The Raven Never Dies

By DarknessSurroundsME

More

Author Note
The Raven Never Dies
Chapter Two: Marcus

Chapter Three: Flashback

274 13 12
By DarknessSurroundsME

Flashback: Several months earlier

    PEOPLE SUCK! That’s what I think. All they do is complain. It drives me freaking crazy. Instead of just sitting on your ass and complaining all the time, get up and do something about it. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t take my own advice, so that’s what I did. That’s what we did. I don’t think the world is ready for this. Too bad for them, cause I am.

Raven: You know something Marcus, life’s too short not to have lots of fun.

Marcus: What the hell are you talking about dude?

Raven: Just thinking out loud. I’m wondering what I should do about that little problem of mine.  

Marcus: Little is an understatement. If you ask me, I think you should just kill him. He can’t be a problem if he’s dead. Besides, he deserves it. Always giving you crap for the way you look and shit. Kick his ass Raven, I’ve been telling you to do this for a while now.

Marcus: I mean shit, is it really your fault that you were born looking that way. Yeah it’s freaky that you have two different color eyes and everything. Who has one green eye and one bluish looking one but who cares right? I don’t! I could careless if you had a talking mole growing on your back…you don’t do you. Not that I care though.

Raven: I get it Marcus! Damn!

Marcus: I was just saying, no need to get angry, jeez. I really think you should eliminate the source of the problem.

Raven: Maybe you’re right. Eliminating the source would eradicate the problem. I wonder if I could get away with it.

Marcus: Of course you could, just don’t get caught.

Raven: Easier said then done, my friend.

***

    I wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing. I’ve done some stupid shit with Marcus in my time, but taking his advice about killing Dominic, has got to be the dumbest. He does deserve this though. A man can only take so much before they snap. I haven’t snapped yet but I’m not sure I want to wait and take the chance that I might. Dominic had been the bane of my existence for so long, I can’t wait to see his face when I slit his throat. This is going to be so much fun. I’m so anxious right now, night needs to come quickly.

Come night, allow me to sate myself in the blood of the wicked. Come quickly…quickly release me from this torturous wait.

***

    What could be more wonderful then a full moon? Perhaps filling the night air with the wails of the dying. Or seeing that beautiful moon drenched and dripping in blood. The time had finally arrived. Tonight I would deliver Dominic into the arms of the Grim Reaper.

I followed Dominic as he made his way down the street. It had been fifteen minutes of slow agonizing agony, as I walked behind him, hiding in the shadows. Where the hell was this guy going? I thought. I kept myself busy thinking about the different ways I would kill him. I would make him beg for his life, get on his knees in front of me and plead for that worthless life of his. Of course this would do him no good but he didn’t know that.

Dominic was tall and lanky with greasy black hair and brown eyes. He had no right to talk about anybody else, I was doing this world a favor by removing this person. He looked behind him once before turning into a nearby park. I looked around me, the park was empty, only filled with a creeping darkness. This was the chance I was looking for. The chase would end here. He walked further and further into the park, the trees enclosing around us. Here, no one would hear his screams, here no one would interrupt us.

    “I know you’re following me, freak,” Dominic slurred. “What the hell do you want?” I smiled to myself. If he thought I cared that he had found me out, he was so mistaken. I wanted to thank him for leading us to such a secluded area in the park.

I stopped walking and laughed. “Can’t I just take a stroll in the park?”

    “Don’t give me that, you’ve been following me since I left my house. So like I said, what do you want freak?”

    “What do I want?” I said tapping a finger on my chin. “ Let’s see…I want to hear you scream.”

    “What did you say?”

    “I said; I. Want. To. Hear. You. Scream” I enunciated each word. I wanted to make sure that he knew exactly what I was saying.

    “Do you think you have the cajones to make me scream,” he laughed. “Somehow I doubt that.”  

    “You’d be surprised what I’m capable of. A man can and will do anything, if they are backed up into a corner.” Dominic ran his fingers through his hair.

    “How are you going to do that,” He said, taking a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it up.

    “Well, first I’m going to take this knife that I have right here,” I told him, patting my pocket for emphasis. “and use it to cut off each of your fingers. Then I’m going to cut off your ears and shove them in your mouth. HAHAHA, would you like to know more of what I’m going to do to you?” The smile that was on Dominic’s was suddenly wiped off. He frowned, blowing out a puff of smoke.

    “You’re really a sick freak, you know that? What makes you think I’ll let you do any of those things? Last time I checked you were just some weak little B**ch.”

    “Dominic, Dominic, Dominic, you’ve had this coming for a long time. Remember that, when I cut you from ear to ear and cut you like the f**king pig that you are.”

    “Then bring it on, freak. I won’t go down easy, you’ll have to work for this kill.” Dominic said, throwing his cigarette to the ground and using his foot to stamp it out.

    “Now, I would be pretty upset if you didn’t fight back, it would take the fun out of killing you."

