Byzantium

Docked tarafından

Preternaturals have made themselves known in society and humans have accepted them. Pre's are required to bec... Daha Fazla

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4
Stage 5
Stage 6
Stage 7
Stage 8
Stage 9
Stage 10
Stage 11
Stage 12
Stage 14
Stage 15
Aftermath- The End

Stage 13

2.6K 166 20
Docked tarafından

Elise was lying askew atop her bed, flat on her back with her feet propped up by two pillows, and her hands stuck underneath her head. She was contemplating going to see Rayna again for another confrontation, but this time, she snarled to herself, there would be no talking. Only claws, teeth, and magic.

Elise's rage was almost palpable as she thought about what she wanted to do to Rayna for what the woman's workers did to Ivy. She would roar and demolish anything and everything, all in the name of Ivy. There were absolutely no limits to what Elise was capable of now.

She surmised that the senseless slaughter would get her taken away from Ivy, but she couldn't sit around and do nothing. Someone needed to be punished. But could Elise really murder those she once cared deeply for? Besides, she thought, if Rayna died then Carmen would have to as well since she was a part of Rayna's activities. Elise didn't think she could kill Carmen, who had at least tried to make things better, even if she didn't try very hard. Rayna though, perhaps...

Moving her feet, Elise looked between them and saw Ivy standing in the doorway. Ivy wiggled her fingers in greeting and smiled softly. She stared through Elise's little foot window for a minute before speaking, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Elise scoffed and put her feet back to their original position. "Talk about what?" Her jaw twitched at being unnecessarily rude to Ivy, and she tried to calm herself and separate her anger at Rayna from her other emotions.

"Talk about you possibly being taken away." Ivy took a slow step into the room, not put off by Elise's attitude. "Talk about us." Another step, lazy, and a half shrug. "Talk about anything, really."

Elise scooted over in bed, a silent invitation for Ivy, who took it without a second thought. She laid down beside Elise and propped up her feet on the two pillows where Elise's were. She wondered if she should push the subject, but in the end she silently waited for Elise to speak first. She was forced to wait an obnoxiously long time.

Sighing, Elise crossed her ankles and finally spoke, "I'm thinking of going to see Rayna again."

At the news Ivy almost sat up and hit Elise right on the nose, but she held back her initial reaction and just turned her head to glare at Elise. "Why in the world would you want to do that?"

"Talk to her. Set some things straight." Then Elise added under her breath, "Kill her..."

Ivy caught the last words and held back another urge to bop Elise's nose. "Please tell me you're joking."

Elise didn't respond. She wasn't going to lie, didn't want to lie. The silence gave Ivy her answer.

Shifting onto her side, Ivy lifted herself up onto an elbow and looked down at Elise, who was strategically keeping her eyes anywhere but on Ivy's face. "You know you can't do that."

"I very much can," Elise muttered. She was damned wolf, and could kill most anything when she set her mind to it.

"Elise," Ivy sighed. She tried to catch Elise's eyes, but failed. "If you do that, you're definitely going to be taken away from me. Do you want that?"

"No," Elise admitted softly. "But I'm not going to wait for Rayna to send someone else after us. She's not going to stop, Ivy. She's going to keep coming at us until we break. I want to stop her first, and the only way I know how to do that is to kill her."

"You talk like killing someone is easy."

"It is, if you know where to hit."

"That's not funny, Elise."

Elise growled and turned onto her side to mirror Ivy's position. "I'm not trying to be funny. I'm serious. I told you- I'm dangerous now. All that's running through my mind is tearing open Rayna's throat, dancing her blood. I want to-" She stopped talking when Ivy placed a gentle, understanding hand on her cheek. She rolled her eyes shut and pushed her face further into Ivy's palm. The touch was comforting and everything Elise wanted.

"Have you done this before?" Ivy asked, so, so quiet. Her gaze was soft but intense. "Have you killed for someone?"

"Yes." Elise opened her eyes. "Only for family so far but... yes."

Ivy dropped her hand. "What about your pack?"

