She's On The Hunt - (Book 2 o...

By lilly-rain

Eva and Saxon are finally a mated couple but nothing is ever simple for them. Instead of settling down and do... More

Chapter 1 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 2 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 3 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 4 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 6 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 7 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 8 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 9 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 10 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 11 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 12 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 13 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 14 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 15 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 16 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 17 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 18 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 19 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 20 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 21 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 22 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 23 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 24 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 25 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 26 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 27 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 28 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 29 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 30 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 31 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 32 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 33 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 34 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 35 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 36 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 37 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 38 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 39 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 40 - She's On The Hunt
Epilogue - She's On The Hunt

Chapter 5 - She's On The Hunt

260K 4K 356
By lilly-rain

~ ~ Chapter Five ~ ~

(Emily’s POV)

Walking down the hallway towards mine and Travis’s room with my mind working over the math problems that I knew where going to be used in today’s exam, I reached out and took hold of the door handle, turning it slowly but as I opened it I paused.

Turning my head to face further down the hall as a small frown flittered across my face while I tilted my head slightly to one side and listened only to hear nothing. I shrugged it off and took a step into my room but then I heard it again – the sound of muffled laughter.

Tilting my face upwards a little as I inhaled deeply through my nose, a small smile spread across my lips as I shook my head gently, “Those boys,” I mumbled to myself with amusement as I turned away from my room and started walking down the hall, following their scents.

Eva’s bedroom door was slightly ajar and I held in my laugh since invading a girls bedroom – even a tomboy’s room, is no real laughing matter. I could hear two distinct voices belonging to one Stevie and to one Grant from behind the door and quickly pushed it all the way open, letting it bang softly on the wall behind it and freezing both boys to their spots.

Grant was sitting inside the open doors of Eva’s walk in closet with a small pile of clothes behind him as his hands were in the process of searching through another pile that was in front of him while he looked at me with a sheepish grin.

Stevie on the other hand worried me a little as I frowned at him, he was standing up on Eva’s bed and the way he was bouncing slightly still made me think he had actually been jumping on it while he was still swinging a tampon in his hand.

“It’s not what it looks like!” Stevie suddenly shouted, hiding his hand behind his back with the female evidence while I shook my head at him, refusing to allow myself to laugh but then I imagined if Eva were the one to find them like this and I couldn’t hold back anymore – that would have been very funny.

I could picture her chasing them as she screamed death threats at them at the very least, not to mention the payback she would get on them.

“That depends because it looks like you are playing with your sister’s feminine products,” I laughed, holding my hand up to cover my amused smile as his face turned slightly red.

“N-no...it’s a weapon,” he muttered while looking over at Grant for help which is now that I noticed more tampons were lying on the floor all around him.

He huffed loudly as he continued searching through the pile of Eva’s clothes, “I'm not the one playing with them,” he muttered.

“No, you’re just stealing clothes,” Stevie pointed and shouted while flinging the tampon at the back of Grant’s head which made me laugh again.

“I am not,” Grant snapped loudly and looking defensive as he turned and faced my way, “I'm really not – do you know how many shirts are in here that don't even belong to her?” I shrugged since I didn’t have a clue and he quickly jabbed a finger towards the pile behind him, “All of them and still counting.”

“She’ll be back one day and will know instantly that you both were in here,” I pointed out with a small grin while they both looked over at me.

“You’re in here too,” Stevie was a bit slow to point out and I glanced down at my position just inside her doorway and shrugged.

“She loves me and besides, she’ll know I didn’t enter all the way in or touch her stuff,” I grinned again.

“Yeah but by the time she comes back Saxon might have her under some kind of control,” Grant smirked jokingly as he chuckled a little.

Rolling my eyes at him while Stevie scoffed loudly, “That will never happen; this is Eva we’re talking about – if anything, Saxon will be under her thumb even more.”

“Are you three ready up there!” Travis’s voice suddenly boomed up the stairs, reaching our ears and sending a flutter of excitement through my body as I smiled before turning to look out the doorway.

“Coming,” I called out as I glanced back at the others, “You two ready?”

Grant groaned loudly while rising to his feet and looking back into Eva’s closet, “I’ll finish this later,” he spoke more to himself than us while Stevie jumped down off the bed, kicking his legs out to the side before landing with a grin.

Stepping off the stairs down into the foyer, I walked towards Travis who was standing in the open doorway smiling at me with such love that it made my heart melt every time I looked or thought about it. He held out one hand while he held both our bags in his other and I instantly took hold of him while moving in close to give him a soft but lingering kiss on the lips.

Grant started laughing, “A sound proof room at that.”

Rolling my eyes with slight amusement since I was use to their comments now, at first I would get embarrassed and blush like crazy but not anymore – only Travis can make me blush these days.

“The car’s waiting,” Travis spoke as he nodded out the front door towards the waiting limousine and I groaned internally. Surely Mr. Thorn trust them all enough by now to show up to school, so why can't he allow us to find a different way of transportation?

