Mythical War

By CatesPencil

Book Two of Mythical Academy. It has been 19 years since the major war with the infamous Demon King. King Et... More

Book 1: Mythical Academy
Chapter 1: Chained like a Pet
Chapter 2: Master
Chapter 3: New Relationships
Chapter 4: A Human and A Prince
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: A Blade and Blizzard
Chapter 8: Tumbling to the Finish
Chapter 10: Popular Break
Chapter 11: Pleasure and Pain
Chapter 12: Demontica
Chapter 13: The Biggest Lie
Chapter 14: Village Battle
Chapter 15: Twisted
Chapter 16: Comfort
Chapter 17: The Knowing Stress
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: The Cliff
Chapter 20: Secret Kisses
Chapter 21: The Pet Act
Chapter 22: The Mythicals
Chapter 23: Family War
Chapter 24: Demon Protector
Chapter 25: Who am I?
Chapter 26: Plans
Chapter 27: Phoenix
Chapter 28: Connected
Chapter 29: Back Together
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 9: High School Drama

1.8K 116 10
By CatesPencil

I am so so sorry guys!! I accidentally posted Chapter 10 before Chapter 9!! Well this is chapter 9! I hope you forgive me, the story did get weird if you jumped chapters. This is chapter 9! Please read THIS ONE and THEN chapter 10. The story will make a lot more sense. Thanks and once again, I AM SORRY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHAM!" echoes the punching bag as my fist slams into it the hundredth and twentieth time.

"You know, if you keep murdering the punching back, it may surprise you one day and punch back," laughs a carefree voice.

I smile, turning around. There was Alex and Simon, already in their gear. I sigh, smiling stupidly and removing the punching bag from the hook and putting it away, "It would be a very hurtful surprise that's for sure."

The two twins shrug in agreement. "Why aren't you ready yet?" asks Simon.

I slip off my work-out gloves and take a big gulp of water. "Because I am not ready. End of story."

Alex and Simon share a confused look. I roll my eyes, "Meaning I am not ready to go to school! I don't want to see all my so called 'friends' again. They already did enough damage to me the first year of school."

Alex and Simon wince, understanding what I was saying.

I slip on a shirt on top of my sports bra and slip out of my shorts. I've changed in front of the twins before. We used to swim together in the same bath tub until age 10!! So I really don't care. I slip on a pair of jeans and grab the backpack in the corner of the gym.

Alex takes a step forward, "But Catie Cat... You now are stronger, your dragon has appeared, and you can control your vampire side now. You are no longer a little kid they can bully around..."

I sigh, slinging the backpack over my shoulder and head out into the front lawn of the castle. "Still, I would rather not be involved in all the 'popular kids vs nerds' drama. Plus the last few years have made me mature, I'm not sure high school is that high in maturity level. I'll probably just ask Damian to allow me to stay back at home."

Alex and Simon share another look, "Well... We aren't supposed to tell you this... but... you see..."

"Spit it out."

"Mythical Academy has been on the verge of attack. Three attacks already happened and luckily, Ms. Fangtooth, the fighting teacher, was able to stop them. However, she is weak now, they need someone else who knows how to defeat demons and control rogues."

"So they need me for the demons and you two for the rogues?"

Alex and Simon nod as I throw my head back and groan loudly. "Fine, I'll go to school. But I swear, if I see any of my old 'friends' hurting someone... I'm going to blow the roof off."

**

I moan loudly, "Why are we doing this in the middle of the day?" I ask Damian. Damian sighs, and keeps walking forward. His ice cold façade was up again and he was as stern and cold as ever.

"Look, we can't be seen as all of us coming from the two most powerful territories by other students. So we came during the middle of the day."

I groan, "And now you are all ice cold again... Why do I have to be stuck with YOU for all my classes but two?"

"Because you are my pet. And make that but one... I now have fighting with you."

"What?!? UGHHHH..." I groan again, crossing my arms.

Alex and Amanda have the same schedule, Lance and Simon have the same schedule, and Mindy has her schedule so that she will always be in a class with at least one of the pairs.

We stop at our first class, Calculus AP, a college course. Damian reaches for the door handle, but then pulls back, uncertainly.

I roll my eyes and push him aside, opening the door and walking straight into the classroom. The older female teacher stops mid-way of her sentence and all heads snap to Damian and me.

I catch the eyes of the teacher and give her a slight nod which she returns. All the teachers knew who I was, what I transform into, my vampiric powers, and my extra power of speed. However, no students knew this. I was a lowly creature, maybe even a free-runner or rogue, who couldn't do anything in their eyes.

The funny thing is I am supposed to rule this whole kingdom and all these students next year.

A tiny voice in my head speaks up, "And maybe even find a mate?"

I groan my mind is already being poisoned by high school drama and relationships.

