She's On The Hunt - (Book 2 o...

By lilly-rain

Eva and Saxon are finally a mated couple but nothing is ever simple for them. Instead of settling down and do... More

Chapter 1 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 2 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 3 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 5 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 6 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 7 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 8 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 9 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 10 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 11 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 12 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 13 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 14 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 15 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 16 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 17 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 18 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 19 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 20 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 21 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 22 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 23 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 24 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 25 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 26 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 27 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 28 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 29 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 30 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 31 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 32 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 33 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 34 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 35 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 36 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 37 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 38 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 39 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 40 - She's On The Hunt
Epilogue - She's On The Hunt

Chapter 4 - She's On The Hunt

271K 4.2K 280
By lilly-rain

~ ~ Chapter Four ~ ~

Swinging my hand up and hitting the back of Brody’s head with a loud thwack, I growled lowly, “No swearing – it’s disrespectful.”

He immediately reached up and rubbed the back of his head as he turned and frowned at me, “It slipped out,” he grumbled while quickly turning to shove Harper for laughing at his pain. I rolled my eyes at the pair of them as I slumped down onto a soft patch of grass, well aware of three nearby presences.

Turning my head slightly to the side and smiling a little as I found the dark black fur of a wolf hiding in the shadows of the trees; it was cute that he was giving me and my brothers some space right now but Brody still found a fault in it – saying he was way too close and could hear everything we say.

I had rolled my eyes at that comment while pointing out that Vance and Chris were also nearby and that as much as Brody may not like it – we are all a pack now and keeping secrets in such a small pack was like mission impossible three.

“I wonder why her grave is here though,” Brody finally spoke the words out loud that I knew we had all been thinking and I sighed softly.

“Maybe this is where she died?” Harper offered as a reason – the same reason I had been thinking of as well, which would mean that this Alpha Sims would have answers but then on the other hand, maybe dad doesn’t want us to have answers. Why else would he never speak about her or explain anything of what happened?

“Well,” I spoke up as I climbed to my feet, brushing the back of my stolen jeans off, “I for one am happy not knowing anything. We’ve found her, said what we had to say and so we should get a move along now.”

“Are you serious?” Harper gasped dramatically as his eyes flicked from mums grave to me.

I nodded once, “Very.” I didn’t see the point of bringing up the past, even if the past is about the woman who gave birth to us all.

Both of them stared at me for a few moments and I raised my eyebrows while waiting for them to hurry up and agree with me but they merely shared a knowing look and Harper looked back to our mums’ final resting place while Brody looked off into the trees. “Well I want to know more,” he muttered softly.

“Same here,” Harper agreed with him and I groaned internally.

“That’s your choice but don't force me to go along with it,” I growled lowly. I don't know why I'm so against finding anything out but I guess it because it won’t change anything, it won’t bring mum back and it won’t help us know her anymore than what we do know and most of all – it might upset dad and we get along well now, so I don't want to jeopardize that.

Harper sighed deeply before turning back to face me with a slightly pained look, “Do you mind if we go find out what we can?” he asked softly and my heart went out to my brother.

I can be stubborn and rude and many other things but heartless? No, that’s not in my personality.

Smiling at my brother, I shook my head slightly, “I'm kind of hurt you would even ask me that Harp,” and I flashed him a quick grin to show I wasn’t really hurt by his words.

He quickly ran at me with wide open arms and I welcomed his hug, feeling like I needed one after today as I rested my head on his shoulder and snuggled in slightly while his arms wrapped around my back. It was nice – until Brody ruined it.

“Naw, family hug!” he shouted out and latched onto the both of us from side on and began squeezing as hard as he could.

“Urgh, my ribs! My ribs!” Harper shouted out in fake pain, making me laugh but it was a constricted sound since Brody actually did have a pretty good hold on us.

“Too much loving guys, way too much,” I spoke up while trying to hide my grin.

Brody scoffed loudly, “There is never too much loving Eva.”

“Nah, I'm agreeing with baby sis’ on this one – this is too much,“ Harper gasped slightly as Brody tightened his arms around us even more – how he even managed to reach all the way around us is just plain old confusing.