Stevie and Grant rushed past, grabbing their bags that were sitting on the floor by the door where I had left them before I went upstairs. I’ve also taken the liberty of packing us all lunch every day and cooking dinner for the entire family, it’s the least I can do after they have accepted me as one of them so graciously and with no hesitations.

Climbing in after them two but before Travis since he always is the perfect gentleman towards me, I slid onto my seat and smiled up at them having a dead arm contest on the other side from me. I don't think these two will ever grow up until they find their mates.

Maybe I can make that my mission? To help them find their mates? Obviously none of the girls at school were but maybe some of the girls from Saxon’s pack might be – the ones that don't go to school.

Arriving at school was the same old routine – the boys all shoved each other around to be the first ones out, even Travis was included in this little morning ritual. Though at first he sat back, pretending his brothers were so immature when I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to join in, that he didn’t want to be excluded from this and so after awhile I finally convinced him I really didn’t mind and that I actually found it amusing.

But then after this initial struggle to be first one out – they all dawdled as slow as possible to be the last ones into the school.

It never made any sense to me seeing as I enjoyed going to school and I’ve even been thinking of maybe asking Travis if it is okay if I move to a different one – one that will cater to my needs to get an excellent education. I don't have any solid plans of attending university or anything afterwards but it would just be nice to know I did the best I could and Milton’s doesn’t really cut it since you get points just for showing up.

Passing through the metal detectors with the two bored looking security guards standing on either side as they waited for the buzzers to go off – alerting them to some student trying to sneak in something that they shouldn’t be, the speakers all along the hallways came to life with a loud crackle before a familiar voice spoke through them.

“The Thorn boys are wanted in the office – immediately, along with Miss Redford,” and Grug’s voice was gone as quickly as it had came.

Rolling my eyes as Travis wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in close to his side while I ignored all the stares from the human students and the smug looks from the wolves; the four of us made our way towards the front office.

No one actually knows what Grug’s problem is per say, just that he hates us all even though his Alpha is mated with one of our pack but that hasn’t stopped him from constantly trying to give us all as much crap as possible.

“Just wait ‘til the others get back – especially his arch nemesis,” Stevie muttered as he pushed open the front office door and glared hatefully at the back of Grug before he turned around to face us.

“I heard that Steven,” he spoke up with a smug tone and Stevie mimicked him while pulling a face.

“What do you want now?” Travis asked in a bored tone but I could feel the way his body tensed alongside mine and how his hand tightened ever so slightly around mine, squeezing it gently while he did his best to keep his anger and frustration in check.

Grug glared at Travis, meeting his eyes and I instantly held my breath as he kept staring straight into the eyes of my mate and Alpha. Grant and Stevie tensed up and they started talking silently to one another but I was listening in.

'I'm going to tackle him if he doesn’t look away,’ Stevie growled, his hands curling into fists.

‘Knock his head off too,’ Grant agreed in the same angry tone and then I let out the breath I had been holding as Grug looked away and was obviously embarrassed but angry at the same time.

“Follow me,” he barked as he spun on his heels and walked into his office.

All four of us refused to sit down as Grug sat in his chair behind his desk and nodded towards the four single seats in front of him, growling lowly when he realized we weren’t sitting. All of the guys had their arms crossed over their chests and looked intimidating and I must admit, even I had a scowl on my face as I glared at him impatiently.

Though I know I was no way near close enough to being as scary looking as the guys were.

Grug leant backwards in his chair, trying to radiate confidence around us but was failing and he wouldn’t admit it as he spoke, “The four of you are officially expelled starting as of now,” he still managed to grin triumphantly though.

My mouth fell open a little; he can’t be serious – can he? He never got away with giving us phoney detentions or suspensions, all his little set ups on us failed, so why would he think kicking us out of pathetic school even work? Not that I actually wanted to be here but c’mon, I'm not letting him have that satisfaction....Eva would kick my butt.

“On what grounds?” Travis asked in a cool tone that made Grug shift a little in his seat.

“I’ve had several eye witnesses name you four as the ones to put Donny Richards in hospital and my school doesn’t tolerate that kind of behaviour,” he smirked slightly near the end but quickly averted his eyes from each of us.

Travis opened his mouth to speak again but I bet him to it, “Do you really think Saxon, your Alpha is going to let this slide?” I demanded with anger, ticked off that he was trying to pull this load of bull over us.

Grug looked up at me smirking, “Keith is our Alpha for the time being, Saxon left him in charge, so no, I don't think Saxon can do much about it right now.”

Grant leaned forward, intimidating Grug even more, “We’ll just ask Saxon about that when he calls tonight.”

It looked like Grug paled a little but he refused to back down and admit this was a load of crap that he had just made up, “You have ten minutes to leave the school premises before I call security.”

The corner of Travis’s lips pulled up and I shivered slightly at the deadly glint in his eyes as he spoke in such a confident tone, “Make us.”

Every single one of us in the room heard the threat behind his words and I must admit that I was a little worried. 'Uh, Travis, what are you doing?' I hesitantly asked him, sneaking a peek at him from the corner of my eye.

