Girl Meets Charlie (GMW & GLC)

By peybrinaschild

Meet the Matthews. Just a regular American family that go through the struggles of everyday life. Meet the D... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
That question tagging thingy everyone's tagging me in...
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Ten

1.9K 65 121
By peybrinaschild

****Gabe's P.O.V.****

Kill.
Me.
Now.

Maya and Lucas are down here on the couch while I am sitting on my beanbag, trying to play my video game.

"Lucas," I heard Maya giggle, and I turned my headphones volume up louder in annoyance.

"Lucas," she giggled again, still very audible through my headphones. I turned them up louder to the point where the sounds of the video game were echoing off the walls of my head.

"Lucas, st-"

"Oh my god, could you stop?!" I asked as I took my headphones off, the words coming out a lot more harsh than I intended for them to.

"Lucas, could you leave me and Gabe alone?" Maya asked, and I let out a gulp.

"But-" he started, but she cut him off.

"Lucas," she warned, and he took a minute to look back and forth between us before slowly getting up and making his way up the stairs.

"What is your problem?" Maya asked as soon as Lucas was out of sight.

"What do you mean? I don't have a problem," I lied.

"Gabe, I'm not blind. You've been ignoring me all week, and when you actually do talk to me, you have a pissed off tone and you don't pay attention to what I say. So, I will ask you again. What's your problem?"

"It's nothing."

"Mhmm, sure," she sarcastically replied, rolling her beautiful blue eyes.

God, she's making it really hard to not like her.

"I don't have a problem. I'm perfectly fine."

"Liar."

"I am not a liar."

"Yes you are."

"You can't prove that."

"Your pinkie twitched."

"And that matters because?"

"Teddy told me that whenever you lie, your pinkie twitches. So, why don't you make it easier on both of us and tell me why you hate me all of a sudden."

I let out a deep sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"I don't hate you."

"Then why are you ignoring me? What did I do that was so bad that you can't even talk to me anymore? Did I say something wrong? Please tell me why you don't want to talk to m-"

I cut her off by stepping closer to her and pulling her face toward mine, me placing my lips on hers. I felt sparks flying everywhere, and I cupped her cheeks as I kissed her. She was hesitant at first, but eventually she gave in and kissed back, wrapping her arms around my neck. I pulled away and she stood there in shock of what had just happened. I smiled at her face that was turning an adorable shade of red from embarrassment.

"Why do guys automatically use that to get me to stop talking?" She mumbled, and my smile disappeared off of my face.

"Who else cut you off like that?" I asked trough my gritted teeth.

"Lucas."

As soon as the words slipped her mouth my whole body tensed.

That little son of a bi-

"Gabe, are you okay?" Maya asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm just peachy," I grumbled under my breath.

"What's the matter? As soon as I mention Lucas' name, you get all tense and mad and your fa-"

She stopped talking mid sentence and her face changed from confusion to a knowing smirk.

"What, what happened?" I asked as her smirk grew.

"You're jealous of Lucas!" She exclaimed.

Fuck.

"W-What? No I'm not," I stumbled upon my words, making it more obvious that it was the truth.

"You're jealous of Lucas and I's relationship," she said, grinning.

"No I'm n- wait. Did you just say relationship?"

"Yeah. Lucas and I are dating."

"YOU'RE WHAT NOW," I yelled, and she just kept the same smile on her face.

"You've got it bad!"

"It's not my fault that I'm pissed off because your little boyfriend is a prick."

"He's not my boyfriend, Gabe."

Wait, what?

"But you said-"

"I know what I said. I only said it because I wanted to see how you would react."

"So you and Lucas aren't dating?" I asked, still kind of confused about this whole situation.

"No. Lucas and I are not, nor will we ever be, a couple."

"Oh thank god," I replied, letting out a sigh of relief.

"I never realized how much you liked me," she smirked, stepping closer to me.

"I already said I don't like you," I lied, and she laughed.

"So this doesn't affect you at all?" She asked, stepping closer to me and placing her hands on my chest.

"N-No," I gulped.

"You don't have even the slightest urge to kiss me right now?" She asked, leaning up so that our noses were touching.

"N-Not at all," I stuttered, looking away from her beautiful face so I wouldn't give in. But, of course, she grabbed my face and turned it toward hers so I was looking directly in her eyes.

"Ah, ah, ah," she whispered. "Don't be a cheater."

