The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 4: Bestfriends

1.1K 36 6
By aabbhhiiee

Chapter 4:

Bestfriends

(Harry's POV)

And I am free... Free fallin'.. Free fallin'

My phone rang the tune that I specially assigned to that one person who hasn't returned any of my calls this day. I know we're neighbors but I still have to know if she's okay. I mean, I haven't seen her since this morning and that gets me really worried. I'm her best friend and I felt the right to be protective of her.

I was drying myself up when I grabbed my blackberry, hesitant to answer it at first, not wanting my ring tone to end since it's my all time favorite song by John Mayer.

"Baba." I felt a smile on my lips when I said the nickname I gave her. "You haven't returned any of my calls. Where the hell are you?! I threw some more erasers at your window but you weren't peeking out!" I'm a bit disappointed and it was evident in my tone.

"Sorry Hazza. I just got home and I left my phone. We were out for shopping, then movie night with my cousins then-" She sounded very apologetic.

"Okay, okay." I give in, not wanting to stay mad at her. "Next time just text me. Even just once. Or leave me a message or something."

"I'm sorry Haz. I'll make it up to you." Before I knew it, there was a knock on my door.

Days passed by and our friendship was growing stronger than ever. It felt good to have someone there for you all the time.

Sometimes, she would drop by at the bakery, mostly annoying me. And at night, we would be up our roof, counting all the stars we could find.

One day, she got really sick and she was home alone so I had to take care of her. We were watching E! News on TV for some celebrity updates when an upright piano, which was neatly placed by their study area, caught my attention. I asked Abbie if she could play me a song but then I realized she was sick.

"It's okay. I got this." She tells me confidently, standing up and slowly walking towards the piano.

I sat down beside her since the stool could fit both of us. She gracefully placed her fingers on the keys and played, eyes closed. They were like spider legs, moving to build a web. The notes were a beautiful lullaby and I didn't want her to stop.

Her pale face made me feel concerned that she might be feeling chilly. I was wearing my jersey jacket so I took it off and put it on her. She stopped playing and looked at me instead, her eyes a bit watery from her cold. She was too beautiful, almost perfect. At some point, she could just light up my world whenever she smiles. She's different. Good different. And even though I'm two years older than her, I didn't mind, because at that moment, I'm-

"I love you, Baba." I whispered loudly, suprising myself when the words slipped from my mouth.

"I love you too, Hazza." I heard her answer, not too soft, not too loud, but understandable enough for my heart beat to increase its pace.

"Really?" I asked her, dumbfounded as my hand touch her cold cheeks, my thumb brushing her lips lightly. She got closer to me, her face just inches away from mine. I wanted to close my eyes and feel every bit of moment of whatever she's about to do.

"Uh-huh." She sniffed. This time, I did close my eyes and felt her hot breaths on my face.

"How much?" I questioned desperately, expecting her to say the words I want to hear.

"You know, as my best friend." She lay her head on my shoulder and nudges her nose on my shirt. A small snore escaped her lips and I knew she's fallen asleep.

I felt my heart break, every piece of it falling on the ground and being stepped on harshly. It hurts.. By a fucking much. The girl, whom I thought was going to say the words I wanted to hear, just thinks of me as her best friend- nothing but a guy who would be there for her whenever she needs me. I was trying to hold back my tears from dropping, not wanting to wake her up with my sobs. I remembered that my mom was the last person who has made me cry and that was a long very long ago. I'm a boy and I learned that boys shouldn't cry. But this time, as I felt the burn of the pain of rejection, my tears betray me.

She seemed comfortable cuddling with my warm body. I kissed her forehead and hugged her tight. This time I know, she's the girl I'm not going to let go. Whatever it is I'm feeling, I just have to wait for the right time, and the right place to tell her.

But somehow, something inside me wanted to forget this moment. It's not that I regret telling her I love her, because I really do. I wanted to forget about it because the pain of hearing her say that I could only be her best friend was unbearable.

She shifts in het seat and she sits upright.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

She shook her head. "Clogged dose." I laughed, earning a glare from her.

"By the way, we got a wedding gig the day after tomorrow with the boys. Come with me. I'm sure my hotness could cure your sickness." There was still a slight ache in my chest but it lessens everytime she smiles.

"It still debends ip I actually peel metter." Her cold was making it difficult for her to pronounce the words right and I couldn't stop laughing, until she attempted to stand up but failed miserable.

