My Teen Beginning {Prequel 1}

By coyxtedesires

Part One Of The Prequel To The "My Teen..." Series. ** Apparently... More

My Teen Beginning
Book Cover!
Book Cover 2
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Chapter 11
I have been tagged.
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 1

16.9K 396 447
By coyxtedesires

Play = 🎧🎧

Well. It's about time, now isn't it?!

I'm so excited for you all to read this, I will be updating once a week, and I don't know what specific day, maybe Fridays.

But, since @DelenaWillBeLoved did what I had requested XD then here is the first chapter to 'My Teen Beginning'!!

Chapter 1

I pushed my black glasses up the bridge of my nose as I read my book, making sure to not skip over a word.

I sniffled, wiping under my eyes, "Why, Mr. Sparks, why?" I whispered.

I jumped when I heard a loud creak, quickly shoving on my overused converse, slipping past my room door.

I rubbed my sweater covered arms anxiously as Scott slowly stepped from his room, grabbing Mom's baseball bat from the corner of our hallway.

He met my eyes, "Stay. Here." He whispered, his voice not as low as he thought.

My eyes widened, and I shook my head, "B-but what if whoever or whatever's out there comes through the windows up here?" I asked.

His gaze softened, and he nodded, looking around, before lunging into his room, "Okay, but you need a weapon." He stated, coming back with his "weapon".

I gave him an annoyed look, "Your lacrosse stick?!"

He gave me a look, "It's better than nothing!"

Another creak went through our house, and Scott and I latched onto each other.

We slowly met the others eyes, and pulled away, "Okay..." Scott trailed off, "Let's go."

I gulped in slight fear, and nodded as we made our way down the stairs, and around the front of our house.

As we rounded the corner, I shifted behind Scott, feeling my pulse quicken anxiously as the wind blew around us.

All of a sudden, a body flew from our roof, letting a loud yell to pierce the silent night of Beacon Hills.

I screamed loudly with Scott, and threw my arms forward, hitting whatever was hanging from our roof with Scott's lacrosse stick.

"Kath-Katherine-ah-oww, currently-oww-hitting your- Jesus Chris-best friend!"

My eyes widened, and Scott pulled me away, "Stiles what the hell are you doing?!" He yelled.

"You weren't answering your phones! Why the hell do you have a bat and a lacrosse stick?" His voice cracked as he flailed his arms around.

I sighed, lowering my arms after readjusting my loose glasses, "I just ignore your calls naturally." I said shortly, making him bring in a weird breath.

"Ah-wha-that's the rudest thing I've ever heard." He breathed dramatically.

"Then you obviously haven't listened to yourself talk." I replied.

Stiles gasped, "I'll have you know, that I am very gifted-"

"Okay! We get it." Scott interrupted. "We thought you were a predator." He huffed.

"A preda-I-wha-look, I know it's late but you gotta here this." Stiles said, excited, and completely forgetting the conversation before, "I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago, dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from Beacon Department and even state police."

For what? I thought.

"For what?" Scott asked.

I looked to him, and he grinned slyly.

He knew what I had been thinking.

I smiled softly, and Stiles grunted, "I'm really disliking the twin telepathy you two have going on. Like, it's seriously becoming a very strong pet peeve of mine."

I rolled my eyes, "Just answer him, Stiles."

He sighed dramatically, "Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles stated, pulling himself to flip from his dangling spot on the roof, surprising me by landing on his feet.

My eyes widened, and Scott gulped, "A dead body?"

We shared a scared look, and Stiles rolled his eyes as he leaned against the porch railing, "No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass, a dead body!" He pulled himself over the porch, jumping over to stand in front of us.

I rubbed my arms, "Y-you mean like-like murdered?" I whispered, looking around to make sure no one had heard me.

Stiles shook his head, "Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her twenties."

I gasped, "That's awful!"

Stiles shrugged, "Depends on how you look at it."

I gaped at him, "I look at it as a young girl's life taken from her, how do you look at it?"

He bit his lip, "Well, now I don't wanna tell you." He mumbled, scuffing his heels on our porch.

"Hold on, if they found in the body than what are they looking for?" Scott asked.

Stiles bit his lip in excitement, bouncing on his feet, "That's the best part." He told us, "They only found half..." He trailed off, widening his eyes goofily, "We're going." He confirmed.

Stiles grabbed my hand, dragging me off to his old, blue Jeep.

Scott groaned, stomping after us, "I didn't want to go, but you've taken my sister as your hostage, so now I have no choice." He huffed, pushing me into the back of the Jeep so he could sit in the front.

I gave him a glare, and huffed as I sat in the back, crossing my arms and pouting.

Stiles started the engine, grinning, "I knew you'd see it my way."

**

Stiles laid on the brakes, and I groaned as I hit the seat in front of me, a subtle creak coming from my glasses as they bent, "Stiles!"

"Sorry!" He rushed out, jumping from his spot in the front.