I tried to look away from her eyes, but I knew that she would just make me look at her again. She batted her eyelashes and made a pouty lip, and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Screw it," I muttered before leaning forward and crashing our lips together. I got a tingly feeling all over my body, but it quickly disappeared when she pulled away from me with a smirk on her face.

"I knew you liked me."

"Just because I kissed you does NOT mean I like you."

"Oh, but you do."

"I don't!"

"Why are you blushing then?"

"I'm not blushing."

"Yes you are. It's adorable."

"I don't want to be adorable!"

"Well then what do you want to be?"

"I want to be with you," I said, not thinking about the words until they had already slipped my mouth.

"I-I mean, uh, umm, I didn't mean to, uh, say that."

She just stood there, looking very taken aback.

"What did you just say?"

"I'd rather not say."

" Gabe," she said in a warning tone.

"Fine."

I took a deep breath before replying.

"I like you and I want to be with you," I mumbled so quiet that I couldn't even hear myself say it.

"What?"

"I like you, okay? You were right. I like you and I want to be with you. I get this feeling around you that I can't describe, and I've never felt it before with anyone else. And there are no words to describe how pissed off I get when I see you with Lucas. I don't know why it happens, and I've tried stopping it. I just can't help but feel jealous, and I hate it. I hate how when I'm with you, I can't control my body. I'm always on edge and I'm constantly stuttering and slipping up around you. I can't control it, and I hate it. God, I hate it so fucking much. You have so much control over me without even trying, and it scares me. No girl has ever had this effect on me."

"I never pictured you as the type of person to make a long romantic speech," she said, and I smiled.

"I didn't either. But, like I said, I don't have any control of myself when I'm around you."

"I knew you liked me," she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

I rolled my eyes at her, but a smile was on my face nonetheless.

"You're adorable," I told her, and she blushed.

"What if I don't want to be adorable?" She asked, copying what I had said earlier.

"Well then what do you want to be?" I asked.

"I want to be with you," she said before stepping closer to me. "Do you want to be with me?"

"I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that," I smirked, stepping closer and cupping her cheeks.

"I'm not quite sure. Could you refresh me?" She asked with a devilish smirk on her face.

"Yes," I replied simply, leaning in to kiss her, but she pushed me away.

"Yes what?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and chuckled at her.

"Yes, I want to be with you."

"Good," she replied before wrapping her arms around my neck and placing her lips on mine, sending that same tingly feeling all over my body.

Wait.

I haven't broken up with Adrianna.

****Riley's P.O.V.****

"What's the matter, Lucas?" I asked him as he came up the basement stairs, looking really pissed off.

"Gabe thinks he can just waltz in here and have Maya wrapped around his little finger," he muttered, pushing past me and walking toward the staircase that lead to the rooms upstairs.

"Lucas!" I called after him as he walked quickly up the stairs. "Lucas, wait!"

I followed behind him, and he went straight into his room, slamming the door behind him.

"Lucas," I called, knocking on the door. There was no answer, so I walked inside to see him sitting on his bed, his head in his hands."Lucas, what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry, Riley. I don't know why I broke up with you. I thought I had feelings for Maya, and I felt horrible for even thinking about another girl while I was dating you. I don't even like Maya. I mean, I love her, but as a sister. You're the one I like. I was just too blind to realize that earlier. Please forgive me," he said, looking up at me with his sea green eyes.

"I like you too, Lucas."

"Thank god."

"But I'm not quite ready for us to be dating again. If you want to be with me, you have to be willing to wait. I need to see that you really want it this time. Because us dating and then breaking up is getting old."

"You know I would do anything for you."

"I do."

"I like you a lot, Riley."

"I like you too, Lucas."

(A/N: The readers (you) have spoken! I counted up the votes and Gaya and Rucas won, Joshaya falling just behind both. Thanks to everyone who voted, and I hope to update again soon! Love you, my Snowflakes!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 844 18
Maya Hart has been inseparable from Riley Matthews for as long as she could remember. But Maya's been seeing Riley through a different eye lately. Sh...
54.3K 1.7K 16
The Matthews family moves to New York from Texas. Cory and Topanga Matthews have three beautiful children. Their son, Lucas Matthews, who is fiftee...
Taken By Natasha

Fanfiction

9.7K 340 31
Part 1 When you think of Riley Mathews you think of someone who has everything. What happens when an endgame couple isn't endgame after all? One thin...
5.3K 209 33
Riley Matthews' family has moved to Texas. She meets a guy named Lucas Friar and they instantly hit it off. During her moving process she also meets...