Saved by an Angel (a Castiel...

By black_smoke_angel

When an unknown force pulls Kristena Singer and her older brother, Dean from Hell, they come face to face wit... More

Saved by an Angel (a Castiel love story)
Chapter 2: Can you hear me?
chapter 3: What I Witnessed
Chapter 4: ...Bastard...
Chapter 5: Professor Cas
Chapter 6: Sooooooo Busted (damn)
Chapter 7: Power Up
Chapter 8: Make a Wish
Chapter 9: Graceless
Chapter 10: Mind Meld
Chapter 11: Coffee!!
Chapter 12: Give Me a Break
Chapter 13: Supernatural-the Book!
Chapter 14: Broken
Chapter 15: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 16: Brainwashed
Chapter 17: The End?
Chapter 18: All On My Own
Author Note
Chapter 20: We've had this Conversation
Chapter 21: I'll do What I Want
Chapter 22: This is Awkward...
Chapter 23: Memory
Chapter 24: I Don't Get Holidays
Chapter 25: Dying and Still Kicking Ass
Chapter 26: Death is on My Side
Chapter 27: Finale

Chapter 19: Threats and a Pep Talk

22.8K 510 202
By black_smoke_angel

~Kristy's POV:

I come back to my father with great news, and receive bad news instead. Sam and Dean broke up. Like, for good. I was just waiting....

I'm too injured to go chasing after Dean, who'll no doubt send me back. So instead, I track down Sam after dutifully making sure dad is comfortable at home. I'm worried about him, horribly worried. But I have this bad feeling for Sam too.

I use Sam's GPS and track him down to a small town only a few hours out of Sioux Falls. My only problem is that driving is extremely uncomfortable with the war wound in my side. The entire ride is torture, but totally worth it when I track Sammy down to a little diner. I could use some food.

As soon as I walk through the door, I see him bussing tables. I bite my lip to keep from addressing him. Instead, I turn a bright smile to the hostess leading me to my table-which isn't too far from where Sam is cleaning up.

Sister alert-don't turn around, I send the thought towards him without looking.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see him whirl around and look at me. I don't acknowledge him, just thank the hostess as she hands me a menu.

Can you hear me? he sends back tentatively.

Loud and clear, little brother.

I send a quick look in his direction and he quickly goes back to stacking dishes in a gray plastic tub and wiping down the tables. As he's turning around, I see a crack in the tub and with my mind, I pull it open, then jump out of my seat just in time to help him catch the falling dishes.

"When do you get off?" I whisper under my breath as we quickly control the chaos.

"Fifteen minutes. I'll go to your table," he replies a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

I give him a slight nod, grinning up at him and climb to my feet, only to wince at the pull in my stitches. Too many theatrics for my convalescing ass.

"Are you okay, Kr - I mean...miss?"

I turn the grin trying to spread across my face into a grimace.

"Uh yeah, I'm alright."

I'll tell you about it later.

With one last look, Sam goes off and I climb back into my booth. The chick behind the bar glares at me, but I pretend to not see, just get ready to order as my waiter comes up to my table.

Sam's POV:

Derek, Kristena's waiter, is just arriving to her table as I'm taking the dirty dishes to the kitchen to be washed. I leave the kitchen to go collect the glasses off the bar. I feel Kristena watching me, her expression most likely its usual cool observation.

"Do you know that girl, Nick?" the girl behind the bar, Jenny, asks.

I look behind me to where she's glaring, already knowing it'll be Kristena.

"Uh sorta. She, uh, works with my brother."

"The hunter?" she asks, wrinkling her nose.

"Sarah's cool, kinda an old family friend. I've known her forever."

"So you guys must be close..."

I blush, looking back at Kristy who winks at me, obviously listening to the conversation.

"You could say that I guess..." I mutter, feeling myself flush.

I stack the glasses as fast as I can without breaking them. Jenny's been trying to get a date with me for a while, but I always find an excuse. Kristy is the perfect excuse for tonight.

"So are you doing anything with her after this shift...?"

"Yeah, I guess I'll hang out with her and catch up, see how things are going. Her dad just got into an accident and he's in a wheelchair."

