Mya's Choice

By Thischickisbomb

(SEQUEL) It's been exactly a year since Mya's world was turned upside down. She has moved on with a new guy a... More

Mya's Choice - Prologue
Mya's Choice - Chapter 1
Mya's Choice - Chapter 2
Mya's Choice - Chapter 3
Mya's Choice - Chapter 4
Mya's Choice - Chapter 5
Mya's Choice - Chapter 6
Mya's Choice - Chapter 7
Mya's Choice - Chapter 8
Mya's Choice - Chapter 10
Mya's Choice - Chapter 11
Mya's Choice - Chapter 12
Mya's Choice - Chapter 13
Mya's Choice - Chapter 14
Mya's Choice - Chapter 15
Mya's Choice - Chapter 16
Mya's Choice - Chapter 17
Mya's Choice - Epilogue

Mya's Choice - Chapter 9

8K 111 21
By Thischickisbomb

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

SORRY FOR THE WAIT:(

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

I woke up the next morning in my own bed in the present year. I slowly made my way out of bed and reached for my phone which rested on my nightstand. I had no missed call or texts from Josh. He had some nerve. If only he knew that right now he was making my decision incredibly easy. I quickly got ready and grabbed my things and headed to school.

 I arrived early and wasn’t due for class for at least another ten minutes. I walked into the courtyard and glanced around the place. I didn’t spot Josh anywhere. Where the hell was he? I exited the courtyard and made my way down the hallway to class. I took out my phone and texted Josh asking him where he was. I passed David in the hallway and stopped him.

“Hey Dave have you seen Josh?” I asked.

“No I didn’t think he was coming to school today.” He replied.

“What? Why not?”

“He got in an accident last night Mya. He’s in the hospital.” I felt my stomach fall along with my heart. I just felt empty and there was this sinking feeling in my stomach. Time seemed to stop. I was mad at him and he had been in an accident. I was so selfish. How could I be mad at him when he was hurt? Time hit me in the face and everything seemed to speed back up.

“Mya?”

“What hospital?” I asked in a panic as I pulled my keys out my bag.

“St. Johns Mya h---“ I turned around and ran down the hall to my car not bothering to hear what else David had to say. All I knew was that Josh had been in an accident and I wasn’t even there for him. I was angry with him for not coming and I was with Trey. I was with another guy while my boyfriend was in the hospital. The guilt hit me and it hit me incredibly hard. I could feel the tears threatening to spill, but I held them back. Right now was not the time to cry, I needed to be there for Josh. I prayed that everything was okay with him, because I couldn’t…God what if I lost him.

My mind was going crazy and I couldn’t seem to focus on one thing, which probably should have been the road at this moment. Everything just seemed to be jumbled up in my mind and it was driving me crazy.

I pulled up to the hospital and hopped out of the car. I made my way to the entrance and approached the front desk.

“How may I help you mamm?” The woman asked upon my arrival.

“Umm yes! I’m looking for a Josh Durbin” I said trying to erase the panic from my voice.

“He’s on the fifth floor in room 527” She told me. I thanked her and made my way to the elevator. If he was in a regular room that meant that he was okay right? If things were bad he would be in the emergency room or the intensive care unit. I just hoped that everything was okay.

I walked out of the elevator and made my way to room 527. I opened the door and walked inside and Josh was sitting up on the bed.

“Josh” I sighed in relief. I walked up to him and embraced him in a hug. “I’m so so sorry” I told him.  “I didn’t know that you had gotten in an accident and I thought that you had just forgotten about me and I’ve called and texted you and you haven’t replied. Why didn’t you text me back, but you are in the hospital of course—“

“Baby shhhssshh! I’m fine” he said trying to calm me down.

“Josh you’re in the hospital.” I told him.

“I’m about to leave. They just wanted me to spend the night here.” He told me.

“I thought I had lost you.” I told him as the tears fell down my face.

“Mya come on, I’ll always be here for you no matter what.” He said as he pecked me on the lips. “Listen stop crying, I’m fine.” He assured me.

“I’m sorry,” I told him.

“For what?” He asked.

“For thinking that you were cheating on me.” I said a little bit embarrassed.

“Mya you know I would never do that to you.”

“Yea I know, I was just mad Josh when you didn’t show up or answer my texts.” I informed him. He grabbed my face and looked me in the eyes.

