Caelen," the little girl whispered in response, "Caelen Lupin, are you three students?"

"Yes third years, I'm Hermione Granger this is Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter." She said indicating the boys next to and in front of her. "Are you professor Lupin's daughter?"

The girl nodded, she looked like she was about to ask a question when a knock sounded on the compartment door effectively silencing her, "hello dears anything from the trolley?" The old witch with the sweets trolley questioned gently.

The boys took a selection of sweets before turning towards Hermione, "do you think we should wake him?" Harry asked eyeing the professor thoughtfully.

"It's alright dear I'll be up near the driver if he wakes and gets hungry." The woman smiled and was gone.

"Chocolate frog?" Harry asked offering the sweet to the small girl.

"A what?" Caelen wondered aloud reaching hesitantly for the offered treat. She sniffed the wriggling sweet cautiously, "I don't want to hurt the poor little thing..."

"It's just chocolate it doesn't feel anything watch," Ron reassured the child as he pulled a leg off and shoved it into his already full mouth. "See just chocolate," he mumbled through his teeth.

"Oh honestly Ronald that's disgusting," Hermione sighed rolling her eyes in distaste.

They chatted for a while before the girl once again fell asleep leaving the trio free once more to discuss the escaped prisoner, Sirius Black. "So you think Black's after you then?" Ron questioned in a high worried tone.

"You'll have to be careful Harry," Hermione admonished, "no looking for trouble this year."

"I don't look for trouble!" Harry snapped aggravated, "it just sort of finds me..."

"All the same you'll need to be cautious." Hermione continued ignoring her friends outburst. "Why're we stopping?" She peeked out of the window curiously, "That's not right we can't be there yet."

"Maybe we've broken down?" Harry suggested.

The trio eyed the door nervously as a robed figure appeared, it's cloak was black like the darkest night. Nothing of what lived within the darkness was visible save a decrepit appendage it retracted the moment it realized it was being watched. A cold rattling sound came from under the hood as it seemed to suck the joy from the compartment.

Harry felt sick the air seemed to have lost all warmth and he swayed in his seat.

Caelen was having a similar reaction she had awakened with the sound of the train braking and now sat petrified watching the terrifying creature. An overwhelming feeling of dread seemed to soak into her very soul. She heard her mother screaming at her in her head things like freak, monster, and the worst of all no one wants you! She clung to her father's arm desperately her tiny nails digging into his skin in her terror.

The pain in his arm awoke the sleeping professor, it only took him moments to take in his surroundings before he reacted. Placing himself protectively before the children in the compartment he shouted, "expecto protronum!" A wave of light chased the offending creature away from the terrified students. Remus scooped his shaking child up in his arms holding her close as he assessed the young boy passed out at his feet. His heart broke when he heard Caelen sniffling quietly her head buried in his shoulder.

With the redheaded boys assistance Remus righted Harry helping him back into his seat, "nasty thing that," he said passing out bits of a chocolate bar to the children, "here eat this it'll help."

Caelen obediently popped hers into her mouth before burrowing back into her father's coat, the others thanked him but made no move to enjoy the treat. "I haven't poisoned it," he laughed at the teens.

"What was that thing?" Harry questioned.

"Dementors they're the guards of azkaban," Remus replied calmly rubbing Caelen's back as he spoke. "They're looking for Sirius Black."

The teens nodded as if dementors searching for an escaped convict on the Hogwarts Express was completely normal. "Now then I need to go speak with the driver, eat, the chocolate will help."

Once the pair was alone in the hall Remus pulled the girl back gently, his hand cupped her cheek looking into her tiny face, "are you ok?" He questioned in a hushed tone.

Tears filled her eyes and she shook her head slightly, "I was so scared and, and you were asleep! I heard, I heard m-mother she said..."

"Hey, hey it's ok now it's alright I've got you," Remus whispered pulling the sobbing child closer into his arms, "it wasn't real Caelen, she's not here it was just a memory." He reassured her quietly. "I'll never let her near you again."

__________________________

Caelen's eyes traveled briskly around the room, wide with wonder. There were four rows of students seated at tables overflowing with food, at the head of these was the staff table where she sat. She'd been seated between her father and a man who she could only describe as opposite of Albus Dumbledoor. Where Dumbledoor was bright with white hair and robes that ignited dreams and whimsy the man next to Caelen was darkness, he had black hair and robes that had billowed behind him on his way to his seat. Ignoring the man beside her Caelen eyed the ceiling it seemed to be what all the new students first noticed as well. Looking past the floating candles she stared in wonder at the stormy ceiling sky.

