Roommates

By ChunkyFunkyMonkey

Rosalie Harness is a typical seventeen year old teenager, she goes to school, dates, parties and all other ty... More

Roommates
Roommates (1)
Roommates (2)
Roommates (3)
Roommates (4)
Roommates (5)
Roommates (6)
Roommates (7)
Roommates (8)
Roommates (10)
Roommates (11)
Roommates (12)
Roommates (13)
Roommates (14)
Roommates (15)
Roommates (16)
Roommates (17)
Roommates (18)
Roommates (19)
Roommates (20)
Roommates (21)
Roommates (22)
Roommates (23)
Roommates (24)
Roommates (25)
Roommates (26)
Roommates (27)
Roommates (28)
Roommates (29)
Roommates (30)
Roommates (31)
Roommates (32)

Roommates (9)

363K 5.6K 1.4K
By ChunkyFunkyMonkey

A/N - I uploaded earlier than I usually do. Hope you like this chapter.

No proofreading done!

P.S - The song has NOTHING to do with this chapter, but give it a listen and tell me what you think. (If you like Jack Sparrow or Pirates of the Carribean you should love the song)

Chapter Eight

I realised that Lizzie was pointing at me. Whoa, hold on a minute, me? She nudged me; I glanced at Lizzie with the most murderous looking glare I could manage.

“So, is that true?” asked Gina, her eyes burning with jealousy.

I shifted uncomfortably and scanned Vincent; he looked as confused as I felt. Should I agree?

“Hello? Is it?” repeated Gina, waiting impatiently. 

“Um…” I mumbled.

“Yes! Of course it is!” interrupted Lizzie.

Gina fake smiled at Lizzie and looked over to Vincent and then me, “I want to hear for myself, thank you.”

I stared at Vincent, beckoning for help. He nodded towards me, with a pleading look in his eyes. Does that mean he agreed?

“Yes,” I croaked, I cleared my throat, “Yes,” I answered clearly, the sound of my voice ringing in my ears.

Just then I heard clapping and whistling from the back; Zack. He slapped Vincent by the back.

“Dude, when were you going to tell me? You finally got the chick!”

I looked at him confused, wait, he thought it was real? Or was he playing along? Why did Vincent want me to agree with being his girlfriend? Maybe it was true, maybe he did love me? Millions of questions swarmed through my head, causing it to ache.

“Oh…”

Gina looked me up and down and gave a disgusted look. I felt like breaking her perfect nose. Thank god I agreed to this, she was one hell of a bitch, and I’ve only met her for about five minutes. Not sure how Lia managed to be her friend, she seems like the total opposite of Gina.

“Dear me; argument already? Lizzie, I thought you said you were polite?” cut in Zack’s aunt. Cecilia, I think.

“Ma’am, I apologise but I didn’t like Gina hitting on my best friend’s boyfriend,” she smirked like an idiot, glory written all over her face

Sometimes, I don’t know what goes in her head; it’s full of little evil plans. I swear she is some kind of evil witch.

 “Well, I suppose you’re right, Gina, I suggest you apologise to Vincent’s girlfriend…” she raised her brow at me in question.

“Rosalie. Rosalie Harness,” I greeted, smiling at her. She sure looked and sounded nice, bit crazy, but nice.

She stared at Cecilia in disbelief, when she didn’t apologise, Cecilia turned towards Gina, and she changed her expression completely.

“Sorry,” she said, fake smiling.

Oh God, I didn’t even do anything and she already hated me? Talk about an over-reactive diva.

“Right, good, everything is settled, now let’s all go inside, I’m sure you’re all starving from your long trip.”  

Once everyone was done eating, I decided to help clean the dishes; which was a lot coming from me since I always argued with Vincent to do mine.

“Right, thanks Rosalie darling, but it wasn’t really necessary as we have people who help out with our household. You’re a lovely lady, I’m so happy Vincent has found someone like you.”

I winced slightly at the lie and nodded.

“Right now let’s show the rooms to everyone.”

 Cecilia motioned for me to follow her into the living room where everyone else was.

“Right, now let’s show your rooms. Zack, you will stay in your usual place. Vincent so will you but you’ll have to share with Calvin, and Rosalie and Lizzie you will also share a room. I’ll show you where. Vincent, if you could show Calvin.”

*~*

I finished dressing in my pyjamas which consisted of shorts and an over large t-shirt. Lizzie was sprawled on top of the double bed, texting on her phone.

I sighed, and hopped on the bed taking her phone off her.

“Hey!” cried Lizzie, shocked. “Give it back!”

I shook my head, “Not until you tell me why the hell you did that!”

She stared at me confused, then realised what I meant, “well, I-I…” she smiled sheepishly and I beckoned her to continue, “I’m sorry, but it was for the best! I promise!”

