Falling For The Opposite [PUB...

By yourstrulytrina

Published under Pop Fiction/Summit Media. She's rich, he's not. She's the student body president, he's stru... More

Falling For The Opposite
Chapter One: Being Called a B*tch
Chapter Two: Scream Fest
Chapter Three: Vending Machine
Chapter Four: Leaving His Bike
Chapter Five: Milk and Cookies
Chapter Seven: Balloon War
Chapter Eight: Party?
Chapter Nine: Why?!
Chapter Ten: Coke Can
Chapter Eleven: Hot Chocolate
Chapter Twelve: One-Eighty Degrees Coffee
Chapter Thirteen: Mayonnaise Cake
Chapter Fourteen: Stop Glaring
Chapter Fifteen: Fever
Chapter Sixteen: Wanted
Chapter Seventeen: Something He Deserves
Chapter Eighteen: Happy Birthday (Drew's POV)
Chapter Nineteen: I Don't Know
Chapter Twenty: Screw It
Chapter Twenty-One: Always
Chapter Twenty-Two: How Lovely
Chapter Twenty-Three: Love Sick Puppy
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tutor
Chapter Twenty-Five: Thunder Storms
Chapter Twenty-Six: Rebecca
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Cake Chase
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spin The Bottle
Chapter Twenty-Nine: He Doesn't Get It
Chapter Thirty: Promise
Chapter Thirty-One: Stop Talking
Chapter Thirty-Two: Fix You
Chapter Thirty-Three: Love?
Chapter Thirty-Four: Long Way To Go (Lucas' POV)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Ask
Chapter Thirty-Six: Our Future
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Start
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Three Words
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Puppet
Chapter Forty: I Love You
Bonus Chapter: In Four Years
Spin-Off
PUBLISHED

Chapter Six: The Smith Brothers

536K 14.6K 4.2K
By yourstrulytrina

Chapter Six

The first thing I did when I stepped inside the school was to rush to Jessica but along the way, I crashed into our resident loner.

“Slow down,” he chuckled, grabbing my shoulders to steady me. His face was extremely close and I just gaped at him like an idiot while my face starts to redden as we speak.

He noticed my silence and let me go cautiously, as if I would suddenly faint if he removed his hands. Well, I would have fainted if they stayed there.

“Thanks,” I coughed out awkwardly. He nodded in response and we just stood there, in the middle of the hallway with both of us avoiding as much eye contact as we can.

“Why are you in such a rush?” he asked and I instantly remembered Jessica.

“Going to talk to a friend.”

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me skeptically, “Does it have to do with the phone call you received yesterday?”

I nodded and he stepped to the side so I can continue my journey to my best friend’s locker. I smiled up at him and I started to walk again, “See you at lunch,” I called out over my shoulder.

I saw my troubled best friend shoving books into her locker as I walked up to her. I slammed my hand on the locker next to hers causing her to jump in surprise, “Hey Cel.”

“Who? What? Why? When? How?” I fired and she sighed before throwing her binder into her locker. She turned to me and started to talk animatedly.

Being the horrible friend I was, I wasn’t listening to her. Well, it’s not like I didn’t want to, but because my attention was focused on the scene behind her.

Two guys walked down the hallway making every girl swoon and fan themselves. The two said guys were carrying themselves with much confidence that it made me want to gag. It's like they were a pair of movie stars walking down the red carpet.

Jessica noticed that I wasn’t listening to her and turned around. I saw her whole body froze when she caught the sight of the two devil twins.

Blake and Lucas Smith.

I completely forgot that they returned from Canada and here I am gaping and possibly thinking out my will inside my head as they neared me and my best friend. Judging from years of experience with these two, there’s a 99.9% chance that I’ll end up in the emergency room.

“Hey Jessica,” Lucas chirped as he finally reached our spot. My best friend only nodded stiffly in acknowledgement and I prepared myself for the harsh blow.