I took her in my arms as she giggled uncontrollably, and I carried her to the sofa so she can lie back down and rest.

*****

"I'm coming wait up!" I heard her say from upstairs. It was sunny outside, and the rest of White Eskimo is waiting patiently in mom's car.

"You take care of her, okay?" Abbie's dad instructs, putting an arm on my shoulder.

After some time, I saw my best friend walk down the stairs with her baby blue dress that reached up to her knee, its sweetheart neckline showed off her silver necklace that looked beautiful on her. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun. Her purple eye shadows matched her round raven orbs and her lips were light red.

"Am I over dressed?" She asked as she reached the bottom of the stair case.

"No, you look... Perfect." I honestly say and she rolls her eyes.

"Let's go?" I nod and she hooks her arm in mine until we reached our ride.

The bride and groom exchanged vows, and we proceeded to the reception afterwards. I always kept Abbie beside me, aware of how those other guys are checking her out. Their kind of pissing me off but the way my best friend leans her head on me as she laughs, pushes them away.

"You know when I get married, I want it to be as romantic as Twilight." She tells me.

"Doesn't mean the groom has to be a vampire right?" Nick blurted out, and we all laughed.

We positioned our instruments up the stage, Haydn on his electric guitar, Nick on bass, and Will on drums. It was going to be the first time Abbie's gonna hear me sing and it's getting me nervous. She was sitting just a table away, beside my mom who was talking to her.

"We're all set." Will said. I took hold of the mic and took a deep breath.

"1.. 2.. 3.. And.." I was swaying with the tune of the intro. Some of the guests stood up from their seats and went to the dance floor. The bride and the groom held hands and danced with them. I saw some guy in long-sleeved polo, whose color was matching Abbie's dress, ask her for a dance.

Funny how she shook her head and declined the offer. The look on that guy's face was priceless.

I got my first real six-string

Bought it at the five-and-dime

Played it till my fingers bled

Was the summer of '69

Me and some guys from school

Had a band and we tried real hard

Jimmy quit, Jody got married

Shoulda known, we'd never get far

Oh when I look back now

That summer seemed to last forever

And if I had the choice

Yeah, I'd always want to be there

Those were the best days of my life...

It was fun to see everyone enjoying our music, even the children did too while dancing along with the bride.

Standin' on your mama's porch

You told me it would last forever

Oh and when you held my hand

I knew that it was now or never

Those were the best days of my life.

Saying these words, I was looking at Abbie who was looking at me back. I smiled at her and she returned it wholeheartedly. And then I remembered the day I met her, the day we chatted out by the window, the day we hung out, and the day I told her I loved her. Those were the best days of my life.

Oh yeah

Back in the summer of '69

Un-huh

It was the summer of '69, oh yeah

Me and my baby in '69, oh.

They gave us a round of applause and we felt really appreciated. Another band took over as we left the stage and I ran to our table where Abbie was now standing up.

"You guys were awesome!" She said, shaking the hand of my band mates.

I took off my coat and sat down with her. I was kind of panting and sweating a lot.

"Water." She offered me her glass. "You look exhausted." This time she took out the towel from my bag and wiped off my sweat. Her touch felt so addicting that I rather took the towel from her and wipe my own face. But she held it strongly, insisting to do the job.

"Thanks." I told her, poking her cheeks as she tried to bite my finger.

"You sang really good. I know this is the first time I ever heard you sing but I love it already!" She was proud of me and I could tell it by the sound of her voice.

"Thanks."

"You should sing to me more often."

"No. Not going to happen."

"Please?" She practically begs. "Pretty pretty please."

"Well if she begs then i'll do it." I roll my eyes and she leaps for joy, so does my heart.

We got home around 9 pm that night, their house was quiet since everyone was fast asleep already.

Thanks for an amazing night. Looking forward for more. :x

I saw her post on her window before her lights turned off.

It wasn't just an amazing night. It was the best night I got to spend with her. And yes, I'm definitely looking forward for more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 614 62
"I didn't think a heart was capable of feeling this much love for a person. I guess you really can love someone so much... It hurts."
422 32 12
They say if you love something, let it go and if it comes back its yours. What if when it comes back it isn't what you expected? Friendships reunite...
1.9K 25 8
Violet Moore, a hopeless romantic finds herself on a blind date with her cousin Harry’s sexy best friend Zayn Malik. Though the date is a disaster an...
58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!