Forsaken Deity

By saturn137

[2013 Watty Finalist] Thea Gibson lives a normal life. She waitresses at her local bar, pays her bills on ti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Prologue

238K 3K 168
By saturn137

Thea was having the same dream yet again.

The forest was never ending on all sides, tall trees towered over her and the sun filtered through the canopy creating rays of light. The crisp air burned Thea's lungs, the scent of dew and fresh grass having an oddly calming effect.

She was close to finding who she was looking for this time, she knew it.

When the dreams first started she didn't know who she was looking for. She only felt a sense of urgency, that if she didn't find them soon all would be lost. What that 'all' was, she still had no clue.

This dream was a little different from the others though. After wandering the forest for what felt like hours, she saw her; a woman standing in the distance wearing a beautiful white dress with dark brown hair falling down her back.

She stood with her back to Thea and she started running, trying to catch her before she woke up and lost her opportunity to figure out what this dream was about.

She tried to call out but her voice was mute. It didn't matter how loud she shouted, not a single sound passed her lips. Barefooted she ran, the forest floor soft beneath her feet.

Slowly, the woman grew closer and Thea reached out, grabbing her shoulder before she could escape. The woman turned and Thea inhaled sharply, finding herself staring at her own mirror image.

Her reflection smiled as she met Thea's eyes, "The moment has come, my child. Once more we are summoned to war. Prepare yourself."

Before Thea could try and ask what she meant, the dream melted away and she woke up, frustrated that she now had more questions instead of answers. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 9.7K 32
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
29.5K 785 41
The story is based on high school student girl, who has an coming from normal and average life, but it will all change when her mom will get married...
81.9K 4.7K 37
For the first time in her life, Hayley Slade is going on an adventure. Naturally, she expects seasickness and a mild storm as the worst of her probl...
19.4K 950 28
'Gladiator of Rome: Short Stories' will be a collection of short stories and bonus chapters around each of the main characters from the first novel i...