Should I Feel Like This?

By unlitfics

Gerard Way wasn't the coolest kid in school. Being a "gay emo" made him more or less a complete outcast. He h... More

Gerard Way's Blinding Virginity
FINALLY LMAO

Maybe Lindsey Should Have Done the 'Trust Me' Part in I'm Not Okay.

87 9 15
By unlitfics

"Please stop freaking out over this. All you have to do is not rape the guy and you'll be fine." These were Lindsey's words of wisdom after Gerard had spent the past twenty minutes of their lunch break explaining everything that had happened in their first two periods. 

"You don't understand. I'm going to freak him out or something, he'll end up hating me I can already tell." Gerard was not in the state of mind to be optimistic and would much rather go home and curl up and have a nice comfortable melt down instead of sitting on the back steps of his school. 

Lindsey sighed, "Come on Gee. It's going to be fine. Trust me, if he's willing to spend time with you already he obviously isn't a dick and wants to make friends with you." After a minute of thinking she added, "And let's be honest here I don't really think you are in any position to reject a new friend."

"Especially one that's look like Frank." Gerard muttered in response, placing his chin on his knees that he had drawn up to his chest.

"Yeah. Especially ones that look like Frank. But I get the feeling ones that look like lil' Frankie over there will be more than friends."

At the use of 'over there' Gerard looked up, his heart dropping out his ass when he seen, as Lindsey so poetically put it, lil' Frankie, making his way over to them. Gerard sat frozen, only pulling his gaze away to the sound of Lindsey's words finally getting through to his brain.

"Jesus Christ Gerard. Stop staring like a fucking deer in the head lights, act chill and don't freak out. He's only human, got that."

"Y-yeah. Human." Gerard stuttered his response, his cheeks glowing as his eyes fell back to Frank, already with them now.

"Uh hey um sorry for interrupting your guys lunch but I really needed a break from all the fake bullshit being thrown at me in there. Do you um mind if I join you?" Frank looked at Gerard with pleading eyes, not that the taller boy needed persuaded.

"Yeah Lindsey and I don't mind at all. Have you guys, I don't know, met yet?" Gerard was incredibly proud he managed to get through one sentence without stumbling over his words but he was pretty sure his face still resembled a tomato.

"I don't believe we have. I'm Lindsey by the way, sorry for not talking to you in homeroom, you were... busy, it seemed." Lindsey smiled an award winning grin, Gerard almost about to stab her. He did not want Frank to fall for her, that thought now making him regret introducing the two.

As Frank and Lindsey went on getting to know each other, she noticed the horrified, worried look her best friend was staring at her with. She just smirked at him, Lindsey was a smart girl, she had her reasons for this, collecting data you might say. Gerard will be on his knees in gratitude when she's done with this little test of hers.

Frank, however, was oblivious to what was going between the two as he and Lindsey continued discussing the school and why Frank had moved. Gerard was just paying enough attention to the conversation in order to learn more about the incredibly hot boy sitting cross legged on the school steps beside him.

"Yeah, my dad got offered some job in some stupid office over near here, and my mum flipped out about travel expenses so basically pulled me and the old man across the city so we could be closer to his new job I guess. Then I wasn't allowed to travel back and forth to my old school and that's how I ended up here. Not that interesting really." Frank relayed the information like he was sick to death of explaining it, and with how nosey teenagers are, he probably was.

"Stupid office job? Quite the angsty lil' shit aren't we." Lindsey cracked, killing herself laughing. Frank only smiled this lop sided smirk, melting Gerard's heart in the process.

"But of course. Did my rad fringe not give that away yet? Damn I'm gonna half to push things up a notch so people can tell from the start. Don't want to make any false impressions, you get me?" Lindsey only found Frank's jokes all the funnier and continued to hold her sides laughing. Frank turned to Gerard, smirk still firmly in place, "What do you think, what should I change?"

"I-I. Uh Nothing," the words coming out to fast, Gerard not having time to stop himself. His cheeks flamed even hotter, at this point the tomato-like boy fearing he would set alight due to the heat from his face. He buried his head down not making eye contact, wishing he was at home in bed and not about to ruin the only chance at a friendship he'd had in over a year.

