𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡4⎦

145K 3.5K 5.1K
By erubescere

❖ ❖ ❖

When we reached the docks, Draco helped me out, and we followed an older woman to the top of the stairs that lead to the Great Hall. On the way, Draco and I were separated, and I later found him again talking to Harry and Ron. Not wanting to interfere, I tried to stay out of view and just follow the older lady, whose name I believed was Professor McGonagall. Together, the group of students I was with walked into the Great Hall and made our way to the stool with a ruddy hat.

On the walk up the long tables, I heard,

"WHOOO HOOO! GO HAZEL!" and other loud chants along with that.

I whipped my head around so viciously that my hair hit my face and glared down at my brother. He looked at me with an innocent smile.

We finally made our way to the stool, and Professor McGonagall turned around.

"Wait along here, please," she instructed, waving a scroll in her hand, "Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

I watched as the headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, stood up and said,

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce," he paused and wet his lips.

"The first years, please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker," he raised his arm towards a rough-looking man with a cat with red eyes at his feet. "Filch, has asked me to remind you, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death."

Wait... What?!

"Thank you." And with that, he sat back down.

Professor McGonagall started to open the scroll she was holding.

"Now, when I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head," she picked up the hat, "And you will be sorted into your houses."

My heart felt as though it might fly out of my body from how hard it was pounding. I listened intently for my name to be called. Hannah, Susan, Trevor, Lavender, OH HURRY UP!

Then I heard Hermione Granger. My eyebrows went up as I remembered her from the train. I watched as she took a deep breath and walked to the stool. Once the hat was on her head, it began to move around.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I heard the cheers of their table behind me.

After lots more names are called, I heard,

"Draco Malfoy!"

He looked at the hat and slowly made his way up the stairs and to the stool. The hat barely touched his head before it said,

"SLYTHERIN!" I saw Draco smile. His father will be happy. More names, more names, more names, and then,

"Harry Potter" came from Professor McGonagall's mouth.

I heard murmurs all over. Harry went up slowly with wide eyes on the dreaded hat. He sat down, and the hat was placed on his head.

I saw Harry whisper, "Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin."

The hat continued to move until finally, it screamed,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I was happy for him. The hat, I believe, chose well.

After a few more names, the time of terror arrived.

"Hazel Rosewood!" Professor McGonagall called.

No turning back now. I walked up to the stool, trying to ignore the murmurs of my name being called. I felt as the hat was placed on my head.

"Ah. A Rosewood," I heard, but the voice sounded as though it was speaking to me through my head. "You come from quite a powerful family, I see. Well, you would do quite well in all houses. Loyalty, cleverness, kindness, cunning, ambition, intelligence, bravery, and determination. Yes, lots of determination. Oh, where to put you... Let's go with... SLYTHERIN!"

I stood up and smiled widely as I walked to the cheering table. I felt all eyes on me while I sat down. James and Draco were on my sides with their arms around me.

"You did it, Hazie! Wait until Dad hears!" James said with a huge grin. I couldn't help but smile. I kept watching the sorting with my head on my brother's shoulder. I didn't move my position until I heard,

"Ronald Weasley!"

I sat up straight and craned my neck to watch as Ron cautiously made his way to the hat. Once it was placed on his head, it took little time before it said,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I saw Ron sigh with relief and watched his brothers stand up to congratulate him.

After everyone was sorted, Professor McGonagall took her knife and hit it against her glass.

"Your attention, please," she announced.

Professor Dumbledore stood up with open arms and exclaimed,

"Let the Feast begin!"

. . .

That night, when the feast ended, the prefects brought us down to our common room and showed us our dorms. I had the final, last name of the girls in Slytherin, so I had my own dorm. I was a little disappointed. It would make finding friends a bit harder, but I did really enjoy my alone time, so it didn't bother me too much.

The next morning I went down to the common room and found James snogging some girl's face off. James seemed to always have a new girlfriend every month. He had become a ladies man the year previously, and with his newfound skill of causing girls to swoon over him, he developed a bit of a big head over it. I rolled my eyes as I passed them.

When I reached the Great Hall for breakfast, I sat down next to Draco

"Morning Hazel," Draco greeted me as I sat down., "Something happened?"

"Yeah" I replied, "I just saw my brother eating off some random girl's face"

I sighed and cringed at the thought as I grabbed some toast. Turning back to Draco, I stared at his face. His grey eyes were unwavering. I felt a strange feeling in my stomach that caused my cheeks to flare up. I tore my eyes away.