"My family is my pack."

"So, I'm part of your family, then." Ivy smiled, very much liking the idea. She wondered who else was in her pack, and what they were like. Would they accept a human? "Who else is in our pack?"

Elise looked up and away, her mind bringing up images of her pack, and smiled, suddenly forgetting her hatred for Rayna. "My mom, my dad, my siblings. My siblings' mates, their kids. We have a pretty big pack." She leaned in close to Ivy. "And now you're a part of it. I really would love to introduce you to everyone else- if you're okay with that, I mean."

"Of course I'm okay with it. But you know you can't introduce me to the family if you're gone, or worse." Ivy pleaded with her eyes as well as her words. "Please don't go to see Rayna. You could get hurt, and... and... and you can't leave me here alone while you go."

Elise grabbed Ivy's hand and kissed her palm. "I won't- I don't- ever want to leave you alone. You are my responsibility, by law and by my heart." She almost thought she would feel embarrassed saying such a thing but, for some reason, it felt right. She had always been very open with her feelings about those she was close to, so it was only mildly surprising to her that she was already saying things like that to Ivy. Her heart moved fast once she admitted to herself how she felt.

To Ivy, though, the words were entirely unexpected. She gulped and moved her hand in Elise's to intertwine their fingers. "Is this okay?" she asked softly. She knew they had held hands before, but now she was more conscious about the small intimacies to make sure Elise's anxiety wouldn't flare. When Elise nodded, Ivy moved closer and inched her legs to lay directly in front of Elise's. "This?"

Smiling, Elise dropped onto her back and pulled Ivy so close that Ivy was half laying atop her. She slid a leg between Ivy's to feel more connected and was delighted when Ivy let it happen. She noted that they fit so well together that it was dizzying. "All of this is okay when I'm with you," she whispered. "I want us to be as close as possible. Is that okay?"

Ivy felt a warmness in her lower stomach, but she tried so hard to cut the reaction quick. She wanted to enjoy Elise and arousal would only ruin everything.

But Elise wasn't dense. She caught the way Ivy's body temperature rose, the way Ivy's heartbeat raced. She caught Ivy's scent, the one that rose higher up the bed and stuck in Elise's nostrils. Elise had to admit that the scent smelled delicious, though. It didn't make her lustful, not at all, but she wouldn't mind tasting it to satisfy her curiosity. She had never 'gone down' on a woman, as the saying went, she had never gotten that far, and a part of her thought it might be gross. The only way she thought she could go through with it was not to think of it as a sex act, but as a sampling, as one did with new foods. She shook the thought away then pressed her lips to Ivy's cheek. "I'm sorry I make you feel this way," she mumbled, insinuating Ivy's feeling of lust.

Ivy grew hotter, slightly embarrassed that Elise knew of her arousal. "No, it's okay."

"No, it's not." Elise put a sliver of space between their bodies. "The way I am, I can't get enough of intimate situations. I love it. And I can go quite far, I just can't go through with the actual act of sex. I'm sorry."

"Please don't be. That's what you're comfortable with, and that's perfectly okay. I'm just glad you're giving me the chance to be around you."

"You know, when we first met, I never would have guessed that you'd be this caring."

Ivy laughed. "I definitely could say the same thing about you."

Pushing a lock of hair out of Ivy's face, Elise sighed. "I know you don't want to talk about this but... we need to do something about Rayna. That kidnapping business almost gave me a heart attack. I don't think I can handle something like that happening again to you."

"Well you're not going over there just to kill her."

"What if I go over there just to talk? I promise, just talking. Maybe I can make some kind of deal with her."

"What do you think you'll accomplish? Honestly. She's obviously determined to get her way. What if she doesn't want to make a deal with us?"

Elise growled. "I have to try, if at least for your sake."

Ivy scanned Elise's face. She knew Elise was determined and she didn't think that anything she would say would change Elise's mind. She stroked Elise's face, accidentally brushing her fingertips over Elise's misshapen ear. "Okay. We can go. Understand? I'll let you talk to her but only if you take me with you."