Lindsey watched on as she saw her best friend making a dick of himself, refusing to look up, and at the newest boy sitting slightly dumb founded. But Lindsey was certainly not mistaken when she thought she also noticed him looking embarrassed, with his cheeks starting to match Gerard's in colour.

This was the results Lindsey had been looking for. She had her data. Now she had to make a plan and get her idiot of a best friend to go along with it or just not mess it up completely. 

****** 

Gerard lay in his bed, thanking God that the first day of school had been a Friday. Now he could completely ignore what had happened with Frank and spend the next few days curled up in bed. He could cancel his study plans with Frank tomorrow, anyway, he doubted Frank wanted to even talk to him anymore. Considering the two of them didn't even speak till the end of lunch and then ran off to classes, without so much as eye contact.

Obviously that sort of peace could not happen for Gerard Way. 

"Yo, Gee. Linds is on the phone for you. Says it's really important or something. Will cheer you up," Mikey, the sixteen year old Way brother, opened the door and spoke.

"Tell her I'm sick or in the shower or something," Gerard huffed, delving deeper into his blankets.

"She told me you would say that and if you did to tell you that if you don't come to the phone now, she's going to come over and cut up all your comics." Mikey replied, hurt evident in his voice at the threat.

Gerard sat up at this. He knew Lindsey too well. Well enough to know not to put such a horrific act past her. He swung his legs out of bed and walked out to take the phone Mikey handed him.

"What the fuck are you playing at?" Lindsey questioned.

"What do you mean?" Gerard asked, trying to act as innocent as possible.

"Don't fuck with me, Way. I mean the fourteen missed calls and I don't know how many messages sitting on that cell phone of yours that you don't seem to actually use."

Gerard sighed, knowing Lindsey was not taking any of his pity-me bullshit today. "Okay, sorry I had it turned off. What's so important that you threatened the life of my comic collection over?"

"I have news. Interesting news, that I'm positive you are going to want to hear." 

"Okayyy? Continue."

Gerard heard Lindsey laughing down the line. "Oh Gee, trust me, you aren't getting it that easily. I'll be at yours in five minutes, have something ready to bribe this out of me with by then and you'll be told."

Before Gerard could even think about protesting the call ended and he was left standing there. In his pajamas, bed head and a very confused look on his face.

His best friend was hard work.

Five minutes later he was now sitting on his bed, but still trying to make sense of what was happening exactly. This was interrupted by the door flying open to reveal a very smug female, looking at him expectantly.

"Uhhhh. Can I please know?"

"You're not fucking serious?" Gerard just looked at Lindsey.

"What do you want me to do? What could I possibly do for you?" Lindsey smiled at Gerard, which sent his heart plummeting. This was a scary girl to fuck with, and that smile could not mean anything good.

"Well Gee. I have a few things in mind that might just pay the bill for this nice piece of information I collected on everyone's favourite angsty midget."

"F-Frank? What about him?" Gerard was all ears now, any shred of hesitation of 'paying' for this information was gone. He needed to know.

"Not yet. You have to pay for this first."

"I will. I'll do whatever, just hurry up Lindsey please. For God's sake tell me already!" Lindsey sat on the edge of Gerard's bed, clearing her throat.

"Okay, here's the thing. You aren't going to chicken out of your study session tomorrow-" "What?!" Gerard shrieked.

"You're not serious, are you?"

"Don't interrupt me, that's rude," Lindsey feigned offence, continuing none the less. "Next, you have to go on a shopping trip with me."

Gerard rolled his eyes, he was always dragged along to Lindsey's extravagant shopping sprees anyway, this was nothing new. "Lastly, you have to accompany me to the salon." Gerard just looked at her, this was strange but he was too busy thinking about the first demand made.

"Do you really expect me to go tomorrow?" Gerard asked, quieter than before.