Scott and I sighed, jumping out of Stiles' Jeep, rather reluctant. And I made sure to attempt to correct my once naturally shaped glasses, but they were still slightly crooked on my face.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott asked.

I nodded, agreeing with my brother, "Yeah, this doesn't seem like a good idea, what if we get hurt." I worried.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "We won't." He said, waking forward, now looking to Scott, "You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." He said, pushing Scott and I forward, flashlight in hand.

I stumbled on my feet, slipping on the leaves and mud.

Stiles grabbed my hand to steady me, "Sorry." He said, quickly walking ahead.

"I was trying to get a good nights sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott sighed.

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles mocked.

I shoved our friend, "Hey, don't be an ass, Scott is gonna do better than he ever has."

Hopefully.

Scott nodded, "Yeah, because I'm gonna play this year." He looked to me, "And so are you." He said.

And the jokes just keep rolling.

My eyes widened, "I don't know about that, Scott. I'm more of a book person. I could read about lacrosse?" I offered.

"Yeah, well, somehow you got on the team, so you're either screwed, or screwed." Stiles said, "And no you can't read a book on the lacrosse." He scoffed.

I huffed, pushing my glasses back up my nose, "Wow, thanks, Stiles."

"In fact," Scott breathed, "I'm making first line."

I grinned, "And I'm gonna talk to Isaac Lahey." I breathed, feeling the skin of my cheeks heat in a blush at the mention of the curly haired boy.

Stiles nodded, "Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have dreams, even pathetically unrealistic ones."

Scott and I laughed breathily, and I tried to keep up with their long strides as we marched through the woods, "Hey, just out of curiosity, what half of the body are we looking for?" I panted.

Stiles stopped, "Huh." He commented, beginning to walk again, "I didn't even think about that."

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Scott asked.

I shivered in fright, and Scott grabbed my hand reassuringly.

Stiles hummed, "Also something I didn't think about."

I gasped in breaths as we began to climb a steep hill, my feet slipping, resulting in my knees catching the fall, mud instantly staining the material of my jeans as my glasses fell from my face.

I groaned as I stood, my lips pulling back in disgust as I picked up my glasses from the med under me, wiping some of the dirt from them to put them on.

Gross.

Scott began to pull in unsteady breaths, "It's... Comforting to know that you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail."

"I know." Stiles wheezed.

I waited for Scott as he leaned against the rough bark of a tree, shaking his inhaler, "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding he flashlight, huh?" He asked, putting his inhaler to his lips to breathe in the medication.

We finished the trek up the hill, and I grunted when Stiles pushed my legs out from under me, resulting in my body to collapse onto the cold, forest floor, beside both him and Scott; my glasses once again falling down the bridge of my nose, my vision blurred for a moment.

"Oh-God." I wheezed painfully, "What the hell, Stile-"

"Shh!" The boys whisper yelled, pointing ahead of us.

I pushed my glasses back up my nose and watched as the cops grew closer to us, the light of their flashlights slimming our bodies.

Stiles suddenly shot up, "Okay, come on!" He called, darting away from us.

Mine and Scott's eyes widened, and Scott let in another puff of his inhaler before grabbing my arm, and pulling me with him as we chased after Stiles.

"Stiles! Stiles, wait up!" We yelled.

He never stopped running, and neither did we, sending occasional looks back to make sure nothing was behind us.

"Stiles-" I stopped yelling, and quickly pulled Scott behind a tree, hiding away from the police lights.

I held my breath when I heard Stiles let out a girlish scream, the thumping of his body hitting the ground.

I covered my mouth to quiet my breathing as I peeked behind our hiding spot, seeing a large dog standing over Stiles, police beginning to surround him.

"Hold it right there!" A cop yelled, the jingle of his handcuffs sounding.

"Hang on, hang on!" Sheriff yelled, "This little delinquent belongs to me." He sighed.

Stiles cleared his throat nervously, "Hey, Dad, how ya doin'?"

"So, are you listening to all of my phone calls?" Sheriff asked.

"No..." Stiles trailed off, "Not the boring ones." He said.

"Now, where are your usual partners in crime?" Stilinski asked.

"Who, Scott and Katherine?" He asked, "They-they're at home." He panted, "Sco-Scott said he wanted to get a good nights sleep before going back to school tomorrow, and Katherine..." He trailed off, "Katherine's just boring so I don't even bother asking her anymore." He said.

Scott covered his mouth to stop the laughs trying to break through, and my eyes widened, "I am not boring." I whispered, highly offended.

"It's just me. In the woods. Alone." Stiles said unconvincingly.

Scott and I took a second to look behind the tree, right as Stilinski's flashlights shine our way, making us jerk back behind our tree, "Scott! Katherine! You two out there?"

I looked to Scott, "We should step out so we can be sure we get home safe." I told him, going to step out.

"But we'll get in trouble." Scott whispered.

I bit my lip, watching as the light traced the trees, and I reluctantly nodded, "I guess you're right."

The thunder rumbled loudly, making me jump, "I hate storms." I whispered, scared.