"But-"

"No exceptions. It's this or nothing."

Grumbling, Elise begrudgingly agreed. "Fine. But I want to go as soon as possible." At least she could protect Ivy this way.

"We can go tonight."

-----

After securing Judah in his bunker for his own safety, Elise and Ivy went on their way to Rayna's club. Elise's anger was rearing its ugly head as they drove, and it made the car stuffy and uncomfortable. Ivy placed a hand on Elise's thigh and Elise calmed enough that the air in the car wasn't so explosive. Elise still felt mad, but it was at a much lesser level than when the drive started.

Elise grabbed onto Ivy's hand and they remained connected, holding hands over the center console the entire way to the club. By the time they arrived, Elise felt safe in her ability to make it to Rayna's office without harming someone on the way.

But then she stepped inside the club. The thrumming music and mixed scents got Elise's wolf on edge, snapping in her chest with a barely contained bloodlust. Savvy's sudden and unwanted appearance only made matters much, much worse.

"I knew you'd come to see me," Savvy purred into Elise's ear. She led Elise to a seat further into the club, leaving Ivy behind, and pushed Elise down. Elise bit her lip in frustration, trying to hold her sharp tongue, but Savvy took it as a sign of approval. She completely ignored everyone else around her and straddled Elise's lap. She hovered her lips over Elise's and smiled. "I finally have you all to myself..."

Elise's hands were gripping the arms of her seat so tightly, her nails pierced the fine leather. She worked her jaw and tried to think of a tactic that would get Savvy off of her without causing harm. Savvy's lips drew closer and all the ideas that Elise thought she had were gone. All that was left was her fight or flight instinct. Elise gulped, her heart racing thanks to Savvy's aura of sex, and she pulled her head back to be as far as possible from Savvy's lips. Just as Savvy was about to press her mouth to Elise's, she was pulled back roughly and off of Elise's lap.

"Touch her again and you'll have to deal with me," Ivy said, her voice calm but her eyes on fire. She pushed Savvy away and helped Elise out of her chair.

"Took you long enough," Elise grumbled, breathing heavily. Her voice was scratchy and unnatural.

"What? I had to get away from some creep that thought I worked here."

Savvy shoved Ivy from behind and caused Ivy to crash into someone else, who started cursing loudly. Ivy, recovering, spun around and glared at Savvy. Before anything else could happen, and wanting to keep Ivy pristine, Elise stepped between the two women.

Savvy immediately saddled up to Elise's side and rubbed Elise's arm. "Did you see what she did to me? And she interrupted us. What are you going to do about it?"

Elise yanked her arm out of Savvy's grip. Her temper was beginning to flare and she wasn't in the mood for games. "Thank her," she said, grabbing Ivy's hand. "Is Rayna in her office or not?"

Savvy ignored the question, her hands fisting at her sides. "What? So you're with her now?" she snarled, her eyes flicking angrily to Elise and Ivy's clasped hands. "What was I then? A joke? Just a game to you? I thought we had something!"

Elise couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Shut up, Savvy!" she yelled. The response was so loud that the club quieted down, even the music seemed at a lower volume. The club's reaction, faces turning to see what was causing such a ruckus, enraged Elise even further. "What?" she shouted, raising her arms as a challenge to anyone around. "What are you all looking at?"

Ivy brushed her fingertips down Elise's back. "Elise... please..." She noticed bouncers making their way over and she didn't want to get thrown out of the club before they had the chance to do what they came to do.

Elise's jaw clenched dangerously, and Ivy could feel Elise's body shaking. All Ivy could think was, she's going to explode. She's finally come to her breaking point... and she's going to explode. The tension in the club was palpable. When the bouncers were finally close enough to see what was happening, they hesitated, already knowing Elise and what she had done in the past, and what she could do.

"I've had enough," Elise said through clenched teeth, pointing at one of the bouncers simply because he was the biggest. He looked scared. "I'm tired of taking things on my back like a pathetic dog. I'm tired of letting people walk all over me."

