Mine

By MidnightShadowsgeek

So imagine that you just moved to a small town, which is surrounded by a never-ending forest, with your broth... More

Beginning..
The Dream
I'm Your What Now?

School- Help me!

82 2 0
By MidnightShadowsgeek

Thanks! THANKS A LOT YOU INCREDIBLE PERSON!!! Sorry!

                         _Kate Wend_

Racing passed the blurred trees, I heaved to run faster. Everything was blurred as I ran deeper into the forest. I panted, stopping as soon as I reached the destination. A meadow. It's a meadow deep in the forest with a small stream of water passing through the middle of it. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

I felt a happy smile on my face as I slowly stepped into the meadow. The dusk sky made the meadow seem even more magical. Like out of a book or movie.

I stood only a few steps from the stream. A loud thunderous growl silenced everything but the cool October wind, that blew. I stared, shock and awed, at the other side of the stream, in front of me.

A large pitch black wolf stood facing me. His shiny black fur reminded me of a raven, and it's piercing golden eyes shined through the dark. His eyes bored into mine, locking our eyes onto each other.

Strangely, I didn't feel scared or frightened by the wolf. instead, I felt amazing and safe.

Like I wanted to just kiss and hug the wolf till I couldn't anymore. Like I wasn't in any danger at all or would be in any danger for the rest of my life.

And the fact that I felt that way, terrified me.

"KATIE! KATE!! WAKE UPPPP!" A framiler voice shouted, waking me up.

I groaned as my eyes fluttered open. Dean was out the door before I could say anything else. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up in my bed.

I scowled as I got up for the day. Routinely, I took a quick shower, did my business and things like brushing my teeth, and got dressed.

After the shower, I changed into some ripped jeans, a lavender colored sleeve-less shirt that became flowy at the waistline, and some combat boots. Next, I put on some small square silver earrings, two golden simple bracelets, and a small golden necklace with a simple rose, and a star on it. Then, I put on my usual make up, which consists of concealer, black eyeliner, and chapstick with daps of lipstick.

I brush my brownish black long hair. I loved my hair. My dark hair made my almost tan skin pop out because of it's paleness. My body was average in height and weight,  but in those "all the right places" areas, I'm slightly bigger than an average 18 year old, but not too big. Just slightly bigger, but not too noticeably. 

I popped a strawberry mint in my mouth before grabbing my phone and shoving it into my pocket. As I walked out of my room, I grabbed my blue plaid backpack.

WHAT THE HECK?!

As soon as I walked out of my room, I noticed that it was silent. Usually, in the mornings, my brother had at least some kind of noise because he's clumsy- like me. Or at least some kind of music playing. But nothing. He probably left again..

I dragged myself down stairs and out the door. Time for school.. God help me.

A loud car honked snapped me out of my moppyiness.

Turning my head, I saw a small black car sitting in front of my house.

Immediately I knew who it was. Dean.

Racing, I quickly hopped in the car just before he took off.

"WOAH! What's the rush to my prison?" I asked as Dean raced through the empty streets.

Dean smiled sheepishly, "..Sorry..."

After a moment, I sighed, "You're going away again.."

"Yeah.." Dean confirmed.

"...How long?"

"Only for a few days maybe.. not even a week- I promise." He kept his eyes on the road.

      When our parents died, I took it bad. But not as bad as I should've taken it. I didn't take it as bad as a normal girl should have. But a few years later, when I was about 15, I took it bad. Dean had left for a few weeks. Which he didn't call or text or tell me in anyway, that those few eeks turned into a month and a half. He came back saying there was an accident and his friend got hurt badly. And for whatever reason, he could contact me while he stayed with his friend.  I think it was because when Dean is gone, that I felt like I was truly alone. So the anniversary of our parents death was a few days after Dean left that one time. And because I felt so alone, I took it bad. Like REALLY REALLY BAD. I once cut myself- though stopped right after that and used verbal hurtful words to hurt me instead, and school was even worse. So you can imagine Dean's face when he returns suddenly one day to find his baby sister with her wrist bleeding, covered in bruises. Yeah, let's just say he almost killed someone that day..

SO yeah.. it was a kind of dark time.. But as soon as Dean came home.. After he freaked out on me, I stopped. I realized that it was selfish of me to hurt myself after Dean lost so much. And that I needed to live to show others my strength and to help others. I've never self harmed again.

Dean quickly dropped me off at the front of the highschool. Seagull High school to be exact. A new school- for me anyway. Help me.

