Following Traditions of the O...

By Ky_Free

Sequel to Meant to Be Dusty, Trevor, and Onyx are off on their journey to become a huntsman or huntress. All... More

Starting a New Life
Initiation Day
Classes
Something That Came as a Surprise
Writing a Letter Home
Parents Meeting the Children
The Aftermath
Mission
The Hard Times
Happy Birthday Dusty
Tournament
Anger, Recklessness, and Heartache
The Funeral
The White Fang
Are We Safe
Counter Attack
The Beginning of Change
Graduation Day
The Curtain Closes on Another Day

Letters Received

44 2 0
By Ky_Free

Blake's P.O.V.

I went and got the mail and scanned through it. Something caught my eye in the small pile. It was a letter, from Dusty. A smile came to life. I wonder how things are going for everyone. I broke the seal on the envelope and began to read the letter.

'Dear Mom,

You were right. I am enjoying it here. There are still some of your professors here. Goodwitch, Oobleck, Port... I've been placed with a good team. Team DLTA. With the "D" being first, you might assume who the leader is. Yeah, I was chosen to be the leader. It's almost a replay of when you, mom, Aunt Ruby, and Aunt Weiss were here and placed into a team.

I'm doing well in my classes, even though today was only the second day. Goodwitch mistaken me for you. It was kind of funny if you ask me, but I cleared that up. She asked about you and mom. It wasn't easy to say that mom died. She gave me her condolences. She's a lot nicer now. She actually gave me a smile. I have her combat class second every day. I love it. I'm improving on my fighting skills.

Trevor and I became partners on the day of initiation. I made sure that I was with one of them or cousins. We have amazing teammates. There's Luna Lang and Aulisor Sho. They seem tough and intimidating at first, based on their appearance, but they're really nice. I kicked Aulisor's butt in combat class the first day when Goodwitch was evaluating us. Everyone was surprised, including Goodwitch. He's like a foot taller than me. A fourteen year old girl beats a seventeen year old guy. It was kind of funny but it was still a blast to see what my teammate could do on the battlefield.

He and Trev got into a slight disagreement at lunch yesterday. Kinda was over me. Trev was being the protective brother again. I don't really understand why he and Onyx are so protective of me. They won't give me a straight answer. I feel like they're hiding something from me. Do you know anything about it by chance?

Apparently Trevor and I somewhat famous here at Beacon. Team RWBY was one of the best teams that Beacon's ever seen. Aulisor knew exactly who we were when we mentioned our last name. He concluded it to mom. Trevor explained to them what happened seven years ago. I even showed them our family photo that I brought with me. Luna commented that we looked so happy together. I really miss her mom.

Yesterday Aulisor and I got to know each other more as we walked from combat to lunch. He even asked me about my semblance. He was the first one that's been interested in it. His semblance is speed, like Aunt Rose. He makes me laugh and smile and happy. He looks out for me like Trevor and Onyx. Hence why he and Trev had a slight disagreement.

Oh, Onyx is the leader of his team too. Team ORIN. Then Justine is the leader of hers. Team JPTR. We've all settled in now. The relics this year were animals, which I found weird but I know you had chess pieces. Trev and I were the first pair to reach the temple. It was easy. Just had to fight off a few beowolves. No biggie.

Oh, I almost forgot! I have someone special in my life. It just kinda happened, you know? Just like how it was with you and mom. He takes good care of me mom. You'd really like him. Now, don't get upset when I say this. He's seventeen and it's also Aulisor. I don't know if you'd disapprove, but he makes me feel happy mom. He's the first guy that I've come to meet in a long time that isn't scared of me or doesn't think I'm a freak or anything. He sees me for me. He doesn't care that I'm a faunus. He thinks it's kinda cute actually. Not to mention he did comment on my huntress attire saying that I looked cute in it. I know he won't do anything to hurt me. He looks out for the ones he cares for.

Oh yeah, he and Luna are cousins. That kinda explained some questions I asked myself the first night. We won't let you down mom. We'll fight our hardest and become strong. We'll make you proud by graduation day.

I miss you! I hope all is well at home. Maybe we can meet up sometime in Vale. You can meet Aulisor then.

Love you!

~ Dust'

I was at a loss of words. She found someone that she cares about and that cares about her? And he's seventeen? I rubbed my forehead as I tried to comprehend this. She's fourteen for heaven's sake! I do disapprove of this. He's three years older than her. She could easily be taken advantage of. She doesn't understand what it's like to be attracted to someone. I let out a sigh of frustration. It's too soon for her to experience this.

