My bestfriend from childhood...

By Cactupus_101

Due to the nature of her parent's career, Kim finds herself forced to move into her mum's best friends/neighb... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Editing page-breaker
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chaoter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Taking time off
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Mending Wounds

Chapter Eleven

11.8K 214 35
By Cactupus_101

I was happy that my parents came back into town, but I wasn't that excited that they did. It was like this every time, they'd come back into town to spend time with me but then it turns out that their company just happens that their company is holding a party or event in their time of vest so we all have to go.
This time really wasn't any different. We had lunch together after picking them up from their airport, where they announced that we are going to a charity event tonight, then we drove home for them to get some rest and to get ready for the party.

"Did you choose what you want to wear tonight?" My mum asked as she walked into the kitchen.

I was sitting on the dinning table doing my homework.

I shook my head "Not yet. I got caught up with homework and my due assignment"

"I already got you something" she smiled as she took a seat next to me "How's school going" she asked.

"It's going fine" I told her "As and Bs"

"That's good" she said "Grades are great and all but how's school in general. Are people nice to you there and what about your friends? I'd like to meet a few before we leave"

"You met Kyle" I told her.

"Aside from that" she said.

"My friends don't go to my school" I told her "They have their plans for the weekend. Maybe next time when you visit again"

"You can change you mind you know" she said "You still have time to come with us to England and go to school there instead"

"Yeah, but for how long before you move again and I have to re-switch schools and be the new kid all over again?" I asked "Kyle and his mum have been good to me, and I wouldn't have this any other way. I do miss you guys, but moving around the world while studying won't help me with my grade nor with making friends"

"You've always been wiser than your own parents" she sighed.

"Tell me about it" I smiled at her.

"How are things between you and Kyle?" She asked "Is he being a good boyfriend and all. Girls should be treated like queens and queens only, nothing less than that"

I let out a small chuckle "Kyle is not my boyfriend" I said.

"I didn't know that you two broke up?" She said confused "You two looked fine during lunch"

"We never dated" I told her "I mean yes, I have a boyfriend, but it's not him. My boyfriend is Luke"

"Oh" she said "I always thought that things would bring you two together at some point"

I shook my head "His friendship is more important than a relationship. There's nothing on earth that would make me risk losing what I have with him"

"Well is Luke treating you like you should?" She asked "How did you two meet"

"He doesn't go to my school" I said against to let it sink it "We actually met during a run. I met him and my new friends while jogging over to the next town. He's wonderful"

She smiled then patted my should "Why don't you go get ready. We'll be leaving in an hour or so. I left your dress on your bed upstairs"

I gathered my things before making my way up to Kyle's room. He was in the bathroom showering, so I took the opportunity to get changed before he walks in.

I slipped on the black dress on before standing on front of the mirror to admire dress. The cap sleeve dress hugged my chest and waist perfectly before flaring down at my hips to my ankles and opens up mid thigh. No matter how beautiful the dress was, I couldn't help not to feel slight self conscious about my collarbone and the top of my chest showing.

Deciding that my hair would be better off left alone, I let it down my back with my usual everyday make up that consisted of eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow, and blush.

"Kimberley, why the fuck is my door locked" Kyle asked as he tried to open the door before knocking.

"Sorry" I called as I made my way to the door and unlocked it "I was changing"

When I opened door, Kyle was dressed in a black shirt and shorts while he held his black slacks in his hands. His eyes instantly fell on my dress.

"You looked... stunning" he said "That's new"

"Thank you" I said before moving to his dressed to pick out a necktie "A gift from my mum"

"That's nice" he said.

I pulled out the maroon necktie out of his dresser while he slipped on his jeans and tucked in his shirt.

"Thanks" he mumbled as I placed the tie around his neck and started to loop it.

"You don't seem to be that excited that your parents are here" he said.

I shrugged "It's always the same" I told him "They'll come into town for a party, then they'd leave a few days later. When they're here, they'd spend most of the time with working instead of spending it with me.

"I don't mind though" I told him "You know how it is during summer break. How you, your mum and I go to where ever they are and spend the break traveling when my parents are actually on a break from work"
He smiled "Yeah" I said "I hope that doesn't change when we get to college. I hope you're not too tired of me by then"

I smiled back at him as I finished ting on the neck tie and tugged to tighten it "I always be here. Nothing is going to change at all" I told him "I'd never get tired of your ass no matter how many times I say I am"
His eyes grew soften for a second before he stared to stroke my cheek ever so gently nothing but the words that his eyes spoke to mine. Words that he did not have to tell me.

My chest tightened as he eyes fell on my lips. He pushed back my hair before reached down to catch my lips with his. In panic, I tugged onto his necktie accidentally choking him in the process.

He pulled away and started coughing "What the fuck" he said coughing "Are you trying to kill me?"

Instead of letting things become awkward, I burst into laughter at as he coughed and tried to catch his breath.

"You're an asshole" he said as he sat on the bed.

"I only befriend people that are like me" I told him "Which makes you an asshole as well"

"I never said anything otherwise" he said.

It wasn't any different from any other event. We walked into the hall smiling and saying every single person my mum and dad stopped to greet and have a brief conversation with, then we sat down on a table together before they got up to talk to some more people.

"Dance with me" Kyle leaned down and whispered into my ear "I am bored out of my mind and would like to do something fun. Would you please entertain me by dancing with me?"

I turned to him smiling "They're literally only playing slow songs, it's a charity event. No one dances here"
He pointed at a couple dancing alone in the middle "Where one goes, others will follow" he said before tugging on my hand.

I let out a small laugh as I followed him to where the couples where dancing. A few more joined us on the way. Kyle suddenly came to a halt and pulled me into his chest with a smile that never left his face as he placed his hands on my waist.

I wrapped my arm around his neck "Why are smiling like an idiot today?" I asked.
"Many reasons" he smiled "The main one is that we are no longer fighting and the second one is that you're not leaving"

"My mum asked me that today" I told her "She asked me if I want to go back with them.

He watched me waiting for an answer.

"I'm not leaving. At least not yet" I reassured him.

"Or ever" he corrected as pulling me closer to him.

He leaned his chain on the top of my head "Promise that things won't change between" he mumbled "That you won't stop hanging out with me because you're too busy with him, or you would stop hanging with me because he doesn't like you being around"

I tilted my head back "You're being insecure?" I told him "Who are you and what have you done to my arrogant best friend?"

"I'm being serious here" he said.

"You think I could just leave you after all this time? You think I can just stop hanging out or talking to you because another guy told me not too?" I asked "Boyfriend or not? No guy tells me that I can and cannot do. You already know that, Kyle. If you yourself won't give me a reason to leave, I would never do that"

"Promise?" He said.

"How many time are we going to do this. I promised you and I will promise you a million time in advance I won't leave you for anyone" I told him "We are going to carry out with our future just as we planned. When we are in our 70's and all of our kids grew up, we will have neighboring ranches in front the most beautiful lake with dozen of dogs and puppies"

He gave me a nod "Okay"

"You're going to ask me this again tomorrow aren't you?" I said grinning "And I will have to repeat this whole speech again"

He nodded again "Most probably" he said with a small smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 65 33
Erica and Liam are only 11 or 12 when they decided they want to be 'girlfriend and boyfriend.' When they both decide to do this, they both know that...
74 0 10
A new girl moving in and needs help to find a class and becomes friends w this girl, she shows her the friends she has at her school and than meets t...
814 25 17
Kyle has always lived inside a glass closet. He was gay and proud of it. But what will happen when an old lover tries to worm his way back into his l...
16.5K 261 22
Two besties join influencer city but find love along the way, what happens when old flings get in the way