“I hope our little Celeste is here today, we missed her yesterday,” he continued and that made something in me snap as I felt my blood boil.

Bullying me is one thing but ignoring me is a whole different story. I know, some people choose to be ignored that to be bullied but I built myself up because I don’t want to be ignored ever again.

“Umm…” Jessica trailed off, placing her gaze at me. Lucas followed the direction of her eyes. When his eyes fell on me, he smirked. When I saw that smirk, I knew I was in trouble.

Goodbye world, it was nice knowing you.

Imagine my shock when he pushed me against the locker and trapped me with his arms while pressing his body against mine, “You’re one pretty thing.”

I saw Jessica’s eyes widen in shock and I’m sure I have the same expression on my face. Wait a minute, maybe he doesn’t know I’m me.

It was when Blake spoke for the first time, “You look kind of familiar.”

Jessica shot me a look of worry but I gave her a soft smile. She was incredibly troubled that I’ll end up in the emergency room again. She used to be my body guard because before I suddenly become popular, she was the queen bee.

Gaining courage, I placed my hands on Lucas’ chest and gave him a rough push making him stumble backward. He glared at me, “Who do you think you are?”

“Celeste Graham,” I stated confidently, placing my hands on my hips, “Student body president and don’t you know that harassing girls is against the school rules.”

Both of the Smith brothers gaped at me with shock. Their jaws were hanging open and if this situation wasn’t too damn uncomfortable, I could have laughed at their faces.

“Celeste?” Blake blurted out and I shot them a smirk with a wink. I don’t know where this confidence is coming from but I like it.

“Impossible,” Lucas mumbled, shaking his head in disbelief.

I don’t exactly blame them for being so dumbfounded like I told them that the earth was round for the first time. Now that you mention it, I think they’re dumb enough not to know that.

Before they left four years ago, I had big glasses and embarrassing braces. I never cared what my hair looked like and I usually just pull it in a ponytail. I used to be extremely skinny that people think I was anorexic. I just had no time to eat because I was usually had my nose tucked under a book instead of devouring on fat filled fast food meals. I was insecure about myself that I never wore shorts, skirts and dresses; even skinny jeans were too scary for me.

Look at me now, I filled my body to give me enough curves and with the help of my friends, I got rid of my insecurities and bought myself a whole new wardrobe. Goodbye to messy ponytail and hello expensive hair care products.

“Close your mouth boys, flies might get in,” I smirked before grabbing Jessica’s hand and tugging her away from the two devils.

Once they were out of earshot, Jessica shook her hand way from my grip and pulled me into a side hug, “I’m so freaking proud of you Celeste for standing up for yourself!”

I laughed before my face turning serious, “Now tell me who this guy is.”

“My neighbor,” she replied nonchalantly but I was still suspicious. She was more focused on the fact that I just had the guts to actually stand up for myself against those bastards.

I eyed her skeptically but I decided not to push it further because the bell rang, causing all the students in the hallway to scatter to their respective classes, “I’ll see you later.”

Fast forwarding to lunch, the first thing I saw when I entered the cafeteria was Drew’s mop of brown hair. I grinned and sprinted to him so I can go in line behind him. He noticed me and gave me a playful roll of his eyes.

“To whom do I owe the displeasure of having you in my presence?” he asked though his tone was teasing. I grinned and punched him light but he was being a little melodramatic and started rubbing the spot that I hit, “Ouch.”

We continued our playful banter until both of us paid for our meals. I saw him starting to make his was to his usual dumpster table so I grabbed his arm and started to drag him to the table where my friends and I usually sit during lunch.

In other words, the table at the center of the whole cafeteria.

His eyes widen in horror as he yanked his arm out of my grip, “I’m not sitting there.”

I jotted my bottom lip down and gave him my best puppy dog pout but he still kept his steel glare.

 “No.”

Well, it was worth a shot.

“Please,” I urged, changing my tactics and gave him my most pleasing smile, “For me?”

“No,” he repeated.

“Oh come on!” I exclaimed but he didn’t even flinch.