Dean's eyes narrowed slightly, "Don't forget about where the gun is, and make sure all the doors and windows are locked, and don't tell anyone who I am if someone comes- askin for me."

I climbed out of the car, but before I slammed the door close, I said my goodbye.

"Be safe please. Love you!" I smiled a little.

Dean chuckled, "Sure thing, you too. "

And with that, Dean took off like a bat out of the h-ll.

I sighed before turning around to face the dreadful high school.

It is like any other highschool. With the "populars", with the "nerds", with the "hunks", with the "jerks/playboys" and other things like that. Groups- crowds of people were scattered randomly over the front of the school, chatting away.

And like the weirdo like I am, I silently walked up the steps of the school and straight inside. I ignored any comments or insults that were made as I pasted by people.

I already had my schedule, so I didn't have to go through the front office. After I struggled- but adventually- found my locker, I put my things away, only pulling out what I need for class.

Shifting my way through crowds, I finally found my classroom.

I sat in at a desk, in the middle of the second to last row, against a window. The window overlooked the parking lot and the unprotected forest. 

"Hi!" a sudden cheery voice greeted.

Turning my head, I saw a girl around my age. She looked like a doll. Literrally. Like with the perfect tan skin, perfect body, perfectly curly long red hair, and bright blue eyes.

She smiled dazzlingly, "Hi. I'm Rebecca Klat. "

I smiled shyly, "Um.. Hi, i'm Kate. "

Rebecca giggled, "Sorry. But for whatever reason, I think we would be good friends. So I came up to talk to you.."

I giggled, "That's not weird at all.."

She smiled as she sat in the desk next to me. We talked for a while as the classroom began to fill up.

Soon the teacher caught our attention.

"You guys can talk for today since we got a bit more than a handful of new student today. So free no- work day." The teacher stated as he sat in his chair behind his desk.

A bunch of students hollered excitedly. Immidetely, everyone began talking.

I rolled my eyes before opening my notebook to draw randomly.

"Hey! NEW GIRL!"

I ignored it and focused on doodling.

A bunch of guys chuckled behind me as they sat in the back of the class. They talked the loudest.

"So what do you guys think of the new chic?" some guy asked.

"Eh. She's okay."

"I think she's hot. "

"Dude! She looks weird. "

"Yeah, but look at her! Her face is average, but her body-"

A scarlet blush made it across my face. I tried to ignore them by looking out the window.

Mentally, I was panicing. OMG OMG OMG HOLY SNICKERS WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

Ignore these idiots. I highly doubt that any of these morons are "the one". A small voice in the back of my head said. Oh my god, a small voice.. I really am going insane.. And with that, all hopes of a boyfriend possibly were gone! I mentally sighed. The voice is right though.. those idiots wouldn't even have a chance with like me. Someone as strong and beautiful- ok maybe not beautiful but I'm average- I think...

As soon as the bell rang, I jumped out of my seat and raced out the door.

Somehow, though, Rebecca caught up with me.

"Hey so what class you got next?" She asked sweetly.

I took out my schedule and handed it to her.
"Cool! Most of our classes are together." She smiled happily.

Smiling, I commented, "Awesome."

"Look I don't know you really, but wanna hang out?" she asked.

I raised an eyebrow at her. Are we becoming friends?

"Sure? When?"

"At lunch. "

"..OOOkkayy.."

We walked and talked all the way to English.

The day went by quickly. Soon it was lunch. THANK GODS!

  Rebecca led me to the busy cafeteria.  I got myself some pizza with her and she led to a table.

At the table four guys sat and one other girl than Rebecca.

The one girl has short blond hair, tan skin, and had brown eyes.

A guy sat next to her, he had tan skin, built, short black hair, and brown eyes.

Two guys sat in front of the girl and black haired boy.

One of those two guys had tan skin, built, red short hair, and green eyes.

The guy next to him was built, pale skin, brown short hair, and blue eyes.

I smiled shyly again as Rebecca introduces me before sitting down next to the short haired girl.

"Guys this is Kate. She's new here. "

I smiled shyly. "

"OI! I CALL DIBBS THAT SHE SITS BY ME!" The red head shouted.

"NO! SHE GONNA SIT BY ME!" The blue eyed guy shouted back childishly.

I laughed and sat in between the red head and the brown haired guy.

They smiled back. "Please ignore those morons, Kate. They're like kids!" Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"I'm Jackson." The red head explained.

The blue eyed guy said, "I'm Luke."

The short haired girl commented sarcastically, "And I'm a magical unicorn."

