Outside The Lines [boyxboy]

By SkeneKidz

Sarcastic Theo is just trying to get through his senior year of high school with his sister Thalia and his be... More

Outside The Lines [boyxboy]
Outside The Lines {2}
Outside The Lines {3}
Outside The Lines {4}
Outside The Lines {5}
Outside The Lines {7}
Outside The Lines {8}
Outside The Lines {9}
Outside The Lines {10}
Outside The Lines {11}
Outside The Lines {12}
Outside The Lines {13}
Outside The Lines {14}
Outside The Lines {15}
Outside The Lines {16}
Outside The Lines {17}
Outside The Lines {18}
Outside The Lines {19}
Outside The Lines {20}
Outside The Lines {21}
Outside The Lines {22}
Outside The Lines {23} END

Outside The Lines {6}

62.8K 2.8K 1.9K
By SkeneKidz

                “What?” I cried in shock.

                “Dinner. You know, you eat it after lunch,” dad said.

                “I know what dinner is!” I said angrily.

                Dimitri chuckled. “Let me just call my mom and make sure she’s okay with you. If you’re sure, that is.”

                “Of course I’m sure,” dad said, and mom nodded with a polite smile.

                Dimitri pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number, holding the phone to his ear. I could faintly hear it ringing, and then the sound of a feminine voice answering.

                “Mother, I’ve been invited to dinner at a friend’s house. Is it alright if I stay?” he asked. He paused as she spoke and nodded to himself. “Well, I’m sure father dearest is more than capable of getting Galen to soccer practice tonight.” His mom said something and Dimitri frowned. “Ah, yes, well, I wouldn’t be too pleased with Galen if he decided to play with my cat’s tail. My precious little Hugo wouldn’t be too pleased, either. So tell dad to keep an eye on both of them.” He nodded to himself. “Alright then, thank you mother. I’ll see you when I get home.”

                He hung up his phone and smirked over at me before glancing at dad. “My mother said that I can stay for dinner.”

                “Galen is your brother, right?” Thalia asked curiously.

                Dimitri sighed and nodded. “Yes, and while I do love that wonderful little child, he enjoys yanking on my cat’s tail when I’m not home. Needless to say, my cat despises the experience.”

                “How old is your brother?” Thalia asked.

                “Galen is seven,” Dimitri said.

                “I’m going to go start dinner. Thalia, feel free to go hang out in the basement with Dimitri. Theo, I give Thalia permission to cause you physical damage if you don’t leave them alone,” mom said.

                “Personally, I’m fine with little Theodore joining us,” Dimitri said, a smug look entering his eyes as he watched me. He dropped me a flirtatious wink. “So come and play with us, little Theodore.”

                OH COME DAD, YOU’RE STARING RIGHT AT THE GUY. DO NOT EVEN PRETEND THAT YOU DIDN’T JUST SEE THAT.

                I shot my dad a look that he ignored. He turned and moved into the kitchen with mom, leaving me standing in the middle of the living room gritting my teeth in frustration.

                “Just remember that this was your idea Theo,” Thalia said, grinning and pulling Dimitri through the living room.

                Not wanting them to be alone together, I hurried to follow after them. Thalia led Dimitri down to the basement and over to the pool table.

                “Ah, pool. It’s been a while since I’ve played,” Dimitri said, poking one of the balls.

                “Let’s play,” I said, moving to grab a pool stick.

                “No. It’s fine if you try to hustle Oliver, but not Dimitri,” Thalia said, shoving me away.

                “Talented at pool, little Theodore?” Dimitri asked.

                “Our dad taught him to play when he was really little. He’s been amazing at it ever since he was nine years old,” Thalia said, rolling her eyes. “It’s how he makes money. Friends, family…Anyone who can play is a target for Theo.”

                “I remember when I won $50 off of grandpa,” I said fondly. “He’s hated me ever since.”

                “I’m pretty familiar with the game thanks to my own father. But we’ll play another time, little Theodore,” Dimitri said, smirking. “Perhaps after dinner.”

                “Deal,” I said. Pool was something I could no doubt beat Dimitri at. Maybe I could even make a bet that he would have to leave me alone when I won.

                “Boys,” Thalia grumbled, shaking her head.

                “That thing is not a boy,” I said, pointing at Dimitri.

                “On the contrary, I have male genitalia. Want me to prove it?” His smirk got wider and he crossed his arms.

                “Quit hitting on me! I’m not gay like you!” I said in annoyance.

                “Oh sweetheart, I’m not gay. I’m just too fabulous for you to handle,” he said, his eyes lighting up in amusement.

                “If you’re straight, I’m a tadpole,” I grumbled.

                “In that case, I’d love to take you home and keep you in a fish tank until you grow to be a frog. I used to catch tadpoles with my parents and keep them as pets,” Dimitri said thoughtfully.