"Oh..." Jenny says, looking back at Kristy over my shouder as I wipe down the bar, "shouldn't she be home taking care of him then?"

I swallow a grin.

"Her dad is pretty good at taking care of himself."

She makes a small 'humph' sound, but before she can continue, someone takes a seat at the bar and she's forced to go take care of him. I retreat to the kitchen, where I drop off the dishes, and then my shift is over. I head out into the dining room, pulling my apron off.

Kristy senses me coming and stands up to hug me. I pull her into my arms, surprised by how much I've missed her. Kristy isn't always someone that's easy to get close to, but once you do, she's the sweetest person, and the best friend you could ever have.

I squeeze her, but she winces and wiggles a little and beneath her shirt, I feel the rough catch of stitches.

"What happened?" I ask, immediately releasing her.

"Werewolf," she answers simply.

We slide into the booth across from each other.

"So explain to me why you decided to leave Deany-boy alone during the freaking Apocolypse?"

I sigh, looking down at my hands folding on the table top awkwardly. She raises an eyebrow at me, taking a bite of pasta without looking away.

"Look, it was pretty clear that it just wasn't working with us. Dean doesn't trust me anymore. I don't trust me anymore. You shouldn't either," I add when she rolls her eyes.

"Sam, you are a puppy. You know that? One little mistake and you think you're banished to the dog house."

I stare at her. Kristy has always had the strangest analogies.

"Don't give me the confused puppy face," she mutters, taking another bite of pasta, "you, sir, are a healing puppy. I told you, you made a mistake. We all make mistakes."

"Yeah, mistakes, not the freaking Apocolypse," I argue.

She holds up a hand, giving me an irritated look.

"I'm not here to fight Sam. I'm here because I'm staying with you."

"What? Shouldn't you be out helping Dean and working cases?"

"Dad agrees with me. Someone has to watch out for you-and not because either of us thinks you're going on a demon blood high again either. Sam, I have a really bad feeling in my gut."

I look up at her. I can tell, just by looking at her eyes, that she's being completely sincere. That means that Kristy has some sort of premonition and that's not something to ignore. Reluctantly, I nod.

"I have an apartment, you can stay with me there."

It's not as if we haven't slept or stayed together before.

"Thanks," she replies with a light grin, "but I got the place across from yours on my way here. I'm a good stalker."

Her voice is pleased as she says this and it would worry me if it weren't for the fact that this particular skill comes in handy in our family.

"Anyway," she continues, then stops and frowns, "you need a person."

"What?" I ask confused.

"A person. You know, like, a girlfriend, a soulmate?"

I just stare at her. Then I burst out laughing.

"You're kidding me right?"

She frowns, looking vaguely offended.

"Not this time."

"Kristy, my girlfriend was Jessica," I say, feeling slight pang in my heart, "besides, love doesn't really happen for hunters."

She presses her lips together, looking like she really wants to say something but is holding it back.

"Speaking of," I say trying to change the subject, "how's Cas?"

Her cheeks immediately turn pink and she looks back at her half eaten pasta. I raise my eyebrows.

"Did something happen between you two?"

"What? No. Why would you think that?" she asks in her high pitched 'panic voice'.

"Well for starters your about as red as that tomato on your plate."

She looks down at the fruit in question looking horrified.

"It's not as if anything big happened..."

"Like sex?" I ask.

She gives me a dull look.

"Yes, like sex. He just, you know, stitched me up...while I was in a bra...no biggy, right?"

"Oh man, Kris," I say laughing, "you got it bad."

"Oh shut up, short bus," she replies, sticking her tongue out at me embarassed.

We take our respective cars back to our apartment complex, but instead of going to hers, she goes with me to my apartment. We sit at the table for hours talking about everything. I think she knew that I needed to talk because she didn't censor anything or why away from any topics.

In fact, she spoke very little in comparison to how much I did. Every once in a while, she would add in some advice or a comment, but was otherwise quiet. It was nice to finally talk about everything without getting yelled at for be sentimental. It's almost 2 AM when we're finally done. With a last hug, she leaves, telling me the door is open and she's right across the hall. Somehow, that makes me feel a lot better.