    Dominic beckoned towards me. If he thought I would run to him and attack, he was crazy. I had a plan and I would follow through with it. I slowly walked to him, when I was just inches away from him I reached into my black jacket and pulled out the dagger I would use. I laughed coming closer to him, circling him, like a vulture that had just found his next victim. Lucky Dominic, he would receive the blessing of Death’s kiss tonight. How glorious it would be to finally sink the blade into his warm flesh. To hear his cries, would be music to my ears.

For every step I took, Dominic would back up. One step forward, two steps back. This went on until he stumbled over a large root and fell backwards. Contrary to what he said, he was making this too easy. If he didn’t start fighting back soon, I was going to get bored and that wouldn’t be any fun.

    “GET UP,” I yelled. “What happened to all that talk? You were going to fight back, show me what you got. GET UP!” He looked around, his hands searching the ground for some kind of weapon to use on me. Finding a large branch, he shakily got back to his feet.

    “I’m just getting started,” he screamed, running towards me with the branch swinging wildly. All I could do was laugh, now things were getting good. He was such an idiot, the moment he was in reach, I pulled the dagger from it’s sheath. I stabbed him as he lunged for me. Dominic fell back, the branches of the closest tree, supporting him like outstretched arms.

I ambled over to him and smiled. “You were no fun at all.”

    “Please,” he begged. “Don’t kill me. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry for everything. You know how kids are. Please, man.” i could see the blood beginning to pool in his mouth as I approached closer.

    “I’m sorry Dominic, but you know how kids are.” I whispered. I took the dagger and sliced through his skin as though it was paper, severing his head from his body. God, I loved this knife, there was nothing I couldn’t with it. As I walked away from the body, the wind howled and trees bowed to me. This was one night I would never forget.

    “The Raven knows that death is near. Swiftly he flies when the stench is in the air. Leading the souls to the land of the dead. I begged to know, just this one thing. Oh, sweet Raven, why do you follow thee. Do I make your job easier. Do I help with thine plight. Is it the dead I leave in my wake. Or is my soul stained with the stench. Oh, sweet Raven, that follows me so. Why am I plagued with this never ending thirst for death? Will tomorrow give me my release, or am I doomed to kill forever,” I sang as I melted into the darkness of the city.  Tonight was such a wonderful night. Marcus was right, I felt so free after solving that little problem of mine.

***

Raven: It’s done!

Marcus: What’s done?”

Raven: I took care of Dominic. I’ve never felt so free in my entire life.

Marcus: You really did? I’m surprised. I didn’t know you had it in you. Now I on the other hand, would have basked in the glory that is killing.

Raven: Yes, I know how f**ked up in the head you are.

Marcus: Well, you’re not so sane yourself.

Raven: HAHAHA, and that’s what make us such a perfect pair.

Marcus: LOL, Too true. So you enjoyed yourself did you?

Raven: It was wondrous. My fingers ache to kill again. I NEED to kill again. I don’t think I will ever get this high feeling again, if I don’t.

Marcus: Damn, now you’re making me want to kill something.

Raven: You should! It’s the greatest feeling ever.

Marcus: Maybe I will. I’m only 16 years old, I should experience life to the fullest. You know what, I think we should make this a game.

Raven: A game? Why?

Marcus: It will be more fun. I know how you like to compete. Just think how much fun and challenging it’ll be to kill some random person, if we have to follow certain rules.

Raven: I think you’re right. Oh, we could gain points for each person. That way there’ll always be a winner.

Marcus: Cool! Ok, how about this…the first person to ten wins the round.

Raven: Sounds like a plan. I’ll come over tomorrow and we’ll come up with the rules and everything.

Marcus: This is going to be so much fun. Alright dude, until tomorrow.

Raven: Until tomorrow!

THE GAME: DEATH"S KISS

When all else fails, just kill them. Words to live by. There is no time to argue with the stupid. No time, to deal with the useless. When you can’t think of a solution, death is always the answer.

THE RULES

1. This game is only to be attempted by the strong. The weak only makes things harder.

2. Never get caught!

3. If you do get caught, death is the only option left.

4. Never tell anyone about the game.

5. Those who tell, dies.

6. Never let your victim survive.

7. When in doubt, remove the heart.

8. Never leave any evidence.

9. Take the time to clean and set the scene.

10. Never kill anyone under the age of 15

11. For they know not what they do.

12. Never kill the other’s parents, friends, or family.

13. Even if they deserve it, it will only bring attention to the game.

14. HAVE FUN! BE CREATIVE!

The most important rule to remember: NEVER LET ANYONE STOP THE FUN. DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING FOR THE WEARY.

Point System

For being mentioned in the news- One point (for each time)

For being called Sadistic- One point

The amount of Victims- One point each (only counts if there is more than one victim)

Creativeness- One point

Bloodiness of the scene- One point

Killing and setting the scene outside- Four points

The more well known the victim is the more points you get.

Go forth into the Darkness, my young friends. Once you enter, you may never return.

This document has been approved by:

Raven- Life is the end of all things. Only in death can you truly live.

Marcus- The sweet scent of blood is all that I live for. Without it, I would truly die.

Continue Reading