The corner of his lips pulled up slightly before he replied, 'Emily, I’m sorry but he has had this coming for awhile now.'

'Heck yes!' Stevie cheered but his face or body didn’t show it as Grug eyed us all individually before glaring at Travis again with such hatred that I didn’t think it was possible for someone to hate like this for no real reason.

'Let's rip him from limb to limb,' Grant growled.

Before anyone could move, the office door swung open behind us and in stormed the two front door security guards who no longer held a look of boredom on their faces but now looked like they were ready to throw some butts around.

Stevie scoffed loudly as he had spun around to face them, 'I’m insulted - they are just humans.'

'Way too easy,' Grant smirked as he too turned around to face them but more slowly than Stevie had.

'Just remember that we can't give ourselves away - so work together and Emily, stand back please,' Travis shot me an apologetic look but I nodded and took a few steps back.

'I understand, plus their ego's will be bruised enough being beaten by three teenage boys let alone adding a girl to that,' I smiled gently, showing him I really didn’t mind.

'I love you so much,' he whispered.

'Gag alert - again,' Stevie rolled his eyes while Grant made a smooching face at us.

"What’s the problem sir?" The closest one asked in a stern tone while eyeing the boys off, I felt a tad bit bad for him since he was only doing his job and for the fact him and his partner weren’t going to know what hit them.

Grug stood up from behind his desk and pointed at the boys, "They need to be escorted of them premises, immediately."

Grant rolled his eyes and muttered, "Stupid wanker," under his breath.

'On three, ram them both at the same time,' Travis suddenly ordered and the two others readied themselves, 'Three!'

I smiled slightly at how he didn’t even bother to countdown but my smile soon vanished as I watched the three of them rush forward like a mini stampede, ramming into the two security guards who were still both in the doorway and sending them flying backwards.

'That's not suspicious at all,' I mumbled.

Grant chuckled inside all of our minds, 'My bad,' while Travis growled at him through our minds.

'You fool! I said not to give ourselves away!' he snapped, pretty annoyed with Grant but they soon got over it as the first security guy flung himself at Stevie’s legs, bringing him smacking down into the floor. A loud gasp escaped my mouth as I cringed from imagining how much that would have hurt right away.

"The thing is attacking me!" Stevie shouted in fake panic as he flung his arms and legs around and I literally had to bite my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing at his stupidity while Travis frowned down at him, not very impressed with the childish way Stevie is handling all this.

"I’ll save you big brother!" Grant shouted in what I’m presuming was meant to be a superhero tone of voice while he ran over and rammed into the side of the guard, sending him stumbling a good distance back with a confused and shocked look again.

"My hero!" Stevie cried out in a girlish tone while batting his eyelashes up at Grant who was standing in the superman pose.

"You idiot," Travis hissed at his younger brother.

Grant just grinned before shrugging, "I can’t control my own strength, and kryptonite is my only weakness."

I couldn’t hold back my laughter anymore and Travis shot me a look that clearly said I wasn’t helping the situation much at all but even he will admit later that this is pretty funny considering two full grown adults are being drilled by three teenagers who aren’t even taking this seriously, well one is.

My heart skipped a beat as I watched Travis turn around just in time to kick his foot into the stomach of the other guard and sending him to the floor. By this stage they were all out in the office and I noticed the administration lady quickly duck out the door as she ran off down the hallway.

I had moved closer to the open doorway to get a good view of the fight the two boys weren’t taking seriously but I spun around and glared at Grug as I heard him pick up his phone mumbling something about calling the police and as quick as a flash I was over by the wall, yanking out the phone's connection as I stared at him.

His head snapped up to look at me in surprise which soon changed to annoyance, "Emily, plug it back in," he ordered in a low growl but I simply shook my head as I snapped the cord in my hands, leaving it completely useless now.

An angered growl escaped his mouth, "We are from the same pack. How dare you turn your back on us!"

A loud scoffing sound came from within me as I rolled my eyes at his stupidity, "In case you haven’t noticed but I haven’t been a member of the same pack as you for awhile now."

"It's still where your blood lays, Emily."

Narrowing my eyes at him and his pathetic attempt to do who knows what, I snapped, "My blood is where ever my mate is and it would do you some good to stop trying to mess with us. We may be small in numbers but I can guarantee you that we are a force to be reckoned with!"

'Crap, your guard just called for backup,' Stevie panicked slightly through the mind link but he was speaking to Grant.

'We gotta bail, like now.'

"Emily!" my name being hollered made the two of us turn instantly and face the doorway which I could see Travis through as he held out a hand for me to go to him.

Glancing back at Grug briefly, I smiled sweetly, "This is far from over Mr. Nelson."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 11.7K 32
Alex finally finds her mate after a broken past. Will she finally have the fairy tale she has always dreamed of or will it all crumble before her ver...
172K 6.6K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
3.8M 167K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
23.4K 863 10
Nunew is born by both beta parent, he have been sure about being presented as a beta as well but things turn up to be unexpectedly and him being pres...