The Queen (GXG) (Lesbian Stor...

By RaeTargaryen

(Book One of Four from 'The Royal Series') Calliria Cecilia Remington. The youngest Queen to ever reign in th... More

A/N #1
Sneak Peek (Chapter 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Sneak Peek (Chapter 3)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N #2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
A/N #3
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3 (Christmas Special)
Bonus Chapter (Final)
A/N #4 (Final)
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT!
BOOK TWO UPDATE!
BOOK THREE ANNOUNCEMENT!
The General Update

Chapter 18

12.7K 389 57
By RaeTargaryen

I have one word for this chapter: Filler.

It's short but it's important. The next chapter will be the penultimate chapter although I have no idea when that will be published because I want it to be more than perfect before I consider that. Until then, I hope you enjoy this chapter, as short as it may be :)

Rae 'Rae x

___________________________________________________________________

Corinne's POV

I had to follow her. I just had to but although her scent was still fresh, I couldn't find her.

How could one small demonstration fight, turn this day into a disaster? It was only meant to be a bit of harmless fighting but ended up being something much bigger than that and I had a strong feeling Callie wouldn't be the same after today.

I decided to speak to my wolf to see if she could connect with Callie's wolf, 'Lilliana, can you see if you can speak to Adeline?'

She let out a small growl, letting me know that I was not going to be happy with her reply,

'I have tried. She is not responding. This is not like her, something is wrong, I can feel it.'

If Lilliana thought something was wrong, there was something seriously wrong. Our wolves have better intuition than we do and the fact that Lilliana could not get through to Adeline was a really bad sign.

With wolves, you have two separate mind links. So I have a mind link with Callie and Lilliana has a mind link with Adeline. Usually, if I couldn't get through to Callie, Lilliana could always get through Adeline. There has never been a time where she couldn't. Until now. This now means that not only is Callie unresponsive, but Adeline is unresponsive as well and the only way that happens is through the use of silver. I needed to find her and I needed to find her fast.

I picked up my pace and followed Callie's scent to the edge of our territory. That was when another smell hit me with full force. Vampire.

I growled and sniffed around, picking up another smell; silver. The fact that the smell of silver and vampire were in the same place and on our territory nonetheless was bad, really bad.

I could feel the anger from Lilliana and she took control immediately. Until she calmed down I was unable to regain control but to be honest, I was just as angry as she was and at this point, the only thing that would calm us down, is knowing Callie and Adeline are safe.

Lilliana let out a loud growl and started clawing at the ground in anger. There was no way we could step foot onto No Man's Land at the moment. It just wasn't an option.

No Man's Land was swarming with exiled Mythicals from every realm. It was the one piece of land that spanned across all realms. Hence why it was the only piece of land where official wars were held.

Lilliana felt a presence behind us so she turned and growled. Even when she realised it was the Generals, her growls didn't cease. She was angry and it was going to take a lot to calm her down,

"Corinne, you need to take back control," Johan said, "We cannot communicate with you like this."

Lilliana took Johan's words into account, 'If I am going to hand you back control Corinne, you have to be firm. We have to get back our mates, no matter what the cost.'

'I understand. Trust me, I'll handle this.'

Control was handed back to me immediately and I shifted back into human form. I ran a hand through my hair and started making my way back to the castle, pushing my way through the Generals without so much as a second glance.

I felt someone grab onto my shoulder, "Corinne, you have to calm down."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to face the Generals, "I do not have to do anything. My mate has been kidnapped and nothing will stop me from getting her back. It would be wise of you to remove your hand from my shoulder before I make you."

Serena sighed, "We are here to help you."

My eyes darkened and narrowed in her direction, "Then let go of me. General or not, I overrule you on my territory. Now remove your hand Serena."

She knew she couldn't win with me so she removed her hand and I continued on my way back to the castle.

I made it back in record time and immediately made my way to the meeting room. I was going to give King Symmon's a call.

Controlling my anger during this call was going to be hard but I needed to let him know that he couldn't just kidnap my wife without there being a consequence,

"Queen Corinne. What an honour it is to have you call." King Symmon's answered. I growled,

"Where is she?" I asked,

"Where is who? Oh wait, you mean Queen Calliria. Well, she's in good hands."

"I swear to the Goddess, if you do not return her to me unharmed, I will kill you."

He laughed over the phone, "You are in no position to be giving me orders your majesty. You are going to listen to what I have to say and if not, let's just say, your kingdom will end up only having one Queen."

"How dare you!!" I shouted, which only made him laugh more. He was truly finding enjoyment in this,

"How dare I indeed. Now listen closely. Either you marry my son or Queen Calliria dies. I am not playing around. Give me your decision now or I will make it for you and I guarantee it won't be the one you like."

I was so angry right now, I could hardly bear it but I couldn't express my anger over the phone, not right now. Callie is counting on me to bring her home safe and I couldn't let her down now, not when her life was in danger.

I sighed over the phone, "Arrange the wedding."

"Fantastic. It would be wise of you to make your way to me soon. If you try anything, your dear wife will pay for it."

