Hunk to Funk

By BigRed3

Ashley is the a popular and beautiful girl. Actually, she is the most popular girl in school. She is dating... More

Prologue
1. Dirty Little Secrets
2. It's Over
3. Getting Revenge
5. Punishment
6. Ignorance Is Bliss
7. Discovered
8. Rumors
9. Revenge Is Sweet If It Isn't You
10. Switching Sides
11. Stuck with Luke
12. Working Together?
13. Top To Not
14. Friends After All?
15. Not Like Other Girls
16. Becoming Friends

4. My Frienemy?

412 2 2
By BigRed3

Ashley's P.O.V.

            I woke up feeling like crap.  My head was throbbing and my entire body felt like it was on fire.  I remember the fight I had with my "ex-friends" and getting beaten.  I guess I should've brought back up with me, but who would come to my defense?  The popular kids now hate me.  Everyone else either fears me, hates me, or just doesn't care about me. 

            That's when I realize I'm in an unfamiliar room.  Where am I?  I know I went unconscious in the student parking lot.  This is a bedroom.  It's kind of small, but still pretty cozy.  I'm laying on a small, but comfortable bed.  The walls are painted a light green and the furniture is all made of wood.  One thing is for sure, this definitely isn't my house.

            Oh my gosh!  What if the figure kidnapped me?  I don't feel like I was kidnapped, but kidnappers are mean and clever people.  This person probably just wants me to feel comfortable and then they'll rape me later.  I have to get out of here!

            I struggle to pull myself out of the blankets.  I'm so weak!  I finally manage to push them off me, and I slowly attempt to get up.  As soon as I'm standing my vision gets all blurry and my head spins.  Intense pain is swarming all around me.  My legs are like jello and I end up falling back on the bed.  Crap!  How am I suppose to get out of here?

            Struggling  to get up again, I manage to sit up as I hear footsteps coming.  Oh no!  They're coming for me!  I search around the room frantically.  What can I use to knock them out?  That's when I spot it.  There's a baseball bat propped up against a wooden desk.  The only problem is that the desk is on the other side of the room. 

            I am now fully determined because the footsteps are almost right outside the door.  I gather all my courage and strength and manage to stand up.  I walk as quickly as I can over to the desk without falling.  I grab the bat and manage to stand beside the door, so when the person opens it I can hit them with the bat.  Well, I hope I can.  It took a lot of work to get the bat and come back over here, so I might not have the strength to swing the bat. 

            I grip the bat as tightly as I can in my hands as the door opens.  I can make out that the figure is male, pretty tall, has dirty blond hair that falls in his face, white colored skin, and looks to be around my age.  I turn off my thoughts and swing the bat.  It comes into contact with him.  He hadn't even notice because he was looking at the bed and then everywhere else except for where I was standing. 

            The bat hits him right in the gut, but it doesn't sound like that hard of a hit.  All I can hope is that it was hard enough for me to get away.  He turns his head to look where the blow came from and I see a handsome face.  That's all that registers to my brain as I try to push past him.  He doesn't let me through.  He kicks away the bat, which is at his feet where I dropped it after I hit him.  He then grabs me by my shoulders and pushes me back into the room.

            He closes the door behind him and then I finally recognize who it is.  It's Luke.  Wait.  Why is Luke here?  Why is my ex-boyfriend holding me captive?  I attempt to scream, but he puts a hand over my mouth and pushes me onto the bed.  He's now leaning over me and it looks like he's going to rape me or something.  I squirm and squirm, but he doesn't remove his hand or let me go. 

            "Shh.. Ashley..shh.  I'm not going to hurt you.  Calm down.  Ouch!" he shouts as I bite his hand.

             "Is everything ok in there?" a feminine voice asks.  What?  He has another girl here?

            "Yeah, I just tripped.  I'm fine."

            Attempting to make him regret his lie, I struggle even harder, but he won't let go or stop covering my mouth.