Oh no, Ivy thought. She knew that everything that Elise had ever dealt with, all the pain and hurt, all of her fear and anxieties, was now coming out. Elise had had enough of masking her negative feelings with a positive attitude. Savvy's final assault broke Elise's dam. Ivy bit her lip, afraid to intervene.

Growling at a bouncer that dared try to take a step forward, Elise bared her teeth. Anyone close enough, customers and dancers alike, were trying to inch away, out of Elise's possible reach. Savvy, the only one brave enough to try and wrangle in Elise, smiled.

"Elise? Why don't you calm down? Come here, me and you can-"

"No!" Elise's voice was broken. "No more. I'm not going to let you assault me anymore!"

Intense whispers spread throughout the club, the dancers' more surprised than anyone elses. Savvy looked around her, her face red, then refocused on Elise. "Elise," she tried again. "I've never assaulted you."

"Yes you have!" A frustrated noise left Elise. Is Savvy really so dense? Does she really think I was a consenting party? "You always try to make me have sex with you but I don't want to!"

Ivy's heart was breaking. She knew Savvy's come ons were hell for Elise, but she had never truly realized how much of a victim Elise was, how much Savvy's presence hurt Elise to the core.

"Elise!" Savvy was starting to get mad now. "You came on to me. You've never complained. You've never said 'no'. If anything, you want it more than I do! You just like teasing me and making me look like the fool!"

That was the final straw for Ivy. She couldn't handle hearing Savvy's demented version of things. "That's enough," she managed. She had to swallow and repeat herself. "That's enough. Savvy... you have no idea what you're talking about. You obviously don't know Elise at all."

"Oh, and you do?" Savvy seethed. "You're just some stupid woman she's Hosting. She doesn't even like you."

Elise's body went rigid at that. A dangerous growl shook the floors, drinks clanking against one another on tables, and every Pre in the club whimpered at such a display of unparalleled power. Elise's dark eyes scanned every person within jumping range, ready to attack any one of them at the drop of a hat.

A snap of fingers brought everyone's attention upwards. Rayna was standing on the second story balcony, looking down at the frightened people, Elise in the middle of them all. "Why don't you come see me in my office?" she asked coolly. "Everyone else, back to work. Dj? Turn up the music please."

And just like that, the club returned to its normal atmosphere. Ivy gently pushed Elise towards Rayna's office, and, luckily, Elise didn't object. Savvy attempted to get Elise's attention but Ivy shot Savvy a look, stopping the dancer in her tracks. Ivy continued to push Elise in the direction of Rayna's office, though she didn't need to. Elise was walking on her own, her eyes blazing purple. Ivy didn't try to calm her Host.

When they made it to Rayna's office, Elise slammed the door shut, noticing that the doorknob was new and made of a much stronger material than it used to be. She moved into the room and let Ivy sit down in one of the chairs in front of Rayna's desk. Elise remained standing, for more than one reason. Rayna noticed.

"So," Rayna started, crossing her legs after she sat down in her desk chair. "You've come to give me my things, correct?"

"We've come to tell you to stop sending people after us," Elise responded, her tone clearly annoyed. "I'm sure you know by now that one of your people was killed, the other most likely scared out of his wits. I'm getting tired of it, Rayna." Her hands twitched. "Really, really, tired."

Rayna's eyes flicked down to Elise's hands, knowing Elise could attack at any time. She mentally gave Savvy a brutal beating for causing Elise to arrive at such a volatile temperament. If Elise was ready to bite at the simplest thing, then Rayna had to be extra careful about how the meeting went. "Well, I'd be happy to stop sending my people if you simply give me what you owe me."

"I owe you nothing!" Elise would have bound forward but Ivy was sitting right in front of her. She may have been in a mood, but there was no mood that would cause her to harm Ivy.

Rayna raised an eyebrow at Elise's obvious care for Ivy. She leaned back in her seat. "No, you don't me own me anything, but she does." She pointed to Ivy. "We made a deal. She would get me items I needed, and I would help Judah."

