white on white [sequel] ✔️

By rapturedsoul

Adjusting to high school life is never easy. When it comes to friends- and love interests- it can get really... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
a u t h o r ' s n o t e
a n n o u n c e m e n t

t w o

2.7K 159 138
By rapturedsoul

Songs:

Tempest ~ SOHN
Bridges~ Broods
Beggin for Thread / BTS Remix ~ Banks

//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.

I squinted my eyes into the bright light that I became so confused by. I could hear the trickle of water dripping off the broken faucet in the nearby bathroom and the chirping of sparrows outside the lake houses. What time was it?

I tried moving but stopped when I felt something stir underneath me.

Shit.

I attempted to roll over on my back but was stopped when I felt arms pull back on me tighter.

Daring to open my eyes, I saw the form of Troye laying beneath me. His scrawny arms were wrapped tightly around my torso and his legs were endlessly tangled with mine. His eyes were closed but he smirked when I tried moving again.

"Let me go Troye."

He popped an eye open and let out a raspy chuckle.

"No."

"Troye."

He giggled and nuzzled his head into my neck. I loved the feeling but I didn't let it show. I couldn't let it show.

"Troyeeee."

I struggled to once again get out of his embrace and moved my head enough so I could look around the room.

It was empty. Thank god because I don't know how I would explain the heated cuddling going on between Troye and I.

My side hit the ground to the right of the mattress and I braced my rib with my two hands.

"Ooww."

Troye laughed and I moved to glare at him.

"Shouldn't have moved."

"Asshole."

"You love it."

I punched the boy in the arm and he whimpered at the sudden pain.

"You wish."

I stood up quickly, getting a small headrush before stumbling to the small bathroom with the leaking faucet.

Turning around, I laughed as I caught Troye staring (probably at my ass) and closed the bathroom door.

Looking in the mirror, I stared into the reflection of forest green eyes and messy brown hair. Running the leaky tap, I splashed my hands in the water before bringing the water to my face. Staring at my dark bags, large pores, and the tangled fluff that hung off my forehead, I sighed and stripped down so I could take a quick shower.

Feeling the warm water rolling off my hot skin made me quiver and it made me imagine hands rolling down the same skin.

The hands were skinny with long fingers, smooth skin and a comforting touch. The feeling of the hands on my skin heated the cold, frigid chill of my back. The touch was loving.

Then the hands changed to large, disproportionate palms that were rough with calluses and dry from labor. The hands got bigger and sharper, meaner and willing to cut through anything. I felt the blade, a silver point cut deep into my pale skin leaving deep red gashes. I could see the deep crimson blood dripping down my sides and arms, mixing in with the once clear tap water.

I screamed.

Hot tears ran down my face and the overwhelming feeling of fear overtook my body.

Memories. Memories. Memories.

"CONNOR!!"

The bathroom door was suddenly slammed open and in came Troye with a terrified look on his face. Ignoring the fact I was completely naked, he rushed to grab a beige towel from the rack. He quickly got to the shower and turned off the running water. His hands encased the towel and threw the fabric around my shoulders. Now wrapped in the towel, Troye cradled me in the cocoon and sat  down on the tiled floor.

"Shh. Shh. Don't cry baby don't cry. Your okay. Your okay."

I felt his warming touch as hot tears continually streaming down my cheeks, thus choking me up even more.

I wasn't close to being okay.

Troye kept up with my crying by rubbing small circles onto my back as well as running his fingers through my wet hair.

We must've stayed like this for an hour and it took everything for me to get up.

"Thank you. I don't know what happened..I just..his hands wont go away and.."

"Shh. Connie don't worry please. It's just thoughts. It's all thoughts and memories in your head. He's gone now okay? He won't hurt you anymore."

"I know...I just.."

I trailed off and let a few more tears trickle down my cheeks.

"I'm broken."

"Your not broken baby your just very bent."

I sighed at his attempt to make the situation seem better and I wrapped myself tighter into the towel. Standing up, I looked down to find Troye's reassuring face.

"We should probably eat breakfast."

He nodded solemnly and stood up as well.

"Here I'll help you get dressed."

Any other day I would've argued or teased Troye for being overly flirty but right now, having Troye help me get dressed seemed like the best way to deal with my breakdown at the moment.

I stood in the drafty lake house, only clutching my towel as Troye rummaged through the rustic drawer where I kept spare clothes.

"Here."

In his hands were a well styled yet comfortable looking outfit; my favorite green hoodie, grey joggers, black nikes, and a grey beanie.

"On second thought, I think I will take this."

Troye smirked and handed me the bundle, keeping the beanie to himself.

"Hey!"

He hopped away and I knew it wasn't worth chasing him so I went into the bathroom again and quickly changed into the more comfortable outfit.

As I walked out in my clothes, Troye smirked at me again and led me to the screen door . that ultimately led to the main house.

Had he been checking me out?

Nah.

