Unexpected

By sincerelydlm

Riley Matthews becomes pregnant her senior year of high school. A baby can change your future for the best. H... More

The Beginning
An Angel is Born
Provoked
NoteπŸ’•
Life's a Rollercoaster
Life Just Keeps on Going....
Buckle Up...

I Love You

2.9K 72 24
By sincerelydlm

Sorry for any grammar errors. I didn't have much time to proofread. Please read the note at the bottom.

Riley and Lucas were currently waiting in the lobby for Cory Matthews to pull up Lucas' car and finally be able to leave the hospital. They decided it was best to use a car instead of the subway due to Riley's inability to walk for a long distance and Bella's safety. Maya, Auggie, and Farkle had decided to stay at the Matthews residence to set up Bella's crib and clean up Riley's room. They had a large task ahead of them since the panic of labor, clothes were thrown around trying to get ready as fast as possible.

Topanga grabbed her granddaughter's diaper bag and abundance of gifts and begafifn to make her way towards the automatic door. "Your father is finally here. Took him long enough."

Lucas grabbed his daughter's car seat gently with one arm and held on to Riley's hand with the other. Riley slipped into the back seat with ease and Lucas went to the other side of the car to give his first attempt at putting in a car seat. With ease, he placed his daughter and her car seat without a problem.

Cory stared at his daughter's boyfriend with shock on his face. He couldn't believe the teen had managed to put in the car seat correctly on the first try. It had taken him about five minutes to get it right with Riley. "Wait. He got it on the first try? How many times have you done this? How many kids do you have? See Topanga I told you he was thirty two."

Topanga rolled her eyes at her husband who was currently rambling on about Lucas' amazing accomplishment with the car seat. She couldn't help but laugh at his antics that she has been dealing with for the majority of her life. "Cory, get in the passenger seat. You're not driving."

"But why Topanga", Cory sullenly asked his wife.

Topanga walked to the truck and put away all the items. She then made her way to the other side of the backseat to sit next to her granddaughter."One, it's Lucas' car and two, there is a reason you mainly take the subway. Not all of us are meant to drive in New York City."

"You crash into street poles and all of a sudden you're a horrible driver", Cory grumbled. He sat down in the passenger seat next to Lucas and stared ahead. Sure he wasn't an amazing driver but he wasn't horrible. He had knocked down a few street signs but nothing major.

.

.

.

Maya had planned the perfect baby shower with the help of Topanga and Farkle. She wasn't very familiar with what has to be done to plan a baby shower so she needed some serious help. Topanga gave her some ideas of games and activities that could be played at the party. While Farkle and Zay were going to be his assistant for all of this. They would help her get the items she requested from different stores, the cake to pick up, and to make sure this baby shower was a hit. Maya had to admit she was very nervous about throwing a baby shower, but it was for her little plant and she'd do anything for her. Maya had sent out beautiful pastel pink invitations with the calligraphy specifically done by herself to all the party guests. Riley was very popular at school and had managed to keep a steady amount of friends. Maya wanted nothing more but for this party to be a success. She knew her best friend was stressed out with school, and becoming a teenage mother. This would be an amazing way to distract her for an afternoon and allow her to have fun. She had gotten Lucas in on the surprise baby shower and had instructed him to distract Riley until noon when the baby shower would start.

It was finally the Saturday afternoon of the shower and it was now time for the party to start and Maya felt anxious. Most of the party guests had shown up and were ready to get this started. Lucas had texted her saying that they were on the subway back to the Matthews apartment. There was a slight problem amid all the perfection. The cake wasn't here yet. She had texted Farkle to hurry but he only responded with an 'okay'. She had sent out both Farkle and Zay on this final important task and she hoped they would arrive soon. This cake would be everything Riley wanted. She made sure it included all her favorite cake flavors, icing, and fillings. This cake would be...well...the icing on the cake for this afternoon. And it all depended on two teenage boys to get here with it. She trusted Farkle, but Zay was questionable at times with his responsibility.