I smiled widely, sarcastically answering back, "Ive always wanted to meet an unicorn."

The girl smiled widely, "I like her. I'm Lisa."

"So Kate, tell us about yourself."

I slowly started off, "My parents died when I was a kid, I love the colors purple and blue, I have a brother named Dean, and I'm new to this school."

They stared at me wordlessly.

Jackson whispered a small "woah".

Luke smiled, "You like the color blue?"

I smiled happily back, mentally thanking him for changing the subject of my parents' death.

"Yep! And yours?"
"Blue too!"

Jackson playfully flirted, "So sweetheart, where ya from?"

I laughed, "Someplace you'll never know."

And for the rest of lunch,  Luke and I mostly talked to each other.

   As soon as school was over, I ran out. If I was gonna walk home, then I'm going through the forest. Like a freaking magical adventure.

DAM it. I feel like I missed all my magical adventures from when I was a kid. Instead of going on magical adventures like going though the forests when I'm not suppose to, I did exactly what I was told and stayed locked inside. Either alone or with Dean.

   I sighed as I changed into a walk, heading into a path leading into the forest, just outside of the school.

Everyone gave me their numbers today at the lunch table so. I texted Luke that I'm gonna walk through the forest for a little while before heading home.

Even at the lunch table, I could tell that Luke was protective of his friends.

And I could tell that by the end of lunch, he considered me a friend as I did I him. So even during the last few periods of school, Luke walked me to each class- because he is a friend but also to help me from some nasty people. It's my first day and some people are already making awful comments about me or to me.  He explained, along with Rebecca, that his family were slightly old fashioned. Like his parents raised him to help and protect girls and friends. I thought it was kind of adorable!

Hopefully, the forest will make me feel better.. I'm already missing Dean.

A sudden memory flashed through my mind of earlier during lunch.

FLASHBACK

I smiled, "I cant wait until school's over."

Luke chuckled, "I know, right?"

I giggled, "Yeah, but I want to explore the forests after school!"

Luke tensed up, staring at me with an expression I couldn't understand.

He almost looked scared. Fearful.

My smile dropped instantly at his expression as it turned serious.

"Kate, you should go into the forests."

I raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

He sighed, "Because there... there is a silly legend about it."

I waited for him to continue.

After he sighed again, he continued, "There is a legend that there , somewhere in the forest, is a meadow."

I scoffed, "Reeally?"

He rolled his eyes, "Yes, but the meadow was special. Because huge creatures would sometimes be seen in the meadow. "

I stared at him curiously. Luke warned, "Those animals are dangerous. Don't go into the forest."

I smiled softly, "sure."

Then, after lunch, I excused myself a few mintues before the bell rings to go to the library.

END OF FLASH BACK! (SOME PARTS OF THE FLASHBACK IS ITALATIED AND SOME ARENT. I JUST GOT LAZY. SORRY)

I didn't mean it when I said I wouldn't. I just felt like I should listen to him and tell him I wouldn't for his sake.  Being an idiot, like I usually am, I walk straight into the woods. But not even two minutes after I passed the entrence of the forest, my phone rang loudly.

The Cab's song Endlessly played loudly for a few moments before the song switched to Panic! at the Disco.

Quickly, I ran back to the sidewalk and answered my phone there.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Where are you?" Dean's frantic voice was on the other end of the line.

cRAP.

"I'm on my way home.. shouldn't you be gone?"
"I am! But my security camera at home says you haven't been there yet!"

I groan, "You what?!"
"Sorry! Sorry! But I hook up camera that's linked in so I can see you whatnever other than in your room and the bathroom.. "

I sighed, "Fine whatever. Its not like I'm gonna do anything."

I heard Dean sighed, "Kate, I know you wont. Its what other people might do that freaks me out."

Crap. He's going Dean Winchester on me. Bloody Hell.

Quickly, I rushed home while talking to Dean.

Appeartantly, he was staying only a few towns over doing an "odd" job.

I didn't even bother to ask, knowing he wouldn't answer me.

Running home, I noticed nothing but blurred trees. As soon as  I got home, I ran into the living room, turning my head all round to search for the cameras. I found one in the corner of the wall, to the cealing. I panted, waving tiredly at the camera before throwing my bag in my room.

I did my usual routine I do after school, which consists of freshing up, water and food, homework, and lazed around. After finishing my homework, I sighed.