“I would never cheat on you Mya. Me and you, we are more than that.” He said before kissing my lips. “I would never ruin our relationship for some other girl.” He told me.

“I don’t know what I would do without you.” I told him.

“Me either.” He stated. I slapped his arm and he chuckled. “You want to take me home. I’ll call my mom and tell her not to come. She probably hasn’t even finished getting ready yet.” I chuckled.

“Yea,” I replied as I wiped my face. “I’m sorry for breaking down on you.” I told him as I stepped back.

“It means you care.” He said as he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him. 

“I’ll always care about you.” I told him. “Call your mom.” He grabbed the hotel phone and I watched as he dialed the number and I finally looked at him. He had a scrape over his left eye and the left side of his face was slightly bruised. I was just glad that he was alright.

“So what happened?” I asked him once we were inside the car.

“What?” he answered dumbfounded.

“How did you get in an accident?”  I asked.

“A car ran a light  and hit the end of my car causing me to spend and crash into a pole.” He told me.

“Josh that is serious, you told me that it wasn’t that bad. Are you sure that you are okay?” I asked him.

“I’m fine Mya, just chill.” He told me.

“Sorry,” I muttered.

“No problem, you want to stay over for the day?”

“I’d love to,” I replied as I pulled up into his driveway. I got out of the car and walked inside. His mom was sitting at the kitchen table biting on her nails.

“Finally you are here. I was starting to get worried.” She stated as she pulled Josh into a hug.

“I’m fine mom, you girls worry way too much.” I rolled my eyes. She let go of him and then looked at me.

“How have you been Mya?” She asked.

“Good and you?” I replied.

“Okay,”

“Well mom we will be in my room, just holler if you need me.” Josh told her as he led to his room. He closed the door behind us and I went and flopped down on his bed. He came and sat down next to wear I lay. He pushed some hair out of my face before placing a kiss on my forehead.

“So what did you do last night?” he asked.

:”Just slept,” I told him as I propped my head up on my hand.

“Did you dream about me?” he asked. The guilt instantly took over my body when he asked that question. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I lied.

“Mya you don’t have to hide things with me.” he stated.

“I know that Josh, but I’m not hiding anything from you.” I told him. All that was coming out of my mouth was lies. I was lying to myboyfriend like he was the cops and I was trying to get out of a murder that I had committed. I hated lying to him like this, but there was nothing else that I could do. I mean I couldn’t tell him that when I fell asleep last night that I was with Trey. How would that sound?

“Whatever,” He said. As he laid back in the bed

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked him.

“Nothing, I’m just about to sleep. Hospital beds don’t do sleep justice.” He stated.

“Are you mad?” I asked him.

“No why would I be? Because there something that you are not telling me? That’s just you Mya.” He said before rolling over away from me and pulling the covers above him. I sighed and draped an arm over his waist before drifting off.

 I opened my eyes to see Trey staring down at me as he played with my hair. A smile spread across his face once he realized that I was awake.

“What?” I questioned in regards to his happy mood.

“Nothing just thinking about how you stormed in here.” He stated. I chuckled.

“I kind of over reacted didn’t I?”

“Yup,” He said laughing.

“I’m sorry Trey, I just didn’t want you to be upset with me.” I told him.

“Don’t worry about it.” He replied. “So were you back in the present when you were sleep?” he asked. I nodded my head.  “What was going on?” He asked.

“Josh got into a car accident.” I told him.

“Is he okay?”

“Yea, I was just worried about him.” I told him.

“I’m glad that you have him in your life. He was a nice choice.” Trey said. I chuckled.

“Gosh Trey you sound like my mom,” I told him.

“I’m just saying. I know that he will look after you.” He replied. I stared at him.

“I missed you.” I said before moving my face closer to his. I hesitantly pressed my lips against his. He pulled me tighter against him and kissed me eagerly. I melted against him. Nothing compared to being with Trey and although I did care for Josh, he didn’t make me feel how Trey made me feel. There was just that special something that made me feel incredible. It made me feel like I was on a whole another world.

“I love you,” I said against his lips. He hesitated and stared at me,

“Mya you know that I care about you,”

“But everything has just been really crazy.” I said cutting him off. “Yea I get it Trey. I shouldn’t have said that.” I told him. He sighed and pulled me against him.

“Can I ask you something?” Trey questioned.

“Yea,” I replied.

“How’s my mom doing?”

“Considering the circumstances she is doing quite well.” I told him.

“The circumstances are that great My.” He stated.