I matched his glare and we just stood there, sending daggers at each other before he let out a defeated sigh, “Fine, you're just as stubborn as ever.”

"You know it," I grinned victoriously before skipping merrily to our table and him following me begrudgingly.

When the both of us sat down, he stole my bowl of fries which quickly angered me, “Hey!”

Nobody touches my fries without permission.

“Hey,” he repeated lazily. I lunged at him but he held the fries away from my reach so I kept on stretching my arm and putting all my weight on him causing the both of us to fall on the floor with the my fries scattering everywhere.

I wasn’t particularly concerned about my fries because I felt myself in a very compromising position with Drew. I was lying flat on my back while he was hovering on me, using his arms for support.

We stared at each other’s eyes and I’m sure my cheeks are red as a tomato.

Somebody cleared her throat causing us to jump back and we looked up to see my three best friends smirking down at the both of us.

“Getting comfy?” Annabelle teased and Drew coughed uncomfortably while pushing himself off the floor. He offered his hand and I gladly took it then he pulled me to my feet with little difficulty.

I sprang up forward and I ended up slamming on his chest. Once again, I’m blushing madly; is it even healthy to blush this much?

“Warn us if you’re going to start making out,” Lillian smirked as she sat on our table. I stepped away from Drew and took my seat while he sat on the chair next to me.

I guess he didn’t want to be sandwiched in between my friends like the last time.

“Gossip confirmation time,” Annabelle clapped her hands before turning to me, “Is it true that Lucas Smith felt you up this morning?”

Surprisingly, I was calm about the whole ordeal but Drew on the other hand, spat out the water he was drinking causing all of us to abruptly stand up.

“Drew!” I scolded, throwing him a napkin.

“Sorry,” he muttered, using the napkin to wipe the stray water that was around his mouth. He attempted to wipe his shirt but we all knew that we have to wait till it dries by itself.

Once we were sure that Drew won’t do anymore spit takes, we sat back down on our respective seats. I shot the guy next to me a dirty look but my friends must have lost their minds because they sent the both of us a couple of amused smiles.

Ignoring them, I went back to the subject, “Lucas didn’t felt me up. He simply trapped me against the lockers and pressed his body against mine.”

 Good thing Drew wasn’t drinking anything but I did see his jaw drop while food fell from his mouth. I scrunched my face in disgust and threw him another napkin.

“Will you please stop wasting your food?”

He muttered another apology while he cleaned himself up. Jessica laughed at Drew’s expense and I couldn’t help but smile too.

“I think adorable that Drew’s so concerned about Celeste,” Lillian giggled, “Enough for him to waste his lunch.”

I glared at her before scooping some vegetables from my plate and flicking it to her direction. Dancing surely helped her reflexes because she gracefully avoided the flying vegetables.

Drew only scoffed at her statement and pushed his tray away from him. I guess he lost his appetite from spilling all of those foods.

The chair next to me got pulled back and a muscular body dropped on it. Since the table can only hold six people, somebody dragged a chair and sat at the end of the table.

  “What the fuck are you two doing here?!” I screeched.

 ----------------------

Well, I'm not even going to hide the obvious fact that it's the Smith brothers.

I know this chapter needs work but don't worry, this chapter will go through editing soon. I'm editing the whole book before I continue on uploading new chapters.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 8 23
Honey Woodhouse thinks she knows everything, especially everyone’s perfect match. Honey is without a doubt, the most popular girl at Sunrise High Sch...
272K 7K 37
Everybody knowsthe cliche where the bad boy/Mr. Popular falls in love with the geek. But does it also work the other way around? Meet Angie. She is t...
114 49 17
Maryam Sani, Sunita Arav, Vanessa Okorie are the queen bees of Baron high. An elite boarding school. They rules with great pride. That all changes...
167 21 17
Ava Harte had life handed to her on a silver spoon, rich family, rich friends, rich school, the "easy life" as most would say. But what if this was...