I got up and grabbed the materials needed to construct a letter. This weekend I will go into Vale to see her and meet this Aulisor.

Dear Dusty,

I glad to hear that you've settled in and made some friends. I'm so proud of you! You'll make a wonderful leader, just like your aunt.

I know you miss her. So do I. Every single day. You shouldn't have seen that that day. You shouldn't have seen what happened outside while your mother and I fought this bad man.

I will be in Vale this weekend. We can meet up then. I would like to meet this Aulisor. Like you said that you didn't know if I would disapprove of this and I do. He's three years older than you sweetie. You're too young to go through this. I don't want you to be taken advantaged of.

Tell your brothers that I send my love. I will see you soon darling. I will meet you in the Beacon courtyard. We can get lunch the three of us. Tell your brothers that I will see them another time. Right now, we must deal with this matter.

I love you so very much. You were a gift given to us. Your mother and I are so very proud of you and your brothers. You all have come a long way.

~ Mom

I placed the letter into an envelope and I waited until this afternoon when the postman returns to see if there's anything that needs to be mailed out. This is going to a long week.

***

Mrs. Sho's P.O.V.

The butler brought in the mail as we sat at the table for breakfast. "Thank you Jerry." I took the mail and he walked out of the room. I went through it to find a letter from our beloved Aulisor. I opened it to read its contents.

'Dear mom and dad,

How are things back home? I bet Danny is lonesome now with me gone. Tell the kid I said hi.

Beacon is amazing. I'm part of a remarkable team. Team DLTA. Luna and I partnered in the forest on initiation. You wouldn't believe who else we have on our team. Do you remember Team RWBY at all? Well the son and daughter of Blake and Yang are the other two members of the team. Trevor and Dusty Xiao Long. They're really nice. You'd like them. Dusty is younger than the rest of us. She's only fourteen. Three years younger than her brother Trevor and two years younger than her other brother, Onyx Arc. Apparently Jaune and Pyrrha had a single child. I guess Blake and Yang were his godparents. That would be the only conclusion I would come to to explain why he lives with them.

Things haven't been easy for the three of them. Onyx lost his parents at the age of eight. They died fighting a group of Grimm that came to their house to protect their son. I feel bad for the kid. Then something similar happen to Trevor and Dust. Onyx was already living with them when this happened. They told us a story from seven years ago. A man came to their home and the three of them hid. Blake and Yang fought him the best they could. Sadly, Yang was killed during the fight. Apparently Blake hasn't been the same since. Yang was like her soulmate or something. They went through so much together those two. I feel bad for them for having to go through so much pain and sadness.

You wouldn't believe how strong Dust is. She kicked my butt in a fight on our first day in combat class with Goodwitch. For a girl a foot shorter than me, she's full of surprises. Goodwitch mistaken her for Blake, that's how much she looks like her mother. She's remarkable. You would love her, just as I do. Yes, I fell in love with the leader of my team. It couldn't be helped, you know?

I just knew that she was the one when I walked on that stage when the headmaster announced the teams. She definitely took after her mother, well Blake. She's so carefree yet mysterious. You need to meet this girl. I feel like I just found the girl that I've been searching for my entire life. Was it like this for you guys? I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.

I miss you all. I really do. Hope to hear from you soon. I love you.

~ Aulisor'

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Our son is in love with a fourteen year old faunus girl! I have no idea on how to respond to this. I don't know if I should be happy for him or scold him for making a foolish choice. My husband looked over at me after reading the paper. "Is everything alright honey," he asked. I handed him the letter to read. "So? What's the big deal? He found someone that he cares about. We should be happy for him. Plus, don't you remember Blake from school?" How could he be so calm about this situation?

"Yes, I remember Blake quite well. How can you not forget her? A criminal attending our school and everyone doesn't seem to care! I don't want our family's reputation to be tarnished because of her daughter being in love with our son. She's only fourteen as well! Do you realize how bad that looks?" I was beyond the point of remaining calm.

"Darling, why don't we go into Vale to see them? It wouldn't hurt to meet the young woman," he suggested. I groaned at the idea but I agreed nonetheless. I guess it wouldn't hurt to meet the girl. "How about this weekend? We can meet them at the school." I just gave a nod. He had already finished his breakfast and he retired to his study to write back to our son.

