Hermione and Draco, a Forbidd...

De BekkaChaos

He was left broken, with no hope of ever putting himself together, until she entered his life. He never thoug... Mai multe

Starting Fresh
What is this I feel?
Working Together
Getting to Know Draco (short)
This is how I Feel
Self Inflicted
Making Headway
Christmas Morning
Plans
Descretion
Connections (EXPLICIT)
Connections (CLEAN, mostly)
Reality Setting In
Not Like This
The moment after
Moving On
Side Tracked
How do I go on?
Trying
Try, Try Again
Looking Up
Here We Go Again
What Lies Inside
Second Thoughts
The Time of Their Lives
Second Night
Draco's Story
Headmistress
A New Chapter
Kiss Me
No Place Like Home
Dark Side
Coming Back
Growth
History Repeats
Flashbacks
Preparing Ahead
You Should Know
Beauty and the Beast
Finality
More Finality
Graduation
SEQUEL

Truth

63.2K 1.6K 1.7K
De BekkaChaos

Hermione dressed herself quickly and headed out into the halls to round up her friends. Her heart pounded, and not just because she had just told him that she loved him. Maybe slightly because she was still exhilarated from her first time, but mostly because she was nervous about finally telling her friends about her relationship.

She knew that they were not going to be happy about it, how could they be? He had always been the enemy. He had been cruel to her. Sadly, she was the most forgiving of the group and she was the only one who would be so quick to find another reason for people’s mistakes.

Well, apart from-

“Luna!” she saw that bouncing blonde hair turn a corner at the end of the passage.

She jogged to meet up with her as she turned and gave Hermione a little wave.

“Hello Hermione, are you alright?”

“Yes… well not really, are you going back to your common room?” She huffed, slightly out of breath from her frantic wandering.

“Actually I was just on my way to congratulate Neville on finishing his exams. What’s going on?” she asked.

“I don’t mean to butt in and ruin your night but I need you to tell him to gather the others and bring them to the room of requirement, it’s urgent.”

“Is this about you and Draco?”

“It’s so much more than that.” Hermione sighed.

“Oh, I thought that it might be.” Luna shrugged a little.

“There’s going to be an attack.” Hermione said.

“My father did hear something like that, but he hasn’t had the chance to publish yet.” She sighed, “Who does Neville need to gather?”

“Harry, Ron… Seamus, Dean, Ginny, all of them. They should all know.”

“I’ll tell Neville to get them to meet you.”

“As soon as possible. It needs to be now Luna.” She looked as though she understood how urgent it was and nodded, heading off quickly to find Neville.

Hermione exhaled heavily. This was really happening; they were finally going to find out the truth about what she had been hiding all year. They weren’t going to like it. Not at all.

Harry especially.

How was she supposed to explain to him that she was in love with the one student that he had hated all these years, that they all had? How was she going to tell him that there was more to him than he knew, that Draco was so much more than the bad boy he had portrayed over the last seven and a half years? This was going to be impossible. None of them would look for the good in Draco like she did; they just didn't want to see it.

Hermione wasn’t even sure what had made her want to see him differently. Maybe it was that interest she had in him all those years ago that helped her to find who he really is.

She walked back to the room of requirement and when she opened the door she was surprised to see that it had changed.

Draco spun around quickly and instantly relaxed when she saw that it was her.

“What’s going on in here?” She asked.

It looked more like the DA practice room than anywhere they had been this year, except with a round table off to one side.

“I left to go for a walk and when I came back it was like this.” He sighed, clearly glad that it wasn’t Harry or one of the others.

“Well I suppose it fits better than a couch, a cosy little fireplace and a bed.” She shrugged and bit her lip a little.

Draco smiled and walked over to her, putting his hands on her waist and swaying her gently.

“When this is all over we’ll go somewhere, just us, and I’ll show you exactly how I’d like to treat you.” He gave his eyebrows a flirty little flick and she laughed, looping her arms around his neck and pulling him in.

She breathed in the smell of his musky cologne and closed her eyes as he swayed her. His lips found the soft skin of her neck and kissed her gently, lingering there for a moment.

“You know what I liked most about what you just said?” She murmured.