From: Sundance

We're outside the building. We'll be up in two minutes. Get ready pancakes.

She rolled her eyes at her nickname from Lucas since eight grade. But right now that was the least of her problems. Farkle and cowboy #2 weren't even here yet! They were dead when Maya saw them the next time. "Everyone hide! Riles is coming up!"

Maya ran to hide behind the coat rack in the Matthews's living room. She heard the door slowly begin to open and a pregnant seven month Riley walking in with Lucas trailing behind. Maya ran out from her spot toward her best friend. "Surprise! This is for you Riles!"

Riley stumbled backward slightly at the sudden appearance of her friends yelling surprise at her. She was caught by Lucas so she wouldn't fall. "Maya! This is amazing! I love it! Your the best sister I could ask for!"

The baby shower was a hit. It turned out Zay and Farkle dropped Riley's baby shower cake after arguing on who was going to carry the cake in the car. The boys had to go back and buy another cake already made in the bakery. Riley wasn't mad at the accident but Maya was another story. If looks could kill, Farkle and Zay wouldn't be alive.

.

.

.

Riley climbed out of her boyfriend's car ready to get inside and relax without being confined to a hospital room. Riley grabbed her daughter's bag and waited for Lucas to grab Bella's car seat. Cory and Topanga had decided to go buy some food for the family and had taken Lucas' car with them. They slowly and carefully made their way inside the quiet apartment. Which was weird considering that Maya, Farkle, and Auggie were here. As they proceed to Riley's room, well now Riley and Bella's room. The room would be where Lucas would also be staying when he would stay over at the Matthews. Both families had come to the agreement that Lucas, Riley and Bella would be spending significant time at both the Matthews and Friar household. They would alternate at each household every three weeks until the couple could find a small place of their own. As they approached the door to the room, Riley could hear the arguing of her best friends and brother.

"All I'm saying is that the crib should be on the right side of the room so she's in the middle of Riles and the bay window", Maya argued with the two boys in front of her.

"But that's not safe", Auggie frustratingly said. "Closer to the window equals close her to danger."

"You sound just like Cory", Maya laughed with an eye roll. " Mini Cory, just agree with me already."

"But what if Bella is at higher risk of danger by being closer to the window", Farkle questioned the blonde standing in front of him.

"Oh please", Maya sighed with frustration.

"I think th-", Lucas spoke before being abruptly cut off by Maya.

Maya was too distracted to notice that it was Lucas attempting to voice his opinion. "You think nothing. Wait...You guys are finally here!"

Maya eagerly ran towards Riley and embraced her in a very tight hug. "Be careful Peaches. I'm still in a bit of pain. And whatever Maya says about the crib, I agree with her."

"I'm sorry little plant. I'm just so happy your'e finally out of that hospital", Maya laughed sheepishly.

Lucas walked away from the girls and allowed them to catch up on their own. He set his daughter in her car seat on the bed and proceeded to help Farkle move the crib to where both Riley and Maya wanted it. Auggie eagerly accepted the task of sitting with Bella will the boys moved the crib and the girls finished fixing Bella's clothes. "Zay called me today. He said he's excited to get back already from his early college tour."

"I miss Zay. I can't wait until he gets back. The group isn't complete without him", Riley responded as she grabbed Bella from her car seat. The newborn looked around eagerly in her mother's arms.

"We need humor in the group", Farkle spoke up. "No one in the group other than him is remotely funny."

"That's very true", Riley laughed. "Although I find myself very funny."

"Let's hope our daughter doesn't have your humor princess"Lucas smirked at his girlfriend. Riley stuck out her tongue at him in a playful manner and laughed.

.

.

.

Riley and Lucas were currently laying down on her bed staring at the fairy lights hanging on Riley's walls. Lucas had insisted on putting them up after he heard talking to Maya about really wanting fairy lights in her room. Riley had her head on Lucas' chest and his arm was around her small frame. They were sitting in silence looking up at the lights imagining hundreds of stars in the sky.

