The Complication

By haylamc

Most girls would be thrilled at the prospect of having two hot guys liking them on their first day at a new s... More

The Complication ~Authors Note~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~.
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
Epilogue

~Chapter 5~

480 13 0
By haylamc

Sadie POV

I prepared for the worst. After completely avoiding everyone the whole day, I was hoping no one would talk to me or even make contact when I walked into room 319. Detention. Unfortunately, when I strode into the overheated classroom, Bridgette and Brendon started bickering.

"OMG my hair is frizzing in this heat!" Bridgette was looking her her compact mirror while trying to fix her already frizzy hair.

"It's fine, you just need some hairspray.Here." Brendon pulled out a travel hairspray and tried to fix Bridgette's hair.

"Don't touch it you’re making it worse!" She slapped his hand away and he backed off.

I glanced over at Miranda she was slouched in the chair with a mixed expression between boredom and anger. She was listening to music so

she couldn't hear Bridgette and Brendon. Thank god. She would have been flipping out at them. I finally chose a spot next to Drake. He looked better than yesterday but his expression was the same. Well not really an expression because it was nothing. No trace of emotion on Drakes face. I didn't feel like bothering him so I pulled out my math textbook and started to skim the pages.

Not even 2 minutes later, Bridgette walks over and points a freshly painted manicure in my direction.

"Look what you've done! The whole world is ruined thanks to you!" She is so melodramatic. I thought to myself.

"No wonder my boyfriend's never there

for me anymore he's always following you around like a lost puppy!" She spat.

I sat there and took it all in. Drake flinched once when she practically hollered some unpleasant things. I'm pretty sure the whole province heard her. And Miranda just ignored it

like she couldn't hear Bridgette now. Suddenly Bridgette's cell phone rang, stopping her in mid-sentence.

"What?" she angrily asked, "oh, yes daddy, ok, no it's fine I can leave now, ok love you bye." she said sweetly.

She hung up and grinned, “See ya losers!” She grabbed her bag and headed to the door

        “And just where do you think you’re going young lady” Ms. Mcroberts asked testily.

        “Oh my daddy called he needs me to go now,” She smiled apologetically. What a load of crap; I bet that bitch never felt sorry for anything.

        Ms. Mcroberts frowned, “I’m sorry but I can’t let you leave, you have to wait until four o’clock just like everyone else.”

        “I’m very sorry to have to take Bridgette from detention but I assure you she has learned her lesson,” A tall man wearing a business suit who I figured was Bridgette’s father entered the room.

        “Of course sir, this was the first time we had a problem with her so go ahead, and Bridgette I hope you’ve learned your lesson,” she preached.

        “Of course Ms. Mcroberts,” Bridgette put on her best innocent face, which I have to admit was pretty convincing.

        She left with her dad. Brendon looked around awkwardly, since Bridgette left it was him and all his enemies stuck in the same blistering room for another forty minutes.  Time ticked by slowly. We weren’t allowed to talk so it was quiet.

        Brendon kept glancing at me and every time I tried to make eye contact with him his eyes would dart away. I got to tell you it was really starting to make me mad.     

        The next time he looked at me was the last straw, “What are you looking at!?” I yelled.

        He jumped startled and Ms. Mcroberts shot me a dirty look.

        “Seriously what’s your problem?”  I asked quieter this time.

        “I-I just, um, wanted to say, uh, that, well, I-“

        “Will you just spit it out already?”

        He blushed, “I just wanted to say sorry about, you know, Bridgette, and me, uh, and well we’re not always, you know, mean and stuff just sometimes-“

        “Sometimes you like to put other people down so you feel more secure about yourselves, I saw all the ant-bullying movies, I know but that’s no excuse to be mean to other people,” I said, sounding way too much like a teacher for my liking.

        “I know, and I’m s-sorry”

        Wow, I don’t know what surprised me more, that it takes Brendan so much to apologise, or that he apologised at all.

        “Oh, uh, oh.” Well at least I didn’t sound like a teacher that time.

        He looked at his feet, “me and Bridgette talked and, well, we’re going to stop picking on people,” he looked up at me, “but, um, can you, you know, forgive us?”

        I nodded, “I mean I forgive you but I need an apology from Bridgette for me to even think about forgiving her.”

        He nodded and picked at a string on his shirt. End of discussion.

Bridgette POV

The plan was going as planned, her dad was taking her to see her grandmother while he went back to work, all the way there lecturing her. She nodded and smiled sweetly, but her mind was wandering, wondering how Brendon was doing on the plan.

        She thought back to the conversation they’d had before she left. He’d apologise and make Sadie think he has a different side to him, prompting her to dig deeper, try to become their friends. This in turn would turn her friends against her.

        She opened her phone and read the text from Brendon, it’s done but she wants you to apologise too. Bridgette smiled in triumph. She could fake sorry, and then Sadie would be as trapped in their plan as a tiger on a cage. Perfect.

Drake POV

        Drake chuckled, Sadie was different alright. She was sitting in detention; lecturing Brendon and making him look like a scolded little puppy. So much for to cool to care.

        He knew he shouldn’t be but he was kind of wishing Leslie or Jay got detention too. Miranda and Sadie were nice but he didn’t really know them that well and he wasn’t the type to start up a conversation.

        So he just stared out the window keeping his face as emotionless as he could.

        “You know what? I’m starting to notice that Lucas and Madison haven’t been around a lot lately...” Miranda said, removing her earphones.

        “Ya, they just like to stay out of trouble I guess,” Drake replied.

        She nodded, and paused before saying, “I think they like each other.”

        Drake rolled his eyes, great, he thought, I get to spend the next half hour listening to her talk about boys. He turned around and glared at her, “That might be, but under no circumstances are you to get involved.”

        She rolled her eyes, “so what know, you’re the love police, oh wait that would make you cupid and I’m pretty sure you’re not him or else you and Leslie would be on your honeymoon by now.”

        He felt the blood creeping up his cheeks, “I don’t like-“

        “Say no more, and don’t worry I’m not about to go tell Lucas to kiss Madison or anything, just relax okay?”

        Miranda didn’t talk to him for the rest of detention.

Lucas POV

Lucas strolled into the ranch style house praying that his older brother Damien wasn't there. Just 24 hours ago, Damien and his girlfriend were making fun of him. Which ended in an 'I hate you!' and a trip up to his room where he cried for the rest of the night.

He entered to the smell of homemade chicken soup. "Mmmmm smells good mo-" Lucas stopped in mid sentence to see

Damien in front of the stove making the soup. He turned around to see Lucas' surprised and confused expression. "Hello little brother, I decided to make dinner today," Damien put on his most innocent smile. "It was very nice of him to ask to make it," Lucas and Damien's mom walked in and gave Lucas a kiss on the cheek.

She was a short woman with pale brown hair and green eyes. Mom was the best person to talk to when you have problems. Mostly because she's a psychiatrist but also because she's the best mom ever.

Lucas seemed braver than he felt, "Mom he's not actually nice, he-"

"Soup's ready!" Damien yelled a little too loud.

"Looks good honey, I'll go wash up." Their mom left the two of them alone.

"Listen little bro, you ever tell on me I will hurt you. He balled up Lucas' shirt with his fist and lifted him off the ground.

"I-I- w-won't." He stuttered.

"Good now let's eat!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 81.9K 39
After kissing an irresistible stranger, a young professor discovers her mystery crush is one of her new students. MIA is an emotionally unavailable w...
896 40 17
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...
10.1K 391 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
449K 15K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...