Scott grabbed my hand, "We'll be fine, I promise."

Sheriff sighed, "Well, young man. I'm gonna walk you back to your car. And you and I are gonna have a conversation about a little something called 'invasion of privacy'." Stilinski said, leading Stiles to his jeep, away from us.

Scott threw his head back against the tree, "Crap." He whispered, slowly detaching himself from our hiding spot to begin our trek back home.

As we walked, I watched as my breath flew in front of me in a puff of white air. Scott and I jumped at the loud flapping of a birds wings from above us.

We stopped walking, looking in the distance, seeing a slight movement ahead of us.

Scott shook his inhaler, slowly bringing it to his lips as I spoke, "Scott, d-do you see tha-"

I fell to the ground roughly as a herd of deer ran through us, occasionally kicking me. My glasses flew from my face, and I panicked when my sight blurred tremendously.

I groaned in pain as one stomped on my hand, quickly bringing it to my chest, cradling it.

The panic quickly stopped, and I groaned as I pulled myself up from the forest floor, "Scott?" I squinted, calling for him.

I looked over to my side to see Scott pulling himself up from the ground, "I'm alright, you?" He asked.

I sighed as I pushed myself up, "I could be better." I told him, instinctively going to touch my glasses, when I poked myself in the eye, "Aw, man! I lost my glasses." I whined.

Scott snorted, "Moms gonna kill you." He sang, pulling out his phone, using the light to look around for what I assume was his inhaler.

"Moms, gonna kill you..." I sang, laughing slightly at his annoyed look.

I shivered, running my eyes, "Scott! I-it's really co-cold." I stuttered.

Scott looked over to my shaking frame,"I know, Kat, but I need to find my inhaler and your glasses! Mom will kill us if we lost them." He continued his search, and I walked right behind him, making sure to stay as close to him as I could, my hand on his back to guide me forward.

Scott moved his phone back and forth, when he suddenly gasped, "I found them." He bent down, picking up something plastic.

"What? What'd you find?" I asked.

He wiped the mud off of the object, and placed them back on my face, "Your glasses." He grinned, going back to looking for his inhaler.

"Thanks, Scott." I sighed.

He moved his phone around again, and I gasped when the light illuminated the other half of the girls body.

Scott screamed, jumping back in surprise, resulting in me getting pushed down the steep hill behind us.

I grunted as sharp rocks dug into my waist and hands, making sure to keep my glasses on as I fell faster and harder. I cried out when I bounced off of a torn tree stump, being flipped over and away from Scott.

I whimpered in pain, and heard the sound of scattering feet, "Katherine?! Oh my God! Are you okay?" Scott scrambled to get over to me as I lay on my back in pain.

I groaned, slowly sitting up, "What the hell?! You just pushed me down the hill, you ass!"

Scott let out a relieved sigh, helping me stand to my feet, "You're okay though, right?"

"I'm fine, you?"

"I-" We both froze when a loud, guttural growl interrupted us.

Scott grabbed my hand tightly, and I whimpered, scared, as we slowly turned around to face whatever was behind us.

The thing leapt our way, seeming to swat my body away from Scott, throwing me against a splintering tree.

I heard Scott's loud cried and screams of pain as the monster bit him.

My vision blurred with tears, "Scott! Help! Somebody hel- ahh!" I was cut off as the thing jumped on me, its teeth latching onto the skin of my shoulder, pulling slightly.

I cried loudly, but just as quick as the thing had attacked, it left. I sobbed as Scott pulled me to my feet, struggling to pull the two of us away from the woods.

Away from that-that thing.

We finally broke away from the woods, quickly jumping back as a red SUV swerved out of our way, continuing its drive to Beacon Hills.

Who the hell drives to Beacon Hills this late at night?

Scott let go off my hand and I slowly pulled my sweater away from my shoulder, wincing as I examined the horseshoe looking bite.

"I hope I don't get rabies." I whined.

Scott went to talk, but we both froze when a loud howl rang throughout the night.

I looked to Scott, "Can we please go home now?"

**

I looked through my closet, and winced slightly at the small pain in my shoulder.

"Honey, you're leaving in thirty minutes!" Mom called.

I groaned, throwing myself into my bed, "This is useless." I sighed.

Mom leaned against the door frame, "No outfit?"

I sighed, "No outfit." I said, not realizing I had yet to put my glasses on. (A/N: NO! 'NO OUTFIT' WILL NOT BE THEIR ALWAYS).

Mom nodded, humming to herself as she took out a purple, long sleeved shirt, my blue jeans, and old, muddy converse, finished with a dark blue jean jacket.

She gave me a look, "You weren't out last night, were you?"

I gulped, my brown eyes widening, "Of course not!" I chirped, pulling the outfit out of her hands, "Thanks for the help, bye!"

I closed the door behind me, leaning my back against it, "Thank God." I breathed, pulling on my clothes.

"Don't forget your glasses today! I won't have time to drive back to get them for you." Mom called from down the hall.

Glasses. Right.