“What?” He asked, placing another tender kiss just below her ear and making her giggle slightly.

“The fact that you said when, not if.” She smiled into his chest.

“Well I don’t plan on going anywhere without you.” He said as he rested his head against hers.

Hermione let herself indulge in the moment for a while, taking in everything about him before she sighed and slipped out of his arms.

“Luna will be back with everyone soon. I have no idea how this is going to go.” She said.

“They might not come.” He said, his face turning sour.

If the hostility he was holding was anything like Harry’s then this was not going to go well. They helped each other out last year but neither of them would be willing to admit it to themselves. They were back at school and it really did feel like it.

“They’ll come, trust me.” He sighed and ran his hand through his hair restlessly.

They sat at the table in mostly silence for over half an hour before the door started to open. Draco leapt out of his chair so fast that Hermione was taken by surprise. He stood by the chair and stared down the door with a look that could have been anger or hatred or terrified or a mix of the three.

When Luna walked through the door alone he almost fell back into his chair.

Hermione left him be and walked over to Luna. “Are they coming?”

“They’ll be on their way soon, I didn’t tell them about any attack, I figured it might be best to wait.” She said, taking a quick look over at Draco. “Is he alright?”

Hermione looked back and Draco looked more than agitated. “I think he’ll be fine, it’s just getting it all out. He’s not exactly the most flexible of beings.” She whispered that last part and Luna smiled knowingly.

“Well I’ll be on your side, you should know that much.”

Hermione smiled; at least she could count on Luna. As she looked back to check on Draco the door began to open again and her head snapped towards it.

She let out a shaky breath. “Okay, just relax.” She whispered to herself.

Ron walked through the door first, followed by Ginny and then Neville and Harry.

“Dean and Seamus are on their way.” Neville said as Harry shut the door behind him.

“What’s going on here?” Ron said, a perplexed look on his face.

“Is that… who I think it is?” Ginny said, pulling a disgusted face as she looked behind Hermione and Luna at Draco, who had now stood up from his chair and was staring back.

“Hermione what is going on here?” Harry asked, looking from Draco to her and then to Luna.

Draco walked over and stood next to Hermione. He didn’t dare touch her, he would wait for her to say what she had to.

“What’s he doing here?” Harry nodded his head towards Draco and pulled a derogatory face.

Draco gave a dark smirk but bit his tongue.

“He’s here because he’s the one with something to say.” Hermione said nervously.

Draco looked a little smug as Harry just stood there puzzled.

Hermione saw and looked up at him as she spoke. “Don’t.” She said forcefully, knowing that he was inches from saying something very… Draco. She looked back at the others who all looked very confused. “I don’t really know how to say this so I’m just going to come out and say it and that is that… Draco and I … have been seeing each other this year.” She gulped and watched as all of their mouths dropped in disbelief. “You might not believe it but, it’s true.” She reached out and took Draco’s hand.

“You can't be serious?” Ginny said, giving Draco a dark stare.

“Hermione, are you mad?” Harry said, still in a confounded state.

“Bloody hell.”

“Yes I’m serious and no I’m not mad, there’s more to him than you give him credit and-”

“Did you know?” Neville piped up, this time talking to Luna who nodded calmly.

Neville’s eyes grew wide and his mouth shut abruptly.

“For how long?” Harry asked.

Hermione sighed. “Probably about Christmas.”

“How dare you.” Ron said, looking at Draco. “She’s far too good for you.” He spat angrily.

“Well she doesn’t seem to think so; in fact I think she quite likes me.” Draco said, his face betraying the anger that was welling up inside him.

“You pathetic little prick.” Ron spat and before anyone had the chance to react his fist had slammed into Draco’s face, sending him flying backward.

He recoiled and put a hand to his face before gathering himself and hurtling towards Ron, thumping his fist into his gut and proceeding to try and get the upper hand.

“Stop it!” Hermione yelled, trying to grab Draco by the waist and pull him back as Harry and Ginny did the same for Ron.

When they were separated she put herself between them, a hand on each of their rising chests. “This isn’t going to fix anything. Ron, you’re going to have to accept that this is happening, I love him.” Ron looked at her as though she had just said something that utterly defeated him.