"Your part of the deal was a lie," Elise hissed.

Rayna shrugged. "Be that as it may, we made a deal all the same. The items you gathered before you decided you wanted to break our deal, are mine, and I want them. Don't worry, once I get them, I won't be asking for anything else."

Chewing on her inner cheek, Elise placed her hands on the back of Ivy's chair. She didn't want to hand over the items, but if she did, Rayna wouldn't be asking for anymore favors. "You'll ask for nothing more? Nothing at all?"

Rayna nodded, her eyes studying the two women in front of her intently. "Absolutely nothing."

Ivy reached up and placed a hand on Elise's, and Elise knew what Ivy wanted. Sighing, Elise squeezed the back of Ivy's chair. "Fine. We'll... we'll think about it." That was the best Elise could do. She was too upset to accept immediately.

Rayna knew that was the best that she could get, for now. "Give me my things, and I won't be bothering you with anything. It's a great deal but I'll let you think about it anyway."

"And your people?" Ivy asked. "You won't be sending anymore people after us while we think?"

Rayna licked her top teeth and tapped a fingernail on the top of her desk. She kept her eyes on Elise. "I'll give you until tomorrow night. I want my answer then."

Elise growled, wanting more time, but Ivy stood and nodded. "That's more than enough time."

Before Elise could object, Ivy moved to the direction of the door. Elise glared at Rayna for a moment then followed behind Ivy. Rayna smiled and watched Elise and Ivy retreat. "Remember," she called after them. "Tomorrow night."

Elise turned back to Rayna and growled. She grasped the doorknob in her hand and squeezed. The doorknob shattered, then Elise left. Rayna stared at the remains of the doorknob on the floor and began to come up with new ideas on how to handle Elise. The wolf was now much more unpredictable, Rayna knew that much from her clear relationship with Ivy. Rayna tapped her desk top and jiggled her foot. A slow smile spread her lips, and she laughed.

-----

"I'm sorry," Elise mumbled, staring out of the window. She scratched her bum ear and chastised herself for getting so out of control. Savvy was just being Savvy. Elise didn't like it but that was no excuse for her behavior. She just couldn't believe that Savvy really thought that they were in item. Elise wondered where Savvy got the idea that they were a couple. Where did her sense of entitlement to my body come from? Yes once doesn't mean yes forever. Everything involving Savvy was pure chaos in Elise's mind.

Ivy tightened her grip on the steering wheel, then she relaxed and sighed, bringing Elise's focus back on the present. "It's okay," Ivy said. "I understand."

"I shouldn't have gotten so angry like that. It's so unlike me."

"Yes, it was, but it's understandable. Everyone has their limits. You just discovered yours."

"That still doesn't make what I did okay. I could have seriously hurt someone."

"But you didn't."

"But I could have."

"Elise, but you didn't. Stop focusing on the 'could's'. Everyone gets angry, everyone has their off days. With all of the crap we've been through, you deserve to have a break down."

"Me having a break down could mean the deaths of innocents."

Ivy stopped at a red light and turned to look at Elise. "You're a real bummer. What happened to being all smiley and flirty after something horrible happens?"

Elise frowned. "I was never flirty."

"Well you were very smiley and happy."

"That was different. I was the only one getting injured. Now... now you're just as much at risk. That doesn't sit well with me."

Placing a hand on Elise's cheek, Ivy ran her thumb sweetly over Elise's skin. "I know it doesn't."

Elise kissed Ivy's palm as a response, pure thankful love in the touch. She moved upward and kissed Ivy's inner wrist, then her forearm. She cared so deeply that she leaned forward and kissed Ivy's cheek next. She stared into Ivy's eyes, simply watching, admiring.

Ivy desperately wanted to lose control and pounce on Elise, but she didn't want to push Elise's limits. When Ivy was beginning to get antsy, a horn blared angrily. Ivy jumped in her seat, her face hot, and she refocused on the road. The light was already green.

