-

By Wonderwall123

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 50

Chapter 49

58.5K 1.8K 299
By Wonderwall123

Pronounced creases overshadowed the more delicate wrinkles on my mother's forehead as she spoke. "Love? It's not a word you should be throwing around casually. I'm not sure if you even understand-"

"You don't understand, mum." I interrupted, my arms remaining secured around Harry's larger built one. "I've never been this sure about how I feel."

"I don't think I can let you go through with this, Helena. I don't mean to offend anyone," She raised up her open hands for a quick moment. "But our families are worlds apart. You and Harry are worlds apart." She said, referring to Harry's disorders mentioned earlier.

"That shows you don't know a single thing about us." I retorted, lightly shaking my head before resting it against Harry's shoulder which was at my eye level.

My mother's confusion and distress was well reflected in her taut features. It was contrasting to Mary's, which slowly eased as the both of them watched Harry and I silently for a few moments.

We were vulnerable standing infront of them with our lies and truths all exposed and laid out. We were in a position I'd never even dared to think about. It felt as if my insides were all tremoring as we awaited their verdict.

 "Harry," Mary called before pausing again with a sigh. She examined the two of us with focused, pondering eyes.

"Be a good boy then." She finally avowed and her lips curved into a genuine smile.

Harry's face lit up as he beamed at his mother. "Thanks, mum. I'm not going to let you down."

"I'm letting you stay provided that you regularly go for those therapy sessions at the hospital." She added, pacing towards him. "I trust you this time, Harry. I trust Helena with you. I've never seen you this dedicated or committed to anyone before."

I couldn't believe what I'd heard. She was letting Harry stay. Now the only obstacle that stood in our way was my mother.

"Don't I have a say in this? I'm not very comfortable with the whole thing. What would your father say, Helena?" My mother folded her arms as she complained. "All of this is so twisted and I honestly don't know what to believe anymore."

"Mrs Lilan," Harry began, his voice low and serene. "I love your daughter and right now, she means the world to me. Without her, I couldn't have gotten through a lot of things. All I'm asking for is one more chance. You can trust me."

"Mum..." I encouraged.

"I just don't want Helena to get hurt." She sighed.

"That's the last thing I'd do to her. And that's a promise." Harry swore.

My mother palmed her face before rubbing beneath her eyes as she exhaled profoundly. I became increasingly apprehensive and anxious as I thought of the possible things that were running through her mind.

"Alright." She approved before letting a grin show. Harry shut his eyes in relief as I briskly wrapped my arms around his neck, excitedly pulling him in for a victory hug as I giggled. Mary looked on with a jaunty smile.

"But there is one thing I need to make clear." My mother continued.

Harry kept his hand on my waist as we pulled away from our embrace. We intently listened.

"No sex." She asserted. My cheeks immediately flushed as I buried my face in my hands. Harry nervously rubbed the nape of his neck while he uneasily tried to hold in a smile. My mother has done it again. This was the worst time to declare a rule like that.

"Um Harry, where would you live?" Mary changed the subject. "We're leaving soon and you still haven't thought about that."

"I could move into one of those apartments down the road." He quickly replied.

"I have a patient who manages an apartment complex. I suppose we could work something out."

__________________

Daniel's POV

Where was my mum? More importantly, where on earth was Harry? Not that I wanted him here or bothered about him anymore but if he did something completely idiotic and senseless like running away to another town, we would have to stay in Gripleville longer. Meaning I'd be showered with more embarrassment now that almost everyone in our neighbourhood knew about all the drama.

I wanted to get away from this dreadful town as soon as possible and begin a new life. Being with Helena was the worst decision I've made. Not because she was in any way awful, but because she was almost perfect. She was angel-like and I was the exact opposite. Trying to hide my true self from her only helped build up the underlying chaos.

As much as I loved her, we just weren't compatible with each other and I should've known better.

The constant migraine attacks weren't wearing away at all. In fact, they were becoming more severe as I awaited the arrival of my unborn child.

My unborn child. It was odd saying that. Polly rang me up in the middle of the night complaining of cramps and I instantly knew she was having a contraction, although she took a while to catch on to that. She thought she was about to have her period.

I wasn't sure if it was just me or if the waiting room was actually freezing but my fingers quivered and goosebumps arose consistently.