Kristy's POV:

When I get to my room, I quickly take a shower and climb into bed, my still healing wound aching. I'm glad I found Sam, the feeling in my gut just keeps getting worse and worse. Talking to him helped a little, but I'm still wary of what's to come.

With these thoughts in mind, I turn out the light and fall asleep.

It's dark and I mean completely dark. I can't see a thing and it's hot. Very, very hot. No way this is hell. It's very bright in hell so that you can see what they're doing to you.

"Okay, this is a dream..." I say to myself.

The dim flourescence of a factory light comes on a few yards from me. A girl is standing beneath the spotlight, her head bowed so that her hair is covering her face and hidden in shadow. She's wearing a leather jacket, a shirt stained red with blood, torn and dirty jeans, and a pair of boots. A chill runs down my spine as I step closer.

"Who are you supposed to be?" I ask.

The girl looks up. Her eyes are wide and terrified. Her eyes switch from green to violet in abrupt switches, like a grainy movie flashing with two different scenes. There's blood coming down her face from her head and nose. Her mouth is open in a silent scream. I gasp and back away at the image of myself, accidently tripping and falling.

The image of myself melts away and reforms as a man I've never seen before. I stare up at the person in confusion. Who...? The it hits me. Lucifer.

"Kristena, isn't it?" he asks conversationally.

I nod, unable to find my voice. I don't want to say anything...but Lucifer looks...rough, like he's slowly self destructing. Maybe he is. I have no clue.

"What do you want?" I ask.

He holds his arms out in a casual gesture.

"Not much, really, at least not from you."

I frown, slowly climbing to my feet.

"I'm pretty sure you're not just here for conversation, so why are you here?"

He looks at me for a long, unnerving moment before answering.

"I want you to deliver a message to Sam for me."

Pain explodes throughout my body, radiating from my hip and travelling down my leg and up into my side. I scream, feeling something deeper and a lot more agonizing searing into something unseen, something that isn't physical.

"I still own your soul," he says.

I grit my teeth, feeling something that wasn't pain rising to the surface. Willingly, I let it take over.

"Yeah?" she says, "Well I have a message for you."

Her hand shoots out and grabs Lucifers arm and then her foot made contact where the sun don't shine. Despite this being a dream, Lucifer doubled over anyway. She stood over him, her eyes deeper violet than before.

"I'm Angelique and you do not own me."

Then she kicked him out of our dream with our mind.

My eyes snap open and I gasp. Then I grimace. My hip is killing me. I pull up the edge of my sleeping shirt to reveal the red and angry satanic symbol that, before now, has just been a nasty scar. But now its inflamed and I know exactly what that means. My soul is damned again.

Swallowing a sob, I jump out of bed, meaning to get the first aid kit.

"Kristena, what is it?"

I whirl in surprise.

"Cas?" I ask, feeling my eyes burn with tears.

"Yes, I'm here. What happened?"

Without answering, I run into his arms, feeling the tears fall.

"I'm going to hell," I cry into his chest.

"Why would you think that?" he asks.

I yank up the edge of my shirt to show him the burn mark in my side. He looks at it carefully, then back up at me.

"I'm unfamiliar with this symbol, but I'm sure there's a way to reverse it."

He stands up straight again, his eyes storming with several emotions that I'm too upset to seperate. Gently, he sets a hand against my cheek and, with his thumb, wipes my tears away.

"You're going to be okay," he tells me.

I hug him, enjoying the strength and wamrth of his embrace.

"Thank you Cas," I whisper.

I feel him smile down at me.

"Aw, how sweet," a voice sneers from behind me.

Cas and I turn to see Zachariah behind us.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"Oh, I just followed the sound light of a damned soul and it led me here."

I glare at him.

"What do you want Zachariah? You don't need me to host an angel in body or anything like that."

He laughs.

"Dean's not the only important piece in this chess game, honey. You are needed to win too."