I looked at my unruly hair, and brushed through it, quickly plugging my straightener in, tapping my foot as I waited for it to heat up.

I quickly straightened my brown hair, smiling as I looked in the mirror, "Today's gonna be a good day." I stated, a wide grin on my face as I grabbed my brown, leather messenger bag from my bed, straightening my black glasses on my face, my vision moderately blurring from wearing them.

That's weird.

I went to walk out of my room, when my white lacrosse stick stuck out in its own little corner in the back of my room.

I bit my lip, and sighed, grabbing it, "It'll be a good day, Katherine." I said, grabbing the stick, "It will."

**

Scott parked his bike, and I quickly jumped off the front of it, sighing, "Thank God. That was the most uncomfortable ride to school."

Scott rolled his eyes, "You could have just gotten a ride from Mom."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "You could've just gotten a ride from Mom." I mocked.

Scott rolled his eyes, unclipping his helmet to strap it to his bike when a familiar silver Porsche pulled into the parking spot beside us.

The drivers side door swung open, roughly hitting Scott.

My eyes widened when I saw him step out of the car, a scary glare towards Scott.

"Dude. Watch the paint job." He snarked.

"Yo, Jackson! Let's go, bro!"

He looked back to meet the eyes of his friend, or better know as his fellow delinquent, before turning back to Scott and I, scanning us before glaring one last time, walking away.

He made sure to look back at us as he made his way to school, making sure he intimidated us.

I gulped, "It's only the first day of school and we've already pissed of the Jackson Whittemore, great."

Scott shook his head, and we began walking to our meeting place with Stiles.

"All right, let's see these things." Stiles urged.

I pulled the neckline of my shirt to the side, showing him the white gauze as Scott pulled up his shirt.

"Ooh!" Stiles chirped, going to poke Scott's side.

"Yeah-" Scott said, flinching away from Stiles' prodding touch.

"It was dark, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott told him, throwing his backpack over his shoulder as we walked to the school doors.

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles snorted.

My eyes widened, "Uh huh." I nodded.

Stiles shook his head, "Nope. Not a chance." He snorted.

"We heard a wolf howling." Scott told him.

"Uh, no you didn't." He laughed.

"What do you mean 'no you didn't'? How do you know what we heard?" I exclaimed.

Stiles laughed, "Because California doesn't have wolves, okay? Not in like, sixty years."

"Really?" I asked.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "Yes, really. There are no wolves in California."

Scott sent me a sly grin, looking back to Stiles as we walked, "All right, well if you don't believe me about the wolf, then you're definitely not going to believe me about when I tell you that we found the body."

Stiles jumped in excitement, his hands grabbing our shoulders, "Wha-are you kidding me?!" He grinned.

I shook my head, "I wish. I'm gonna have nightmares for months."

He laughed, "Wha-that is freakin' awesome. I mean, this is seriously gonna be the best thing that's ever happened to this town since-"

His eyes caught sight of a familiar red headed girl, and he hummed, "-since the birth of Lydia Martin. Hey, Lydia... You look..." She walked right past him, practically through him as she gossiped with Julie Faxton, "Like you're gonna ignore me." Stiles nodded, sucking on his teeth as he turned back to Scott and I.

I sighed, "I can't believe you're infatuated with the girl who would single handily rip out my heart and use my blood as her new skin cleanser."

"She-she wouldn't do that... I hope. Look, you- you two are the cause of this." Stiles stuttered, pointing at both Scott and I.

I laughed, "Oh, really?"

"Draggin' me down to your nerd depths." He continued.

The bell rang, and Scott nodded, "Uh, huh." He said, a small smile on his face as he slung an arm around Stiles.

"I'm a nerd by association." Stiles went on, "I've been Scarlet nerded by you two."

"Says the boy with matching Star Wars blankets, pajamas, and boxers." I commented.

Stiles shushed me loudly, covering my mouth, "We do not speak of that-ever! Like, ever, ever." He whispered.

I rose an eyebrow, "Never?"

"Ever." He nodded.

As we entered the school, I saw the familiar light brown hair of Isaac Lahey.

The five minute bell rang, and I pulled away from Stiles and Scott, "I'll see you guys in class." I said.

Stiles met my eyes, and grinned, "Get it, Kat!" He called, bringing attention to me.

My eyes widened, and I felt a blush redden my cheeks, "Shh!"

They continued to class, and I turned to Isaac, taking a small step forward, gripping the strap of my bag tightly, "H-hi, Isaac." I said softly.

He pulled his head from his locker, his beautiful blue eyes meeting my brown ones.

He said nothing as he stared at me, breaking our gaze to look around us, "M-me? Me I-Isaac?"

I giggled, placing a piece of brown hair behind my ear, "Is there another Isaac Lahey around?"

He gulped, grabbing his books, and shoving them into his backpack, "We, umm, I-I should get to class." He stuttered, looking anywhere but at me.

My eyes widened, and I felt myself close in, his rejection making tears cloud my eyes, "R-right, uh, umm, I guess I- I've gotta go." I blurted, spinning on my heel, and rushing to my first class.