"Daniel Styles?" I heard my name and my breathing halted for a moment. "Your baby's here. Congratulations." I turned to see a short, plump nurse smiling at me.

This was all happening so quick. I was about to meet my child. I struggled to walk with balance as I carried myself to the delivery room. The alcohol from last night hadn't worn off completely yet.

A bunch of people clothed in white and black dispersed around the room. I couldn't properly focus on them but I knew two of them were Polly's parents.
"Over here, son." The nurse led me to the bed where Polly lazily gazed down at a small baby wrapped in a white blanket. Her pale arms held the baby close as she smiled at it.

"It's a boy." One of the doctors informed me with a pat on my back.

"What should we name him?" Polly asked in a frail voice. She looked exhausted, with her crimson hair all frizzed about and her face almost bloodless. She was vastly different from the way she looked the night we um... got dirty.

I'd been so caught up in my web of problems that I hadn't even thought of a name for the baby. "I'm not sure. Have you got anything in mind?" I shrugged before slowly moving the blanket away from the baby's face to get a better glimpse of him.

He was quiet for a newborn and his coral-pink skin tone was the opposite of Polly's. He still cried, of course, but they were small and faint cries. My fingers lightly brushed along the thin hairs on his soft-fleshed scalp.

I'd only known him for a few minutes but I was loving him already. I smiled down at my own flesh and blood... my little boy.

"I like Timmy." Polly responded, letting out a small chuckle as the baby's tiny hand caped her finger.

"I like that too. Timmy it is then." My distress and all of my financial and education worries somehow vanished in that frame of time. All of my focus was on my son and nothing else.

Although I couldn't help but fantasise about Helena and I raising this child together. That would be my ultimate ideal. We would live together in a cottage house - as Helena used to tell me. I knew how fond she was of those houses. I would wake up to her deep, brown eyes gazing at me. I would run my fingers through her dark locks which always smelled of a perfect mix of lavender and vanilla.

Oh god, I was only torturing myself with these thoughts. 

"Oh dear..." My mother's overjoyed voice filled the room. She rushed towards us and chucked her handbag over to a chair by the bed.

Behind her entered the last person I wanted to see right now. My brother. He walked over to us with his hands buried in the pockets of his jacket, the hoodie hiding his curls.

"He's beautiful. Have you decided on the name?" My mother asked as she adoringly watched the little person in Polly's arms.

"Susan Boyle would be nice." Harry suggested, lightly laughing.

"Would you shut your hole for once?" I tried to keep my voice as low as possible as I fumed at him. No words could describe how irritated I was with him.

Harry pushed back his hoodie and his hands went through the newly exposed big mess of hair - or fur as I called it. It made him look like an overgrown hamster.

"Chill, Daniel. I was only trying to light up the mood in here. I'm happy to see my nephew." He shrugged.

"Nothing to stress about here. His name's Timmy." Polly intervened.

"Do you think you can delay the flight until tonight atleast? I think Polly might need some rest first." Her father implored.

"I'm sure that can be done." My mother smiled. "That'll give us time to help Harry settle down in his new apartment." 

"Wh-? What do you mean?" I enquired.

"I'm staying here." Harry answered, wavering his fingers infront of the baby in an attempt to amuse him.

"Until he's done with his A-levels." Mary added.

 __________________

Helena's POV

Harry had shown me pictures of Timmy, his new nephew. The baby of my ex-boyfriend and childhood best friend. Looking back at everything that happened, I could conclude that my life really was as twisted and dramatic as those tv programmes my mother watched.

"Helena, there's a letter for you." My mother handed an envelope to me as I turned away from the kitchen counter.

"That's weird. I've never gotten a letter before." I mumbled as I tore open the paper.

"Kids of the age of technology." She sighed, shaking her head.

My eyes widened when I read the words on the folded paper inside the envelope.

Helena,
From Daniel

__________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 37.3K 26
Sammy is the younger sister of the star quarterback. She's a good girl and quiet reserved. Or so you think until you really get to know her. She's re...
1M 37.3K 51
He towered over me. His green eyes gazed at me and for a moment I was captivated by them. I cleared my throat. "I need your help to become a good gir...
4.5K 99 4
Short stories about your favorite couples from the Cade Series!
6.1M 157K 48
Because high school isn't hard enough. Sadie Michaels got into the best high school in the country, excited to start her junior year and make the mos...