Bittersweet Trap (Haikyuu Fan...

By DancingLeaf16

️️⭐️1st Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 Tetsuro Kuroo Category⭐️ Nanami Matsuoka, the good daughter for a... More

1. Team Recruitment
2. The Start of A Trap
3. Cherry Blossom Petal
4. Game Day
5. Different Sides~
6. Grilled Fish
7. Spikes and Spares
9. Parent's Permission
How Stories Will be Updated!

8. Lev Haiba

787 31 4
By DancingLeaf16

Nanami POV
(Next Day ~ In Class)

Just another day in class.

At least that's what I would normally think to myself while focusing on the class lecture but instead my attention is towards the person who's been staring at me this entire day.

My eyebrow twitches.

Who is it?

With not much patience left in me to wait till after class to see who this person was, I turn around and the person flinches when he realizes he was caught red-handed.

I stare at him and purse my lips. That tall gray hair boy.... the one with the loud mouth on the first day of school when he introduced himself to the whole class during class introductions.

What was his name again? It wasn't Japanese from what I remember but the guy himself speaks really good Japanese since he's not a foreigner.

My teacher clears her throat. "Nanami, can you please tell the whole class what brought your attention to behind the class rather than the lecture in front of us."

I jolt up and slowly turn forward just to find my teacher in front of my desk.

Way to go Nanami... letting the teacher expose you to the whole class. Hopefully I can make an excuse to the teacher that it was all an accident. It wouldn't be good if things got out of hand and the teacher had to tell my mom that I wasn't paying attention in class.

"I was just stretching my neck since it's a little stiff," I explain with a forced smile.

From the back of my mind, I can hear Kuroo's laugh mocking me.

"I see... but next time wait till after class to stretch your stiff neck," she says and goes back to the textbook to teach the class.

I sigh in relief.

I swear this is not how I expected my first year to go at all. I think back to yesterday's unexpected turn of events when he tricked me into going on his so-called date. I honestly was expecting to be hanging out with the team when he texted me.

I honestly should've known that he would scheme something like this. Yet even though it was just the two of us hanging out, I had fun. Not that I'll ever admit it to him but I wouldn't mind doing that again. After all I haven't had fun like that in a long time.

The last time, I enjoyed myself was when I was with my older brother, Sota.

I purse my lips. I wonder how long I can keep this up. Trying to be the perfect child for mom. I wish Sota and dad were with us. I can't do things like how I used to with how mom is overprotective with me.

I can't hide what I'm doing behind her back for forever.

I was lucky to come home on time yesterday. She didn't suspect anything and thought I was at home studying. Even with being the manager for the boys volleyball club, she doesn't know about it at all and thinks that I'm studying in school.

Just what am I going to do?

Kuroo POV
(After school - In class)

The bell rings and I'm about to excuse myself from my seat but Yaku stops me.

"Where were you? Do you have any idea what kind of mess I had to go through while you were off doing who knows what?" Yaku questions me and I shrug.

"It shouldn't be that hard for you to babysit the team Yaku, you got natural instinct," I tease and Yaku frowns.

"It wasn't just the team. There was this first year who we happened to see on the way and ," a vein pops on Yaku's head. "That punk thought that I was a first year like him. I swear if I were to see that guy again, I'll teach him how to respect his senpais," Yaku threatens as he cracks his knuckles.

A sweatdrop falls from behind my head. Whoever that kid was? Did he have a death wish? It's taboo to say that kind of stuff to Yaku. He'll be dead the next time he meets Yaku.

"And hey you didn't answer my question, what were you doing yesterday? And you better not avoid the topic or make some lousy excuse," Yaku demands as he stares up at me.

"Can't hide anything from you can I?" I shrug. "I just had some fun with Nanami that's all."

A vein pops on his head. "So you went on a date even though we were supposed to watch over Akane for Aoi. You know you're the reason why we ended up having to stalk them right?"

I sigh. "It doesn't matter anyways. It's all over with now so--"

"Hey Aoi! Kuroo didn't keep his end of the promise! He wasn't monitoring Akane's and Kenma's date and it ended with Kenma falling on top of Akane!"

"Eh?" I stare at Yaku with a completely blank look.

Did something like that actually happen? Kenma never told me anything about that...

Shit I'm screwed now.

Aoi, who was calmly putting his things away, overhears Yaku and immediately turns his head to me.

"KUROOO!!!!!!!!!" Aoi angrily shouts.

I immediately attempt to sprint out of the classroom as I slip through the student desks but before I could he grabs me by the back of my school uniform collar.