Life: 1

Katherine: -1,000,000,000

**

I slumped down in the seat behind Stiles, groaning as I put my bag on the floor, "That was a total car wreck." I sniffled, readjusting my glasses.

Stiles laughed, "Welcome to high school." He said, clasping a hand onto my shoulder.

I shoved his head playfully as our teacher turned away from us.

"As you all know, there was indeed a body found in the woods last night." He started.

Scott looked back at Stiles and I, and I widened my eyes at him, gesturing him to look forward.

He rolled his eyes, and turned back around to face the front of the room.

"And I'm sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened." He sat his marker down, "But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody."

Scott and I looked to Stiles to see him looking very confused at Mr. Hughes words.

I kicked his seat, "Looks like someone's slacking in their detective work." I poked him.

Stiles scoffed loudly, causing everyone's attention to turn his way.

Mr. Hughes rose a bushy eyebrow, "Are we having a disagreement with my information, Mr. Stilinski?"

Stiles coughed, "Nope-uh, no-no disagreement from Stiles... None, just throat clearing... Lots and lots of throat clearing.." He scoffed again, acting as if it were a way to clear his throat.

Mr. Hughes gave Stiles a weird look, picking up a small packet, "Now, back to the syllabus. You will all find one-"

I jumped in my seat when I heard the shrill sound of a phone ringing.

I turned in my seat, searching for the ringing.

Its like it was right next to me.

No one seemed to be bothered as the ringing continued, until it was finally answered.

"Mom, three calls on my first day is a little overdoing it..." Someone said.

I looked outside, and saw a girl sitting on the bench in front of our school, "Everything except a pen." The brunette outside breathed, rummaging through her bag, "Oh my God, I didn't actually forget a pen."

I watched as she sighed, "Okay, okay, gotta go. Love ya." The girl hung up her phone, smiling as our Principal introduced himself.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." He said, "So, you were saying San Fransisco wasn't where you grew up?"

How am I hearing this?

"No, but we lived there for more than a year, which is unusual in my family." She told him.

I watched as they grew closer and closer to our classroom, their voices seeming much louder than before.

"Well, hopefully Beacon Hills will be your last stop for a while." He told her.

Finally, the door to our classroom opened, showing the girl who had been sitting outside, "Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." Mr. Lackey nodded.

I watched as she nervously stood there, rubbing her arms, her eyes meeting mine, making me instantly look down at my desk. She was too pretty to want to be friends with me. I shouldn't ruin her chances of having any other friends.

She quickly walked down the small path to the empty desk behind Scott, setting her stuff down.

Scott slowly pulled the pen from his desk, giving the girl, Allison, an adoring look as he handed her his only pen.

She gave the pen a weird look, but plucked it from his hands, her dimples popping out as she smiled at my brother, "Thanks." She chirped.

He gave her a dopey smile, turning back around, but not before giving me an urgently panicked look.

I sighed, and pulled out an extra pen, tossing it to Scott.

But my toss had been more of a throw, which resulted in the pen being thrown to the other side of the room.

Our eyes widened, and I quickly settled into my seat, making sure to not draw attention to myself as Mr. Hughes went to investigate the noise.

How the hell did I throw that so hard?

He picked the pen up from the floor, looking around the room, "Is someone missing a pen?"

His eyes scanned the room, and before I could give Scott another pen, Mr. Hughes spotted the vacant spot on Scott's desk, his eyes narrowing towards my brother.

"Mr. McCall... Lose something?" He asked.

I slowly grabbed another pen from my bag as Scott lowered his hand behind him, palm open towards me, "Uh.."

I tossed the pen softer this time, it landing right in Scott's grasp, making his lips twitch upwards as he brought it up to show our teacher, "No, sir. I have mine. Must've been someone else." He shrugged innocently.

Stiles looked back at me suspiciously and I grinned, looking back down at my syllabus as we continued class.

**

🎶🎶 I decided to try my luck with the new girl, seeing as how she had tried to talk to me all throughout first period.

I shyly bit my lip as I walked up to Allison, "Umm, h-hi. I'm- I'm Kath-"

"That jacket is absolutely killer." Someone interrupted, "Where'd you get it?"

I gulped when I saw that it was, in fact, Lydia Martin, Queen Bee.

Actually, Queen bitch.

Allison's doe eyes seemed to widen at the rude forwardness that was Lydia Martin, but she decided to stay civil, giving the strawberry blonde a smile, "My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Fransisco." She told her, sending me a 'sorry' look.

I looked back at Scott and Stiles, widening my eyes fearfully, making the two of them give me pitied looks.

Stiles laughed, taking his finger, and pointing it to me, before slowly sliding it across his neck, making a choking noise as he closed his eyes, his tongue hanging past his lips.

My eyes widened, and I turned back to the girls as Scott shoved Stiles.

"Don't be an ass." Scott told him.

How can I hear them?

