The Fairest Stars

By MaddieGrey

‘Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, Having some business, do entreat her eyes.’ Isis and Kael couldn... More

Chapter One: 'Our toil shall strive to mend'
Chapter Two: 'Strange Nature'
Chapter Three: 'Soon moody to be moved'
Chapter Four: 'I talk of dreams.'
Chapter Five: 'What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?'
Chapter Six: 'The mad blood stirring.'
Chapter Seven: 'A Troubled Mind.'
Chapter Eight: 'More inconstant than the wind.'
Chapter Nine: 'Talk of peace.'
Chapter Ten: 'Some special good'
Chapter Eleven: 'Close fighting 'ere did I approach.'
Chapter Twelve: 'Young men's love'
Chapter Thirteen: 'Give me my sin again!'
Chapter Fourteen: 'Give me my Romeo'
Chapter Fifteen: 'My heart's dear love is set.'
Chapter Sixteen: 'You men, you beasts.'
Chapter Seventeen: 'Courage, man.'
Chapter Eighteen: 'This love I feel.'
Chapter Twenty: 'Lovers'
Chapter Twenty One: 'Gentle night'
Chapter Twenty Two: 'My sweet love.'
Chapter Twenty Three: 'So happy'
Chapter Twenty Four: 'Still Waking Sleep.'
Chapter Twenty Five: 'I am in love.'
Chapter Twenty Six: 'The all cheering sun.'
Chapter Twenty Seven: 'Fair and honest.'
Chapter Twenty Eight: 'My love.'
Chapter Twenty Nine: 'Deny thy father.'
Chapter Thirty: 'Dreamers often lie.'
Chapter Thirty One: 'So soon forsaken.'
Chapter Thirty Two: 'Parting is such sweet sorrow.'

Chapter Nineteen: 'Love from love.'

2.2K 85 13
By MaddieGrey

So after that cliffhanger, what will happen now?!?! Hope you enjoy! thank you so much for your comments, it means the world. much love! <3

‘Funny coincidence that, isn’t it?’ murmured Isis, too nervous to think properly, babbling nonsense as she always did when flustered. ‘I can’t say I know any other Isis’s: it is quite an unusual name, not very many people have it, but it is getting more popular, I think, so you never know, you might have more choice in the future-’

‘Do you have any idea of how I feel about you, Isis?’ Kael choked, interrupting her.

Her babbling stopped short, and she froze. What? What?!

Rumpling his hair with one hand, he leant against the car, heavily. ‘I can’t carry on like this anymore, Isis. I… I can’t. You have… you need to know. Then you can throw whatever you like at me, smash me over the head with a bottle, whatever.’

‘But I-’ Isis didn’t know what she was attempting to say, but she felt she had to say something. It didn’t matter anyway, because Kael interrupted her.

‘Let me talk. I can’t tell you exactly, god knows I’m not very articulate, but… I don’t even think that these feelings can be put into words.’

‘You don’t have to say anything,‘ Isis told him. ‘I… I…‘ She was finding it hard to meet his gaze: it was smouldering.

He looked at her, and his expression said it all. Before she could even consider whether it would be a good idea or not, she was in his arms, and their lips were pressed together, his arms snaking around her waist and pulling her closer, finding there was absolutely no need for words at all.

Her fingertips worked their way through his hair, sending a little groan escaping from his lips. What was even the point of thinking about things when all these feelings could rush through you like they were rushing through him now, his back pressed to the side of his car, holding Isis tightly. All that mattered was that Isis was there, and that she never let him go.

Isis let pure instinct take over as she melted into Kael’s embrace. His strong arms kept her pressed against him, lifting her slightly off of the ground as the kiss deepened. She didn’t want to ever leave his arms. She didn’t want to ever stop the feelings that were sweeping through her now, as Kael’s tongue probed at her lips. She let it slide through without a second thought and gasped as he began flirting with her own tongue, twining them together and sending shivers throughout her body as the passion enveloped her.

She’d never imagined it was possible to feel the way that she felt now. She’d remembered that chaste little kiss countless times, going over it in her mind, but that was nothing, nothing at all compared to what it was like to be kissed in reality, let alone to be kissed like this. This was mind numbing, insanely powerful passion, passion that didn’t let her think at all, but instead, kept her focused entirely on Kael, her body thrilling at the electricity between them.

Eventually they surfaced for air, still holding each other tightly. It took a few seconds before the ringing in Isis’s ears calmed down enough to let her realise that they’d surfaced to a round of applause.

Glancing sharply to her left, her entire face turned bright red. Standing side by side, cheering uproariously, were Lydia and Xavier, looking absolutely delighted with the sight before them.

Isis hid her face into Kael’s shoulder, snuggling shyly against him. He put one hand on her hair, protectively, as the spectators awwed.