He hung up the phone and I let out a shout of anger, throwing the phone against the wall. My eyes flickered back and forth between my wolf and my human. It was hard for me to keep control,

"Call the troops back." I ordered the Generals. They all looked at me wearily and I growled at them,

"Am I speaking another language?! Call the troops back!!"

Sasha sighed, "Corinne, we are not your enemies here. We have to think rationally about this."

"The only thing you are doing Sasha, is keeping me from my wife. The longer we sit here and do nothing, the more at risk she is. You are standing in my way!"

"We are trying to help you!"

I walked up to her, making her take a few steps back, "Know your place General."

Tatum walked up in front of Sasha, "Know yours Corinne. It is one thing talking to me like that but to talk to my wife in such a manner is a different story."

"Maybe your wife should know who she is talking to. Make sure she knows where she stands in this castle before I make her."

Tatum's eyes flashed red and she took a step forward, "Threaten my wife again and see where it gets you."

I narrowed my eyes at her and growled, "Threaten me again Tatum, I dare you."

It was getting intense in here. Luckily, Johan stepped in front of both of us, "Listen, we are at war with King Symmons, not with each other. Calliria is relying on us to rescue her and you are both fighting like enemies. We need to work together if we have any chance of bringing her back safely."

I closed my eyes for a moment and took a few steps back. I reopened them and looked at the Generals,

"I am sorry. I'm not thinking straight. Without Calliria by my side, my mind goes haywire. That is not like me."

"We know." Johan stated. I looked over at Tatum and Sasha and they nodded, letting me know that they understood how sorry I was.

I sighed, "Please can you call back the troops."

They nodded and left the room. I kicked the chair in anger and screamed out in frustration. Why did this have to happen? All we wanted to do was be happy and live our lives. Now Callie gets kidnapped all because we refused to marry Prince Hunter. The Goddess chose me and Callie to be together and it is an insult to her to marry someone else but if I had to agree to marry Prince Hunter to save Callie, so be it.

I threw a chair at the wall for good measure before I walked out of the room towards the training grounds.

I exited through the castle doors and everyone fell silent at my arrival. It wasn't just my presence that caused the silence, it was my expression as well. They could tell I wasn't happy,

"Your Queen has been kidnapped." I stated. The crowd gasped and I heard various growls. The fact that their Queen had been taken didn't ring well. Even those from other realms were angry. Callie was well respected in every realm and this was bad news,

"We must get her back!!" Someone shouted. I nodded in agreement,

"I agree and I am going to get her back by marrying Prince Hunter."

The crowd burst into outrage, "You are married to our Queen!! That is out of the question!!"

I growled, silencing the crowd immediately, "What I decide is none of your concern! However, I had more to say. I agreed to marry the Prince but we are going to plan an ambush. I will not be going alone. You will be coming with me, despite King Symmons' warning. When a signal is given, you will attack the castle. I know it is going to be risky but I need to know you're behind me on this."

"We are with you your majesty!" Someone else shouted. Everyone nodded in agreement and I smiled slightly, knowing I had everyone standing behind me,

"Thank you. It wasn't my intention to leave this early but I am not going to sit around and wait any longer than I have to. Our Queen is being held by the hands of those vampires and its time we got her back!" The crowd cheered,

"We leave now!! What is our motto?!"

"We never surrender, back down or run from a fight! We fight with honour, pride and with all of our might! All hail and long live the Queens! Pushing us forward to victory!"

I nodded, "Shift!"

My wolves shifted and bared their teeth, letting me know that they were ready for what was going to come. The witches, warlocks and mermaids nodded in my direction, telling me the same.

It was time to move out.

I shifted into my wolf and howled into the sky, my wolves howling after me. It was a sign that the war had officially begun and there was no turning back now.

It was time to get our Queen back.

*One Day Later*

Getting to the vampire castle wasn't easy. Usually it would take a couple of days to get there; with rest. We ran non-stop. We didn't have time to stop, not when Callie was in danger. I couldn't think about myself while she was being held captive. It was selfish and unfair.

As we came to the edge of vampire territory I stopped in my tracks, making the troops stop behind me. I shifted back into my human form and faced everyone,

"This is where we part ways. It has been an honour serving with all of you, even if it hasn't been for long. When the signal is given, you attack with everything you have. Remember what you are fighting for."

Everyone bowed to me and I turned to face the Generals, "I refuse to go in alone."

Tatum stepped forward, "I will come with you."

Sasha stepped forward as well, "I'm coming too."

Tatum turned to face Sasha and shook her head, "You must stay with the troops where you can be protected. You were held captive once; I will never forgive myself if something happened to you again."

"And what if something happens to you? I won't be there with you, Tatum please."

I could see the pain in Sasha's eyes of the thought of losing Tatum. I understood her pain. I knew Callie was still alive but for how long? The thought of losing her is unbearable and I didn't even want to imagine it.

Callie was my life. The air that I breathed and I didn't know how I could go on if she wasn't by my side.