            "Ok then," the voice says as it gets quieter.  I'm guessing whoever it was, she's leaving.

            Anyway, I turn my attention back to Luke and his lies.  Yeah, right.  Like I would actually believe the guy that lies about everything and who just watched me get beaten to a pulp.  I don't think so.  He's got another thing coming if he thinks I'll just surrender to him. 

            Luke turns his attention back to me now that the girl has left, "Did you just bite me!?  What the heck!"

            He pulled back enough for me to struggle again and I manage to kick him, but not where the sun doesn't shine.  He tightens his grip again and stares into my eyes while he removes his hand from my mouth. 

            "What do you want?" I snarl at him.

            "Ashley, relax.  You're probably in a lot of pain.  You did hit your head pretty hard.  You don't want to hurt yourself anymore."

            Oh.  And now he pretends to actually care about my safety.  I stare him in the eyes. 

            "Like you care.  What do you want, anyway?"

            "Look, I know I've been a jerk to you and all, but just hear me out.  I'm really sorry.  I'm really sorry for being a crappy friend.  A boyfriend too.  I should have protected you back there, it's just...  What would we have done if they both turned on us?  The two of us aren't strong enough to take them out."

            Lies.  All completely absurd lies that he thinks I'll believe.  No.  I don't trust him.  I don't trust anyone anymore. 

            "You're a liar!  Why would I believe anything you have to say?  Where am I anyway?  Let go of me!  I want to go home!"

            "Ashley...  I know I've lied about a lot of things and am no better than David or Ashton.  I guess you're just going to have to believe me that I mean what I'm saying now.  Oh, sorry I forgot to tell you, this is a guest room in my house.  I brought you to my house because my dad's a doctor.  He helped me take care of you and soon you'll be as good as new."

            "Then let me go!"

            "But..no..  We need to talk.  I can tell you still don't believe me.  I'm not letting you go until you do."

            "Fine.  Then I'll scream."

            "No!"

            He instantly covers my mouth so my scream comes out as a muffled cry.  Jerk!  I try to get out of his grasp again.  No luck. 

            "I don't want to hold you down, but if you don't behave, I will.  So, are you going to be good?"

            I soften the expression on my face and nod my head.  He lets his hand drop from my mouth.  Ha.  He's so gullible!

            I open my mouth to scream, but I guess I was too slow.  He seemed to realize exactly what I was going to do at the last second. 

            He takes his one hand and quickly puts it under my chin and pushes it up so my mouth closes.  Then, what I really didn't expect, happens.  He kisses me.  It's not what I'd call a normal kiss.  At least not what I'm used to.  It's full of passion, sadness, some anger, and something else.  I can't tell what it is.  I try to push him off, but it doesn't work.  I have to admit though, the kiss is pretty nice...  Oh jeesh!  Why am I thinking that?  No no no!  I will not allow myself to become putty in his embrace, again. 

            The kiss lasts for about 10 seconds when the door opens.  It's his parents and his little sister, all not looking to please with their son and brother.  What do you know?  Looks like someone is going to get in big trouble.  As soon as Luke hears the door open he jumps off of me.  Guilty, much?

Author's Note:

Ok, so Luke.  Pretty confusing character, huh?  He admitted in chapter three that he cheated on Ashley when they were dating and hated dating her..but now?  Who knows with him?  Anyway, next chapter will be in Luke's P.O.V.  We'll find out his side of the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37 0 12
Dianna and Ricardo have been best friends for over, she's never felt as comfortable with anyone as she does with him. They don't like all the same th...
161K 3K 20
Leah had the perfect life, she just gave her virginity to her boyfriend, Jacob Cooper, the hot shot of the school, her parents are madly in love, she...
3.5M 78.8K 40
Andie has made up her mind: she's starting anew. No more Andie the bad girl; no more drugs, sex and violence. She's transferring to an overpriced boa...
508K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...