"Sorry," Elise chuckled as the car begun to move. "I guess that wasn't the time for... relationship progression."

"No, no," Ivy said, an enthusiastic smile trying to shine through. "I mean, yes, it was sort of a bad time but... well, next time."

Elise smiled in Ivy's direction. "Definitely. Next time." She was amused that Ivy's face was beet red and she was shaking somewhat, her lower lip between her teeth. Do I really have that much of an effect on her? Elise shook her head and stared out the window, smelling Ivy's slight arousal. It was a tempting scent, as usual, but Elise wasn't going to voice that, especially since it wasn't tempting sexually. She didn't want to get Ivy's hopes up, though she didn't think Ivy would get the wrong idea, just her body would. Elise would have loved to please Ivy in that way if she didn't find it so unappealing.

By the time they arrived home the car no longer smelled of arousal nor anything near it. Elise stretched when she was through the front door and made her way to the living room couch, which she flopped down on as soon as she was within reach. "I hate getting mad," she sighed. "It tires me out. Makes me ache."

"No wonder you're so jolly all the time, then," Ivy said, chuckling. She threw her car keys on a chair then sat down next to Elise.

"Or, you know, I'm just naturally a nice person."

"Mm, that too." Ivy kicked off her shoes then toed them around so they were parallel to one another. "You getting mad tires me out, too. You make me nervous."

"I wouldn't hu-"

"I know, I know," Ivy interrupted, rolling her eyes. "You wouldn't hurt me. But you still make me nervous."

Elise tilted her upper body towards Ivy, then she let gravity take hold, and her head fell right into Ivy's lap. She looked up and smiled. "I'm sorry. I've never really gone so overboard protecting someone. I mean, yeah, I've killed for someone... but... never mind."

Placing a hand on top of Elise's head, Ivy gazed down, her hair falling over her shoulder. "Go ahead. Tell me."

Before she answered, Elise let Ivy pet her head for a few seconds. "It feels different. With my family it feels sort of like an obligation, you know? They're my family, I should protect them. With you... I'm choosing this. I'm choosing you."

"That's..." Ivy wasn't sure what to say. Elise's admission made her heart flutter. She could only smile. "That's really sweet."

"Oh, man," Elise moaned. She covered her face with her hands. "'That's really sweet'? Talk about a disappointing response."

Ivy laughed and grabbed onto Elise's wrists. "Come on." She moved Elise's hands. "I just don't know what to tell you. Believe me, I feel the same way, I'm just not sure what to say right now."

Elise chewed on her inner bottom lip. "Tell me one thing, at least."

"What?"

"Do you want to kiss me right now?"

Surprisingly, Ivy didn't fluster. She didn't even move besides her hands tightening on Elise's wrists. Her face was blank, and her words came out flat, "Can I- Are you okay with that?" With everything that had happened with Savvy, was this really okay?

"Of course I am."

Her heart beating too fast, Ivy slid her hands to lock with Elise's. She leaned down, a little excited that Elise leaned up, and gulped. "Sure?"

Elise lifted her head to get closer. Though the Savvy incident hurt, tremendously, this was different. This was a sober choice. This was consent. "Very."

That was it, Ivy wasted no more time. She pressed her lips against Elise's, her head swimming. The pounding in her chest was making her feel light headed and the softness of Elise's lips were only adding to the high.

"Hey," Elise mumbled between kisses. Ivy's tongue slipped into her mouth. "Hey, hey," she tried again.

Ivy groaned, then pulled back. "What?"

"Calm down." Elise chuckled. "You're getting a little excited. A lot excited. Also, I'm falling off the couch."

Mumbling an apology, Ivy managed a shy smile and helped Elise wiggle back to her original position. "I didn't mean to get so... well, you already know, I'm sure."

"It's okay. I understand." Elise put her hands under her head. "I am pretty delicious."

Ivy laughed, accidentally snorting, and shook her head. "Wow, do you bounce back quick."