I know I had Corey but when a wolf loses their mate, it's like their whole world falls apart. They lose sight of the world and it literally feels like their heart has been broken into two pieces. They lose themselves. Callie always made it her mission to make me feel loved and she told me that nearly everyday. If something happened to her today, I will forever regret not giving her the same.

She knew I loved her but not saying it would plague my mind. Not showing her the same affection she showed me would haunt me. I truly do not know how I could go on with living if something happened.

However, I couldn't think like that, not right now. Callie was counting on me to rescue her and I couldn't let her down. It was time I proved to the kingdom that I was a worthy Queen, and as a worthy Queen, I wouldn't back down when things got tough. I was able to handle things when Callie wasn't here and this would be the ultimate test of my abilities, for many years to come,

"I'm sorry Sasha," Tatum continued, "But I can't let you come with us, not today. Please just listen to me."

A single tear ran down Sasha's face and Tatum gently wiped it away, "I love you and whatever happens today, I will always love you."

Sasha let out a choked sob and gave Tatum a gentle kiss on the lips, "I love you too. Be safe."

Tatum nodded and came back to stand by my side. Sasha looked over at me and bowed. Serena and Johan then followed in their footsteps and bowed to me as well. I bowed back to them and turned my back to them.

As I stepped over onto the vampire territory, I knew there was no turning back.

I stayed in my human form though, it was bad enough I came with my troops, I didn't want to be in my wolf form as well. I needed King Symmons to think I wasn't posing a threat because if he thought otherwise, Callie would pay the price.

We didn't even have a chance to reach the castle before a group of vampires stepped out of the trees and surrounded us. I unconsciously growled at them, making them smirk. They think they have won this war but that was far from the truth. The war had only just begun.

Me and Tatum followed the group of vampires inside the castle. It made me wonder where Leon was. It was obvious that the mission had failed otherwise he would have contacted me by now, however, I would make it my mission to bring him back home safely. It was the least I could do for him and his family after what he had sacrificed for us.

The group of vampires led us towards a room, where the double doors opened up in front of us. We immediately laid our eyes on King Symmons and Prince Hunter who were smiling at us like we have been friends for years,

"Ah Queen Corinne, we have been expecting you. Although, I am pretty sure I said to come alone." He stated, eyeing Tatum up and down,

"You were foolish to think I would listen. It is only me and her."

He nodded and stood up from his throne. I made sure to be on my guard and from the way Tatum tensed up, she made sure of the same,

"Bring her in!" King Symmons shouted out.

No more than a few seconds later, a second set of doors opened and two guards walked in holding Callie. She was chained up by her hands and feet and from the smell of things, they were silver chains.

Silver injected into someone could be cured with an antidote, which is probably why she was still alive right now. If we came into contact with silver however, it literally diffused all of our abilities. We couldn't shift and we most definitely couldn't use our mind links.

I growled at the guards handling her and attempted to walk towards Callie when Tatum grabbed my shoulder, stopping me from doing so.

I turned to her confused and she shook her head, "You can't."

She was right. I couldn't get to her right now; it was way too risky. I was on vampire territory now and the rules were different here,

"Callie." I spoke. She lifted her head up to face me and they widened in recognition,

"C-Corinne?"

My eyes started to water as I nodded, "I'm sorry." I mouthed to her. She started to cry as I faced King Symmons and Prince Hunter.

The King took a piece of paper from the Prince and walked up to me, "Now, you have finally agreed to marry my son so I have written up a contract so you are unable to go back on your word."

"No!!" Callie screamed out. She was quietened by the vampires holding her who threw her to the floor roughly. As much as I wanted to save her now, I couldn't. It seemed she now understood why I said sorry.

The King handed me the contract and I read over it. It was a magical contract and could only be broken through magic or through the death of whoever wrote it. I knew King Symmons wrote this contract so this was information I could hold onto for later. I wasn't going to marry the Prince so this may be the only way out of it.

As I looked up from the contract, King Symmons held out a pen towards me, a smug smile on his face, almost like he knew something I didn't,

"So, are you going to sign or shall I kill your mate in front of you?"

I looked over at Callie again and she shook her head, pleading me not to sign the contract. I couldn't let her die though, I just couldn't.

I took the pen from King Symmon's hand and turned to face Tatum. She nodded and I sighed before looking back down at the contract.

Raising the pen up to the contract, I made a final thought to the Goddess.

Forgive me Goddess for what I am about to do.

I placed the pen on the paper and signed my name; Corinne Matthews-Remington.

It was done. The contract was signed but the glint in King Symmon's eyes let me know this was far from over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.9K 17
The story of 2 girls having each other backs as sisters in a werewolf community helping along with their parents. Keeping their family safe. What wil...
12K 566 25
Luz Garcia is 18 years old and just started her last year of high school. Together with her best friends Ben and Lauren she tries to survive it. Rig...
10.3M 266K 45
Dulce Gavin, a 17 years old girl who doesn't like to watch TV accidentally met and helped a drop dead gorgeous teenager named Glace. They hit it off...
2.1M 69.7K 20
Vivian Williams is a werewolf, but what she didn't expect was her mate to be a girl. Find out what happens with these troubled two. Will Vivian's pa...