“You what?” Ginny said.

“I said I love him.” Hermione threw her hands in the air. “You can hate that as much as you like but it won't change the fact.”

It was at that moment that Dean and Seamus walked in. “Blimey, what the hell is going on in here?” Seamus said. He took one look at Draco and pressed his tongue to his cheek. “What’s with the snake?”

“Hermione, that’s what.” Ginny said, folding her arms over her chest.

“Are you mad?” Dean asked and Hermione rolled her eyes.

“You know there is more to him than you all know, I happen to like him.” Luna said, earning her a roomful of ‘you can't be serious’ stares, apart from Draco who gave her a weak, almost non-existent smile.

“I know it’s a lot to take in but that’s not the important thing right now, there’s going to be an attack.” Hermione said.

“What do you mean?” Harry asked. “What kind of attack?”

“Here, at Hogwarts, some kind of crazy revenge scheme. Draco knows more about it than I do.”

“You mean they’d tell a traitor about their top secret plans?” Dean said with a smirk.

“No… they’d tell an accomplice.” Ron launched himself at Draco again and the others had to use magic to pry them off one another before they tore each other apart.

“Can’t you control yourself Weasley? Keep off me.” Draco spat, blood trickling from his nose.

Ron snarled but Harry and Ginny held him back, a puffy blue mark forming under one eye.

“Look, we’re going to have to work together for this. Please can we do that for the sake of the greater good?” Hermione asked.

“You think we would want to work with him?” Ron snapped.

“You listen here Ron Weasley!” They all turned to see Luna pointing a finger at Ron forcefully. “This is important and you should be able to work together, if not for Draco then what about for the rest of your friends?” Ron looked almost bashful, it was strange how Luna had that effect on people.

“She’s right.” Neville said, earning an eye roll from Ginny who probably thought that he was just trailing Luna like he always did. “If there’s going to be an attack on Hogwarts then what does it matter? If he’s going to help us and he knows what’s going on then maybe we should just listen. Not saying I like him but they have got a point.” He said.

Hermione didn’t say anything for a moment and let it all sink in. She saw Harry’s weary face and sent him a sympathetic look. He returned it with a sigh.

“Fine. I’ll listen, and I’ll do what I had to, but I don’t think I can get used to the two of you… together. It’s just…” He sighed again and left it at that.

One by one the others all begrudgingly nodded and settled down long enough to listen.

Draco explained their basic plans and how he was supposed to play a part in it and Hermione was impressed at how he managed to keep his mouth shut as they all shot him filthy glares, all but Luna and Neville who seemed to be putting his feelings aside for Luna.

“Well we need to go to McGonagall. She can tell us what we need to do, I’m sure we can get the ministry involved.” Harry said.

“Well it’ll have to be now; they could be here in the morning.” Draco said more calmly than expected.

“So let’s go then. The sooner we sort this out the sooner it’ll all be over.” Seamus said, pulling away from the group and heading for the door.

One by one they filed out and into the hall.

“I knew that there was someone, I just didn’t think it would ever be someone like him.” Ginny said as she walked out of the door.

Harry didn’t bother saying anything back to that, he just followed her out. Ron gave Hermione betrayed looks that make her chest get tight. She didn’t want for it to be like this.

When he left it was just Hermione and Draco left.

“Well that went about as well as expected.” She said, a tear falling from her eye.

Draco brushed it away and pecked her lips ever so gently with his. “You know I think I forgot to say something back there.”

She looked up and into his eyes; hers were so glassy and brown. “What is it? Is it important?”

He smiled. “I meant to say that I love you too.”

She closed her eyes slowly with a little smile. “I know.” She said as she opened them again.

“Well… that is… quite a story.” McGonagall said as she stood in front of the group in a night dress and cap up in the headmaster’s office.

“How are we going to go about it professor?” Hermione asked.

Draco stood to one side of the room as the rest of them, Hermione and Luna included, stood on the other.

McGonagall sighed. “I can't say that I haven’t been expecting this. We’ve been on alert from the ministry for weeks to report any suspicious behaviour.” She said.

“You mean they know about this?” Harry asked.