Checking my phone, I realized that it was already almost 7 pm. I turned the TV on in my room and put on Supernatural. Then, I hopped in the shower. About half an hour later, I hopped out and dried off. I changed into my usual PJs and brushed my hair. After that, I played on my phone and watched Supernatural. Checking my phone, I noticed I got messages.

Crud.

'Hey. What's up?'-Luke

'Hi. Nothin much. You?' -K.

'Same. So bored!' - Luke

':) sorry. I'm watchin supernatural. you?' - K.

'Laying in bed. hey you didn't go into the forest did you?'-Luke

I hesitantly replied back, 'I was considering it, but I don't think so. Why?' - K.

'No reason. Just curious. Hey it's almost 9. sorry I'm gonna head to bed.' -Luke

'Okay night.' - K.

I sighed, charging my phone. Turning the TV off, I got off my bed. Grabbing my backpack, I took out two library books and head back to bed.

One book was about local legends and stories. Not really a popular book or anything, but I was curious. Why was everyone so weary of the forests? And I'm not gonna lie. I'm a curious person! Everyone seemed uneasy at the subject of the forest at lunch so I highly doubt that one of them is going to explain or answer my questions. So, that just means I gotta find out for myself! Without their help! That's alright, I mean its not fun unless its at least slightly a challenge, right?

The second book was just a random one I picked up. Ok, no that's a lie.

Once I saw the title of the book, I got it without another thought. This is kind of a childish thing.. I thought as I traced gently the spine of the old worn book. Beauty and the Beast was written in gold colors along the spine. Smiling sheepishly, I began reading it. Oh gods how I love Belle. She's awesome and clever. After a few minutes, I reluctantly set the book down and focused. I began reading the book about local legends and stories about this town. Time flew by quickly as I read.  I was half way through the book, even though its about 12 am. And most of the stories were silly ghost stories, or interesting Indian stories. Sadly though, my sleepiness was starting to get to me.

Suddenly, a story caught my eyes, snapping me out of my sleepiness. Focusing, as much as I could, I read the story.

A long time ago, a strange white man and his family moved into town. They seemed normal and acted as if they were. But one night, three local men were long in the forest. Two of the men were Indian warriors, but the other was a white friend from in town. The three men came upon a vast clearing in which the strange white man and his family stood in the center of. The clearing was divided evenly by a small stream of cool water. The strange family stared into the sky as the clouds moved away from the once covered moon. Suddenly, their bones snapped harshly and loudly as the strange family shifted into humongous magical creatures. Large wolves stood in the places of the family. The three men stood hiding in the forest, watching them in horror. Deciding, the three men created an agreement. They all stood and walked straight into the clearing, and right up to their side of the stream which separated the creatures from themselves. The white man spoke loudly to the creatures, persuading them to make an agreement with them. The strange white man shifted back into a naked human, taking to the three men on the other side of the stream. They all agreed on a deal. The strange creatures could live peacefully and unharmed, and unknown, as long as they do not kill anyone among the town. The creatures could only kill animals, or attackers. But they could not use their strange abilities to harm a human unless they had no other choice in being attacked. The three men would help the creatures as time passed and as new generations were born, the new generations would also help. But, as the generations of the strange creatures and the generations of the three men passed on and grew, they discovered something about the strange creatures. The like wolves creatures would imprint, or attached, themselves to another. The like-wolves creatures called these chosen people "mates" or soul mates. The creatures needed their mates to survive and live. Once, a young man , one of the creatures, was mated to a young human girl. She was told and shown the life of the magical creatures. She became the bride of the young creature man. So the oldest of the new generation proposed another deal. The deal was that the creatures could take and cherish their mate but if they were human, they would also help the human mates if there was danger. But, the creatures had to tell the human warriors if she was human, and if one of creatures harmed her as claiming she was his mate, the warriors have every right to take the girl away from the creature. Since then, there has been no other deals made. But every year, the creatures and the human warriors would celebrate their ancestors meeting and agreeing at the dividing stream.

After forcing myself to finish reading the story, just barely staying awake long enough to do so, I fell into darkness.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! IM SORRY! I KNOW IM STILL LEARNING AND THINGS AND PLUS IM NOT VERY GOOD AT DOING CERTAIN PARTS OF STORIES AT THE BEGINNING OF THEM. SORRY! THANKS YOU AMAZING PERSON!!!! It means a lot. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.6K 54
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
90.5K 1.3K 47
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
170K 2.2K 47
Valerie a high ranked mafia business women comes across a little while at the mall , she hasn't seen much Littles around . The high ranked gallone c...