THE VACATION: LASHTON

By 1940sluke

ashton and his family decide to go on holiday for his school break, but ashton had no clue that this holiday... More

BLURB
PLAYLIST
ONE
TWO
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN

THREE

5.2K 287 403
By 1940sluke

sort of [not really] important a/n at the end (:

:・゚*:・゚a walk on the beach *:・゚*:

ashton and his family were heading down to the hotel's restaurant. it was a mix of casual and formal dishes, with a view of the sea, and ashton was more than excited to eat.

and see if he could spot luke. although he'd never admit that.

"i'm starving!" lauren yelled, as she held onto her mum's hand. ashton's dad rolled his eyes playfully, and bent down to reach lauren's level.

"well, we're going to go and eat now." he explained and lauren and harry screamed out a "yay" which made the family laugh.

they sat themselves down, choosing a table near the railing so they could get a better view of the ocean.

ashton sat closer to the black fence, so he could take in the panorama of the sea better.

it was absolutely breath taking, the orange sky slowly fading into the purple night, and all you could really see of the sea was the shimmer from the moon.

the boy sat admiring, as his parents went to get their food. his mum always got the kids' ( including ashton's ) food just because she knew their taste better.

and because ashton was too awkward to go up and get it himself.

ashton's dad went to get the drinks, and take a few pictures and ashton stayed with his siblings until his parents returned.

his mum came back first, setting their plates down, the kids muttering "thank yous" and soon dug in, ashton extremely proud of his mum for getting him spaghetti.

"hey, ash?" harry asked, tapping ashton's arm. the curly haired looked over at his brother and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"yeah, hazz?"

"isn't that your blonde friend?" he asked, pointing over at luke and his family, walking into the restaurant.

"yeah, it is." ashton said with a wide smile. "hey, mum, it's liz." he told his mum, excitedly and his mum looked up from her plate and glanced in the direction ashton was pointing to.

"oh, it is!" she exclaimed, throwing her hand in the air, and waving it around.

"liz!" she called out and soon the blonde lady looked her way, with a toothy grin.

"anne!" liz yelled, rushing her way, luke following and waving over to ashton.

ashton waved back with a smile, and giggled when he saw luke stand beside his mum awkwardly, as she hugged anne. (( i legit had to google ashton's mum's name #fakefan ))

ashton's dad came back with a tray of drinks and grinned in shock when seeing luke's family, using his free hand to shake luke's dad's.

"what are you doing standing? sit down!" the boy's dad cheered and luke's family got some spare seats from other tables and sat themselves down, immediately chatting loudly amongst themselves.

luke smiled, and walked over to a spare chair that was already at ashton's table, that luckily, was opposite the shorter boy.

"hey, stranger." the blonde joked, and ashton rolled his eyes. "i see you still love spaghetti." he added, and ashton looked down at his plate.

"of course." he stated with an obvious tone.

"well, i'm a pizza guy, so excuse me." and with that the blonde got up and came back with a steaming hot pizza.

"that looks hot." ashton said, his eyes roaming the pizza. luke sighed and shrugged.

"guess some of my hotness rubbed off on the pizza while i brought it here." luke said, and ashton cocked an eyebrow.

"someone likes themselves." he commented and luke flipped his imaginary hair.

"my mum always says to love yourself before you can love someone else." luke said, lifting his index finger up.

ashton took a bite of his spaghetti, and hummed along. "and are you planning on loving anyone soon?"

luke eyed ashton up and down, before speaking. "no, not yet."

"well, let's hopefully you'll find someone soon." ashton said, truthfully, placing his hand on top of luke's, and the blonde felt his cheeks heat up.

"yeah, hopefully." luke muttered, and ashton went to spin his fork in his plate again.

luke went to bite his pizza, but ashton grimaced when seeing luke chew with his mouth open.

"close your mouth, luke." he said, disgusted and luke raised a brow, leaning over the table, chewing in ashton's face.

the smaller boy frowned, and squealed when feeling spit hit his lip.

"ew luke!" he yelled, but not loud enough for their parents to hear over their loud blabbering.

"your spit hit my lip!"

luke chuckled, and gulped down his pizza.

"want me to kiss it better?" he said, and ashton choked on air, his cheeks flushing bright pink.

"n-no thank you." he stuttered out and luke laughed.

"hey, mind if i try your spaghetti?" he asked, to change the subject which he could tell was making ashton flustered.

the smaller boy nodded, and luke clapped. "alright, let's lady and the tramp this shit."

"luke! there are children next to me!"

"oops! sorry." he said, and ashton sent him a narrow-eyed glare.

"it slipped!" the blonde added, raising his hands up in defense, making ashton roll his eyes.

"and we're not "lady and the tramp"-ing anything." the small boy said, and luke pouted.

"you're no fun."

"just eat it." ashton said, holding up his fork, and luke smiled before leaning in and eating the pasta off the boy's fork.

"mmm." luke grinned, and ashton giggled.