‘What’re you doing here?’ inquired Kael, still feeling slightly shell shocked after that kiss.

‘We nosily decided to come and follow you to see whether you were off for romancing alone. And we were right!’ Lydia called.

Xavier gestured to his leg. ‘My wounded limb slowed us down though, so we only got to watch the end of the show.’ He looked over, hopefully. ‘Do you think you could do a rerun?’

Kael raised an eyebrow, and, without letting go of Isis, he reached out one hand and slammed the garage door shut. Alone at last.

She looked up at him in the dim light, in a way that made him feel weak at the knees. ‘So, er,’ he began, awkwardly. ‘I’d really like to date you, Isis. Um, I-’

But Isis’s face had fallen. ‘What is it?’ he asked anxiously.

Isis twisted her lips. ‘I don’t think it would work, Kael,’ she said, her voice slightly huskier than usual.

‘What do you mean?!’ Stepping back from her a little, but still keeping as much contact as he could, Kael looked at her, attempting to read her expression.

‘For a start, I don’t have time for being a good girlfriend to you, Kael,’ she murmured. ‘I barely have enough time as it is.’ She looked away from his eyes. ‘And it wouldn’t work, would it? You’re so very rich, your mum would never approve.’

Kael frowned. ‘What about if we just spent time together at school, then? We’ve got the car rides in and out?’

Isis looked at him, eyebrows raised. ‘I’ve never heard of a relationship like that,’ she said, with a sigh. ‘Look, Kael. I’m sorry, I really am. You deserve a nice, simple girlfriend who will just go out with you and that’ll be that. I can’t be that girlfriend.’

‘I don’t want a nice, simple girlfriend,’ Kael told her, earnestly. ‘I just want you.’

Isis didn’t know what to say. She knew that they couldn’t work out- how could she treat him the way he deserved when she was off cleaning the house or food shopping in all her free time? The play had just exacerbated an already bad problem.

‘Look, Isis.’ Kael took both her hands in one of his. ‘Give me three dates, alright? Three dates to prove to you that it can work, and we’ll think about it after that, yeah?’

Isis smiled. How could she refuse him when he was looking at her like that.

‘Nothing official,’ he continued, eagerly. ‘You don’t have to tell anyone, it doesn’t have to be-’

Isis stopped him from talking with a slender finger laid across his lips. ‘Okay,’ she said, and, as he pulled her into his arms, dusting kisses all over her smiling face, she let herself forget her responsibilities, her everything, for a few more minutes.

*

Kael drove home with a permanent smile fixed on his face, still feeling the sensation of Isis tucked into his arms, feeling her small and fragile form pressing up against him, realising how breakable she felt… and the way she had kissed him… oh dear. He was seriously going to need a cold shower when he got home. Several cold showers.

He couldn’t believe his luck. He didn’t even know how he’d gotten those words out, but he had, and, somehow, Isis seemed to have understood, and, what’s more, she’d actually agreed to the date idea. Part of him wished it didn’t have to be so unofficial; though he could entirely see where Isis was coming from, he wanted to flaunt their relationship to the world, show the entire universe the beautiful girl who was his. Well, potentially his. He just needed to think up three of the best dates ever known to man.

He chuckled to himself. Knowing Isis, it wouldn’t take much to impress her, but he wanted her to be so overwhelmed by the dates that she couldn’t help but agree to date him forever. His mind skipped gleefully ahead, through a first date to some rather cheeky behaviour he’d only dreamed about performing with Isis before. He saw their wedding day, imagined her with a tiny baby cuddled into her arms, looking up at him with wide blue eyes and freckles, with hair just like his was as a baby: sticking up about a foot high in the air.

Marriage and babies? Seriously? He shook his head at himself. They weren’t even properly going out yet. Ah well, he consoled himself. There was time for that.

He practically skipped around the house that evening. Working on the script didn’t help much: he was almost finished anyway after he and Isis had spent several Drama lessons focusing entirely on doing it without distractions. Probably for the best, because he wasn’t sure that he could ever be with Isis in the same room without thinking about that kiss, pressed against the cold metal of his car.

His mind kept soaring back over that memory, revelling in the feelings that swept through him as he remembered every tiny detail about what exactly had happened in the garage that evening, then in the car afterwards. It had been extremely difficult to drive with her sitting next to him, looking so kissable and so beautiful. It was almost impossible to concentrate, in fact.

When he’d dropped her off, it had taken her quite some time to actually get out of the car. That had been mainly his fault: he had pinned her down and kissed her. But, he remembered, she hadn’t been unwilling at all. In fact, she’d responded with so much enthusiasm, that he’d struggled to keep himself under control. Every instinct he had had been urging him to utterly ravish her, to tear off those baggy clothes, to… well, you got the picture.