"How? What can I do?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

"You have no idea how powerful you really are," Zachariah tells me, "there's just the small problem of that wall in your head. It's keeping you from reaching your full potential. Michael can't take on Lucifer alone. Lucifer has his demons. Michael needs you to incapacitate both Lucifer and his demons."

I snort. Yeah, great, I'm putting my ass on the line just to have Michael get all the credit. I thought Michael was this 'all powerful archangel' or something. He should not need my help.

"Thanks, but I'm not interested," I tell him.

"You have no clue. Ms.Singer, you could twist reality to your will, extend life, become essentially immortal-but with a soul. You could-"

"I'll keep that in mind," I cut him off, then send his ass back to heaven with my mind.

Castiel looks over at me and grins.

"You've gotten strong," he says, pulling me into his arms, "I'm so proud of you."

Those five words are enough to lift my soul from the dark pits of hell where it seems like it's already fallen.

A/N: Boom! Mind blowing, right? Anyway, as promised, here is the teaser for My World and Hers (a Sam Winchester Love Story):

<Keira's POV>

I open my eyes to darkness. I can barely see, but I notice several things. First, it's cold. Second, my head is killing me. Third, I am soaking wet. And fourth, I'm not alone. I can...feel someone coming closer. I don't know if they can see me, but I'm immediately wary.

I scramble to my feet, my eyes scanning the vague shapes in front of me. There's slight movement from a tall shape that I guess to be a tree. That's all the indication I need. I turn and take off in the opposite direction.

This may sound fun or exciting, trust me it's not. My heart is beating out of my chest, I keep stumbling from my dizzy head, and things keep appearing out of the darkness and mist. I trip up and fall down an embankment, hitting hard objects and sharp points as I fall. I land with a resounding 'thump'.

I'm too stunned for a second to move. The air was pushed right out of my lungs and I'm about ready to puke. Slowly, painfully, I roll onto my side, and then my stomach, pushing myself to a position on my hands and knees.

Someone, kicks me in the stomach and sends me flying several feet. I skid through what feels like leaves before coming to a painful stop. What is happening? My mind is spinning with confusion.

"You must be important if the angels brought you here," someone growls at me from above.

I blink up at the face of someone I don't recognize and scream. I don't scream because the guy has what looks like a bullet whole in his head or because of the blood coating his hands. I scream because when I look at him, his eyes are solid black.

The back of his hand connects with the side of my face so hard, I fall down. I groan, clutching my aching jaw in my hand. Did he break my jaw? What the heck is strong enough to break my jaw?

"I'm going to enjoy torturing you."

Excuse me? Did I just hear him say he's going to torture me? And enjoy it?

As I'm contemplating my apparent destruction, there's a sound and then the guys body falls to the ground right next to me. There's electricity and sparks coming from his body. Letting out a short shriek, I back pedal from the dead body. Then I realize that I'm still not alone. Two men stand above me, looking as thoroughly confused as I am.

One man is tall and the other one is really tall. The shorter of the two is clutching a knife in his hand that's cloaked in blood. What have I gotten myself into?

 <Sam's POV>

Dean and I were hunting a demon in the forest at 12:00 when all three of us stumbled upon a girl. We took her back to the motel, where she has not taken her cautious gaze off Dean the entier time. We were all silent on the car ride to the motel and the only contact we had with her was when we told her it would be best if she came with us.

"So what the hell were you doing in a forest in the middle of the night?" Dean asks.

She doesn't stop looking at Dean, her eyes focused mainly on his hands.

"Dean, she's not going to answer until you get rid of the knife."

"And the gun," she adds, looking at him pointedly.

Dean disarms, setting the two weapons down on the TV stand. With one last carefuly look at him, she turns her gaze to me. I open my mouth to ask her something, but when our eyes meet, I completely forget what I was about to ask. Dean helpfully takes over.

"Let's start with the basics. What's your name?"

Mercifully, she looks away from me to Dean. I shut my mouth in shame. What is wrong with me?

"Keira," she replies shortly.

"Keira...."

She shrugs, folding a leg up onto her chair and gripping her ankle.

"Okay, what were you doing in the forest?"

She opens her mouth as if to answer, then stops and shuts it, her brow furrowing.