"that's fuc- i mean. that's good."

the boys spent the rest of the dinner giggiling and laughing, as their parents talked amongst themselves, lauren and harry playing rock-paper-scissors and eye spy.

"hey, boys?" ashton's mum said, and luke and ashton looked her way.

"why don't you guys walk around? your dad has cards and we're gonna play them, so it might get boring. unless you wanna play." she explained and the two boys glanced at each other.

"no thanks, mum." ashton replied and luke shook his head as an answer. the adults nodded and turned back to talk, as the two teens got up and walked away from the restaurant.

"it's like our mums really want us to be alone a lot." luke commented and ashton pushed him away.

"don't get any ideas, blondie."

"what ideas? you underestimate me, curly." luke cried out in defense, as ashton laughed.

and for some reason, luke felt ten times happier than before when he heard the smaller boy's giggle.

the two walked down the path to the beach, and luke couldn't help but keep glancing at ashton, and smile when seeing him admire his surroundings.

he noticed that ashton did that a lot.

"you like staring around, don't you?" luke asked, and ashton snapped out of his gaze.

"huh? oh, yeah. it's nice. i just like seeing all the things around me. like, not many people look at their surroundings or where they're in, and i feel like it's important to take a look at your area. makes you get a better feel of the place." ashton said, and luke admired him fondly.

"i'm sorry. i'm rambling." ashton added shyly, and luke shook his head.

"no, no. i like it when you ramble. it's cute." luke said, truthfully, and ashton blushed.

"now. come on." the blonde smirked, nudging ashton's arm. "last one to the beach is a slimy noodle!" luke yelled, and ran away from ashton.

"hey, no fair!" the smaller boy cried out, rushing to catch up with luke.

"come here, you bastard!" he shouted, and once he was behind the blonde, he jumped on the taller boy's back, throwing him out of balance, causing them to fall in the sand.

"fuck, ashton!" luke let out when he dropped to the ground. he rubbed his head, and looked up, meeting a pair of hazel eyes, staring directly at him.

"woah." the blonde mumbled in amazment - because, let's face it, ashton's eyes were amazing - and ashton giggled softly, with a blush.

the two stared at each other for what felt like forever, ashton searching luke's beautiful blue ones, and luke gazing into ashton's shimmering hazel ones.

luke was so lost in his daze, that he didn't see ashton get a handful of sand and throw it in luke's hair, snapping the boy out of his thoughts.

"aw, you dìck!" he shouted, and ashton climbed off him with a giggle, running away, as luke followed him.

"i hate you." luke huffed, and ashton gave a smug look. "no, you don't."

the blonde stared at him with a grumpy face - which looked like one of a toddler's - but soon gave in.

"ok. fine."

ashton cheered, jumping up whilst clapping his hands. luke smiled, and watched as the smaller boy walked off.

"hey, ash." he spoke, and the smaller boy turned, and luke felt his heart leap when ashton's hazel eyes met his all of a sudden.

"now, before you criticise me, i don't think this would be a walk on the beach, if we don't at least hold hands. at least." luke grinned and ashton giggled.

"fat chance, wonderboy." ashton said, with a smirk, and luke frowned.

"hey, instead of going all hercules on me, think of the chance's feelings, before calling it fat."

"you're so annoying." the smaller boy chuckled.

"so are you. but you're a more cute form of annoying, i guess."

before ashton could reply to the comment, he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket, and he went to reach it with hot cheeks.

"my mum texted that i should get back to the restaurant. " ashton said, almost sadly.

"oh well. we have a lot more time to be idiots." luke grinned, and ashton involuntary smiled when seeing luke's eyes shine with happiness.

"true. true. that means a lot of hearing you try to seduce me with flirty comments."

"don't act like you don't like it." luke winked and ashton rolled his eyes.

the two then walked back to the restaurant, giggiling and joking along the way, and when the two familes said their goodbyes, ashton felt almost sad to see luke go.

sure, he'd probably see him tomorrow, but he wouldn't mind cuddling with luke and falling asleep in his arms.

and that's when ashton realised that what he was thinking wasn't exactly considered a platonic thing to do, but just because ashton was thinking that didn't mean he liked luke.

he had only met him for two days, and crushes don't form that quickly.

do they?

ashton didn't have the slightest clue, but what he did know was that he definitely dreamt of luke's sapphire eyes, and wide smile that night, in his hotel room.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・

i still have major writer's block for phone talk, like literally nO ideas, so you guys are gonna have to bare with me for a while ):

-ria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 75.1K 72
What happens when one boy shatters everything you thought you knew about yourself? "I don't like boys. But I like you. Does that make sense?" "No."...
3.3K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...
85.5K 3.9K 21
"Luke, I have a boyfriend!" "What!? Who?" "His name is Michael." "Where did you meet him?" "I met him online." ---------- [Warnings: boyxboy, swearin...
131K 7.7K 37
❝ I loved what we had. Sneaking behind everyone's backs, sharing secret kisses and something occasional whenever we were alone - it was everything to...