"YOU LET WHAT HAPPENED TO AKANE!?" Aoi angrily shouts with threatening eyes.

I gulp. It scares me how this guy can go from a calm, stoic classmate to a brother with a crazy sister complex in less than a second. "Now now, no need to get angry Aoi. Yaku is probably over-exaggerating it. Nothing happened between the two of them. I'm sure it was all an accident, right Yaku?"

Yaku looks at the situation and sighs seeing how pitiful I am. "Nothing much happened. Akane almost got hit by a hot dog stand that happened to be on the loose and Kenma just pushed Akane to the side to keep her safe."

Aoi's eyes widen and he lets go of me. "I see."

"Huh? Where's your apology?" I ask and Aoi's eyebrow twitches.

"Don't think I'll let you go off that easily," Aoi states, not amused and turns to Yaku. "She never told me about the hotdog stand yesterday."

"Really? I mean it wasn't anything important to mention," Yaku says and he purses his lips in thought. "It did surprise me that no matter how much Kenma called out Akane, she didn't respond. He even had to shout to try to get her attention but I guess it was cause she was really into the game she was playing."

"Kenma had to shout? I'm surprised he rarely shouts unless he's gaming," I point out.

Aoi doesn't say a word.

I cross my arms. "Hmmm you're awfully quiet Aoi, you're one to always talk when it comes to your sister."

"Don't think that I didn't hear that you went on a date with Nanami rather than watch the mess you started," Aoi bluntly states and I zip my mouth.

Aoi folds his arms. "Knowing you, I bet you tricked her into going on that date with you."

"Hahaha why would you say that," I awkwardly laugh.

"Don't tell me I was actually spot on," Aoi says surprised. "Wow, talk about desperate."

"Pffft," Yaku lets out a laugh and I glare at him.

"Anyways I'm going to go check out the archery club to see if they need my help with anything. I need to pass by time while Akane is with you guys anyways," Aoi says as he grabs his things.

"Hmmm... you're not joining the club this year either? I heard from some of my friends that they've been begging for you to join this year since you're apparently the best archer that they've seen," Yaku says and Aoi stops walking.

"No... it's for the best that I don't join. As Akane's older brother, I need to take care of her," Aoi quietly mumbles and leaves the classroom.

I slightly frown. "I swear I can't handle people like Aoi."

"I feel like it's more like the other way around," Yaku says, completely skeptical by my words. "Not to mention, if Nanami had an older brother, what would you do?" Yaku states and a sweatdrop falls from behind my head.

My face pales. "... what would I do," I mumble, hoping that it would never come to that.

Nanami POV

After a long period of scolding from my teacher, I head out of the classroom and see the root of it all standing there with a bright smile on his face.

"You're Nanami right?" The gray hair boy asks me and I nod my head.

"That's my name but... what's your name again?" I bluntly ask.

"You forgot?" He blurts shocked and I sigh.

"Class introductions were a while ago and not to mention your name isn't Japanese so it's kind of hard to remember," I admit.

"Oh that's okay! My name is Lev Haiba," he reintroduces him.

"I see," I mumble and slightly frown. "So what's your reason for staring me down earlier in class today."

"I heard you're the manager for the boys volleyball team," Lev grins.

"I am. Why are you asking?" I ask and my eyes widen.

Wait a minute don't tell me—-

"I want to join the boys volleyball team!" He proudly declares and I look at him with a deadpan look.

"Tryouts were a while ago. Why decide to join now? They might not even accept you because you asked too late," I state.

But knowing Coach Nekomata, he might still get into the team. Just not as a regular player.

"I know! That's exactly why I need your help," Lev says and claps his hands together. "Please help Nanami!" He pleads.

Everyone in the hallway stares at us and my eyes widen.

"Lev stop it. You're causing a scene," I tell him as I gesture him to put his head back up but he doesn't move and even more people start looking over at us. "Okay okay I'll help!" I tell him.

"Really!" Lev exclaims with his sparkling in pure joy.

"S-sure," I answer with an awkward smile.

At least he was determined to join the team... I'll give him that.

(20 minutes later...)

I immediately regret it. One second I'm leading him to the gym, the next moment. Poof! He's gone. Don't tell me this guy is bad with directions!

I look around and see Shibayama along with Inuoka walking together on their way to club practice.

"Shibayama! Inuoka!" I call out to them.

"Nanami what's up? You look like you ran a mile?" Inuoka says surprised.

"I did. I've been trying to find this guy who wanted to join the boys volleyball team," I explain. "He was literally following me one moment and the next moment he was gone." I facepalm myself. "I think he got lost."

