Survive ( twd carlgrimes)

By readerxox15

Book 1: After 8 years of being held hostage, 15 year old, Madison Smith and her family finally escapes with h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
chapter 108
chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120- Final Chapter.
Authors note.

Chapter 24 & 25

744 16 6
By readerxox15

CARL'S POV.

I lean against the kitchen counter and chat to Maggie and dad. Of course they wanted to know what Madison and I were talking about as soon as I left her room. Everyone else must be trying to find somewhere to sleep. Judith is sleeping in an actual cot, it used to be Abbie's when she was a baby. I don't think i've ever seen her go to sleep so easily before.

"So what happened with Madison?"
"Not sure." I shrug casually.
"She didn't want to talk about it."
Dad frowns. "Carl! You were supposed to-"
"You were right Dad."
"About what?" He panics.
Of course he would jump to the worst scenario.
"She has a bad temper."
Dad rolls his eyes but Maggie smiles widely.
"I've grown to kinda like that about her." She chuckles.

"She said she'd tell me later. All I know is that whatever happened between her and her mom has really shaken her up. Though, she wouldn't admit it."
"So you didn't find out anything?" Dad asks.
I shake my head.
"Then why were you up there for so long?"
I roll my eyes and avoid Maggie's teasing stare.
"Just small talk dad. Last I saw her she was going into Nicks room to talk to him about their mom. After a while I heard a lot of yelling and smashing, like a fight or something."

"What is it with these kids and all the yelling?" Dad grumbles to himself.
"You don't think he was hitting her, do you?" Maggie exclaims, concern clear on her face.
Dad scoffs. "Believe me, Madison can handle herself. I'd be more worried about the other kid. Looks like somebody could take him out with a fly swatter."

Dad looks at me now.
"Look, I know I said she could stay but this is too shady. There's something not right about this family"
"All families have their baggage. We did." I snap.
His face turns hard.
"Look. Of this shit isn't sorted by the morning then they're gone and I don't mean we go our separate ways. I don't trust them not to follow us. I mean gone gone."

"Rick!" Maggie warns.
"Jesus dad!" I groan. Dads threats are nothing to joke about. So, I'm surprised that I don't feel angry at him. Somehow I know this will work out because I can stand up to dad too. Not many people do.

"Can you chill the fuck out for two seconds?" I growl.
"Watch your language!" He snaps back but I ignore him.
"Not everybody is a threat. Not everybody wants to kill us. There's more of us than there are of them. It would be a suicide mission going up against us. Why can't you see that? Why are you hellbent on killing anybody you don't like?"

Dad pulls away slightly, shocked by my sudden outburst.
"You're not killing them."
"You don't tell me what to do." Dad argues back.
"I swear to god if you try anything to any of them-"
"You'll what?" Dad smirks.
We don't fight often but when we do it's never pretty. I already feel my hand twitch into a fist.

This is so much more than just Madison and her family. I'm sick of dad thinking everything is a threat. There is still good in the world. He has to see that.
"If they go then I'll go too. I'll leave." I threaten.
Dads face falls.

I'm surprised he actually believed me. No matter how much I like Madison, I'd never leave my family for her. I've only just met her but I'm hoping dad won't call my bluff.

"I don't think thats nessesary Rick. She's just a girl who has been through some shit. Add the end of the world on top of that and I'm sure you can understand what she's going through. She's just adjusting." Maggie interjects and the tension dissolved slightly, making it easier to breathe.

"Fine." Dad retorts.
"I'm not joking though. If any of them sets a tie out of line or gets any of us caught into trouble-"
I walk away, I can't stand to listen to him anymore. Only for Judith is asleep I know he'd yell after me.
I know I'm in trouble tomorrow.

I walk into the sitting room, past Judith's cot and tip-toe over everybody who has set up a bed on the floor for the night.
Abraham is sprawled out massively on the couch. I roll my eyes.
I take a spot on the sitting room floor but I stay sitting up, thinking of me and dads disagreement.

Maggie soon walks from the kitchen to the sitting room, just like I had. Instead of finding Glenn, she sits next to me.
I turn to Maggie, confused.
"So, What did the two of you really talk about? Or was there any talking?" She laughs.
I shake my head. "What are you talking about?"