                “Theo, shut up and go away. Dmitri’s sexuality is none of your concern,” Thalia said, shaking her head at me.

                “It is when he keeps hitting on me!” I cried.

                “Don’t flatter yourself, little Theodore. Although, you are very attractive,” he said, his eyes raking up and down my body.

                “That could have something to do with the fact that I dress like a normal human being,” I said.

                “Theo, you dress like a boring human being,” Thalia said.

                “Shut up Thalia,” I said, shooting her a look that let her know she was a traitor.

                The basement door creaked as it was opened. “Dinner time,” my dad’s voice called down to the three of us.

                We left the basement and went upstairs into the kitchen. We sat down at the table as mom and dad put out chicken riggies for us.

                Mom and dad sat down and everyone began to scoop food onto their plates. We passed around the milk, letting everyone have a glass.

                “So Dimitri, how old are you?” mom asked.

                “I’m 17,” he said.

                “You said you had a brother. Do you have any other siblings?” dad asked.

                Dimitri nodded. “Yes. As I said, I have my darling little brother, and I have a sister who’s a year older than me,” he said.

                “That ring you’re wearing…it looks very fancy,” mom said, nodding towards the ring dangling off of the chain on his neck.

                Dimitri wrapped his fingers around it, nodding happily. “It was my great grandfather’s ring. My father gave it to me.”

                “Fascinating. Honestly, we’re very interested,” I said.

                “OW!” I winced and rubbed my shin. “Thalia, stop kicking me!”

                “That was me,” mom said, raising her hand. I winced as she did it again.

                “How are you not concerned about your daughter riding home with him? Do you see how low his shirt goes?” I asked, gesturing to Dimitri’s exposed chest.

                “You keep pointing that out, little Theodore. It’s almost like you can’t stop looking,” Dimitri said, that stupid smirk of his back on his face.

                “Quit calling me that! My name is Theo!” I said, clenching my fists under the table and glaring at him. “I don’t care if you don’t like nicknames. I never go by Theodore!”

                “Except when you’re in trouble. Like right now, Theodore,” mom said, shooting me a stern look. “Behave.”

                Dimitri seemed unfazed by my outburst. “My, my. You are so such a tense, angry person,” he said.

                “Dimitri, are your parents alright with you giving Thalia rides home?” dad asked.

                “Honestly, how do you even have parents looking like that? I would’ve drowned myself if I was your parent,” I grumbled.

                “Trust me Theo, I know that urge,” dad said with a sigh.

                “Hey!” I said with a pout.

                Dimitri chuckled. “My parents are fine with it. It’s on my way home, anyways.”

                “What about Kim?” I asked.

                “Ah yes, Kimberly darling lives just a few houses down from me. So she’s not a problem either,” he said.

                “You have an accent Dimitri. Are you from America?” mom asked curiously.

                “Yes. My parents aren’t, however. I suppose the accent just rubbed off on me.” He shrugged.

                “Oh joy, and now thanks to your accent you have this obnoxiously musical voice to add along with your flamboyant appearance,” I said in fake excitement.

                “OW, JESUS STOP KICKING ME!” I cried, rubbing my shins as Thalia and my mom both kicked me.

                “Jesus didn’t kick you. Mommy did,” mom said, patting my shoulder.

                “And me!” Thalia said with a bright smile.

                Dimitri was smirking at me. “You don’t like the way I dress, little Theodore?”

                “Your pant legs are different neon colors and you have glitter in your hair. Seriously dude, do you own a mirror?” I asked.

                “Indeed I do, and spend much time in front of it admiring my wonderful self,” Dimitri said cheerfully.

                There was a vibrating noise from Dimitri’s pocket. He pulled out his cell phone and answered, holding it to his ear.

                “Hello?” He paused, and I could faintly hear a man’s voice coming from the phone. Dimitri sighed, twirling the chain that the necklace was attached to around his finger.

                “Honesty daddy dearest, I’m not the only one in this family with a license,” he said. He nodded along as the voice spoke again. “Well, I’m at a friend’s house, enjoying a lovely dinner.” He paused again, a slow smirk sliding onto his face. “Yes, yes. Thank you. Goodbye.”

                He hung up the phone and stuffed it back in his pocket. Thalia gave him a curious look.

                “Is everything alright?” she asked.

                “Yes. My father wanted me to pick my brother up from soccer practice in five minutes. It’s taken care of.” Dimitri waved his hand, dismissing the subject.

                “Well, would you kids like milkshakes?” dad asked, looking at our empty dinner plates.

                “Of course!” Thalia said.

                Dad stood up, grabbing our plates and tossing them in the sink. He made us all vanilla milkshakes, and I sighed in heavenly content as I took a sip of mine. My dad had been put on this earth for no other reason than to make delicious, perfectly blended milkshakes.

