A Sweet Mistake (BONUS CHAPTE...

By itsailsworld

Hello, readers! These are the few bonus chapters of my novel, “A Sweet Mistake”... Hope you enjoy it! Thanks... More

A Sweet Mistake (BONUS CHAPTERS)

The First Time I Saw Her...

9.6K 251 84
By itsailsworld

Mikay just turned eighteen when her dad gave her a surprise to travel alone and stay in New York for two months. She’s just so excited for this adventure. But that adventure turned out differently when she met this gorgeous guy named Gino. She first saw him at the airport during their stopover in Japan…

But on the course of their long relationship, we all know that Gino saw Mikay first. On some parts of the story, he told Mikay that he saw her first inside the plane… But there’s more to that story that we still don’t know…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The First Time I Saw Her… (At The Airport)

Gino

Tick… Tock… Tick… Tock… This is what his mind has been saying for the last couple of hours… He needs to get out of here… He needs to escape the pressure that’s been killing him since he came to visit this place he calls “home”… He doesn’t even know where home is anymore…  He only stays in the Philippines for short vacations… But then, his apartment in New York is hardly a home for him as well…

“Anak, I’m not getting any younger. Soon, ikaw na ang mamamahala sa lahat,”  Paulit-ulit na sinasabi ng kanyang ama bago siya umalis ng bahay kanina… But does he really need to be reminded about that?… Buong buhay niya, it’s always been about how to rule the “empire”…

He just has his carry-all bag with him and now holding his boarding pass about to head to the security checkpoint. Him, being too tall and maybe half-distracted with his thoughts, he accidentally bumps with someone… He looks down to apologize…

Gino: I’m sorry…

The person just rushes past him… Mukhang hindi nito napansin ang pagkakabunggo niya dito… Turns out she’s a petite-looking girl… Her hair’s too long and her arms are pretty slender… He wasn’t able to see her face since she has her back on him already… But whatever… Who cares?

Ibinalik niya ang attention sa security. After everything has been checked, nilagay niya ang mga gamit sa security bag screen at gray bin. Just after doing those, he glances on the front… He’s dying to get on the plane… Pero agad niyang napansin ang paglingon ng babaeng nabunggo niya kanina…

She’s ahead of him on the line... Maybe three people between them. The girl is glancing around… She seems lost… and too young… Pero agad din nabaling ang attention niya sa pagpasok sa gate. He really just wants to get out of this country.

Once inside the plane, he immediately searches for his seat number… A lovely stewardess starts assisting him… Kakaiba ang ngiti nito and he knows that kind of smile. Obviously, this stewardess likes him… For any normal guys, maybe, he’ll start getting her number or something… But he’s just not a normal guy… He’s still a f*cking virgin… No normal 20-year old guys are still virgins these days… How embarrassing…

Muli niyang tiningnan ang stewardess… Long hair, tall, meztisa… Definitely not his type… But then again, maybe that’s why he’s still a virgin… He’s just damn too picky…

Sir, here is your seat number the stewardess says while batting her eyelashes at him… 

He doesn't like his seat. He wants to be near the window. Why didn’t he get the first class seat, anyway? Oh yeah, he’s such in a hurry to leave… He totally forgot requesting for the special seats…

Gino: Thanks, miss…

He gives the stewardess a smile and she immediately blushes… But seriously, she really just ain’t his type…

Once seated, he gets his headphone and picks Oasis’ Wonderwall on his ipod… He closes his eyes and forces himself to relax… Then, he suddenly smells a scent… a perfume, perhaps… the smell is very feminine… He slowly opens his eyes... and once again, he sees the petite girl on the line awhile ago…

She’s sitting on the other wing parallel to his seat… She really is travelling alone… Nakatingin lang ito sa harapan… The girl seems to really not notice him… She seems very focus… He can see it on her eyes… And those eyes... it looks rounded and really… cute… a doll’s eyes…

When the plane’s already on air, nagsimula na nitong buksan ang bag… She gets a small pink pillow from it and hugs it real close to her… Then, she closes those doll eyes of hers…

Few minutes have passed, he’s still staring at her… The music on his headphone is now singing one of the classic songs, “Ready For Love” by Bad Company… Napakunot siya sa naririnig… Mukhang nang-aasar ang kanta… Pero hindi pa rin niya inaalis ang tingin sa babae…

She looks… really pretty… small, cute face… full, red lips… long eyelashes… She really has an innocent face… She almost looks like an angel… And a morena… Hmmm… Yeah, this is definitely his type… But she looks very young… She’s maybe around sixteen… And he can’t lose his virginity to a 16-year old girl… No way!

Natawa siya sa naisip. He really can’t believe he’s still a virgin… Who would have thought that the sole heir of Dela Rosa Empire and a lady magnet is still a f*cking virgin?... Well, maybe, he’s just been too busy with studies and trainings with the company… He just doesn’t have the time… or maybe no lady has triggered his desire yet…

He moves his gaze from the girl's face downwards… to the soft curve of her neck… to the delicate swell of her chest… to her small waist and the alluring curvature of her hips… Maybe, he’s wrong. Maybe, she’s legal. She seems to be not quite a girl, not quite a woman… But her face looks young… He returns her gaze to the swell of her chest… Then, something happens… Something uncomfortable really happens down there… on his pants…  He clears his throat and covers it with a blanket… But a part of the blanket now looks like a tent because of the bulge… Damn!

