Illmatic Treasure

By teddylynette

~ Imprisioned by vision Pardoned by dreams Captive to potential I've found freedom in love An endangered spe... More

Illmatic Poetry #1
Illmatic Prologue
Illmatic 1
Illmatic 3
Illmatic 4
Illmatic 5
Illmatic 6
Illmatic 7
Illmatic 8
Illmatic 9
Illmatic 10
Illmatic 11
Illmatic 12
Illmatic 13
Illmatic 14
Illmatic 15

Illmatic 2

813 25 31
By teddylynette

Yo, just this once

Month in 1\2 later..

He chased her in the ivory moonlight, her ebony curly hair over dark skinned shoulders. A faint smile with a chasing laugh followed on his lips. We ran down by the sandy sweet seaside. The shore called our names and our feet carried us forward. Frothing waves kissed our feet as my hand slid into his. Their roar quitened as we drew near...

The ringing of the housephone knocked me out of my daydream. Only one person could be ringing my line. Pops, since I can't dial out only recieving calls. I know what your thinkin' what if you have an emergency! Yo, thats what they got battery cellies for. Pops words not mine. Ill be a dead mufucka messin' around with him.

I got up from my comfy spot on the couch to answer the tellie.
"Wassup Pops?" I huffed playing with my chipped nails. I need to get these joints redone. "Yo what took you so long to answer the phone! What you doin' over there 'Lijah?!" 'Scuurrr! Hol' up why he call buggin already?! Damn just tell me what you hittin' me up for.'

"Nothin, I mumbled trying to stay kosher, I was in the shower i came as fast as I could, know I'm sayin'?" 'A lie.'

"Geah, but babygirl do you know what day it is?" "Naw, what day is it?" I asked cluelessly, when I really know what day it is. Just jivin' with him. "Why you playin' with me right now?!" He sound disappointed. I rolled my eyes playfully trying not to give myself away. He go from 100 to 0 in seconds.

"Imma whoop yo ass when I see you. You know it's my birthday."
I bust out with giggles. "Happy 40th birthday pops you gettin' old!" "Why you dissin' me?" Pops asked laughing. "Just keepin' it real Pops!" I answered tapping my nails on the counter impatiently.

"Anyway, he chuckles, babygirl I want you to come out to celebrate with me, ahite?"
I took the phone away from my ear and look at it like: 'Why you playin' with me son!'. Im about to get mad emotional! Am I being bamboozled?! Is this my Pops, it cant be? Mr. 'I dont need you leaving out these four walls' headed ass. "Babygirl you there?"
I calm down before putting the phone back to my ear.

"Yeah, geah Im here." I answered trying to act unaffected. "You frontin' on me? Because-" "Naw, Im serious but just this once! Dont make me regret it!" He warned getting on a level six. "My bad, my bad!" I put my hands up in surrender. "You wont Pops I promise." "Alright, your personal stylist Erica should be ova to hook you up in a few."
"Thanks Pops, you know I appreciate this." "Yea thank JoJo." 'My nigga! Thats my dude!'
Jo must of got through to his rockheaded ass. "Word."

"Ahite!, I'll see you. I love you babygirl." "I love you too." "one." He said hanging up. I dropped the phone in shock, screaming out of excitement and joy. This was so unexpected i dont know how to act!

I was in the basement, my place of zen perfecting Pops' present. Pops clearly expressed his abominate dislike for my work. I think he'll like it. A self portrait never hurt nobody. If he doesn't accept it, imma get JoJo to hang it up in his crib. Either way he has no choice, feel me? He gone learn today!

"Aye Alijah!" and the man of the hour arrives. "Down here Jo!" I yelled never taking my attention away from my work as I put the finishing touch on Pops' nose. "What you doin down here B?" He asked running down the stairs. I turned my head to look back at him. "What it look like foo'?" "Let me see" he pushed me out the way. Rudeness.

"Oooh this shit is dope sis! It look just like my G." He stuck his finger out about to touch it.
"Aye boy!, i smacked his hand, I just finished it, its still wet." I walked away to put my art tools in their respective areas. 'This dude man, he always doing somethin'.

"My fault sis, I just wanna touch it shit looks real. When you gone paint me one?" " When you run me my coins." I said rubbing my three fingers together like: 'Pay me my money!' "Awe, you foul man." He laughed leaning against the wall. "You love me though."

"How you figure that?" He scrunched up his face.
"Pops called." He tried to hide the smirk to fight his smile but, I knew it was coming. "What he want?" He mumbled touching my art hanging on the wall. "Man!, I yell stomping my feet, you know what he wanted!" He playing like he aint do shit.

JoJo chuckled with amusement as he pulled me by the neck into a hug. "Say : 'Thankyou big daddy Jo for gettin' me out the crib'." He commanded squeezing me.
"You buggin' son, i giggled, thank you bro." I hugged him patting his back.
"You know I 'preciate you right?"
We said at the same time. JoJo mimicking me. 'Really yo!' "Shut up!"
I pushed him getting out of his embrace. We can never have a serious moment.

"You know I love you" JoJo laughed pinching my cheek. "Yeah, geah G, I smirked rolling my eyes, how'd you do it?" I asked as we sat in chairs I have down here. "I have my ways." He sneered rubbing his chin. Now I'm mad curious! Like what really went down ?
"Tell me!" I yelled shaking him. "Ahite, chill out scrap!" I sat back getting comfortable in my sit, I need some popcorn.