Elise shrugged, an amused smile on her lips. Ivy leaned back and begun to pet Elise's head. Her thoughts on their shared kiss, Ivy pressed her fingertips to her lips and hummed softly to herself. She dropped her hand after a few minutes, then stopped petting Elise's head. "Can I ask you something?"

Elise rubbed her head against Ivy's still hand. "Yeah, go ahead."

Ivy continued her movements, lightly scratching her nails across Elise's scalp. "You already know how... this- the kissing and stuff- makes me feel. You can smell it or whatever. But... how does it make you feel?"

"How does kissing you make me feel?"

"Yeah."

Elise's brow furrowed. She had never really thought about how kissing made her feel. It didn't turn her on, or anything of the sort, but it was fun. "I like the way your tongue piercing feels."

"That's not what I meant," Ivy deadpanned.

"Well..." Elise's mouth twisted as she thought. "I like it. Obviously I don't get horny or whatever, but yeah, it's nice."

"That's it?"

Elise decided to try a different approach. "See, when I was growing up, stuff like this came naturally. Being naked, embracing, kissing, spending time together- all of it was a daily occurrence and none of it was seen as sexual. So, for me, all of this is... comforting, I suppose. It feels nice to be so close to you in this way."

Ivy averted her eyes and spoke next in a soft whisper, "Have you... felt this way with anyone else?"

"Cav, maybe." Elise thought on it. "But we don't kiss or anything like that. So, no, actually, I guess you've been the only one that I've felt this way with."

"Good," Ivy said, too quickly. "Uhm, I mean..."

Elise sat up and chuckled. "It's okay. I get it." She kissed Ivy sweetly on the cheek. "You're my one and only."

Ivy flushed as she watched Elise get up and walk towards the kitchen.

"Unless you keep on insisting that ice cream isn't a proper breakfast," Elise called over her shoulder. "Then I might have to move on."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Way to ruin a moment."

Elise poked her head back into the living room. "Come here and I'll give you some more moments."

Despite knowing that Elise didn't mean anything sexual by it, Ivy still felt a warmth spread over her body. She lifted herself off of the couch and followed Elise into the kitchen. As soon as she saw Elise, she knew something was wrong. Elise was standing in the middle of the kitchen, her ears twitching, her eyes focused on the floor.

"Do you smell that?" Elise asked, her nostrils flaring.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Then why are you-?"

"No." Elise's deformed ear moved awkwardly. "Nothing. Judah's stink. It's- it's practically gone." She looked up sharply at Ivy. "I didn't hear him stomping around when we came home. Did you?"

Ivy shook her head, worry starting to rise within her. "Do you think he...?"

Elise moved with all the quickness she was capable of. She slid into Ivy's room and lifted Judah's bunker door so forcefully that it came off its hinges. She dropped it absentmindedly and shoved her head into the bunker opening. Judah didn't pop out or say one of his ridiculous greetings as he usually did. The stink that was always present when he was around was almost non existent. Elise could smell traces of him but he was clearly gone. Cursing, Elise ran down into Judah's bunker and cursed again. Judah's room was a wreck. A struggle had taken place, that much was clear, and all the potions that had lined Judah's walls were smashed on the ground. Rayna's items were conveniently missing from the mess.

"Elise?" Ivy called down. "Is he in there?"

"No." Elise jogged back up to ground level. "He's gone. Rayna's damned items are gone. She let me rage in her club long enough to send her people into our home." Her eyes blazed purple, but she was sober enough to recognize manners, and she turned to Ivy. "Can I kill her now?"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

806K 34.4K 54
**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while others are made into rogues, they lose all h...
191K 5.6K 23
Izzy was just a regular girl. She was really crazy and thought nothing about nothing. She has 4 older brothers, all over protective of her. She learn...
9.8K 536 36
(Ongoing/slow updates) Lupita hated the moon, she hated fire, she hated blood, the vampires, the werewolves, the gods, magic, death. She hated everyt...
3.2K 54 25
Ally 18 and just begin to live her.....Werewolf life. Stories of ancient red eyed werewolves she was taught to fear. What will she do when One begin...