"I don't know."

"Did something call you there?" I ask thinking Angels.

She shakes her head.

"Keira, do you live here?"

She swallows, but when instead of answering Dean, she looks at me, panic and fear filling her eyes.

"I have no idea. I-I can't remember anything."

"You can't remember where your from? How old you are?"

"I'm 22...I think."

That makes her only a couple years younger than me. Dean and I exchange glances. A lot of wierd things happen to us, but this definitely classifies as wierder than usual.

"Alright," I say, "why don't you go get cleaned up while Dean and I figure out the over night situation."

"Over night situation?" Keira asks.

"You said yourself you have no where to go. You can stay with us for the night."

"Okay, but before I go, I want to know what the thing in the forest was."

"What thing?"

"The one with the black eyes that attacked me."

"Why don't we talk about it after your shower?"

She nods and walks off to the shower. I can't help but notice as she drifts past me the way she moves. She's incredibly graceful, even when she looks like she just went through a mud tornado.

The water turns on a couple seconds later and then the sound of the curtain sliding open then closed. As soon as he's sure she can't hear us, Dean turns to me.

"You don't believe this do you?"

"Dean, there is no way that she's not human. Did you see her back there? And it's not as if she knew who we were."

"Yeah, but all this crap about her 'not remembering anything'? Sounds like a big steaming pile of crap to me, Sam."

"I don't know. I just know that that demon wanted to kill her for a reason and she needs our help."

"Fine, but she's taking your bed, since you were making googly eyes at her."

I roll my eyes, but I don't deny it. Instead, I go sifting through my suitcase for a clean T-shirt for her to borrow. When I hear the water turn off, I knock on the door.

"Yeah?" she calls.

"Keira, it's me, I have something for you to sleep in."

The door cracks open and, looking away, I hold out the T-shirt for her to take.

"I never caught your name," she says after taking it.

"It's Sam," I answer.

"Thanks Sam," she mutters back softly, almost shyly.

"No problem," I reply and then she closes the door.

Only a couple seconds later, she exits, hugging her arms to herself in my T-shirt. It's way too large for her, ending just above her knees, but I can tell she's not wearing any pants. Clean looking and smelling, Keira is even more stunning then before. Her eyes are a dark, shy green that's goes really well with her long dark hair and fair complexion. Her skin is smooth and unmarked, and when she grins over at me, somewhat awkwardly, her teeth are straight and pearly white. She looks up at me from beneath long dark lashes.

"Thanks for the shirt Sam," she mutters quietly.

"Yeah, any time," I answer, fighting a blush.

She carefully sits in the chair she'd been previously occupying, obviously trying not to reveal more than absolutely necessary.

"So, that thing in the forest?" she asks.

Dean and I exchange looks. It's so late to be doing a 'the truth is out there' speech and this girl has been through enough already.

"Why don't we talk about it tomorrow. You look beat," I evade.

She opens her mouth as if to argue, but closes it and nods reluctantly.

"Alright. Where am I sleeping?" she asks pushing to her feet.

I point to my bed-the one nearest the door.

"Go ahead and take my bed. I'll take the floor."

"Are you sure?" she asks, considering my bed warily.

"Yeah," I say containing a laugh, "I'm good with the floor."

She strolls over to my bed, climbs in, and falls asleep within five minutes. Dean quickly follows suit.

Last A/N: So there's your teaser, I hope you guys liked it. I've been stressing over it for days. It took me forever to write, I was so worried about making it good enough for you guys. Anyway, as always please leave a comment and tell me what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 103 32
Castiel has been sent by Heaven to be your guardian angel. He watches over you, but he realises that he is watching you a lot more than he should. He...
2.3K 84 20
He was alone in the world, he was on the run from his past, well... of the past he could only remember. That's until he's saved by the Winchester br...
27.7K 1.4K 28
Dean goes blind while on a hunting trip. Dean is trying to cope with losing his sight and his job. He tries to fight with his lost sense, but it jus...
2.3K 31 17
My name is Angel, well that's what the Winchester brothers call me anyways. At first Dean and Sam thought I was a monster and hunted me but now that...