"So what's your schedule like?" I asked looking back at my breakfast. He handed me his schedule before taking a bite into his green apple, and I skimmed through it.

"Okay, we have... three classes together!" I exclaimed.

Suddenly, a boy in front of me with brown hair started talking.

"Has anyone told you you're a pretty girl?"

Oh no.

"Yes and er—thank you for the compliment" I replied a bit unsteadily. I could see Draco glaring at the boy.

"What might your name be? I'm Hazel Rosewood," I asked.

"I'm Theo Nott" he replied looking a little disappointed that I didn't compliment him back.

The girl next to him spoke up.

"You think she's pretty? Ugh. Boys!"

I turned to look at her as I brought my cup up to my mouth. She had pug-like features and short black hair. Her face showed a look of disdain towards me.

"Well, she's certainly more pretty than you," Theo said to the girl. I spit out my pumpkin juice right into Theo's face. People around us started laughing hysterically. My eyes widened in shock.

"I'm sorry!" I grabbed a few extra napkins and handed it to him. "I was just going to say that that wasn't very nice to say."

"Well, it's the truth. Merlin, you've got a good aim. I'm gonna call you Spitsy from now on" he replied, still wiping the juice and saliva off his face. I just sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm going to class. I'm sorry again, Theo. Wanna come too Draco?" I asked.

He nodded and stood up. I turned to the pug-faced girl who seemed to be staring at Draco with eyes of adoration.

"I never got your name. What is it?" I asked politely.

"Well, not that it matters, but it's Pansy. Pansy Parkinson." she retorted back.

"Oh, well er-, pleased to meet you, Pansy."

I rushed out of the Great Hall pulling Draco's arm to the Transfiguration classroom. It was a large classroom with seats facing towards a desk at the front. Once we got there, Draco and I took a seat in the front of the class and waited. Students started to trickle into the classroom.

After everyone arrived, Professor McGonagall walked in.

"Good morning class and welcome to your first class of the year. I am Professor McGonagall, and I will be teaching Transfiguration as you have already noticed. Now let us begin."

She walked to the board and started writing notes on it. She told us to write these notes on a piece of parchment while she would transform herself into a cat and observe us from her desk. I took out my quills, ink, and parchment while I watched as my Transfiguration professor turned into a gray tabby cat and sat on top of the desk.

After a few minutes of writing the notes the doors to the classroom burst open. Draco and I turned our heads to see Ron and Harry running into the room. I rolled my eyes and went back to writing notes.

"Whew! We made it" Ron said, panting heavily. "Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Just then the tabby cat on the desk stood up and leaped off. In mid-air, the cat turned back into the human Professor McGonagall.

She walked over to the two boys with jaws unhinged.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed to McGonagall.

"Oh, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley.

Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way one of you might be on time?" she asked threateningly.

"We got lost," Harry replied sheepishly.

"Then perhaps a map?" she paused and looked at each boy in turn, "I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

With that, she returned to her desk.

When Transfiguration was finished, we went down to the dungeons for potions. Again, Draco and I sat in the front right next to each other. As we chatted away about the Nimbus 2000, the doors burst open, and Professor Snape strode in.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class," he said as soon as he walked in. He had slicked back greasy hair and a long nose.

"As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few—" his eyes went to Draco and me. We both smiled at him.

"—who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

Draco and I glanced at each other with raised eyebrows. Then Snape's eyes drifted to Harry who seemed to be writing something.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention!"

I saw Hermione jab Harry in the ribs. Snape fixed the cloak he was wearing and walked over to Harry.

"Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hermione's hand skyrocketed in the air.

Harry just shook his head.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione's hand shot up again.

"I don't know, Sir," Harry replied.

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Snape kept asking, ignoring Hermione's hand.

"I don't know, Sir."

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?"

I felt incredibly sorry for him. He didn't have to pick on him so much just for being famous. The poor kid grew up in the muggle world! He doesn't know a thing about potions. I supposed Snape just played favorites, and it was a good thing I was in his house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
8.5K 2.8K 50
"𝑌/𝑁 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 , 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒" 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒...
259 2 32
A fanfic that includes and love triangle, hope, loss, fear, friendship, and reality. the years and ages are a bit different. First year starts at 14...
15.8K 300 37
||| COMPLETED ||| - SPICYish (at times) - 🤰🏻Celina washes up at Hogwarts after a freak boating accident.Dumbledore believes she is here for a reas...