"Check it, so after I left your crib I went to Pops' crib to give him a piece of my mind, feel me?! You know I hate seeing you like that sis. That shit just wasnt sittin' right with me."he said leaning back. "mhm." I hum trying to get a visual.

"So I sped over there and shit bustin' through the house demanding where ya 'ol man was at." 'Liar asking.' I thought shifting in my seat. "Ava skeezin' ass was like 'he in the study.'" He imitated her making me giggle.
'This guy.' "Anyway I barged up stairs in his shit going ham, and shits telling him how its gone be some changes in this piece when it comes to you!" He yelled being dramatic.

I twisted my lip like: 'Why you gotta lie for, yo?!'.
"What really happened?" I crossed my arms under my breasts. Jo gave me a look of defeat. "Why wont you let me have my moment?!" He said jumping at me. "I knew you was frontin' G , I giggled, you wouldn't even do no shit like that."

JoJo blew out a breath of frustration. "Okay, what really happened was .... I got yo Pops fucked up!" He exclaims my mouth dropped. "Niggguuh!" I slapped him on the chest. "What!
You gettin' out the house right?! I tape recorded his ass saying you could come to his lil' birthday shindig, you know." I bust up with giggles. 'I cant with this dude.' "I cant believe you son." "Well believe me, that shit was hard as hell." JoJo exaggerated wiping sweat from his brow.

"You put ya life on the line for lil' ol' me. I'm touched!" I put my hand over my heart fluttering my eyelashes.
"Yea I guess, you need to get out the crib. Live a little." He said tousling my curls.

"Come on Erica upstairs. She gone getchu right, you been looking bummy lately." I jumped up. "Fareal !? Why you didn't tell me? She probably up there all lonely. You rude." I said pushing his head. "Shush Ali, he pushed me towards the stairs, Im daddy and, daddy told her to stay upstairs." 'You cant be everybody daddy G.'

~Omniscent~

They are all at the table feasting on Sylvia's fried chicken, rice dressing, mac and cheese, collard greens,and rolls. This is the norm for them grubbin', sippin' cognac, listening to Breeze shoot the shits.

"B you lying yo!" Monroe mumbled shoveling rice into his mouth. "Roe, Im tellin' you G she sucked me off outside the cut."
"You a wild boy! Her top was slop-" "Aye mayne pass me the honey butta fa' the rolls yo." Darnell said
interrupting their raunchy ass conversation.

Monroe looked in the bag, no honey butter. "Nell they aint put no butter in the bag G."
"Everytime we order from that bitch they'on neva' put none in the bag, im filin' a complaint yo."
Darnell complained sippin' his drank. "Fuck the honey butter B,
can I finish what I was sayin' yo?" He gone finish anyway, mufucka run his mouth like a faucet.

"I couldn't stop her this time B, shit felt so goood, felt like i was about to cry!" He expressed wiping his eyes like he just cried two tears in a bucket.
Roe and Nell bust they sides laughin'. "Who is this trick G?"
Monroe asked coughing from laughin' at Breeze wild ass.
"Ava, Slim lil boo." He answered
pouring more mac and cheese on his plate.

"Word?" Darnell questioned. "Geah, she been sweatin' ya boy fa years. I finally gave her a taste of Breezy." He shrugged nonchalantly.
"Ronnie gone blast both ya asses, Nell chuckled, maybe even Slim grimey ass too." Breeze waved his hand like 'who gives a fuck.' "Ill
handle Ronnie lil ass and , as for Slim
I dont give a fuck he know where I be at B." Darnell shrugged he aint in dat shit.
But if needed he would apply pressure.

"Gimmie some for gettin' some sloppy though!" Monroe laughed as they slapped eachother hand. "Aye-" Roe beeper
vibrated on his hip. He looked at the number seeing that his 'wifey' was beepin' him. He got up to see what was up.

She answered on the first ring.
"Wassup boo what you doin'?"
"Nothin', shootin' the shit with my mans, you know." He smiled all goofy like. "Oh I miss you boo. You gone slide through this party lata' to come see me?" his 'wifey'
asked hopefully. "Yeah, geah I think I could do that." Monroe
smirked thinkin' bout her fine ass.

"Where at?" He asked lickin' his succulent lips "Um ... The Tunnel Club on twelfth avenue." She heard her client's footsteps approaching, meaning she was near. "Alright"
"Ahite lata boo, I gotta go"
She kissed him through the phone. "Lata Riri." He hung up.
"Aye B, yall wanna slide through
a cut tonight?!"

--------------------------------------------------

Darnell, Alijah, Breeze, Monroe in mm ..

YOU GUUYYYSS !

Yall like ?
Seriously yall ..

New characters ?

Alijah ?

JoJo ?

Pops ?

Until next time !!!

- love ..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 789 27
If it's real, then I've chased you across time and space, and you've never been able to get away.
59.5K 4.3K 18
Him : it's was just a revenge and i don't have ever loved you one more thing forget everything . Her : What was my mistake, why did you do this to m...
535 93 13
To you, my lover boy. To you, now I am writing while going back in my younger self, brushing away the traces of age life has given me and turning int...
4.7K 270 31
New title. New Drama. But the same past... The sequel to The One That Got Away. What does love have in store for our characters this time. Will what'...