"And you are my new best friend." Lydia hummed, staking her claim on the new girl.

Jackson snuck up behind Lydia, wrapping his arms around his waist, making her grin, "Hey." She said, beginning a majorly disgusting make out session in front of the two of us.

I gagged dramatically, making Allison laugh from beside me.

The two decided to come up for air, and Lydia gave me a disgusted look, "And who might you be?" She hummed distastefully

My eyes widened, and I shook my head, opening and closing my mouth to try and accumulate something to say to the girl that strongly hated my guts.

She knew exactly who I was.

She laughed mockingly, "You look like a fish out of water." Lydia mocked, smacking her glossy pink lips.

My eyes watered slightly in embarrassment, and Allison suddenly grabbed my hand, giving it a small squeeze, "Hey, don't talk to her like that. She's just nervous." She said, defending me.

My eyes widened, no ones ever done that for me before. Well, anyone other than my brother and best friend.

But even they haven't attempted social suicide to make sure I'm not embarrassed by a girl considered to be the head leader of the school.

Lydia rolled her eyes, "Anyway.." She sighed, clicking her tongue, "There's a party this weekend."

"A party?" Allison asked.

Jackson nodded, "Yeah, this Friday night. You should come."

Allison looked to me, "Will you be there?"

I felt my mouth fall open at the question, and I shook my head, "I don't think-"

"Of course she'll be there." Lydia chirped, "I mean, everyones going." She laughed.

I looked down at my shoes, shuffling slightly.

Was that an invitation or...

"Uh, I can't." Allison said, making my eyes widened as she turned down the most life threatening invitation, "It's family game night this Friday night. But, uh, thank for asking." She said.

Jackson rose an eyebrow, "Are you sure? Everyone's coming after the scrimmage."

The deadly pair seemed to close in on Allison, making the grip she had on my hand tighten, "Like football?" She asked me; clueless.

I shook my head, and Jackson laughed, interrupting me once again, "Footballs a joke in Beacon. The sport here is lacrosse. We've won the State championship for the past three years."

Lydia hummed, fixing her slaves hair, "Because of a certain team captain." She said.

"He's only been captain for a season." I mumbled under my breath, "It's not that impressive."

Allison snorted, covering her mouth with her hand as she smiled.

"What was that, fishy?" Jackson asked, making me curl into myself.

"N-nothing." I told him, "So-sorry."

He nodded, looking back to Allison, "Look, we practice in a few minutes." His eyes looked to my lacrosse stick hanging out of my bag, making him laugh quietly, "You're free to come, that is if you don't have anything else to do."

Allison looked to me, "Well, I think we were going to-"

"Perfect! You're coming." Lydia chirped, distastefully plucking my hand away from Allison's to pull her down the hall.

I felt my heart being crushed as I watched what could've been my new friend being taken away from me.

Allison looked back, mouthing another 'sorry' to me as Lydia dragged her away.

I looked back to Scott and Stiles, my shoulders slumping as they walked towards me.

"Maybe some other time." They both said.

Lydia Martin will be the death of me.

**

"But if the two of you play, I won't have anyone to talk to on the bench." Stiles panted as we ran up the hill, equipment in tow, "Are you two really gonna do that to your best friend?"

"We can't sit out again. My whole life is sitting on the sidelines. And Katherine needs a confidence boost." He looked to me as we sat our equipment down, "You know lacrosse better than anyone." He said, "I've seen you practice."

I gave him a weird look, "You made this oddly personal." I told him.

He nodded, "This year I'll make first line." He said, looking past me.

"Scott, what're you looking at-oh." I looked to see him and Allison exchanging flirty eyes, making me give Stiles a look, which made him give Scott a look, "Oh." We commented.

"McCall!"

Scott and I looked to Coach, "Yeah?" We asked in unison.

Coach gave us weird looks, pointing to my brother, "You, McCall. You're in goal." He told him, throwing gear into his arms.

Scott shook his head, "I've never played." He said.

Coach nodded, "I know. Scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost."

I gave the man a wordless look, "That-that is such a mean thing to say." I told him.

He shrugged, "It's a first day back kind of thing. Get 'em energized, fired up!"

"But what about me?" Scott asked.

Coach sighed, "Try not to take any in the face." He said, turning to aka back to the team, "Let's go! Come on!" He yelled.

I got in the line up, trying to ignore the small shoves the guys sent me as I stumbled to find a spot.

I ended up in the back.

A shrill whistle was blown, and Scott and I dropped our sticks, grabbing our helmet in pain.

Why the hell is that thing so loud?

I heard a grunt of pain, and looked up to see my brother laying in the goal, a white lacrosse ball beside him.

"Way to catch it with your face, McCall! Good going!" Someone yelled.

I winced at his embarrassment, watching as he stood back to his feet, readying his stick.

The next guy came up, quickly taking off and flicking his stick forward, letting go of the ball.

I didn't bother looking as it came Scott's way, not wanting to see him in any more pain.

"Yeah!" Stiles screamed.