He wasn’t sure how he’d managed to let her get out of the car. But she had, and she’d headed up to the flat almost glowing, Kael thought. He’d watched her, a smile fixed onto his face, until she was well and truly gone. He waited, and, sure enough, a light flickered on in one of the many windows, and an Isis shaped shadow made her way across the room. He felt as if he could have stayed and watched this bizarre shadow show for a long time, but, realising that was a bit stalkerish and weird, he’d reluctantly driven off.

 With a dreamy sigh that he wasn’t sure he’d ever sighed before, Kael sank down onto his bed. He was so smitten with Isis that he wasn’t quite sure what he was doing, but he knew one thing: she liked him back, and that was enough to send his head spinning. How could someone as perfect as Isis like someone like him? He wasn’t sure, but he thanked his lucky stars that somehow, she did.

*

When Isis had finally returned to the flat that evening, her lips feeling slightly swollen, or at least larger than usual, and tingling with the after taste of Kael’s kisses, she hadn’t been able to stop herself from beaming. Switching on the light, she hurried to the window, hoping to see Kael again, but he was driving off, his headlights shining out ahead of him.

With a Disney Princess style sigh, Isis leant against the window, her breath steaming the glass pane. The kisses had been out of this world. She had never imagined that feelings could be so over powering, or so intoxicating. She just wanted to experience the whole thing all over again, and again, and again.

Words Kael had said kept spinning around her head. Do you have any idea how strongly I feel about you, Isis? She felt all trembly merely at the thought. I like them to be called Isis. Isis. Her. That was who she was: how on earth had she managed to gain his affections? I dont think these feelings can be put into words. The look that had accompanied that was beyond all comprehension.

She’d never thought that she could ever inspire such a reaction in anyone, let alone someone as gorgeous and as charming as she’d realised Kael was recently. Her mind reeled with the knowledge.

Going into her mum’s room, she was greeted by a mother with a large smile plastered on to her face. ‘Enjoy your ride back?’ she inquired.

Isis looked at her suspiciously. ‘Yes?’ she answered, turning it into a question to attempt to find out what her mother was up to.

Suddenly, she noticed that the curtain was slightly askew. ‘Mum!’ she protested, outraged.

‘What?!’ her mother attempted to look innocent, but Isis could read her too well. Far too well.

‘You were peeking, weren’t you?’ Isis demanded.

Her mum flushed. ‘Well-’

Isis raised an eyebrow. Her mum nodded, looking like a young child caught with her fingers in a sweet jar.

‘Mum!’ Isis couldn’t be angry with her, not when her mum was looking the happiest she’d been in ages, and not when the after shock of Kael’s touch was still spiralling through her.

Her mum laughed. Laughed. That hadn’t happened for years, Isis realised. ‘Okay, so I saw you kissing him. What’s his name, again?’

‘Kael,’ Isis supplied, smiling at just the mention of his name. Kael. Kael who liked her. Kael who couldn’t put his feelings for her into words. Kael who, when he kissed her, made her feel as if she was about to dramatically burst into flames with passion and desire.

‘Ah yes. Are you two dating then?’ her mum asked, looking all excited at the prospect.

‘Well, not quite,’ Isis explained. Her mum looked puzzled.

‘Why were you kissing him then?’ she inquired.

Isis chuckled. ‘Well, because I have such a small amount of time, and, well, because it was all a bit of a shock that he liked me, I gave him three dates to convince me that it could work.’

‘Isis!’ Her mother shook her head and tutted. ‘You’re too bossy for your own good, young lady.’

‘He suggested it!’ Isis protested. ‘Because I have hardly any free time, and-’ She stopped short, suddenly realising what she’d said.

Her mother’s face fell. ‘Oh,’ she murmured. ‘I’m the one stopping you, aren’t I?’ she asked, in a very small voice.

‘Oh no, Mum, not at all, not like that,’ Isis said, desperately attempting to fix the damage which she had caused. ‘Just that-’

Her mum bit down on her lower lip. ‘No,’ she said. ‘I am stopping you.’ Her eyes looked wildly around the room.

‘Mum-’

‘I’m getting in the way. I’m spoiling my own children’s lives.’ She was talking to herself now. Isis chewed her lip, wondering what to do.

Her mother looked up at her, and frowned. ‘You’d better go and have your dinner,’ she told her.

Isis nodded, backing out of the room. She cursed herself for putting her foot in it; if only she hadn’t said that. Typical. Her and her big mouth. Ah well. Kael didn’t seem to have any problems with her mouth whatsoever, and she certainly had no problems with his. She ate her dinner reminiscing over the past evening, feeling as if she was actually floating on a cloud. If only her mum were better, and then, life could be perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...