A New Beginning (sequel to Co...

By Jennifer_Bird

Leaving behind the conflict and fighting in Mystic Falls, Jennifer can't wait to start her new life with Nikl... More

1. Rousseau's
2. Goddamn Witches.
3. Anger and Jealousy
4. In Love with a Madman
5. The Party
6. The Real Leverage
7. Coming Home
8. Unwelcome Welcome
9. Making up
10. The Calm Before the Storm
11. Confused
12. Which Witch
14. What's Happening to me
15. Who are you?
16. So Close...
17. Always the basement
18. Perfect Punishment
19. Home Again

13. Surprises all around

3.5K 116 17
By Jennifer_Bird

PLEASE LIKE MY PAGE --> www.facebook.com/JenniferBirdsBooks

***********************************************************

As they passed the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign Caroline felt the dread seep through her entire body. Whereas she was excited about seeing her mother she was unsure about seeing her old friends... the ones that were still alive anyway.

She didn't know who was helping Bonnie, but Caroline wasn't exactly the Dumb blonde that most people assumed she was. She would bet everything she had that at the very least Elena was in on this.

Caroline was surprised however when she came to the realisation that the only reason this upset her had nothing to do with Elena herself, but had everything to do with Stefan. Caroline had always had a strong friendship with Stefan, but if Elena was in on this there was no way Stefan wasn't and Caroline couldn't explain why that bothered her so much.

"Are you alright Caroline?" Elijah's voice pulled Caroline out of her daze. She looked over at him, although he was talking to her his eyes remained on the road in front of them.

Caroline felt a sigh slip between her lips. "I get why they went after Jennifer..." Caroline paused at the quick angry look that the older Mikaelson threw her. "That's not what I meant," she continued, "I mean, part of me actually does understand why they would go after her. Revenge... plain and simple. What I really don't understand is how they could kill an innocent baby. I mean let's face it, there is absolutely no way that Bonnie is doing this and doesn't know Jennifer is pregnant. I just thought I knew my friends better than this."

Elijah didn't respond, there was nothing he could say that would help Caroline understand the situation they were in. He could sense how torn she was between her old life on one side and the Mikaelsons on the other.

The thing Elijah admired the most about this neurotic, bubbly, blonde young vampire sitting next to him had to be how she stood by what she believed to morally right. He himself boasted of morals and manners, yet he had succumbed to impulses of anger, lust and pettiness time and time again. Caroline was definitely not a fan of his family, yet here she was, fighting by their side to save her pregnant friend. He was unsure if he could be that selfless.

Yes, he stood by Niklaus even when he couldn't bear to be near him, but that was different. They were family. They might not share Mikael's blood, but Esther's blood flowed within them all, bonding them... always and forever.

The remainder of the journey was silent and soon they arrived at their destination. They were close to the Salvatore boarding house. As they climbed out of the car, Rebekah's convertible pulled up behind them. Elijah had asked Rebekah to join them in his car, however, Rebekah did not hide her distaste at the idea of being in the same car as Caroline and took her own.

Rebekah climbed out of her car and with determination in her step she walked towards Elijah and Caroline. "Right, let's get this done." Rebekah said, not stopping when she reached them. They followed her to the front door of the large building. Without breaking her stride Rebekah pushed the door open, splintering the lock, and marched in, Caroline and Elijah on her heels. The three of them used their speed to get to the library.

"Well, isn't this interesting?" Rebekah mused.

Caroline just stared in shock at the sight before her. Elena and Damon tangled in each others arms on the sofa. Elena and Damon stood and were facing them in a second, returning their look with one of disdain.

"What the hell Blondie?" Damon spat out.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Caroline returned, "Why are you two all over each other?

"After you all left, Elena decided that she wasn't in love with me anymore. So now she's with Damon." They all turned at the sound of Stefan's voice, which almost seemed void of all emotion. He was leaning against the door frame to the library, his arms folded across his chest and a bored expression covering his features.