Mr. Sho's P.O.V.

I don't see why she's so uptight about this. It's young love. They're only kids. I walked to my study so I could write a reply to his friendly letter.

Dear Aulisor,

That's splendid news that you've been placed on a fine team. Your mother and I are so proud of you. I know you will do your very best there as we did many years ago.

This girl, Dusty, she sounds lovely. We would love to meet her. How about this weekend? Your mother and I can meet you at the school and then go get a bite to eat somewhere. Have our first meeting on neutral ground.

We will tell your brother that you said hello. He misses you son. Maybe we can have a family visit in the city sometime when a break arises.

I will warn you, your mother isn't exactly pleased with this relationship of yours with Miss Xiao Long. She wasn't fond of her mother while we were at school, to put it nicely. I have no doubt that she's a lovely girl as you've briefly said in your letter.

I hope to see you Aulisor. Say hello to your cousin for us. Wish you the best of luck as you continue your journey at becoming a huntsman.

~ Dad

I placed the letter into an envelope and gave it to our butler to mail for me. I just hope that my beloved will "cool off" before we see them.

***

Dusty's P.O.V.

The following day, I received a letter from mom. Once I completed my assignments for Goodwitch and Oobleck, I opened the letter to see what she had to say.

'Dear Dusty,

I glad to hear that you've settled in and made some friends. I'm so proud of you! You'll make a wonderful leader, just like your aunt.

I know you miss her. So do I. Every single day. You shouldn't have seen that that day. You shouldn't have seen what happened outside while your mother and I fought this bad man.

I will be in Vale this weekend. We can meet up then. I would like to meet this Aulisor. Like you said that you didn't know if I would disapprove of this and I do. He's three years older than you sweetie. You're too young to go through this. I don't want you to be taken advantaged of.

Tell your brothers that I send my love. I will see you soon darling. I will meet you in the Beacon courtyard. We can get lunch the three of us. Tell your brothers that I will see them another time. Right now, we must deal with this matter.

I love you so very much. You were a gift given to us. Your mother and I are so very proud of you and your brothers. You all have come a long way.

~ Mom'

My blood ran cold. This weekend? Oh boy, this is going to be very interesting. Aulisor also received a reply from his parents. He had the same expression on his face. "Not so good news from your parents," I asked. He looked at me while running his fingers through his shaggy hair and letting out a puff of air.

"You could say that. How about you," he asked.

"Same. My mom wants to meet you this weekend. She isn't exactly... happy with the fact that you're seventeen while I'm fourteen," I replied.

He just laughed nervously. "My parents want to meet you this weekend as well. This is going to be one very interesting weekend. My mom isn't happy about it either. Apparently she wasn't the greatest of friends with your mother." Well, not everyone accepted faunus back then and still don't today. So I'm not that overly surprised.

I sat on the edge of my bed with the letter in hand, not knowing how to let it all sink in. Aulisor basically flopped backwards onto his. That's when Luna and Trev walked in. They were a bit confused with how we were acting. "Everything okay guys," Luna asked. We both shook our heads.

"Our parents want to meet up with us this weekend. They aren't exactly thrilled so to speak with this whole thing," Aulisor replied. Trevor rolled his eyes, knowing that mom would disapprove. He wasn't too happy when he found out himself, but he knew that Aulisor would take very good care of me and keep me safe. "Oh, they say hi by the way Luna."

"What did mom say," my brother asked.

"She sends her love to you and Onyx and that she would get together with us all at another time. She just wants to see Aulisor and me," I answered, still in a daze. He sat down next to me, rubbing my back as he tried to calm me down.

"Everything will be okay sis. Once mom meets him, she will see that Aulisor is someone who doesn't pull anything. I know that for a fact." He looked over at our teammate with an encouraging smile. We needed all the support we could get right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 242 64
"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as fairytale..." After the events of volume 4, Fourteen Year Old Jessica Ciane's final years at Signal...
100 0 13
Summary: The story revolves around a team of 4 girls, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiou Long, as they live their lives trainin...
27.2K 555 19
A Godhunter, Y/N, a special fox faunus, goes to Beacon Academy to become an official Huntress, as well as train under Professor Ozpin. How will her l...
121K 2.5K 70
Remnant, a world formed by 4 kingdoms after "The Great War" had happened in the past... Atlas, Vacuo, Mistral and Vale have their own perspective aca...