“I'm not a baby,” I huffed loudly while pushing against Brody’s arms and unlocking them before jumping back with a huge smug grin on my face as he frowned at me.

“I liked you before that thing mated with you,” he grumbled and my grin dropped while my cheeks heated up – I hated how they all can talk so easily about what I do in my private life.

“Shut up,” I cried in embarrassment.

Brody smirked and opened his mouth to retaliate which would have been him just trying to embarrass me even more but Harper cut him off, “C’mon, let’s go find this Alpha What’s-his-name.”

“Sims,” Brody and I echoed at the same time as well as both rolling our eyes but I bet him to the famous punch line;

“Personal jinks! No talking until I say so!” I shouted and pointed a finger in his direction with a grin.

Brody groaned loudly, “Who plays that anymore?”

I leapt at him with a clenched fist, swinging it straight into the side of his arm and punching him as hard as I could. He groaned loudly and quickly started rubbing at it while I stood there watching him try to keep the pain off his face, “I do,” I replied with a soft laugh.

“Like I said Eva – baby,” Harper grinned walking past me towards the small gate in the old iron fence which I hadn’t noticed before when I first arrived here.

“Hey, big kids play it all the time too you know!” I called out after him as Brody and I started to follow – him being silent which made me smile.

“Yeah? Like who?” Harper called back over his shoulder, smirking slightly before he almost tripped over a tree root sticking out the ground which naturally caused me to roar into laughter along with Brody, who I turned and faced and punched in the arm again.

“Laughing is a sound bro’,” I grinned.

He glared daggers at me while waving and pointing his arms around madly - trying his best to silently communicate with me but I played dumb, “What? I can’t hear you? Speak up boy.”

“I'm surrounded by children,” Harper grumbled from further up ahead and I glanced over at Brody who had also heard and stopped waving his arms around like a chicken with its head cut off. His eyes narrowed at the back of Harper’s head and he opened his mouth to say something but he must have caught sight of my fist clenching up and closed it real quick.

Instead of defending himself with words he bent down and picked up a small rock which he then pelted at Harpers back who screamed blue murder as he reached behind to rub the spot while turning around to glare at us. Brody instantly pointed at me while my eyes bugged wide, “Like heck you are blaming me,” I scoffed and pointed dramatically at him.

‘Now can you see why you three are separated when we run?’ Saxon’s slightly amused tone filled my mind and I instantly grinned without meaning too.

Wiping the massive grin off of my face and pretending to be serious, ‘No, I still don't see why.’

I swear he rolled his eyes at me, I didn’t see it but the small sigh he did is one he always does with an eye roll – ew, since when did I begin to know so much about him?

‘I'm sure you don't,’ he mumbled softly while I watched Harper scoop up his own rock and pelt it back at Brody who just managed to duck in the nick of time while I side stepped quickly away from him to avoid being hit. It would hurt but not for heaps long since our bodies heal quickly – too bad we aren’t immune to pain altogether that would have been awesome and handy.

“Stop pelting them!” Brody shouted out in anger as he ducked another fast flying rock that was aimed right for his face. My eyes lit up at his of words and within a flash I was beside him and kicking his legs out from underneath him, sending him flat on his back with a loud thud and groan.

Brody blinked a few times as he groaned in slight pain before his eyes focused on me and narrowed, “That wasn’t punching Eva!” he shouted angrily while I just smirked down at him and raised both eyebrows.

“I owe you one punch now – so be prepared because I'm going to get you when you least expect it,” I teased, already half planning on when that time will be – most likely while he is sleeping.

“Stuff your stupid game – I'm talking from now on,” he grumbled as he sat up groaning and rubbing his back, only to yell in pain as Harper took this opportunity to hit him with another rock.

“Two punches,” I commented with a grin while turning to face Harper fist punching the air with a loud laugh, he even went as far to jump up off the ground and tap his feet together before landing. “That was a pretty good shot Harper,” I laughed quietly while Brody scowled at the pair of us.

