Blood Mother. A Vampire Tale

Por tamoja

Calina remembered very little from her life before it was stolen from her. As she cradled the sleeping boy i... Más

Ch.1: Hoyt
Ch. 2: Calina
Ch. 3: Tessa
Ch. 4: Hoyt
Ch. 5: Calina
Ch. 6: Tessa
Ch. 7: Hoyt
Ch. 8: Calina
Ch. 9: Tessa
Ch. 10: Hoyt
Ch. 11: Calina
Ch. 12: Tessa
Ch. 13: Hoyt
Ch. 14: Calina
Ch. 15 Tessa
Ch. 16 Hoyt
Ch. 17 Luka
Ch. 18 Calina
Ch. 19 Tessa
Ch. 20 Hoyt
Ch. 21 Luka (.2)
Ch. 23 Tessa: the chase
Ch. 24 Dimitri
Ch. 25 Hoyt- the Mirage
Ch. 26 Calina
Ch 27 Tessa - The Past Bites Back
Ch. 28 Luka- The Fire
Ch. 29 Hoyt: Hoyt The Human
Ch. 30: Calina's Truth
Chapter 31: Tessa In Trouble
Chapter 32: Dimitri
Chapter 33: A New Dusk

Ch. 22 Calina

980 123 58
Por tamoja

Authors note:  trust me. You can read this one with your eyes open. 

Calina walked among the outskirts of the city shops. Her senses tuned and on alert trying her best to ignore the buzzing of alarm she felt ringing in her head. The evening was settling in and people were scurrying as always to finish and get home.

"Hurry up Abbey. The babysitter will be there in less than two hours and we've got dinner and a bath to get done before I can get myself ready."

Calina spun with peaked interest. And saw the young girl holding and examining a stray leaf as she was pulled by her hand across the sidewalk. Her tiny feet moved in quick succession trying to keep up with her mother's long strides. As they weaved in and out of the people, Calina followed them. The small yellow leaf flew out of her the girls hand causing her to look back for one last glimpse. At that moment she caught sight of Calina catching the blowing leaf. The girl smiled and Calina knew it was an invitation to play.

She followed the pair to their home a few blocks away and waited in the darkness in the large tree in the back of the house. Making sure to pick a branch looking in to the window with the pink canopy bed and shelves stuffed with dolls and toys.

When the girl and her mother entered the room Calina lost vision for everything else. She concentrated her sight and hearing on the two. Eager to capture a glimpse of connection to her next meal.

"Ok lovebug. One Story. That's all you get. I've gotta get myself pretty for daddy. His work party is tonight and Kia will be here until we get back."

The girl picked a book off the shelf and jumped into the bed.

"You always look pretty. And so does Kia. I want to stay up and play with Kia."

"Not this time punky. Kia is coming past bedtime and you've got a big day tomorrow."

" swim class!"

"Yes you've got swim class and Katie's birthday party. Big day for a little girl. Let's get this story done so I can get ready. You sure about this one?"

Calina listened to the story. A tale of a monster living in the closet of a small boy. When the boy frightens the monster he has to comfort it and ends up taking it into his bed. Calina found herself questioning. Teaching children to be kind to monsters. To take them into their beds. No wonder they were so easily slaughtered.

She waited while her thirst grew and called to her. Her throat dry her longing loud. She knew she could go in now, take the whole family and be done with it. But it was about the child and she would wait. Nothing would ruin her time of trying to connect.

Or compromise her plan for Luka. And this little leaf lover would be a perfect gift outside his secret nest door. The fresh body would cause the first wave of frenzy both in the hive below and with the humans.

As the car pulls away she leaps easily from the tree landing on the back balcony. She enters the sliding door silently. Hearing two beating hearts in normal rhythm. She glanced around the room at clothes and jewelry strewn about. The smell of human sleep lingers from the fabrics on the bed.

She makes her way to the lower level staying in the shadows. The teen sits staring at a handheld phone mesmerized. Calina contemplates showing herself, to get the girls heart racing and enjoy the meal more. But that would only take time away from the child. The girl stands up, walking towards the kitchen. Calina doesn't wait. She grabs her with a speed greater than a human can even process and sinks her teeth into the girls neck knowing It will be easier to spend time with the child after being fed.

When she is finished she climbs up the stairs. Opening the bedroom where the young girl lays curled up in a ball of covers and dolls.

"Abbey. It's me, Calina. Would you like to get up and play for a while?"

The young girl rolls over clutching her opened eyed doll.

"Where is Kia ?"

"She can't come up right now. I'm her very best friend Calina. But I'm lonely all by myself. Can we play for a little while."

The girl places her hand on Calina's leg. A warm spot felt beneath her pant fabric. The girls puzzled frown turns quickly to a sly smile.

"Of course I'll play with you. Just don't tell my mom. She doesn't like me to get up when its night. She says it makes me crabby. Why are you lonely. Won't Kia play with you?"

"I did play with Kia. I played with her first. But she got bored. And now I want to play with you."

Abbey jumped up from the bed and grabbed herself another doll. She carried it cradled in her free arm and put it in Calina's lap placing it gently on the pre warmed spot.

"You can be a mommy. And I'll be a mommy. And we can have babies that are sisters. My baby is named Suzie. What is your baby's name?"

Calina smiled and touched the cheek of the girl.
Feeling her warm soft skin beneath her fingers.

"Let's go outside. To the park. On an adventure!"

Abbey's face contorted from excitement to concern. Calina calmed her. A gift.  Easier to travel with a still calm body. When she jumped from the window the girl remained happily dozing tucked under her arm.

Calina sat her in the cool night grass of the park under the sliver of moon. She lifted the calm, just enough to interact. The girl looked around slowly and Calina pulled her into her lap.

"It's all just a lovely dream little one. Me, the park, the peeking moon. A dream of adventure with a friend."

At the planting of the seed of thought the girl relaxed and snuggled closer. Suddenly without warning Calina caught a scent in the air and the slow constant buzz of warning went wild.

She didn't know fear. But her muscles contracted and senses went into full alert aware of something lurking close.  She bent her mouth close to the girls ear and whispered.

"You have to sleep for a while. Right here. Sleep until I come back for you, or until the sun comes up. And when I see you again you and I will finish our game for we are good friends Abbey."

She fled at vampire speed. To the top of the trees. Scanning her surroundings. The buzzing high pitched thrumming through her body mixed with the smell she remembered from the nest raised her warning to flee. The hunters were close.

She gave one final glance at the girl on the grass. Vowing to see her again and fled into the cover of night. The game had finally started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See, I'm not heartless. I knew you liked Abbey. But so did Calina. Sounds like someone is hot on Calina's trail. And I somehow don't think it's our boy Hoyt. Should Abbey show up in another chapter?  Hmmmm
Don't forget to comment and vote if you like what your reading. (Or even if you don't I suppose!!)
Up next Tessa. Or Dimitri. I haven't decided.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

73.4K 2.1K 44
Book 1 of the Hunter Series A family with hunter blood running through their bodies. This family kills any mythical creature they come across, and th...
4K 365 15
"You're uncomfortable." "For being paid for sex?" She looked up at him. "Why would that make me uncomfortable?" "The money is for the time you spent...
1.2K 107 13
As if the thought of getting caught by Tate didn't scare her enough, what surely scared her was the thick silence in the air. When had the woods beco...
193K 9.1K 29
Fanfiction of C.L.Stone's Academy series. Re-imagines Academy world with vampires and vampire hunters. Violence. Romance. Suspense. Oh my! Sang Soren...