“The best; what do you mean?” I argued mad and confused.

“Well, it’s a push. You know, it will help you get closer and see if you feel the same way as Vincent does for you,” she replied. “Let’s just say it is part of my list, might help you see that he is in love with you and that I’m not mad.”

I thought for a moment, “Well, I suppose that could work. As long as you tell me what you’re up to beforehand. 

“Rose,” Lizzie whispered.

“Hmm?”

“Don’t be mad, but is it okay if you sleep in Vincent’s room tonight? It-“

I cut her off before she continued, “What?” I exclaimed. Don’t tell me she was setting me up with Vincent all over again.

She smiled at me, her eyes pleading, “It’s that I promised Calvin we would spend the night together and you wouldn’t mind spending the night with Vincent since you already live with him.”

I felt like blowing up her face right now.

“Argh! Lizzie, why do you do this to me?” I yelled, throwing my hands in the air and literally tearing my hair apart. Yes I lived with Vincent but in separate rooms, I’ll probably have to end up sharing a bed with him since the beds were doubles.

Just then a faint knock came through the door. Sighing, I opened the door.

Talk about the devil. Calvin, the guy who ruined my night; I glared at him, shoved passed him and stomped to Vincent’s room.

Man, was Lizzie going to die! How could she do this to her best friend?

I furiously bashed on the door.

But instead of Vincent opening the door it was Cecilia.

“Yes, my dear?” she asked, her eyes tired.

“Isn’t this Vincent’s room?” I asked confused.

She chuckled slightly, “no dear, it’s at the end of the corridor.” She eyes me up and down and a smile made her way to her lips. “I see you wanted to tempt him.”

I looked down at my outfit, which looked like I didn’t have any underwear but just and oversized t-shirt. Tempt him? Oh crap, she didn’t think I was going to seduce him?

Embarrassed, I thanked her and went down the corridor and faintly this time, knocked on the door.

I sighed in relief when I realised it was Vincent.

I brushed through him while he closed the door.

“What you doing here?” he asked. I watched him checking me out and his eyes resting on my legs which caused his apple to bob up and down.

“Calvin is spending the night with Lizzie,” I replied. I undid my ponytail and readjusted it again.

“Right,” he replied.

It then became silent, I looked around the room, and it was similar to ours except while ours didn’t have a toilet, this one did. Well, I suppose that helps. There was a huge double bed in the middle and no couch, which means either one of us, was going to sleep on the floor or we would be sharing a bed.

“Thanks,” murmured Vincent.

I looked up into his dazzling eyes, confused.

“For playing along with the girlfriend thing; I mean it. You didn’t have to do that, but I’m really grateful since Gina looked a bit like a psychopath.”

I laughed quietly, eventually he joined in.

“You’re welcome, but you should thank Lizzie, not me,” I shifted and sat on the bed. “Got bad news for you mate, you’re going to have to sleep with me tonight,” I announced in a Scottish accent.

He laughed and blushed at the same time. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad being his girlfriend, I mean I like him. Not necessarily love him, but I liked him.

“Um…I’m just going to get dressed.” He fumbled with his suitcase and grabbed a pair of shorts along with a toothbrush. Once he headed to the bathroom I walked around the room and spotted a notebook in Vincent’s suitcase.

Wouldn’t hurt to peak would it?

Slowly, I grabbed the notebook and sat on the bed, eager of what was written inside it, I was about to open it when I heard someone emerge out of the bathroom. I quickly hid the notebook under the pillow and sat up straight.

My eyes literally bulged out when I realised Vincent was shirtless. Oh my was his body sexy and toned.

Darn it, don’t do this Rosalie! Not when you’re sleeping in the same room. You can’t let your hormones control you. Not tonight anyway. 

Vincent caught me gawking and looked pleased with himself. 

“Show off,” I muttered to myself.

He walked towards the bed, his muscles flexing with every movement. I felt my body get all tingly.

“Is it okay if I sleep here?” he asked.

I just nodded staring at his abs.

He lay down on the bed right beside me.

Wait? Did I just say he could sleep in the same bed with me? Darn these hormones!

~Edited By Silver (silverfires)~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 1.7K 20
Rosalie Elizabeth Reeves, a girl with her last year of high school left. Her main goal is to move out as soon as possible so that she can study for h...
277 12 38
Bella Moray liked to live in her comfort zone. There she was safe and no one could hurt her. That is, until she realised she was about to graduate h...
983K 26K 59
First day of college. Darcy Winters is a new student, she's quiet, quirky, lovable but not what people expect when they really get to know her, she p...
101 39 41
Senior Rosalie Kingston has lost all faith in love. After a series of heartbreaks and disappointments, Rosalie has firmly concluded that love is noth...