“I know right,” Harper grinned before looking at Brody and rolling his eyes at the death glares he was currently receiving, “C’mon, let’s get going for real this time.”

Brody silently grumbled something under his breath while he climbed to his feet and even with my heightened hearing I still didn’t make out what he had said but I did know he spoke, “Three punches now,” I smirked and he pushed me lightly out of his way and stormed after Harper who was already out of the gates.

“So, um, I guess I’ll wait around....somewhere?” I frowned as I glanced back to mums grave, I didn’t particularly want to spend my afternoon in a small run down cemetery.

“You do that!” Brody shouted back as he walked through the gate, flashing me a grin over his shoulder and I glared at him while pointing.

“Four free punches!” I shouted back, “You better count how many times he talks while I'm not around as well Harper!”

Harper spun around to face me while continuing to walk backwards and grinned giving me the thumbs up, “Sure will!”

Smiling back as I stood still and watched Harper spin back around as he walked alongside Brody back along the overgrown path that led back to the creepy little village of wolves who just stare at you like you’re an ghost.

“Creeps they all are,” I mumbled under my breath.

“Who’s the creeps?”

A small scream escaped my mouth as Saxon spoke up from behind me, sneaking up on me like a genuine stalker all silent and like. Spinning around to glare at him as my hand whipped out and slapped him across his bare shoulder, “Don't do that!”

His face stayed neutral, like it has for ninety nine percent of the time since we left, “I'm sorry, I didn’t know it was a crime to speak to my own mate.”

One eyebrow shot up as I waited for him to chuckle or even crack a smile at least over his own stupid joke, but he didn’t. So I sighed heavily and shook my head a little, “You’re weird,” I muttered.

“Yeah, people have been telling him that for years now...but he never listens – you know, with his huge ego and everything he has going on,” Chris grinned as he strolled lazily towards us and watching Saxon for some kind of reaction, but all he got was a loud huff and Saxon turning his head away.

Smiling as I rolled my eye at his obvious dig and the way he frowned childishly because Saxon didn’t take the bait in the slightest but a moment later Chris shrugged it off and grinned at me again, “Can I have some of those punches you owe Brody?”

Touching one finger to my lips, “Hmmm,” I muttered as I pretended to think about it seriously, my eyes looked up and met his – which were sparkling with silent laughter and I rolled mine at him again, “What are you going to give me for them?”

Blackmail is seriously the best thing ever invented.

Chris frowned again, “Are you serious?” I nodded with a grin and he groaned loudly, “I don't know, what do you want?” his tone was laced with suspicion and I laughed.

“Why the distrust in me?” I asked sweetly which made him pull a face as he mimicked me mockingly.

“Uh, I don't know, “he muttered in a ‘duh’ tone, “Because it’s you?”

“I'm totally trustworthy,” I muttered back while folding my arms over my chest.

“Sure you are,” Vance grunted as he walked past, approaching Saxon while I poked my tongue out like a child – lame on my part, I know but his shocked face was worth it as Chris snickered from behind me.

“Eva,” Saxon sighed loudly, “Leave Vance alone.”

“Fine,” I grudgingly agreed.

“When are we heading out?” Vance asked Saxon as his eyes scanned the surrounding trees, “And don't you think someone should have gone with the annoying look-a-likes?”

“Hey!” I shouted in protest at the same time as Chris, “That’s my family!” I added while he shouted – “That’s my pack!” we both turned and faced each other with annoyed looks that were directed at Vance until I shouted, “Personal Jinks!”

“No more personal jinks allowed,” Saxon half snapped, frowning with annoyance at me while I just grinned back – what he says doesn’t count, like I'm going to stop just because he asked me...does he not get how peaceful this pack would be if no one was allowed to talk until I said so? Or how much butt kissing they all will do to get that permission to talk?

Okay so I can’t really see them kissing up to me but I can see them all claiming mutiny over me and gaining control of speaking privileges.

“Well you’re Mr. No Fun,” I muttered hotly under my breath, quickly flashing him an innocent as he growled lowly at me.

Saxon slowly turned his head to face Vance, “Are you volunteering to go watch them?” Vance frowned, realising that back fired big time on him while he shook his head.