Riley closed her eyes and began to imagine how their baby would look like. Would the baby have her chocolate brown eyes or Lucas' forest green eyes? Would the baby have her nose or mouth? The possibilities were endless. She was dragged out of her daydream by the sudden jolt in her lower abdomen. She quickly got up into a sitting position and her hands went instinctively to her baby belly. "Lucas! I just felt something! Do you think something is wrong?"

"What's wrong Princess? What did you feel", Lucas anxiously asked his petrified girlfriend.

"It was like a tap inside my stomach. It's hard to describe", Riley attempted to explain to him but tears started to form in her eyes.

"Hold up. Let's call your moms phone. She should know what to do." Lucas grabbed his cellphone from his pocket and quickly dialed Topanga's number. He handed the phone to Riley who immediately began to talk to her mother. They talked for a good four minutes until Riley hung up the phone and handed it back to a nervous Lucas. "What did she say?"

"She said everything is fine. My mom said it was the baby kicking for the first time." A smile appeared on Riley's face as she looked down at her pregnant belly. "She said it would be happening more often."

"That's amazing Princess! The baby kicked!" Lucas laughed as he embraced his girlfriend. "I love both of you."

.

.

.

Lucas had just finished his homework for school tomorrow. He was returning after missing today. He didn't really want to go to school but knew it was crucial to go if he wanted to keep his scholarship and go to NYU. He wished he could spend every minute of his life with his daughter and Riley. He'd never thought he would have a family this early in his life, but he would never change it. Luckily for Riley and him, Topanga had offered to give them part-time jobs at Topanga's. They were in the process of figuring out the schedule so at least one of them would be with Bella. They knew things would begin to get difficult especially with college, but they weren't going to give up easily. It was currently 11 p.m. and his favorite girls had been asleep since 9 p.m. in the night. He was ready to call it a night after all the homework he had just finished. Just as he got ready for bed and began to lay down when Bella let out a piercing scream. He instinctively went to his daughter and lifted her from her crib. "What's wrong baby? Are you hungry? Maybe your diaper? Let's hope mom doesn't wake up. She needs to rest."

"No, you need to rest. You have school tomorrow. Let me get her a bottle ready." Riley got up out of bed and made her way towards the kitchen. She carefully closed the door behind her.

Bella stopped crying as soon as Lucas sat down on the bay window and begun to slowly rock her. Bella starred up intently at him with her beautiful emerald green eyes. "I love you darling. You'll be okay."

Riley walked into the room two minutes later with a warm bottle of baby milk. "Lucas, I can take her. You need to sleep."

"No. I'll take this one Riles", Lucas shook his head but his stare was still fixed on his daughter.

"Fine", Riley grumbled. "But the next one is my turn subway boy. You have school."

"Whatever you want city girl" Lucas lifted his head and smirked at his girlfriend. Riley leaned in for a kiss and he gladly accepted it. "I love you. Now go to sleep."

"I love you too", Riley smiled at her boyfriend. She laid down and admired the father-daughter duo sitting at the bay window under the moonlight. She closed her eyes after a few minutes of admiring the most important people in her life.

Lucas fed Bella was able to burp her after Riley had taught him earlier in the day. He gently rocked his daughter for another five minutes until she had fallen asleep. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and laid her down on her crib. He walked over to his side of the bed and was finally able to sleep. Before he closed his eyes, he checked the clock, it read 11:30 p.m. Bonding a little more with his daughter was worth missing some sleep. The moment he laid his head down, he quickly fell asleep with a smile on his face.

Thank you so much for reading! Sorry for not updating sooner but life got in the way. But I will be updating once a week from now on. Drama his heading the way of our favorite couple.

I wanted to ask you guys something. I'm in the process of writing a one shot involving Texas. But I don't want to make a separate book just for it. I was wondering if you guys were okay with me posting it here. It won't affect this story at all. Please review, I love reading them! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.1K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.3M 57.1K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
753K 27.9K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...