Damian clears his throat behind me and walks in. All the girls sigh visible and the guys look him up and down either impressed or jealously. He was a sight: fit, gorgeous, cold with many secrets, and defiantly with the looks of a playboy.

The Calculus teacher smiles, "Welcome, you two are the new students from the Morris territory I presume?"

Damian nods, "Yes, my name is Damian, and this is my protector or pet Catelyn."

"Well nice to meet you, we are currently learning about step discontinuity. Do you know what that is?" The math teacher asks. Damian was about to answer but I interrupt him.

Off-handedly I answer, "A discontinuity is when the graph steps or jumps from one connected piece of the graph to another."

I take one of the available seats in the middle and Damian sits behind me.

"Good job Catelyn. I'm guessing you took pre-calculus?" My math teacher asks me.

"Ya... Ya..." I answer. I actually took Calculus in sophomore year of my home schooling, but whatever makes the class feel better.

"Alright, lets continue, you can meet the Damian and Catelyn when it's self-work time. So a step discontinuity-"

I zone the teacher out, looking boredly around her empty classroom with a few measly math posters.

The door slams open and in walk in a laughing group of seniors. They literally walk in, laughing and almost screaming on top of their lungs. I then look around, realizing that the class is half empty and the only people in this class were the nerds.

My eyes narrow at the new group. It was five girls and four guys. The leader, a girl, steps forward. She was blonde with brown eyes, big breasts and butt, and a lot of makeup. She smiles to the math teacher, "Sorry Ms. Maryan. Traffic was on the road..."

Ms. Maryan narrows her eyes, "The traffic was very long, apparently taking up at least a half of the school day."

The girl shrugs and goes over to the back seats. Her eyes linger a little too long on Damian and get a spark to them. I growl, realizing Damian is to be her next prey. Wait a second, I know these people.

Damian puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. He whispers, "You alright Kitten?"

I take a deep breath and exhale, "Ya. Fine..."

Class ended a painful hour later and I was up and out of my seat faster than lightning.

I was the first teen out in the hallway thanks to my super speed that I forgot I wasn't supposed to use. I notice a wispy figure coming towards this class. I squeeze myself between the lockers, hiding as the wispy thing got closer. As Damian steps out it tenses, and hides behind a trashcan. I narrow my eyes before seeing the silver of a knife. It steps out, taking the shadowy human form and readying its throwing knifes. I jump out of the lockers as teens starts to flood the hallway, and block my view of both Damian and the wispy thing.

"EVERYONE DOWN!" I scream and as soon as I get a glimpse of the demon, my hidden dagger is thrown towards it. It whistles through the air and rams right next to the demon's head almost as loud as a gun. Everyone screams, ducking down.

I see Damian look around surprised before the demon aims and fires its silver blade towards Damian.

"LOOK OUT!" I scream, super-speeding and tackling Damian to the ground. We fall with an 'oof'. I scan Damian looking for cuts. My hand snaps out next to my ear, catching the knife that was just thrown at me by the demon while still inspecting Damian.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He nods his head, now completely pale white. Another blade whistles and I catch with my other hand. I grit my teeth and stand up, turning to face the demon.

Flicking my wrist, I aim the two demon throwing knives at the demon, and one hits it in its shadowy leg. It screeches in pain, disappearing before starting to fly over the ducking high school students who were now screaming. I am about to run after it but an arm grabs me and pulls me back.

Damian looks at me with worried eyes and I sigh, "Damian, you know this is my other job. I did my job of being your 'loyal pet'. Now it's time to do my real job. Trust me, nothing will happen to me, my mother put a spell on me that will not allow me to leave the territory or any other truced territories."

Damian sighs, "Alright, but be safe and return soon... Please... I need to...um... tell you some things."

I nod my head and begin walking away. The fearful students looking at me in confusion and curiosity at who was this girl that just saved them for accidently being cut in half by a demon.

From the corner of my eye, as I turn the corner to go find Alex and Simon, I see that leader girl and go to Damian all seductively. I turn on my super hearing and listen. "Hey there babe. My name is Princess Selina; daughter of Queen Sheila. What's your name hottie?"

I wince and turn off my super hearing. Damian shouldn't be wishing me luck; I should be wishing him luck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 281 16
What happens when you throw a set of twins and there mean ass protective little sister into a school filled with vampires, demons, werewolfs, mermaid...
13.2K 312 9
*THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED ON VARIOUS ONLINE RETAILERS* (The chapters included here are teasers only) Who knew accidentally setting fire to a tree w...
27.9K 1.3K 30
"I'm different. I have snowy owl wings sprouting out of my back, a magical color changing eyes, sharp fangs with clear dripping poison, a quiet, timi...
79.3K 3.4K 31
You either become brilliant, or you get killed. When Alyssa was invited to a boarding school to learn magic, she was expecting something out of a Har...