My eyes widened, and I leaned to the right to see Scott with the ball in his net.

"Good job, Scott!" I yelled, making the team glare at me.

I cleared my throat, "I-I'll just be ba-back here.."

Another shot was caught, and Stiles jumped up, "Yoo-hoo!"

Scott caught the next few balls, but the next shot was stopped as Jackson shoved his way to the front.

"Oh, God." Scott and I mumbled.

Jackson went forward in what looked to be slow motion as he bounced in the air, pushing the ball towards Scott.

Directly onto his stick.

I jumped up, "Yes!"

Stiles jumped with me, "Woo-hoo! Yeah, that's my best friend!"

I scooped up the ball, and readied myself, before taking off I'm a sprint, flicking the ball towards the net.

And missing.

Completely.

The team let out loud laughs, and Stiles cleared his throat, "I've never seen that girl before in my life... Nope, never." He said, slowly sitting back down, "Don't know her."

The next person went to shoot, but I narrowed my eyes, "I'm not done yet." I snapped, hitting his chest with my stick, making his eyes widen.

I locked eyes with Scott, and he grinned, "Bring it." He whispered.

I smiled, "I plan to." I said, scooping the white ball into my net, taking a large leap forward, snapping my stick towards the goal.

Scott didn't have a chance to react as the ball made a loud swishing of the goal.

There was a small pause of silence, only the panting of Scott and I being heard.

"....I know her!" Stiles screamed, "I know them! Those are my best friends!"

Scott flicked the ball into my net from behind his back, and I grinned as I snapped my stick behind me without looking.

I heard people begin to cheer, and I turned to see the other teams Coach with our ball in his net.

"Good job, Katherine!" Someone yelled.

I looked to the stands to see Allison on her feet, clapping wildly.

I met her gaze, and she grinned, giving me a thumbs up.

Maybe we can still be friends.

**

I held onto Stiles' hand tightly as we jumped into the creek, making sure not to fall over.

"I don't know what it was!" Scott said, "It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing."

My eyes widened, "You're hearing things too?"

The boys paused, and Stiles places his hand on my shoulder, "Are you hearing voices, Katherine?"

I stared at him for a moment, "Aren't you?"

I paused, watching as Stiles looked thoroughly disturbed, his hand slowly slipping from my shoulder, "Um..."

I rolled my eyes, shoving both of them, "Relax, I mean, you can hear things you shouldn't be able to hear. Like Allison's conversation-"

"With her mom about how she forgot her pen." Scott finished.

I nodded, "Exactly."

Stiles let out a relieved breath, "Phew, I thought I was gonna have to sign an admission form for Eichen. You know, maybe you're losing your mind."

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up."

"I can smell things too." Scott said.

I made sure to be careful as I took a step over a branch, catching a whiff of the gum in Stiles' pocket.

"Smell things?" Stiles asked, "Like what?"

"Like.. The mint mojito him in your pocket." Scott said.

Stiles shook his head, patting down his pockets, "I don't even have any mint mojito-" he stopped, digging in his pocket to pull out an old piece of gum.

He looked up from the green gum, meeting Scott and I's eyes, making me throw my arms up, "See?"

I turned back around with Scott, scanning the forest floor to try and find any sign of Scott's inhaler.

"So this all started with the bite?" Stiles asked.

We nodded, and Scott groaned, "What if it's like an infection, what if my body's like, flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?"

I squinted through my glasses, my vision blurring as I tried to see through them, "You can't have an extreme adrenaline rush after being bit by an animal, Scott. The worst thing that'll happen, would be rabies."

I took my glasses off of my face like I had at tryouts, tucking them into my back pocket.

I probably need a new prescription.

"Whoa, don't you need those?" Stiles asked.

I shook my head, "I can't see with them on anymore. It's been happening since this morning. They may just be getting old." I shrugged.

Scott nodded, and Stiles rubbed his chin, "You know what? I actually think I've heard of this, it's a specific kind of infection."

Scott and I stopped, our pulses jumping, "Seriously?"

Maybe I was wrong.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called Lycanthropy."

I felt my panic deflate, and I looked at Stiles, thoroughly unimpressed.

Never mind; I'm never wrong.

But poor little Scott didn't understand, his big brown eyes widening in fear, "What's that? Is that bad?" He asked.

Stiles gave me a glare when I went to tell Scott the truth.

I sighed, and he continued with a serious face, "Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month." He said.

"Once a month?" Scott breathed.

Jesus, Scott.

"Mm, hmm. On the night of the full moon." Stiles finished, letting out a high pitched howl.

Scott's shoulders slumped, and he shoved Scott, "Hey, man."

Stiles held his hands up in surrender, laughing, "Hey, you're the one that said you heard a wolf howling."

I shook my head, "Stiles, there could be something seriously wrong with us!"

"I know!" He exclaimed, "You're werewolves! Grr!" He growled mockingly.

Scott and I gave him our twin look, making him sigh, "Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's 'cause Friday's a full moon."