“I will,” Chris offered and quickly dodged the punch to his arm I sent his way with a loud laugh, “Too slow little girl, way too slow.”

“Two punches!”

He stopped laughing for a moment and stared at me seriously, “I don't think so,” he scoffed loudly, “You just took a swing and there is no rule stating that I can’t dodge an attack,” he smirked smugly and I quickly sent a punch to his other arm while he was lecturing me the rules on the game that only I wanted to play.

“Fine, I still owe you one then,” I smiled back at him as he rubbed his arm a little.

“Control your woman Saxon,” he muttered and chuckled at my horrified face with my mouth wide open before he quickly gave me a mock salute and took off in the direction of my two brothers.

“Two punches dude!” I shouted out after him before turning around to look up at Saxon and grinning, “So, what do you want to do?” I asked innocently.

He reached out and took my hand gently into his, tugging me towards him as he wrapped his other arm around my back to keep me in place. I smiled to myself as I laid my head against his chest and enjoyed his warm and comforting touch. I have always felt safe just being around him but when I'm in his arms – that safety magnifies to my own personal cocoon.

“We could go find something to hunt?” he offered, resting his chin on the top of my head softly while his chest rumbled against my ear lightly from him speaking.

Shrugging, “If you want too – or we can race?”

Vance scoffed loudly and I turned my head to peer at him out of one eye and in between Saxons chest and arm, I had to duck my head a little to get him in my sights though, “What was that for?”

“Your answer to everything is to ‘race’,” he muttered making me smile.

“I don't see how that is a bad thing, it's building up...what’s the word?” I tilted my head to look up at Saxon a little.

He smiled softly, “Stamina?”

“Yeah, that’s it – stamina.”

“That’s a load of crap girl and you know it – you just like beating everyone,” Vance grunted as he glared at me with accusing eyes and I grinned slowly before putting on a sad face.

“Saxon, he’s making me feel sad,” I spoke softly, pretending I was about to cry – instantly a loud growl erupted through his chest and I heard Vance mutter ‘damn females’ before taking a step back and holding his hands up while I hid my grin from Saxon but Vance caught sight of it and shot me daggers.

Sighing softly, “I feel better now,” I mumbled and stood up on my tip toes to kiss his cheek softly, smiling against his warm skin before pulling away, “Let’s go race.”

Saxon stood still while I walked off to find a starting line but Vance followed me, cursing me under his breath from behind me and I turned to look at him over my shoulder, “Isn’t it great having a temperamental mate?” I asked quietly and teasingly.

“I heard that Eva,” Saxons voice called out and I stopped walking to glance back at him as his eyes stared into mine, telling me he knew I was playing it all along.

Smiling slowly, “But I like it.” He shook his head softly and started to follow while I quickly found our starting line and stated the rules – basically we were going in human form because I didn’t want to change back to my wolf just yet and they agreed – Saxon because he will go along with the majority of what I say or suggest and Vance because it was obvious he had been out voted before he could even voice his suggestion.

“Ready.....set....go!” I shouted the last part and took off running as fast as I could, the two males right alongside me but I could already feel my pace quickening with each step I took and I grinned into the wind as the air rushed past my face.

I loved the feeling off running; I felt so free and could forget about everyone and everything as I concentrated solely on what direction I was heading, when to duck, where to step or jump, this was my personal heaven.

**

Eh, Not my best chapter ever – I know, lol but it was either this or nothing for a few more days =)Writers block sucks major bad =(  and I know it's not as long either.

But next upload will be better bc I know what I want to happen but I'm just having trouble wording it together....so yeah, will work on it soon! =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
24.2K 883 10
Nunew is born by both beta parent, he have been sure about being presented as a beta as well but things turn up to be unexpectedly and him being pres...
211 5 20
There are three rules we follow. Don't attract attention. Don't pick a fight you can't win. Never go near a pack. These rules keep us safe. We aren't...
36.3K 3.4K 22
Mark is settling into the Pride Eleven years after his Turn, but things are never as they appear, shadows from the past are beginning to emerge into...