“I know Trey, but what do you want me to tell you?”

“The truth, I want to know how my mom is really doing?” he replied.

“Trey…” I inhaled a deep breath and then looked at him. “ Your mom is coping well, but she needs time. She misses you and spends nights in your room at times.” He looked away.

“I’m sorry Trey,”

“Don’t be, it’s just this whole thing is crazy.” He said as he ran his hands over his face. “and frustrating.” I said nothing. I just sat up and looked at him, because I knew how it was. I felt that same way when it first started happening and Trey’s situation was way worst than mine, considering the fact that he was dead.

“We were planning on going bowling tonight. I know how you don’t like my friends, but you should come.” He told me lightning up the situation.

“So that I can witness Chloe all over you…I think I’ll pass.”

“I really want you to come,” He said. I sighed.

“Why?” I asked,

“Because you are my best friend My,”

“Okay,” I said giving in.

“Alright go get ready. I’ll come pick you up and like an hour and then we have to go pick up Chloe.” I rolled my eyes and got up.

“Alright I’ll see you in a few.” I told him.

I looked through my closet as I searched for something to wear. I ended up picking out some denim shorts, a fist pump t-shirt and flip flops. I grabbed some socks from my drawer and threw them in my bag. I put my hair up into a pony tail and added some eye shadow to my appearance.

Once I was finished I looked at the clock and the bell rang at that same instance. I grabbed my bag and made my way down stairs. I opened the door and walked outside locking it behind me.

“Ready?”

“Yup,” I replied.

We arrived at The Alley and got out of the car. Chloe wasn’t too happy about me being in the front seat, but oh well she would get over it. We walked into the place and I felt like a third wheel. I followed Trey and Chloe over to where some of their friends sat.

“What’s up?” Trey said greeting them all. They all greet him back in their weird ways. “So who’s bowling?” Trey questioned .  I went to the counter and grabbed my shoes. I spotted Josh and went and sat next to him as I put on my shoes. He didn’t even look my way, which made me feel horrible. I decided to speak up.

“Hey I’m Josh” I said. He gave me a weird look and I realized what I just said.

“Sorry I was thinking of saying two different things and they came out together.” I told him. “ Hey I’m Mya, You’re Josh right?” I said correcting my mistake.

“Yea, nice to meet you.” He said shaking my hand and I felt everything I felt when he touched me even though we were in the past. Damn, this was going to be hard. I quickly pulled my hand back and smiled at him.

“If I beat you, you’ll buy my dinner, if you beat me I’ll buy yours.” I told him.

“Deal!” he stated. I chuckled. He was going down.

 I stood at the counter and paid for our food as Josh stood behind me laughing. I had no clue how he beat me. I mean when we always played I would always beat him. Was he letting me win? There was no way.

“I think you cheated.” I told him as we waited for our food.

“I think you are just mad that you lost.” He replied.

“Because I wasn’t supposed to lose.”

“You’re too competitive.” He said. “But I can let you redeem yourself at pool.”

“I suck at pool.”

“I’ll teach you,” He said stepping closer towards me. No matter how hard I tried I could not stop the smile from playing across my lips. My mind drifted back to when we played pool. We ended up going home together.

“How long will our food take?” he asked the worker.

“About ten to fifth teen minutes” she replied.

“Come on” He said grabbing me. “We can get one game in.”  I let him pull me to the pool room.

Josh paid for a game and I watched as he racked the balls and busted them.

"Okay you know the general rules, whichever one I knock in first, those are my balls and whoever gets all their balls in first win. Eight ball has to go last. If you hit the eight ball before others you are out." He said. I nodded in agreement. He had knocked in two stripes so that meant I was colors or whatever. I didn't really know how to play pool, but I knew the concept.

"Your turn" he said to me. I positioned my stick to hit one of the balls. I knew that my aim would be horrible and I knew that once I hit the ball that Josh would come up behind me. I also knew that wouldn’t be a good idea, because I had feelings for Josh now. It was all so confusing, but I knew how everything would play out if I didn’t change it. 

As I predicted my aim was horrible and the stick just brushed off the ball, it barely moved. Josh laughed at my attempt.

 "Don't laugh at me" I said. He continued to laugh. I rolled my eyes at him and looked at him. Nothing seemed to change even though I was in the past. He was the same Josh, the Josh that I cared for and the one that I spent most of my time with. He was the one who was always there for me.