"We're pleased to welcome professor R. J. Lupin who will be filling the post of defense against the dark arts teacher." Professor Dumbledoor stated, the students erupted into polite applause, Caelen smiled slightly, proud of her father. "Our care of magical creatures teacher has decided to retire, therefore I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by our own Rubeus Hagrid." Once more the students applauded Caelen giggled slightly when, upon standing, the enormous man moved the staff table. She quieted instantly when Hagrid smiled over at her.

Remus squeezed her tiny shoulder in reassurance as Dumbledoor warned the students to have caution around the dementors. "It will be ok, they won't come in the castle." He whispered to his frightened child.

"I was unaware you had sired offspring Lupin," the dark man beside Caelen spoke in a bored tone.

Remus bit his tongue calming himself before responding to his childhood classmate, "yes Severus this is my daughter Caelen, Caelen this is Professor Snape he teaches potions."

"Is that fun?" The small child asked innocently.

"No." Snape replied as if the very thought annoyed him, "teaching incompetent brats is never fun."

"Are they all in-incompetent?" She questioned stumbling over the word.

"Almost consistently," Snape sneered.

Caelen gave the man a sad smile, "I'm sorry you don't enjoy your job, making potions sounds interesting I bet that parts fun."

"Yessss I'm sure it would be," the man hissed before turning back to his food.

"I don't think he likes us very much." She whispered to her father.

Remus laughed, "professor Snape doesn't like anyone very much."

Caelen glance towards Severus eyeing him thoughtfully, "that's sad he must be very lonely," she whispered in reply to her father.

As the feast wore on Caelen's eyes grew heavy until at last she slumped in her seat sound asleep. "Remus I believe Caelen has tired of feasting," Dumbledore laughed indicating the dozing girl.

"I believe you're correct headmaster," Remus agreed scooping Caelen up into his arms, "if you'll excuse us I believe we'll retire for the evening."

Remus lay his daughter gently in her bed tucking the blankets snugly around her. "Goodnight cub," he whispered kissing her hair before he headed for his own bed.

Hours later, in the dead of night, Remus was awakened by a gentle tapping on his shoulder. "Caelen?" He whispered groggily, eyes squinting into the darkness, "is everything ok?"

The girl shivered, her brown eyes filled with tears, "can I sleep with you? Please?" She whimpered.

The man shifted making room for his young child. He grunted when she bounced onto his bed her knee jamming painfully into his stomach, "did you have a nightmare?" He questioned once she'd settled in.

Caelen nodded burrowing her way under his arm.

Remus smiled gently relishing the feel of his little one snuggling close, "it's ok you're safe now, don't worry I've got you." He whispered petting her hair in a comforting manner. He'd never expected to be a father, worried he'd pass on his lycanthropy as he obviously had, but now that he was he felt an overwhelming love for the small girl in his arms. He hated Gena for mistreating her and keeping her from him but he would never regret fathering Caelen. Already she was his world and he wouldn't have it any other way. "Goodnight little cub, daddy's got you." He whispered into the darkness and the seemingly sleeping girl.

Unbeknownst to Remus, snuggled under his covers, wrapped safely in his arms his daughter smiled. She'd never felt more secure or cherished in her life and as she slipped into her dreams a piece of her terror, a little of the uncertainty she'd felt concerning her father, slipped away to be replaced with contentment. It would be a long road before Caelen learned to be the carefree little girl she deserved to be but with her father there to help her there was no doubt she'd make it.

__________________________

Chapter four im so in love with Remus and Caelen! I'm loving this I really really hope someone else out there is too....? As always here is my constant plea for comments. Comments make me happy and keep me writing soooooooo comment peeps! Pretty please!? Alrighty off to write more laters!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

15.1K 431 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...
4.1K 147 26
Blaze never understood why the sorting hat placed him in Slytherin, he seemed to be nothing like the cruel people he's been forced to associate with...
5.7K 58 17
In this story you are the daughter of Sirius black and remus lupin. You are living with remus and know about Sirius being in Azkaban. You know the ri...
1.6K 21 12
SLOW UPDATES You are Buckys and Steve's Daughter and the rest of the Avengers are your family even Nick Furry. You go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraf...