THE VACATION: LASHTON

By 1940sluke

ashton and his family decide to go on holiday for his school break, but ashton had no clue that this holiday... More

BLURB
PLAYLIST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN

FOUR

5.3K 276 387
By 1940sluke

:・゚*:・゚a day out *:・゚*:

it was another normal day at the resort for ashton's family. they got up, got dressed, went to the pool/beach for a while, ate and then back to the hotel room.

and meeting with luke's family would happen somewhere along the way.

although, today was slightly different.

the two families arranged to head into town for the day, and have some family blending time.

the two familes had basically become one big one, and ashton could clearly see that they all got along extremely well together.

which was nice, since his family didn't really have any friends, and the only friends he really had were his two idiots-he-called-friends, calum and michael.

ashton stopped thinking about those two bimbos back at home, and snapped back into the reality of the hotel room.

"alright. liz and her family are waiting down at the lobby." his mum stated and the rest of the family nodded in unison.

they made their way to the lobby, and when ashton saw luke, he couldn't help but smile. he noticed that the blonde happened to have this affect on him, but ashton didn't question it.

"hey luke." he grinned with a small wave and luke's smile grew wider, if that was even possible at the moment.

"hey, cutie." the blonde winked and ashton flushed red. he tried to hide it by pushing luke away playfully, but luke had already noticed and was giggiling his ass off.

"shut up, don't start." ashton said, but luke wrapped his arm around his waist and pulled him closer.

"sorry, babe." he smirked and ashton's eyes widened at the name.

"d-don't call me that." he stuttered and luke kissed his cheek so quickly that it took a few seconds for ashton to process what had happened.

he looked down to hide his smile, biting his lip, and luke removed his arm from ashton's waist and went back to his normal persona.

see, luke happened to have two personas around ashton, and he still hadn't been able to figure out why.

one second he was flirty and cocky, and the next he was nerdy and goofy. there was really no inbetween when ashton was around.

"i was just joking, ash." he said, truthfully and ashton smiled at the boy, his blue eyes gazing deep into ashton's ones, and the smaller boy was unable to look away.

"gag." lauren muttered walking past the two teens, and hovered a finger in the inside of her mouth, to symbolise her puking.

the two boys broke apart from the stare and blushed furiously, luke playing with his shirt and ashton twirling his hair (which had become a habit ever since he started this vacation).

"who's up for an afternoon of roaming?" liz cheered, enthusiastically and the rest cheered back a "yeah", fist bumping the air as they did so.

and so the two familes set off to the town and anne and liz already had a list of places they were going to go to.

it was:

one: the port

two: the market

three: the food place (to eat)

and finally: stargazing back at the hotel 

the two mums pointed to the port, and the two dads and teens ( + kids ) made their way to the port.

and it was incredibly pretty.

there was a lighthouse there, built on a small cliff and near it, was a wooden sidewalk, that you stepped on to get a clearer view of the sea.

"it's so pretty." ashton mumbled, looking around him in awe. luke however, gazed at ashton fondly and wasn't even giving one flying fuck about his surroundings.

"yeah. it is pretty." he sighed dreamily, although not exactly referring to the scenery.

ashton looked over at the blonde and giggled when seeing luke staring at him with such a loving look.

he walked up to him and waved a hand in his face, causing luke to jump and flush red.

"y-yeah. the view. thats- thats what i meant. " he chuckled nervously and ashton laughed, whilst holding on to luke's arm and the taller boy tensed at the sudden touch.

"hey, kids! look over here!" luke and ashton's dad yelled, signalling for them to come over.

they rushed their way, and awed when seeing what they were pointing to.

it was a snow white swan, with a stream of pearly baby swans behind her. she looked so graceful and so did the swanlings (?) and ashton was practically melting from the cuteness.

he went to take a closer look, but missed his step and nearly landed in the water, when he felt an arm pull him away.

"careful, curly."

ashton sighed when hearing the familiar voice and chuckled, luke chuckling along. the two completely forgot about the other people there, and when they looked up they were met with the rest of the families' questioning looks.

the two quickly seperated and luke casually whistled, as ashton pretended to dust off his shirt.

anne rolled her eyes, and remembered the next place they were headed to.

"to the market!" she exclaimed and marched off, the others following.

once they were there, ashton began to panic.

it was crowded, and not the kind of crowded that just some areas are packed, but the crowded that there's hardly any space to breath.

now ashton wasn't claustrophobic or anything, and he didn't have anxiety or something along those lines. he just disliked a lot of people crammed in one space.

luke noticed ashton's worried look and bit his lip, stepping closer to the smaller boy.

"ashy- i mean, uh, ash, you okay?" the blonde asked with a concerned tone and ashton nodded his head with a weak smile.

"yeah. just. there's a lot of people, s'all."

luke looked around and then set his gaze on ashton again. "just stay close to me, then you won't get lost, alright?"

ashton nodded and flashed luke a genuine smile. luke smiled back, and turned his head when hearing his dad saying that they should go explore.

ashton gulped, and luke motioned ashton to follow him by nodding his head in the direction his family was.

the smaller boy nodded, and the two made their way through the crowd.

ashton looked around frantically, and made sure luke was always in his eyesight.

he roamed around, sighing in relief when catching a glimpse of the blonde, but suddenly ashton couldn't spot the tall boy anymore.

he scanned the place rapidly, starting to shake a little, because damn. he really didn't like this situation.

what if i'm lost? what if i'm stuck here forever? what if my parents never find me? i'll never see luke again.

ashton's thoughts span in his mind, as he weakly called out luke's name and when no one came, ashton shakily called out his name again.

"l-luke?" he yelled, elongating the vowels.
before he could call out the blonde's name again, someone approached him from behind and ashton jumped slightly.

"i have you, don't worry."

ashton turned and when he was greeted by a pair of gentle blue eyes he let out a happy sigh, absent-mindedly hugging luke tightly.

"woah. alright. easy there." luke chuckled, taken back by ashton's sudden move, but then melted and slowly hugged him back.

"now come on, our parents are waiting outside because the market place was too crowded to roam." luke spoke, sweetly.

ashton nodded and glanced down at luke's hand.

"l-luke?" he asked and luke hummed in response.

"c- can i hold your hand?"

luke snapped his neck towards the smaller boy, eyes wide, because never had he thought that the ashton, would ask to physically hold his hand.

not that he'd thought about it or anything. because he definitely hadn't.

"s-sure. if it makes you feel saf-" and before luke could end his sentence, ashton clasped on to the blonde's hand, and leaned into his arm.

luke smiled fondly at the boy, and gently dragged him out of the market place, ashton grinning when seeing everyone else.

"ashy, sweetie, i'm so sorry, i forgot your hatred of crowded areas." ashton's mum cooed, cupping ashton's cheek and embracing him.

"it's fine mum. luke helped me out." ashton said, and sent a hidden smile at the taller boy. anne looked over at luke and sent him a greatful look.

"thank you, luke."

"no problem, anne."

ashton's mum smiled and then leaned into ashton's ear. "this one's a keeper." she whispered, and ashton rolled his eyes and playfully and softly pushed her away.

the two laughed and after some other exchanges of words throughout the two familes, they walked to the food place.

none of them had had breakfast, except for lauren and harry, so they were all dying of starvation.

they stepped into a local pizza hut, and grabbed their pizza - getting some crayons and kid sheets for lauren and harry (and maybe ashton and luke sneaked two extra ones for themselves) and sat down.

there were a lot of them, so they arranged that the adults sat at one table and the teens + kids sat on their own table.

ashton and luke didn't really mind, because they got to colour and plus they did have to keep an eye on the two youngins.

"hey, ashton, lets split our pizzas." luke said and ashton stopped cutting his slices.

"you mean like share?" ashton chuckled and luke dropped his pizza slice on the plate.

"yeah, that." he responded, chewing his food.

"alright." ashton said simply and they gave each other half of their pizzas.

once they had done that, luke had suggested that they do what couples do when they get married, and intertwine their arms to eat each other's slice.

ashton laughed, but did it, since he thought it'd be funny, but what the two didn't know what that the adults were watching their every move, commentating about how "they are obviously fond of each other." and "look at them, they're adorable."

ashton didn't hear one word, but luke did, and he was pretty good at ignoring it, that was until he heard his mum whisper.

"i think luke might have a crush on ashton."

and that's when luke perked up and his eyes widened.

he didn't have a crush on ashton. did he? no. he didn't.

i mean, sure he hung out with him a lot, and they had fun together, but that's not crushing.

crushing is when you can't stop thinking about them and how perfect they are, and you think every little thing about them is adorable.

crushing is when you can't be around them, because whenever you are you get nervous or blush or get tingly sensations and butterflies.

crushing is when you can't shut the fuck up about that person for one second.

crushing is... what luke's going through right now.

he's going through all those things. the constant thoughts. his small little messages to himself about how perfect ashton is. the blushing and butterflies.

the not shutting the fuck up.

luke was experiencing all those things, and it all started the day he met ashton.

ok. so maybe luke was crushing on the cute wavy haired boy beside him.

"luke? you okay?" ashton asked, ripping luke from his thoughts.

"yeah. i'm fine. just overthinking things." he chuckled, and ashton gave him a knowing look.

"well don't over think, it corrupts the brain." the small boy spoke, bringing his hand up to play with the blonde's hair to try and calm his thinking down.

but luke didn't care about corrupting his brain, all he cared about was how gentle and caring ashton was, as he fiddled with strands of his hair, making luke lean into the touch.

ashton saw how luke was enjoying the "petting" and removed some pieces of hair away from the blonde's face and luke became more and more relaxed with every touch, wanting to just lean in closer and cuddle ashton as he played with his locks.

oh, what he would give for that to happen in real life.

"hey, loverboys, your mums are calling you." lauren spoke up and ashton and luke seperated, flushing furiously once again.

they glanced at their mothers and the two lady's smiled, flashing each other a knowing look.

"we're heading back to the hotel, come on. stargazing time." anne said, getting up from her seat.

luke and ashton gave each other excited looks and jumped up, and soon enough they were back at the hotel.

"let's go to the terrace and we can star gaze there." liz said, and luke's dad came up from behind her.

"i heard tonight is the best night in the whole year to see the stars." he spoke and liz nodded in agreement.

and so the adults sat themselves on the chairs and chatted amongst themselves quietly, gazing and talking about the stars every once and a while.

lauren and harry were practically sleeping on the chairs, and luke and ashton sat themselves far away from the adults, since they were "responsible" enough to stay together.

"i love the night so much." ashton spoke softly, sitting on the edge of the terrace, luke sitting close.

"how come?" luke asked, curiously, throwing a stone down into the sea.

"i dont know. it's just so quiet and peaceful and the darkness is so soothing. and the stars and the moonlight just tie it all up." ashton said, and luke looked at ashton intently as he spoke.

ashton sure did look beautiful in the moonlight.

"sometimes, when i was little, i would sneak out of my bed when i should have been sleeping and just stared out the window. and - this is so stupid." ashton said, laughing quietly.

luke shook his head. "i bet it's not. just go ahead, i won't laugh." he assured, and ashton gave him a small smile, before looking back up at the stars.

"well, i used to wish on the stars." ashton chuckled and shook his head slightly in amusement.

"it's silly, i know."

"well. what did you wish about?" luke asked curiously, and ashton sighed.

"i was, and still kind of am, a hopeless romantic and i used to wish for true love and for a happy ever after. it was the stupidest thing."

"i don't think that's stupid." luke said, truthfully and ashton scoffed.

"i think that's extremely sweet." luke smiled and paused to admire ashton. "almost as sweet as the boy who wished on stars."

ashton looked up to meet luke's eyes and suddenly, out of no where, one of the two teen's favourite band started playing.

"no way." luke muttered and ashton's mouth remained agape.

they both looked down and saw there was an employee using the dj kit to play "favourite record" by fall out boy and they both laughed.

once the giggles died down, luke glanced at the smaller boy and smirked.

he stood up from his place, and ashton watched his every move with a curious eye.

he watched as luke held out his hand with a cocked eyebrow and chuckled.

"what are you doing?" ashton asked, eyeing the hand in front of him.

"inviting you to dance, what does it look like i'm doing?"

the curly boy giggled, but then his face dropped at what the blonde had said.

"oh, no. i-uh- i don't dance." he blurted out and luke let out a (jokey) annoyed huff.

"oh, come on." he said, grabbing ashton's hand and pulling him up. before ashton could say no, he was face to face with luke, and when he saw how close luke was, his breath hitched.

he searched the blue eyes in front of him, and stepped back, with a chuckle.

"you can't slow dance to fall out boy."

luke smirked, and layed his hand on ashton's back, pushing him close, so that their chests were touching.

"watch me."

and with that, luke put his arm around ashton's waist and held his hand up, spinning him around, directing him on where to go.

soon enough, the smaller boy was getting the hand of it and was giggiling away with the blonde, spinning and even doing the classic "making-the-other-fall-and-catching-them-midway" move.

but slowly, patrick stump's voice faded away, and the two gazed at each other with small breaths of laughter.

it was the perfect moment.

they were in each other's arms, face to face, eyes shimmering and the cool breeze blowing, causing ashton's hair to flow dramatically in the wind.

do it now, luke. you're never gonna see him again after the holiday, might as well go for it now.

luke thought, subconsciously smiling when ashton tucked a stray strand of hair behind his ear as luke began to lean in.

his eyes were about to flutter closed, when he heard his mum's voice calling them back, and he immediately looked down.

"well, we should get going." he spoke sadly, and walked away, leaving ashton standing dumbfounded.

did that really just happen? was luke about to kiss him, or was it in his mind? did he want to kiss luke? he sort of did. is that a bad thing?

he shook his head to stop his thoughts and walked back, saying goodbye to the other family, and frowning when seeing luke flash him a weak smile and a small wave.

luke wouldn't do that. he would give a cocky remark and wink before running off.

when having to go back to the hotel room, ashton couldn't go to sleep without thinking about what had happened minutes ago.

did he like luke? because he knows for a fact he would have kissed back if luke leaned in. but that's not right. he just met him, like, five days ago.

ashton forced himself to rest and close his eyes, because right now, he was overthinking way too many things.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

woooah

idk if this is any good or not but um tHANKS FOR 100+ READS OR WHATEVER U KNOW

- ria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.4K 5.4K 21
luke has a hard time talking to people he is not familiar with, but ashton, has no problem with that. (wattpad has erased chapter one for literally n...
17.3K 872 37
"I'm sorry." I walked over to him, knowing I'm the reason he's awake. "Don't be." He smiled and when I stood infront of him, he crossed our fingers t...
1.9M 75.1K 72
What happens when one boy shatters everything you thought you knew about yourself? "I don't like boys. But I like you. Does that make sense?" "No."...
1.9K 63 12
Ashton's managed to evade the public eye for the most part after his turbulent exit from Hollywood years ago, only to be dragged back into the spotli...