Noticing the sky, overcast with clouds, I predicted either rain or snow. Most likely snow especially since it's the end of February. Both Troye and I were walking down the dirt path to the building when I began to grow cold.

My hair was still wet.

"Troye I'm coldddd. Seriously give me the fucking beanie."

"Well at least be nice about it!"

I scoffed but asked nicely for it anyway.

"May I, Connor Franta, pretty please have that beanie so I don't freeze my ass off?"

Troye chuckled and looked like he was going to say something else but gave up and plopped the beanie onto my head.

"Thank youuu asshole."

He rolled his eyes but I bounded toward the door and entered the kitchen with Troye right behind me.

Inside sat everyone I had come to know.

Josh was cooking an array of breakfast dishes even though it was already 10:30am. Colleen sat at the kitchen table reading the newspaper along with Mikey who sat at the other end listening to music on his headphones. Zoe was teaching Alexis how to beat up a guy properly and Caspar was unfortunately their test dummy.

Alfie however wasn't present and had probably already left for a lacrosse tournament that I knew began today. Blessing was currently starting a charades competition with Korey and Tyler was huddled in a corner with Ben, each on their own laptops- probably stalking hot guys.

Once Troye and I had entered the room, everyone seemed to flip.

"Where were you??"

"Jeez I was worried!!"

"What were you doing ALONE!?"

"Did you hook up yet??"

I put my thumbs to my temples as Troye and I were bombarded with questions.

"Can you all pipe the fuck down please??"

That stopped their endless questions.

"Everything is fine. I just woke up and I was just taking a shower okay? Troye just waited."

"Awe that's cute."

Tyler snorted and Troye flipped him off.

Eventually we convinced everyone we were actually alright and tasks at hand were once again resumed. Colleen and Josh had retreated to the kitchen to start making hot cocoa and some other treat called s'mores. As for the rest of us, Zoe had started a game she called "Chosen". Sounded like a horror movie to me.

"Okay this is how it works. Everyone is going to sit in the circle and every other person is either heads or tails. One person will flip a quarter. Depending on whether the side is heads or tails, the person is able to pick from the people who were assigned either heads or tails. So if my coin lands on heads, I can pick anyone who is assigned heads."

"So what do you DO to them?"

"Shut up Korey I'm getting to that."

I giggled along with the rest of the group and Zoe gave us all a death stare before continuing.

"ANYWAYS, the person you pick is asked one question from the opposing team, in this case tails. The question can be a dare, a personal question, or challenge. If the person doesn't do it, they can pass over the question to someone else on their team for one lost point. The team to loose all ten points first looses."

"Come again?"

Zoe rolled her eyes and thew a pillow at the now laughing Troye.

"So it's basically a big and complicated version of truth or dare."

"Yes Ben that's basically it."

Despite everyone's confusion, we began the game.

"Alright I got heads. I dare...CASPAR! GO STREAK IN THE COLD!"

Everyone covered their mouths in horror as reality set in- it was snowing and probably less than 20 degrees outside.

"Shit Ty that's not fair! It's cold and fucking snowing!!"

"Cmon don't be a pussy."

"How would you know what it's like to be a pussy...?"

Everyone oohhed and praised Caspar.

"...but because I'm not a coward I will do it."

Cheering was present for the South African as he stripped to his boxers and got ready to face the cold, frigid air.

"Here I go bitches!"

Caspar ran out the front door and Korey followed, dressed in a coat and boots, with his phone in hand to capture the moment.

Everyone inside began laughing their ass off as Caspar ran down the street like a madman. Korey was not hesitant in getting the ENTIRE thing on video.

Once Caspar got back inside, panting and wrapped in multiple layers of blankets, we all sat down on the cozy black couches in front of the huge fireplace.

Colleen and Josh came in with trays full of mugs steaming with hot chocolate, a couple plates with cookies, and even more with s'mores which I found out were "the camping and winter trademark treat".

"That was insane." Caspar bundled further into the six blankets he was sporting over his clothes.

Zoe beamed, patting Caspar on the back gallantly.

"Streaking in the cold? What a legend!"

"Casp and it was ten fucking degrees too." Troye showed his phone to Caspar with the weather app open.

I congratulated Caspar with a real smile on my face. "That surprised me to say the least."

He nodded his head with pride.

Looking around at my friends, sitting together drinking hot cocoa on a cold winters day made me grateful for having the love I did and it made me, even if for a short time, forget about my black on black world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.8K 25
Connor helps Troye get back on his feet after his life begins to fall apart but under one condition...yet, it becomes more complicated when Connor do...
387K 19.2K 25
When Troye is admitted to a psychiatric ward following a suicide attempt, the only thing he wants is to get discharged as soon as possible. The last...
210K 12K 33
Troye and Connor have a running feud. Growing up together; you'd think the two boys would have an everlasting friendship, unable to break the bond be...
156K 5.2K 39
"Don't let this one bad thing wear you down, because someday this will make you stronger." AU || Tronnor || written by cyclebabies ||...