                “You can go back to the basement if you want,” mom said, beginning to clear off the dinner table. “Except for you Theo. You’re being rude and annoying. I’m very tempted to lock you in the garage for the rest of the night.”

                “Actually, little Theodore, I was thinking of taking you up on that pool offer,” Dimitri said, his eyes filled with that mischievous gleam again.

                I grinned and stood up, my milkshake in my hand. “Bring it on fairy boy.”

                “Theo! Honestly!” mom said, shaking her head and smacking me in the back of my head.

                I pouted at her and stepped away from her. Thalia and Dimitri got up with their milkshakes, following me down into the basement.

                “You can break,” I said, handing him a pool stick.

                “No bets?” he asked curiously. “I thought you were a hustler.”

                I paused and then felt myself growing smug. “Of course we can beat. But not money. No, that wouldn’t be worth it. Instead, if I win this game, you have to leave me alone from now on.”

                His eyes lit up, the frosty blue color like glaciers reflecting sunshine. “Fine. But if I win, you have to kiss me.”

                My mouth dropped open. “You can’t be serious.”

                “Do I look like I’m joking to you, little Theodore?” Those lit up eyes of his met my wet green ones with a steady, yet amused gaze.

                “Come on Theo. You were so cocky before,” Thalia said, watching us with a grin.

                I pressed my lips together in a tight line. “Fine,” I said at last, holding my hand out to Dimitri.

                He grasped my hand, his grip firm and confident. He shook my hand and released, moving around to the side of the table and aiming carefully.

                As soon as he broke, the game was on. Dimitri shot low while I shot high, and it was the most intense game I could remember playing.

                We stayed silent and focused. Dimitri looked at ease as he spread his long fingers on the pool table, carefully placing the pool stick on them. His shots were steady, and the smirk never left his face.

                “Wow, you boys are close,” Thalia said, letting out a whistle as Dimitri aimed at the eight ball.

                I chewed on my thumb. There was no way he could make this shot. No friggin’ way. It was too bad of an angle. And if he didn’t make this shot, then I would. The game would be mine. Dimitri would miss this shot and leave one wide open for me.

                Dimitri’s steady hand shot forward, and I watched in disbelief as the eight ball rebounded off the side of the table and into the top right pocket.

                Dimitri straightened up, looking incredibly smug. He leaned the pool stick against the wall and glanced at me, his smirk eating up his face.

                “How…How did you do that?” I asked, hardly able to believe he had just made such a difficult shot.

                “Geometry is such a useful thing when you know how to apply it correctly,” he said.

                Thalia laughed. “Wow, that’s the first time I’ve seen someone beat Theo in such a long time,” she said.

                “Whatever,” I grumbled, leaning the pool stick against the walls. “I’ll beat you some other time, Dimitri.”

                “Aw, Theo you’re such a sore loser!” Thalia said, clearly entertained by this whole situation. God, some sister!

                “Shut up!” I said, glaring at her. I hated losing.

                “And now, I believe we set conditions for this game little Theodore. Our bet,” Dimitri said, leaning against the pool table.   

                “What are you-” I froze, remembering the bet I had made with him before we had started the game.

                “If I win, you have to kiss me.”

                “We weren’t being serious,” I stammered.

                “Oh, but we were,” Dimitri said, pushing himself off of the pool table and stepping towards me. “If I had lost, I would’ve had to stay away from you. But I didn’t lose, little Theodore. You did.”

                “A bet’s a bet, Theo,” Thalia said, enjoying this way more than she should have.

                Okay. Okay Theo, calm down. It was just a kiss, right? I had kissed girls before. And kissing one guy wouldn’t make me gay. No one had to know. If Dimitri told people, I could easily deny it. And Thalia wouldn’t tell anyone. She would hang it over my head for the rest of eternity, but she wouldn’t actually tell anyone else.

                I gulped. “F-Fine.”

                Dimitri stepped up to me, placing his hand under my chin. His thumb gently caressed my cheek as he searched my eyes.

                “A bet’s a bet, little Theodore,” he said, quoting Thalia.

                He continued to caress my cheek with his thumb, and I squeezed my eyes shut. I really should’ve just run away from them and locked myself in my bedroom until he left. But it was too late now. I was going to have to suffer through this. I clenched my fists tightly, my nails biting into my palms.

                And then Dimitri Ivanov was kissing me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- How do you guys think Theo's going to react to the kiss? ;D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 1.9K 21
■■ "You know what matters? It's-" "It's the journey that matters, not the destination." "Wrong. It's not the journey or the destination, it's the se...
510K 22.5K 38
Taylor Ferguson & Darko Ulyanov, two closeted best friends with unrequited feelings for each other, decide to come clean before high school ends. Wit...
53.6K 2.2K 26
(#1 in the Undying Love series) When he was seventeen, Troye Evans lost the love of his life. With his parents big superstars and his older sister bu...
723K 23.1K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...