Caroline looked at her former friend in confusion. That couldn't be right... could it? After everything Elena and Stefan went through to be together, and she just... dumps him... for his brother. Caroline saw no guilt in Elena's eyes, and before she could say anything further Elena spoke.

"So what the hell are you doing here with them Caroline?" she asked, indicating the Mikaelson siblings.

"You know why, you insipid twit." Rebekah answered for her, "We're here to put a stop to whatever it is you and your dead witch are doing to Jennifer."

Caroline noticed that although Damon and Elena didn't look surprised by the accusation, Stefan did, and she couldn't deny the relief within herself.

Stefan unfolded his arms and took a step into the room. "What are you talking about?"

"It would seem that the witch Bonnie has linked herself with a living witch somewhere here in Mystic Falls, and they have put some kind of spell on Jennifer," Elijah explained, "This spell has caused Jennifer to slip into some kind of mystical coma from which apparently she cannot be woken."

Stefan looked at his brother and former girlfriend, a sadness in his eyes, "I'm not surprised they would do something stupid like that. They actually blame Jennifer for everything that went wrong with our plan to kill Klaus."

"That still doesn't explain why you're with them Caroline." Elena interrupted, venom seeping into her words, "I thought you left because you didn't want any part in all off this."

Caroline looked at her old friend in bewilderment. "Are you serious? Of course I'm helping them. Did you really think I would just stand by while you not only went after Jennifer when the fighting was over, but her unborn child as well? That baby is innocent."

This time shock not only covered Stefan's face, but also Damon's... and that really surprised Caroline. Elena however, did not look surprised... if anything, she looked determined.

"That baby isn't natural. It was created by magic." She spat out.

"Actually Ms Gilbert," Elijah cut in, "It was created the 'normal' way between two people. Magic just made it possible for the mother to carry it."

Elena wouldn't sway, "Fine, that may be... but any child born of Klaus Mikaelson should not be allowed to live."

The hatred in her voice, the determination on her face... Caroline knew in that instant this had nothing to do with the baby. This was about revenge on Klaus, plain and simple.

"Enough of this." Rebekah sighed, suddenly standing in front of Elena. She started to reach for the brunette but Damon jumped in between them.

"Like you could stop me." The original scoffed.

"If you kill me, what do you think Bonnie will do to your precious Jennifer? At the moment she is in a dream world where she doesn't even know she's dying," Elena warned from behind Damon, "hurt me and see how much Bonnie can make Jennifer scream."

Rebekah couldn't take the smirking so without thinking she reached out and in the blink of an eye she had snapped Damon's neck. The smirk dropped from Elena's face as Rebekah took another step closer to her.

Caroline waited for Stefan to interfere, to run to Elena's side... but he stayed where he was, not speaking... just watching.

Caroline was starting to get nervous. She didn't want Elena dead, she had seen enough of her friends die, but she realised that it might be inevitable...

Her lips parted to say something... anything, when Elijah's phone began to ring, breaking the silence and capturing everybody's attention as he answered it.

"Niklaus, What is it?"

You didn't need vampire hearing to hear the other side of the conversation. "Something has changed brother... I don't know what to do..." Klaus shouted down the phone. Before Elijah could ask him what he meant, an ear splitting scream came from the phone speaker.

The screams didn't stop and you could no longer hear Klaus's words. Caroline and the others turned their attention back to Elena who now wore an unfriendly smile. "Like I said... you can't touch me."

Caroline and Rebekah looked to Elijah in horror.

How were they going to do this now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 7K 35
Edward left Bella and she was heart broken she moved to mystic falls to be with her cousins and friends and they helped her back to be the girl she...
121K 4.1K 53
*Sequel to The Salvatore Sister* Evangeline Salvatore has been living a good life since her departure from Mystic Falls, filled with blood and night...
458K 10.1K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...
104K 3K 20
The second book in the 'The Desire' series.... Star has made her choice to be with Niklaus Mikaelson she leaves Mystic Falls to live in New Orleans a...