Shadow and the Lost Ones

By Lind3r

Lost, alone, confused and frightened, many people are finding themselves trapped in a dark labyrinth of a for... More

Danny, 17

Linder, X

6 0 0
By Lind3r

My ears softly rung by my heart beat as I stumbled through the forest in which I was trapped. It was a labyrinth of darkness, and how I found my way to such a fateless place, might I never know. The problem wasn't that of the fact that I was lost, but merely that no matter how far I seemed to travel, I did not tire, and I found myself trekking past the same familiar woods as before. I was unusually calm to be in such a wretched place. I would've guessed I had been here months, only, I hadn't eaten since I found myself here, and the sun has not yet risen. Death seemed a beautiful thing by now. I continued onward as I had done rhythmically before, through the fog and night. The silence of this place is haunting. No sound to be heard other than my own heartbeat, not even a breeze to rustle the dried bone branches of the trees. Even my own heart beat was a faint sound, and it didn't sound as it should. It wasn't the natural drumming sound I had grown accustomed to, but one of a higher pitched tone. And it was ever so slow...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 15.3K 48
Vikram, a senior officer, prioritizes his duty above all else, much like his father, ACP Rajendra. He has three siblings: one is an officer, and the...
Fate By Mani

General Fiction

357K 18.4K 96
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...
373K 23K 38
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
208K 12.1K 43
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...