“Well, no. Not exactly. They know that there are some who still believe in the purity of blood in the magical world and many who evaded capture at the end of the war. It is the latter that they have been searching for. We were afraid that the only way that they would surface would be in the full swing of an attack.” She explained.

“So they’ve been keeping the wanted signs hidden have they?” Ron asked a little rudely.

McGonagall gave his face a quick examine before she answered. “There is no need for widespread panic in the wizarding community, nor is there reason to keep these people in complete hiding else they would never be caught.”

“So what are we supposed to do?” Ginny asked.

“We’re supposed to let them come like they planned.” They all looked at Draco who had been working it out in his head. “Well if the castle is surrounded by the ministry then they rent going to show, are they?” He hissed a little but felt himself calm a little when he looked at Hermione.

“You’re quite right Mr Malfoy, there is little more that can be done in this case. May I ask the rest of you to step outside for a moment; I would like to speak with Mr Malfoy alone.” Draco gulped a little but the rest of them headed out without an argument, perhaps hoping that he would be punished.

The door closed slowly and McGonagall motioned for him to take a seat in front of her desk as she rounded the side and sat behind. His pale skin looked almost translucent in the candlelight.

“Am I going to be expelled days before graduation?” He asked.

McGonagall gave him a slight smile. “Not quite.” He exhaled nervously. “I believe you are right about what must be done. You must go on acting as though nothing has changed, lure them into the castle before we can try to apprehend them.”

“They’ll take me to Azkaban, won't they? For working with them?” He said, his voice defeated and tired.

“I hardly believe that, and nor should you. After all, you have been informing me of minor developments since you found out, which has not been long at all.” Draco looked up, confused.

“What do you mean, this is the first you’re hearing of it… isn’t it?” he said.

She gave him a look and he thought it through. She was… giving him a way out? But why?

McGonagall looked down at him as he thought about what she was doing for him. She could tell that he had changed his allegiances, she knew that from that day she had spoken to him just after the Christmas break. It was very clear why.

Besides, he was a devious child, not an evil one. If it came to it she would swear by oath that he had been following her direction after seeking her guidance over the matter. She knew very well that once she told the ministry of her plan they would not question it.

They wanted most to catch the remaining death eaters who were likely to act out and the only way was to be given a tip off as to their activities. Even if they were only to capture one or two it would be an endeavour well worth a little trickery.

She would send for the train to be ready by mid-morning so that the lower years were gone and she would make sure to protect every last student with her life if it came down to it.

Draco was one of her students and she would not make an exception to this rule for him. She would not let this boy go to Azkaban.

“I will describe what I need you to do for this to work. If you feel you cannot complete the task then we will just have to find another way.” She said.

“I can do it. Whatever you need.” He said.

McGonagall smiled. She was glad that he was finally playing for the team of his choice.

Draco plays his part as he is supposed to, he lures them into a trap and once we have eyes on them, we alert the ministry. If all goes to plan then we won't have to fight them off longer than ten minutes. If you’re in over your head you get yourself out, and remember, they might not look like death eaters to start, they’re using polyjuice. It should wear off as they make their way through the castle, but be aware.

The plan ran over and over in Draco’s head as he waited out in the grounds with Pansy the evening after. His heart pumped in his chest and he needed this to go perfectly. If he had any hope of a normal life after this then it all needed to go well.

It had to go well.

It just had to.

________________

Well, hopefully you liked this chapter. There won't be too many more but i've managed to stretch this out for quite a while. Not sure how long until the next chapter but i have time off at the start of next week and i will try to get it in as soon as possible.

Thanks again for all your support, I wouldn't have taken it so far without all of your reads and comments! Dedicated to you all!

xx

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.1M 46.7K 74
A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One apologetic letter written by Draco will ch...
981 159 29
"I love you too Y/N" Draco said. "But now I dont" I said. . "You dont know anything what i have gone through and what I will go throug...
1.9K 32 40
Embark on a magical adventure with Hermione Granger as she navigates the treacherous path from hatred to love in the enchanting world of Harry Potter...
14.8K 245 86
"Please don't, for one second, ever doubt my love for you. That's the only thing I'm sure of." ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweethear...