Burning Butterfly (Prefect #1)

By PikaKris17

(Book #1 in the 'Prefect Trilogy') [COMPLETED] Gwen Gardens is an exemplary Wizardess, since she happens to b... More

Prologue
1. When Can I See You Again?
2. Broken Ones
3. Headphones
4. Your Biggest Mistake
5. I Know You
6. A Drop In The Ocean
7. Chasing the Beat of My Heart
8. Hurt
9. You Lost Me
10. Little Do You Know
10.5. Steady My Heart
11. Truth or Dare
12. This is War
13. Illuminated
14. Fairytale
15. Move Into Light
17. Fight Song
17.5. Oxygen
18. Love Will Remember
19. Memo
Epilogue

16. Sisters of the Light

120 7 0
By PikaKris17

A/N: Title suits the chappy ^.^ And the only time Burning Butterfly and Frostbitten will share the same title XD

Dedication for wanting the update on this ;P

Image above is of Aura's Familiar, the White Tigress, Sonata :)

Video above is the fun little song 'Sisters of the Light' by Xandria in the Nightcore version ;D 

*~*

All Aura and I could do was stare at each other, our hands still intertwined with the glowing white light between our palms still shining brightly.  "I have a sister?" we whispered at the same time as Aura tightened her grip on my hand.  I squeezed it in return.

"But they look nothing alike," Hunter stepped forward to argue then, and I glanced at Elliot but he seemed to have his thinking face on, not paying attention to me at the moment.

Professor Cedric shook his head, his hands now folded neatly behind his back.  "Wrong.  Gwen resembles her mother in every way, including her Magic, I presume?"  He looked at me for confirmation then, and all I could do was silently nod my head.  "And Aura looks just like her father, with the exception of her eyes," Professor Cedric frowned then, "I actually don't recall you having blue eyes, Aura."

Aura sighed then as she slowly released my hand, dropping it back to her side as the light between our fingers faded into nothing.  Lifting her right hand to cover her right eye, I glimpsed a small ray of blue light shine beneath her palm before she dropped her hand, her eyes once again mismatched.  I grinned at the sight of them.  "Ah.  There's your father's hazel eye," Professor Cedric spoke with a sad smile, as Aura just blinked at him.

"How?" was all she said, and I turned to the Satyr as well.  That's what I wanted to know.

Professor Cedric sighed.  "Aura was the first born, but as the mystery with mismatched-eyed children went, they were supposedly 'Cursed'," the Professor air quoted the word before continuing, "so people shunned your parents for giving birth to you.  But it was when Headmaster Harold found out the truth behind the mismatched eyes that he took you, wanting to put out your Spark and take your Magic for himself."  He lowered his gaze.  "Your parents were devastated, and so I promised to find you for them.  When I did, I applied for a position as a Professor in order to keep an eye on you.  I knew taking you back wasn't going to be easy, so I kept myself hidden until the time came to bring you home.  It wasn't until Miranda and Jimmy had their second child a year later that I discovered the Spark."

I frowned.  "What's this 'Spark' you keep talking about?"  I didn't notice that Aura had looked over at me at that moment.

"The Sisters of the Spark is the simple term for it.  The formal name for what you two are is called the Sisters of the Light," the Professor explained, and began pacing.  "I don't know much about it, only that when two sisters born of purity unite, they are to bring prosperity and light to the darkness that looms over us all, purifying it in a way no other Magic can."  He glanced over at us.  "And my guess is that since both of you were practically separated at birth, and your parents didn't mention Aura to you, Gwen, they hadn't seen the Spark like I did."

Aura spoke up then, "So Gwen is my birth sister?  With the same parents and everything?"  I glanced over at her.  Her face held no emotion.  Professor Cedric nodded solemnly.

"She is in every way your sister, Aura."

Aura collapsed to her knees then, holding her face in her hands as she took deep ragged breaths.  I immediately knelt down beside her, placing my hand on her shoulder reassuringly.  Surprisingly, she didn't flinch at my touch, only reached one hand up to enclose mine, the light from before now just a dim glow between our fingers.  "He's after her," I barely heard her whisper, when she raised her head to the Professor then, unshed tears pooling in her mismatched eyes, "He's after her.  I didn't understand when he said he wants to put out her Spark, but now I do.  Gwen has to leave."

"What?" I blinked, then frowned.  "I'm not leaving you here."

Aura stared hard up at me.  "If I'm the older sister here, then I say you have to leave.  I won't let him do to you what he's done to me."

"Then what if he can't?"

We all turned towards Elliot.  Aura narrowed her mismatched eyes at him.  "What are you talking about?"

Elliot stepped forward then and grabbed hold of my hand.  "What I mean is, what if he can't touch her?"

"And how in the Mage would that happen exactly?" Aura sneered, her eyes no longer blurred by tears, only fierce determination reflecting in her blue and hazel irises.

Elliot smirked and squeezed my hand.  "I can cast a protective Spell around Gwen that will burn the Headmaster if he ever tries to touch her.  And trust me, we'll know if he does."

~+~

Once we were all dismissed by Professor Cedric--who had another class to teach--Hunter and Elliot left to the boys' Dorm while Aura and I headed to the girls' Dorm.  Elliot had cast his Spell as promised, so all we could do now was wait for it to work.  I knew it would since Elliot had such amazing firepower in his Magic, so I didn't doubt his skill for a second.

Aura, on the other hand, wasn't that confident.  I still found it surprising that we were sisters.  Nearly unbelievable, actually.  But Professor Cedric was right about one thing; Aura did look like dad.  Dad had always teased me that I was a spitting image of mom, with my flaming red hair--now with the exception of the two white strands--and bright gray eyes, along with my Magic that was just like hers.  Dad adored mom for her ability to speak to animals.  He especially loved her Arctic Fox Familiar.  I guess that was something Aura had in common with mom.  Having white colored Familiars.  Dad, on the other hand, had a Stag as his Familiar.  He was a tiny thing, and we got along really well.  Up until the point that mom and dad died, they left back to being just regular magical creatures.  I couldn't keep them as my own since they had been my parents' Familiars.  I knew it was hard for them with losing my parents as well.  I haven't seen them since, but I knew they were still alive.  They'd always leave me some sort of sign that they were still around.  Mom's Arctic Fox, Fade, would leave me piles of leaves that happened to be herbs for medicines, while dad's Stag, Butch, would have logs piled up by the house for winter.

Aura looked in every way like dad, up to his not quite brown but not quite black hair, and his hazel eyes.  Well, at least the one that Aura inherited, otherwise, I don't know where the blue iris came from.  "What were they like?" I barely heard Aura whisper in front of me since I was walking silently behind her for the past few minutes.

I gulped.  I knew she meant mom and dad.  A slow smile pulled at my lips as I hurried to walk beside her.  "Well, mom was in love with flowers so much that dad would tease her about having a non-existent green thumb.  Mom wasn't actually very good at gardening, so dad secretly used his Magic to help keep the plants alive for her.  She would always rub it in his face that she had a green thumb after all.  I only found out because I had caught dad healing the flowers when mom went out to the market one day," I chuckled at the memory and caught Aura slowly start to smile.  "Dad had such beautiful Greenery Magic.  He kept the garden alive and was a natural at making remedies for helping mom take care of the animals in the village.  Well, except for the time mom mixed up the medicines as a prank and had him test it.  Dad's hair was pink for an entire month."  I laughed at the memory of dad's face every time someone would point out his hair when I went to the market with him.  He even refused to leave the cottage for a week because of it.  "Dad got back at mom though by using an opposite day Spell.  Whenever he said to do something right, she would do it wrong.  It got her so angry that it took two whole weeks for her to forgive him."

At this, Aura finally laughed.  It wasn't a full belly laugh or a small giggle, but something in between.  It was good enough for me.  "They must have been really fun parents," Aura smiled sadly at me, before turning her head forward once again.

I could only nod.  "Yeah.  They were," I mumbled as we continued walking in silence to the Dorms.

Aura sighed then.  "There's something I want to show you."  I frowned, but didn't say anything as I silently followed Aura to the Train Station.  I halted in my steps.  She wasn't going to force me to leave, was she?  Aura looked over her shoulder at me, her once againcold blue eyes growing soft.  "You don't have to worry.  I know that with Eli here, you feel safe.  I'm not making you leave."  I sighed in relief.  "I just wanted you to see why I want you to leave."  With that said, Aura took a step forward onto the open Train door, only to get blasted backwards by an invisible force.

"Aura!" I cried, and ran to help her as she slowly sat up, rubbing her behind as she did.

"Yup.  Still hurts," she grumbled, and pushed herself back up to her feet.

"What was that?" I asked while looking back over towards the Train.  Nothing seemed out of place.  I frowned.

Aura sighed.  "It's the reason I want you to leave."  I looked back over at her to find her crossing her arms and avoiding my eyes.  "The Headmaster cast a Jinx on me to keep me trapped here at the school," she glanced up at me, "I can never leave.  I don't want the same thing to happen to you."

I grabbed her hand then and she flinched slightly, but didn't pull away.  "It won't happen.  I have complete confidence in Elliot's Magical abilities, and I know he will protect me.  Hunter will do the same for you now that you two are Buddies," I reminded her, and she groaned.

"Don't remind me," she muttered, and pulled her hand back as she began to head towards the Dorms once again.  I bit back a smile.  Maybe Aura and I were a lot more similar than we thought.

*~*

A/N: So more insight on the sisters and what their parents were like ;P At least I got it finished xP Now to write Aura's P.O.V. in 'Frostbitten' ._.

Plz VOTE, COMMENT, and/or FAN/SHARE!!! THNX FOR READING EVERYONE!!! ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213 0 20
I'll never understand why he accepted me as his assistant -- me, a college dropout with the sense of a squirrel. I'll never understand why he won't t...
845 70 12
A spin off story about two characters in my Annabeth at Hogwarts series! Read on to find out how your two favorite lesbians came to be! (This all tak...
94.5K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
3.2K 462 59
|SEASON 1 OF MILO AND MAISIE| |ONC 2024 LONGLIST · AMBASSADORS' PICK · 11X FEATURED| Two years after her older brother's tragic death, anxiety-strick...