"After we go through with my plan, it'll be so very worth it. Please, Gee, I'm not joking around when I'm saying everything that I'm trying to do now is really to help you." She placed her hand on top off her best friends, looking at him with pleading eyes.

Gerard sighed. He knew he could trust Lindsey, but that didn't stop the nervous feeling engulfing him. 

"Fine." And with these words, Gerard Way's fate was sealed.

******

Gerard sat in the uncomfortable chair in the waiting room of the salon, the first place Lindsey had dragged them too. He was looking around him, not really paying attention to his surroundings, just lost in thought.

Lindsey had been called out to the main floor of the salon nearly ten minutes ago, so when she returned, her hair the same as before, Gerard was a little confused.

"C'mere a sec." She turned on her heel walking out of the waiting room leaving the black haired boy to scramble out behind her.

"Linds, what's happening?"

"Remember you said you would trust me? You got to do that now and with what's going to happen."

Gerard was staring at Lindsey but she wouldn't look him in the eye. He wanted to protest but he knew that he really was just going to have to trust her.

They walked over to a smiley, young girl with bright orange hair, "Hey! Gerard is it? I'm Hayley, Lindsey here called me saying she had an emergency and that we need to give you a sprucing up."

Gerard just looked at her. She didn't mean they were going to cut his hair did they.

"Why don't you take a seat and we'll get started. I've already been briefed on what we're trying to achieve and after actually seeing you, I'm really excited. I think you're going to rock this hair style." Hayley was smiling so wide and even Lindsey was looking at him eagerly.

So with that he sat down, not know what to expect and watch Hayley stand behind him lift a lock of his dark black hair and take half the thing off.

******

"It's so amazing looking Gee, oh my god. I'm never getting over it, you look so good." Lindsey hadn't stopped gushing over how good the idea to cut half his hair off was.

Gerard however just kept watching his reflection in the shop windows he passed, putting his hand up to feel the short tufts of hair adorning his head. He didn't dislike it, it was just a really big shock.

"You like it don't you? You have too. It's far too nice not to like, I'm so happy."

"For the hundredth time Linds, yes I do like it." He smiled at his best friend, it was nice seeing her so happy. "But uhh, where are we going now?"

"Shoppingggg!"

"Oh God." Gerard sighed, pulling his earphones our from his pockets and checking he had enough money to buy himself a coffee. He was going to need it.

"Hey, come on now. This will be fun. I'm not getting anything today, just like your new hair this is all for you." Lindsey smiled at the taller boy, laughing a little at how confused he looked. The kid had no idea when I came to clothes shopping.

"Lindsey... I don't know..." Gerard began, but Lindsey spoke up instead.

"We're here! Come on. This place has the best stuff. I already know you'll like what I pick you out."

He watched as she darted off starting to lift out T-Shirts and jackets, all extremely dark and like everything else in this shop it seemed, devoid of colour.

Gerard sighed, knowing when he could win against Lindsey and when to just let her do her own thing. He took a seat beside the changing rooms, pushing his earphones into his ears and letting his mind wander.

He didn't know how long he was sitting there before Lindsey came over with two bags filled with clothes. "Finished," she stated with a grin.

"Wait, I thought I would have to try them on or something?"

"Gee, people try things on to see if they like them. What you think is irrelevant. You aren't exactly the most fashion wise person, are you?" She had a point.

"Fair enough. Let's go, I really want a coffee before the bus comes." With that he lifted the bags off her and they made their way to the closet coffee house.

But the promise of information on a certain someone Gerard found himself thinking about far too much was always at the back of his mind. And the anticipation was killing him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah an update like a year later! Yeah I actually had this wrote before I published the first chapter but idk what to think of this yet so hopefully you guys like it.

Little bit of news, I'm doing my GCSE's (which are really important exams) and I had to do a creative writing piece on whatever I wanted and I legit did 100% frerard minus smutB)))))

Comment if you want and again thanks for reading!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

945K 31.5K 58
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
573K 29.6K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
480K 10.6K 56
ReneΓ© Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG ReneΓ© is taller and older then reader unless requested
2M 104K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...