Maggie shakes her head as if I'm missing something obvious.
"You and Madison."
I sigh. "What about us?"
"You like her."
"Sure. She's alright."
Maggie laughs. "No, you like her-like her."
I scoff. "What are you, five?"
"Stop avoiding."

"This is ridiculous." I lie down on the ground and close my eyes, ignoring her attempts to pull me back up beside her.
"No, it's not. Just admit it, you like her."
"No."
"No, you won't admit it or no, you don't like her?"
"Maggie! Jesus, go away! I'm trying to sleep!" I snap loudly and someone from the other side of the room shushes me.

"Don't act dumb. Michonne, Beth and I have noticed. The boys just aren't observant enough to see it. Jeez, maybe you dont even know it." She laughs.

"She's a friend. Thats all. End of discussion." I say, trying my best to sound convincing.
"I'm not buying it. You spend all your time with her and when your dad talked about her and her family, you were so defensive."
I roll my eyes. "Not for the reasons you think." At least this part is true, kinda.

"So, go on tell me all about her... You like her." She teases
"You realize you sound like the corny, gossip queen bitch from every movie ever made, right?" I snap.
"Ugh! I'll get it out of you tomorrow." She groans.
"Whatever helps you sleep at night Maggie." I mutter as she gets up and walks away. I turn over on my side and shut my eyes again.

I feel myself drifting into sleep when and loud whisper wakes me.
"PSST! psst! Maddie!"
"Madison!" She calls again.
I guess the both of them are in the upstairs hall. I open my eyes and look around the dark room. Nobody else seems to be listen. Everyone is asleep.

I groan as I get to my feet and as the calling gets louder I creep towards the bottom of the stairs.
"What? Keep it down! Everyone is asleep." Madison's voice flashes back rudely.
Her mother's voices comes out quieter now and I have to strain to hear them.

Even though I know it's wrong, I can't help my curiosity. My feet lead me halfway up the stairs until I can just see the tops of Madison and her moms head through the banisters upstairs.
Madison is standing outside Nicks room and her mother stands outside the room next to it. They keep a careful distance.

A deep frown is etched into Madison's face but her mom just looks to the ground.
This can't be good.
"Madison." Her mom calls again.
"I don't feel like talking."

Madison walks towards the stairs and I duck but she's caught in her tracks as her mother leans towards her. I can't see whats happening but when I hear a sharp smack I'm almost sure that Madison has slapped her mother's hand off her.

Madison glares at her mother before turning around and walking towards the stairs again.
I have to kneel down or she'll see me spying on her.
God, I'm such a creep.
Why am I even here?
Why should I care what happens here?

"Madison" she calls her again.
"What mother? What could you possibly say right now that could make anything better?" Madison is right up in her face.
Her mother takes one step backwards to put space between them which was a wise idea.
"Maddie, I, I'm sorry.... I dont know what else to say...what else can I say?" She stutters
"Sorry doesn't change all that you've done to this family. Theres nothing you can say or do to change my mind about you." Madison spits.
"Maddie, I love you. I love all of my children"

"You know, you have some way of showing it."
"Do you really hate me Madison?" Her mother's voice trembles and tears spill onto her cheeks. This just seems to anger Madison.
"....I can't talk to you right now. I can't even look at you. I'll speak with you in the morning."

I don't listen to the rest of the conversation if there is anything left to it. I disappear from the stairs and return to my spot on the sitting room floor. I watch as Madison descends from the stairs. She still looks angry. She clutches her bow and arrows to her side and I watch her carefully.

I know she's about to go cause trouble somewhere. I can see it in her eyes but dads already warned me about her. If she sets one toe out of line...
Without hesitation she walks straight for the back door. I can't see her anymore but I hear the door shut quietly behind her, leaving the house behind in total silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 1.1K 40
{FINISHED} The last thing Keeley Salazar could remember was her parents arguing in the car before they crashed. Now three years have passed and a lo...
87.4K 1.6K 54
pre-apocalypse melanie always felt small and alone in the big city she lived in. moving at a young age forcefully didn't make the situation any easie...
4.6K 159 12
THE DIXON TWINS KNEW DISAPPOINTMENT. It greets them like an old friend. A welcomed intruder into their lives in which they have learned to live. So w...
261K 9.1K 49
WARNING: this book is poorly written, if you don't like badly written books, I suggest you read my other ones, thank you :) + "They're everywhere.. ...