"Here let me help you" he said leaning his stick against the wall. He came up behind me pressing his body against his and grabbed the stick. I felt all his heat transfer to my body. I didn’t know if I could be this close to him without doing anything.

 He wrapped my fingers around it in the proper way. Then he bent me over which caused my ass to press into his groin. This was not going to end the way that it needed to. I felt my body growing warmer and warmer and my heart beat had increased its speed.  I chuckled at my hormones, they never failed.

"What's so funny" he asked.

"The fact that you are trying to get close to me when all you had to do was ask." I told him repeating the words I had said that night. I turned around to face him. He laughed. Our bodies were so close and there was nowhere for me to go because I was pressed against the pool table. He lifted me up and sat me on the table as he came closer to me and stood in between my legs.  He so didn’t know what he was doing to me. He didn’t know how strong my feelings were for him. He moved his face closer to mine.  

His lips connected with mine and I immediately responded and moved my lips against his. He gripped my thighs and my hands began to grip his hair. I felt his tongue rub against my lip asking for entrance. I gave it to him without a second thought. Our tongues moved in sync. My body was now on fire and jolted shocks traveled throughout me. I wrapped my legs around his waist and locked them as we continued kissing.

He probably thought that I was a slut due to the fact that tonight was the first night that we had met under his circumstances, but if only he knew, that I was borderline in love with him.

I pulled away from him needing air and he just continued to kiss my jaw. I closed my eyes and savored the moment as my chest heaved against his.

“Ehemmm” I heard someone cough. I opened my eyes revealing Trey standing at the door. I quickly jumped from the table and stood to my own two feet.

“Hey,” I said slightly embarrassed.

“They’ve been calling out your order for a while. You should claim it.” He said before turning and walking away. Shit, he was mad. I looked towards Josh and he began laughing. I slapped his shoulder and chuckled.

The rest of the night went by awkwardly. Trey barely said two words to me and Josh and I decided to keep our distance for the rest of the night.

 I exited the building walking a few feet behind Trey and then I noticed that Chloe wasn’t around.

“Where’s Chloe” I asked him.

“She went home,” He replied as he got into his car. I got into the passenger’s seat and buckled up as I prepared myself for the ride and like I had thought it was silent and not the comfortable type silence. We pulled up into the drive way and Trey exited the car and began to walk home.

“Trey please don’t be mad at me.” I just couldn’t let our night end on this note.

“I’ll see you later My,” He said as he continued walking.

“Trey,” I called out as I made my way towards him and grabbed his hand.

“What?” he yelled as he turned around. I stepped back some at his sudden outburst.

“I’m sorry,” I said to him. “Just don’t be mad.” I added.

“Why were you making out with him?” He asked.

“Trey it just happened. Why does it matter?”

“Why does it matter? You had just told me that you loved me My,” He stated. I sighed he was right and now I felt like such a whore and the guilt filled me once again.

“You have Chloe,” I told him trying to ease the guilt that was resting on me.

“I broke up with her tonight!” He shouted. That just made my guilt worse. “And for what reason? Because I thought there was another girl who loved me!” he said shaking his head.

“Trey I do love you! I’m sorry! I didn’t plan on doing that with Josh, it just happened and if I told you it wasn’t anything. I would be lying.” I told him honestly.

“Mya I don’t want to deal with this tonight.” He said as he ran his hands over his face.

“Trey—“ I started.

“I’ll see you later okay?” I sighed.

“Okay, Can I get a hug?” I asked him.

“I’m not in the hugging mood.” He said before turning away. I tightly shut my eyes to keep the tears from seeping out, but it was no use they still ran, I turned around and walked back to my place.

I couldn’t blame him though. He had a reason to be mad, but I couldn’t help that I was in love with two guys. I mean I’ve heard of people turning their feelings off, but I didn’t feel like I could do it. I didn’t want to lose either one of them and I was being selfish. I had to make a decision and I needed to make it soon, because as of right now, I was only hurting the ones that I cared about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Choices By Maddy

Short Story

3.8K 339 10
"I won't promise you the moon and stars, but I promise you an eternity filled with love" It was the moment a heart chose to fall for its beloved...
1.2M 36.8K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...
6.8K 107 23
Laa Laa and Po's lives have been flipped... will they survive?
1.6K 162 26
Imagine your whole world turning upside down in a moment. Everyone you love leaving you. Which one will you deal with, your loss, your family drama o...