TMNT Hunger Games (Featuring...

By hope_forever_18

The time for the 57th Hunger Games has arrived. All across Panem, mutants and humans wait anxiously for Reapi... More

Rules (Closed)
Final Tribute List!
Prologue
Chapter 1: Reaping Day Pt. 1
Chapter 2: Reaping Day Pt. 2
Chapter 3: Bittersweet Farewells Pt. 1
Chapter 5: Possible Threats
Chapter 6: Early Thoughts
Chapter 7: Arrivals & Preparation
Chapter 8: Costume Party
Chapter 9: Parades and Memories
Chapter 10: Training Day One
Chapter 11: Training Day Two
Chapter 12: Training Day Three
Chapter 13: Evaluation
Chapter 14: Training Day Four
Chapter 15: Interviews
Chapter 16: Welcome to the Games
Chapter 17: Bloodbath
Chapter 18: Career Troubles
Chapter 19: Cannons
Chapter 20: Cold Embrace
Chapter 21: Betrayal
Chapter 22: Another Day of Death
Chapter 23: District Against District
Chapter 24: Safe and Sound
Chapter 25: One Last Time
Chapter 26: Destiny's Lament
Chapter 27: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 28: I'm Coming Home
Chapter 29: Breaking Hearts
Chapter 30: No One Wins
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4: Bittersweet Farewells Pt. 2

349 29 58
By hope_forever_18

The minute the giant doors close of District 7's City Hall, Leonardo emerges from his room and dashes towards Destiny's. Halfway there, her door opens, their eyes meeting. The blue-masked turtle moves the rest of the way to her room, allowing the door to close behind them.

He smiles sadly and opens his arms to her, something she eagerly accepts. She practically falls into his arms, the pair allowing themselves to sink to their knees and hold each other on the floor. They have no one else in the world to say goodbye to, aside from Master Yoshi and a friend or two from school.

"Do you think Casey will come and say goodbye?" Destiny asks.

Leonardo shakes his head, still holding her against him. "You know how he is...he probably won't want to risk breaking down and crying in front of us."

"Right...I'm going to miss that idiot."

There's silence for another moment.

"What are the odds?" he whispers. "What are the-"

"You tried, Leo," she interrupts gently as she pulls away from the hug. "Please don't beat yourself up over this."

He looks down, his face guilt-ridden. She reaches her hand out and gently brushes his cheek, trying to get him to look at her. He reaches up and rests his own hand over hers, a deep sigh escaping him.

"Everything we wanted has been lost," he says.

They're silent for a second, as if mourning the dreams that have been crushed over the span of a few minutes. One moment, two names being called...and a lifetime of fear and sorrow ahead.

"I know," she responds, pressing her lips to his cheek.

----------

Jason straightens up as his door opens, a single Peacekeeper allowing a younger iguana girl entrance. She embraces her brother tightly, her body trembling.

"I can't believe you got picked," she whispers.

He sighs and pats her head. "I was never very lucky."

She sniffles a little, still visibly upset. He kneels down and gently pushes her chin up so she can see him.

"Mari, listen to me and listen good," he says softly, a slight edge to his tone. "I'm going to go in there, and I'm going to win. I'm going to spend every second from here on out fighting to get back to you."

She smiled weakly and brushes her hand across her tear-stained cheeks as her tail flicks.

"Promise?"

"Always."

The Peacekeeper comes in right then, gripping Mari's shoulder and taking her away. Jason moves forwards, trying to say one last thing, but the door slams shut as he sees his sister for the last time in a long time.

Meanwhile, Madison peeks out of her room as her parents leave, their lips pressed into thin lines and her mother's dark cheeks faintly stained with tears. The Latina sighs, her face hurt.

She looks up, noticing that Jason is watching her through a sliver between the door and its frame. He nods curtly and shuts the door again, leaving her alone once more.

----------

Piper jumps a little as her uncle is let into the room. He thanks the Peacekeeper briefly before turning and enveloping his niece in a tight hug.

"Hey Uncle Bill," she whispers, shutting her eyes and trying to enjoy the hug.

The man smiles, laughing weakly. "I...I hoped it wouldn't be you."

She sighs, her tail flicking. "I did too."

Bill's kind face creases slightly, looking down at her with deep concern resonating in his eyes.

"I told your father I'd protect you," he says. "I'll still try. I'll be sure to sponsor you."

"Thanks Bill." She smiles weakly, trying to keep her fur from bristling with fear. "I'll miss you."

He engulfs her in another tight hug. "I'll miss you too, sweet girl."

He pecks her forehead just as the Peacekeeper comes in a takes him out. Piper pokes her head out and calls one last goodbye to him before he's gone from her sight.

Persia glances at the cat girl fleetingly, returning to tying a shoelace into little knots as she waits for the guards to bring them away from here.

----------

Elsie sighs in relief as her dad, Jonas, and twin older brothers enter the room. Her father instantly hugs her, his body shaking.

"I'm so sorry, Els," he murmurs. "It shouldn't have been you."

"Try to win, okay?" Kyle, the first twin, asks, moving closer to her and flashing a thumbs up with his paw.

"Use the skills we showed you," Cayson adds in, smirking lightly as his tail flicks. "We showed our little sister the ropes, you've got to show us that you know them.

She laughs a little as he noogies her head, her tail wagging. Jonas sighs, forcing a weak smile as he looks into her mismatched eyes.

"I love you," he says honestly, kissing her furry forehead.

"Love you too, dad," she returns.

The family has one more group hug before the Peacekeepers return and take them away. Annalise notices the family of foxes leaving, her mother falling in step beside them as she's led out.

Elsie looks at the blonde and waves her paw. "Hi!"

Annalise smiles a little and returns it. "Hi."

----------

Michelangelo bounces nervously from foot to foot, listening against the door for Swift. He can hear her pacing the halls, her lizard tail swishing and her claws clicking together. He rests a hand over his racing heart, cringing at the thought of having to spend the next while in the same room as someone so intimidating.

Suddenly, lumbering footsteps are heard. Michelangelo's door opens, a weathered snout peeking inside.

"Michelangelo?" a gravelly voice asks.

The orange-masked turtle's face lights up as Leatherhead moves the rest of the way into the room. He engulfs the alligator in a tight hug, looking quite small against his scaly chest.

"Hey buddy," he whispers, glad to have his friend's comfort.

"I wish it weren't true, my friend," Leatherhead says forlornly as he gazes into the turtle's bright blue eyes.

Michelangelo manages to smile, his eyes feeling itchy from held back tears. "I do too, LH, but it happened." He wipes his eyes. "Will you serve pizza shaped like my face at my funeral?"

The alligator's wizened eyes grow noticeably more sorrowful at the thought, but he still nods. "I will, but only if the need is there. I have faith in you."

The turtle hugs his friend again, trying to hold on to what the warmth of the embrace feels like for the little bit he has left.

----------

Yumiko and Sofie wait in separate rooms, awaiting their families to be allowed in. Yumiko's door jiggles first, her mother and six-year-old brother running inside. Her uncle hobbles in after them rather slowly, his skin etched with scars and his eyes distant.

"Oh honey, this is awful," her mother gushes sadly, embracing her daughter. "Fight hard, okay? We'll support you from here."

"Yumi," her brother coos, hugging her legs. "I want you to be safe."

The turtle girl hugs her little brother gently, choosing to remain silent. She isn't going to promise anything, she isn't going to tell them that she'll win. She's just going to say goodbye.

"I'll miss you," she whispers.

"We'll miss you too, Yumiko," her mother says gently as she hugs her daughter once more.

The Peacekeeper arrives again, ready to lead the out. Her mother and brother leave first, her uncle still watching her. A small smile falls across his face, making him look peaceful. He hasn't looked that way since the damage to his psyche.

"Good luck, Yumiko," he murmurs, leaving the room.

Sofie, who'd watched the whole exchange from her own room, smiles weakly. Her own parents, Amy and Quinn, had just left.

The tributes are truly alone now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 551 9
[ One day in Donatello's lab, a triangular portal opens up from an unknown object- and a few familiar faces fall from it ] Bolded name are 2012 turtl...
3.1K 95 7
Mikey dies. But not just once. What will happen when his brothers find out about this "power"? **I do not own tmnt, or any photos that may I use. Tw...
11.9K 323 52
A/N: my first Writers' Games. All I ask is that if you enter, you hand in the tasks on time by inbox and that you have fun!!! 24 Wattpaders in a tant...
14.4K 943 62
Another Quarter Quell has arrived! This year, the Quell demands something that the Districts have never done... The first tribute reaped in each Dist...