While doing his best to deflate the “bulge”, the girl turns on the side facing him. She’s still hugging her pillow with eyes closed… Mas nakikita na niya ang mukha nito ngayon…  And there he is, still looking at her… This may sound really corny… But he can’t blink… He forces himself to blink… But he really can’t... This girl who’s still a stranger is definitely captivating…

Now, this is going to be a long and uncomfortable flight… Uncomfortable, but in a real good way… “Ready for Love” is still playing on his headphone... And with that, he smiles… He f*cking smiles…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Japan…

Their flight is delayed. Kung kanina nangyari ang delay sa Pilipinas, he’ll definitely gonna be so pissed. But right now, he doesn’t even care anymore. Nakaupo lang siya malapit sa babae. Sinasadya na niyang mahuli siya nitong nakatingin dito… There’s just no way that he’ll let this opportunity go without knowing this interesting girl.

He keeps on staring at her intently. And she keeps on looking back at him from time to time… But she seems scared… Well, that’s not the emotion he wants from her... He needs to do something…

On instant, agad siyang tumayo at naglakad papunta dito… With the way she’s looking at him, she seems nervous now… He needs to say something nice…

Gino: Hi! Napapansin ko na wala ka yatang guardian na kasama...

Okay, that sounds like he’s a real stalker and it just sounds corny…

Mikay: Uhm... Mr., I think that's none of your business. And do you know that it's very rude to stare on other people?

Well, aren’t you feisty, miss? But he didn’t say that out loud…

Gino: I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. If you wouldn't mind, magpapakilala na ako. My name's Gino. Gino Dela Rosa.

He flashes his signature smile…

Mikay: Ahh.. Well, nice meeting you Gino. But if you wouldn't mind, I need space.

He laughs… But it’s a fake laugh. Bakit walang epekto ang signature smile niya dito? The stewardess just blushes awhile ago with that gorgeous smile of his… And this girl doesn’t want to do anything with him anymore. He needs to keep on talking…

Gino: Okay, okay... But I need to ask, where's your guardian?

What a stupid question… Underage are even allowed to travel alone. But he already said it… So be it…

Mikay: Talaga bang nang-iinsulto ka? I'm 18years old and I don't need any guardian. 

She’s 18! Yes! What a relief!

Gino: Talaga? You don't look 18. Akala ko 15 or 16 lang.

He really put an effort with his signature smile this time…

Mikay: Well, I don't see it as a compliment.

Gino: I'm not complimenting you. Nagsasabi lang po ng totoo.

He just keeps on smiling…

Mikay: Pwede ba lumayo-layo ka sa 'kin or I'll call the security!

Okay, his signature smile is definitely not working…

Gino: Fine, then. Aalis ako. Pero magpakilala ka muna...

But that’s a lie. He will not get away from this girl…

Mikay: Para umalis ka na... It's Mikaela Maghirang. My dad's the Chief Vice-Pres. of Dela Rosa Empire. So don't do anything bad to me kung ayaw mong lumabas ka sa media at mabulok sa kulungan!

Well… Well… Well… Hmmm… He really is a one fine lucky son of a b*tch!

Gino: Hindi ko alam na empleyado pala namin ang dad mo. Again, I'm Gino Dela Rosa, the only son and the heir to the throne of Dela Rosa Empire, Inc.

Normally, he wouldn’t just brag about that. But his charm seems to be not working so he has no other choice… Obviously, hindi ito naniniwala. But she’s just looking at him… He then brings out his wallet, a gift from his mom recently that includes a picture of him and his dad together on a fishing boat back in Miami.

Gino: This is me and that's my dad...

She keeps on studying the picture for awhile… At first, she’s a bit shocked... Then, instant realization is now evident on her face…

Mikay: Okay, I'm sorry. But it's really rude what you have just done...

Now, this is definitely his chance… He’s running out of time and he needs to do something fast… He definitely wants to know more about this girl…

Gino: Look, delayed ang flight by tomorrow. Our group will be sent to a nearby hotel. If you want, I could accompany you for awhile.

This time, Mikaela seems to be just relieved that she has someone with her…

Mikay: Okay, then. It's fine with me...

Then, for the first time… She smiles… She f*cking smiles at him!... And suddenly, he can’t speak… his tongue can't move... Could it be paralyzed?… Say something! … Speak up, man! Talk! Hey!

Gino: Uhm… Lalo ka palang gumaganda pag nakangiti, Mikaela.

She smiles even more.  Her whole face just brightens up… Hmmm…

Mikay: It's Mikay.

Mikay… What a lovely name for this angel…

Gino: Then, Mikay it is...

She suddenly flips her long hair and he catches her scent… It smells like vanilla… Definitely his favorite scent… He inhales her scent deeply… He feels it going through his nostrils towards his lungs and all over his system… This girl is so intoxicating…

He finally gives her a meaningful smile… Whatever he’s feeling right now, it is something very new to him… And there’s just no way that he’ll let this girl get away from him… No way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello readers! I’ve been thinking about writing some bonus chapters for “A Sweet Mistake” recently because a lot of your comments are just so inspiring. And now, I somehow managed to make some time. I really hope you still like it.

And just want to tell you guys, that in Gino’s POV, most of it was really being narrated in English. Well, he actually grew up in the States so I think it’s just appropriate that he talks his mind that way…

I’ll still post more bonus chapters when I’ll have another free time… So, for now, hope you enjoy this! Thanks!

I would also love to hear your comments...

Oh! And please follow me on Twitter: @itsailsworld

Continue Reading