We stopped in the familiar spot of the forest, giving the vacant ground a confused look.

She had been right here.

"I-I could've sworn this was it." Scott told Stiles, "We saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler." Scott bent down, raking the leaves away as he searched for his inhaler.

I gave the boys scared looks, "Oh my God. Maybe the killer moved the body." I whispered.

"Well, if he did, I hope he left my inhaler, those things are like eighty bucks." Scott sighed.

I snorted, and continued to look with Scott, when a hard slap hit the back of my head.

"Oww, Stiles, what the hell-" I froze in my spot when I saw the man dressed in all back, barely thirty feet away from us.

Scott and Stiles shifted in front of me, and I felt my heart beat begin to rise in fear of the man in front of us.

He's not the killer, is he?

A permanent scowl was set on his face as he stomped towards us, "What're you doing here? Huh? This is private property." He spat, glaring at each of us.

Stiles cleared his throat, "Uh, sorry, man, we didn't know."

I placed my fingers around Scott's bicep, gripping his arm tightly in fear, making him move farther in front of me, shielding me from whoever was in front of us.

"Yeah, sorry, we were just looking for something but..." Scott trailed off, making the man raise an urging eyebrow, "Uh, forget it." He told him.

The man reached into his pocket, making me sink further into Scott.

He's not pulling out a gun, right?

He tossed the thing to Scott, and he flipped it over in his hand, examining the object.

His inhaler.

I looked to the man, making eye contact, instantly intimidating me, making me look down at my feet.

He gave me a weird look, and threw his hands into his jacket, turning around and walking away from us.

Scott let out a relieved breath, nudging me, "All right, come on. I gotta get to work."

I nodded, looking back to see the mysterious stranger, but he was already gone.

Weird.

Stiles stopped us, giving us exasperated looks, "Dude, that was Derek Hale." Stiles exclaimed. "You remember, right? He's only a few years older than us."

I shook my head, "Remember what?"

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire like, ten years ago."

I gasped, looking back to where he used to stand, "Really? That's awful. That must be why he has that permanent look of utter disgust and mental anguish."

"Like Jasper, from Twilight?" Stiles offered.

I nodded, "Precisely."

Scott hummed, "I wonder what he's doing back."

We stared at the empty space he left, and Stiles shook his head, scoffing, "Come on." He said, ushering us to his Jeep.

**

"There's no way!" He exclaimed, his mouth full of popcorn and Coke.

I rolled my eyes, shoveling more of the buttery snack into my mouth, "I'm serious!" I told him, chugging my Coke, "Star wars VI: Return of the Jedi is by far the best Star Wars movie."

Stiles scoffed, "Not a chance! The Empire Strikes back definitely tops that." He said, tossing some skittles in his mouth, "So, we'll be watching The Empire Strikes back first."

My eyes widened, and I shook my head, jumping up from my spot on the couch, "That's not fair! We always watch your movie first." I whined.

He rolled his eyes, clicking play, "And you always love it." He grinned, popcorn shells encasing a few of his teeth.

I huffed, flopping back on the couch, "That doesn't mean I approve of what little control you have over our movie nights."

He laughed, throwing s piece of yellow popcorn at my face, but I turned my head to quickly catch the piece in my mouth, humming at the tasteful piece, "Thanks."

He pouted, "You're such a show off."

We turned back to the movie, and right as it started, Scott ran in, soaked to the bone from the rain, "I've got a date!" He yelled, throwing his backpack on the counter.

I paused the movie, sharing a look with Stiles, "You did?"

He grinned, "With Allison."

We threw our hands up, and he slapped our palms in a high-five, his grin never leaving his face.

I nodded, "Good for you, Scott! You wanna watch a movie with us?"

He nodded, running up the stairs, "Let me just take a shower." He called.

Stiles and I dug out or wallets, and I hummed, "I saw ten minutes, tops."

He scoffed, "No way! Scott's about to crash and burn like Taylor Swifts relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal."

I rolled my eyes, "I can't believe you even keep up with her. I've got.. Thirty. You?"

He grinned, showing two twenties, "Forty."

I hummed, "You're gonna lose, Stilinski."

**

I looked to the sleeping puppy leaning on my shoulders his mouth open as he let out loud snores, "Pause it." I whispered.

Stiles sighed, pausing the movie, and we looked at the time, my face stretching out into a broad grin.

"You suck." He groaned.

I tsked, "I should be hearing the money being placed in my hand, not your complaints of failure."

Stiles grumbled something under his breath, slapping the money in my hand, "Here."

I sighed, "You always lose." I told him.

He sniffled dramatically, "I try to keep my hope up."

I shook my head, "Keep doing that." I told him, playing the movie, "I'm sure it'll work at some point."

"Whatever."

**

Word Count: 7432

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 219 17
"Why do you suddenly care about me now? You've never cared about me before or even looked my way. You were always looking at her instead!" "I'm sorry...
720K 34.1K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
275K 6.4K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
54.3K 97 7
"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." -Sarah Dessen. When...