"Hmmm if that's the case we can help out," Shibayama offers.

"Really!" I look up to them relieved and they nod their heads. "Great, he's easy to recognize too! He's super tall, has gray hair and his name is Lev if that helps." I explain and their eyes widen.

"Wait a moment," Inuoka mumbles. "Hey Shibayama isn't that the guy from yest—"

My eyes widen when I see a tall figure from far away chasing a cat from a far distance.

Is that him????

I would be surprised if it wasn't!

"I'm going to check over there!" I tell them and they nod their heads.

"Sure," they answer.

Once I run off, the two of them look at each other with the same thought.

"Hey Inuoka, if it's the same guy we met yesterday... Yaku is going to murder him if he joins the boys volleyball team, isn't he?" Shibayama asks.

"Hahaha Yaku isn't that crazy," Inuoka laughs and a sweat drop falls behind Shibayama's head.

"He is though," he mumbles.

...

I go through the trees and bushes as I try to find Lev. I swear I saw him here. I could've abandoned him but I have too good of a heart to leave that guy alone. He's supposed to join the boys volleyball team but I think I saw him following one of Akane's cats.

Mei suddenly pops off the bushes and jumps into my hands.

Was he chasing her?

"Where's the cat?" I overhear Lev question as he searches for the cat.

I quickly come up with a plan and as ridiculous as it may be... knowing how simple minded Lev is... I wouldn't be surprised if it actually worked.

"Lev! I saw the cat this way! I shout with Mei in my hands and start running.

As I run, I glance behind me and see Lev following behind me. Is he really that simple-minded!?

I continue running forward and glancing behind me to make sure he's tagging along.

I know isn't a part of the manager job but I should get some recognition for this.... the moment I thought this, I trip over a rock and fall flat face on the ground. I accidentally let go of Mei and she runs off.

Just my luck. Not to mention all the branches in my hair is not helping.

"Are you okay?" Lev asks and I stand up on my own.

"I'm fine. Just follow the cat. Go straight and it should lead you to the gym," I tell him.

"Okay!" Lev answers and goes ahead.

Well I hope he doesn't get lost... no he probably would if I don't watch him. I chase after him and eventually, much to my joy, the two of us finally reach the gym.

"Is this the volleyball gym?!" Lev questions in awe.

"Lev never again," I state as I glare at him.

"Oh Nanami did you find him?" Shibayama asks along with Inuoka who happened to come at the same time as us.

"More like he found me," I grumble.

"Hahaha sounds like fun," Inuoka laughs.

"Not even it was more like a wild goose chase—" I answer and look at the front of the gym just to see Kenma and Akane look at us surprised.

Were we interrupting them? What horrible timing! We literally killed the moment between the two of them!?

"Huh? What's going on?" Kuroo says surprised as he comes over with Kai and Yaku. He glances over to me and he covers his mouth trying to hold in his laughter.

"It's the twigs and branches aren't they?" I answer and Kuroo bursts out laughing

A vein pops on my head. "Haha why not join me?" I sarcastically say and grab a branch on my head as I try to stick into his  hair but he dodges.

"You missed, Miss Manager," Kuroo teases and I facepalm myself.

Just end me now.

"It's you!" Yaku shouts pointing at Lev.

"I remember you, you're the short guy that I mistook as a first year," Lev smiles and a vein pops on Yaku's head.

"Hah!? What did you say!?" Yaku angrily shouts and kicks Lev.

"Owww!" Lev cries out.

Kai awkwardly laughs. "May I ask, what are you doing here?" Kai asks Lev.

Lev smiles. "I want to join the boys volleyball team!" Lev declares loud and proud.

"Oh no...." Yaku mumbles.

"What a pain..." I sigh.

"... Anyways let's go to the gym to talk about it more," Kuroo gestures and everyone heads in.

Definitely did not expect my school life to be like this. Not at all. It's getting more chaotic by the second.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 436 15
Tsukishima Kei is a hit man for hire. So far his jobs have been easy. Find the target take them out. That is until the day his boss (Kuroo) gives...
10.5K 383 17
❝𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌, 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄. ❞ ↳ in which y/n and kuroo have to act as enemies so no one knows what happe...
11.9K 1K 33
[Book One] |×| Ineffable: unutterable, inexpressible |×| "Know your enemy. Win the war. Bring back victory." Kuroo and Kenma. Two best friends who we...
151K 6.5K 78
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 Kenma Kozume Category⭐️ An eccentric girl and a quiet gamer, two inexperienced people in love meet each ot...