Never Forget [book one]

By HoraaanHuggs

{Complete/being edited} - Niall Horan & Rosaline Kendall have been bestfriends for as long as they can rememb... More

Before You Read ♡
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Turdy-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Epilogue.
Author's Note.
Sequel.
THE SEQUEL!

Chapter Fifty-One

16.8K 252 51
By HoraaanHuggs

Chapter Fifty-One~

Rosaline's POV:

"Hi, I'm Michael, and you must be..."

"Rosaline."

I removed my right hand from under Sophia's thigh, only supporting her with my other arm around her lower back, and placed my hand into the guy's outstretched one.

As demanded, I was at the park for this play date. Fun.

I noticed a little boy with red hair, and a blue eye peeking out for behind Michael's leg. Little pale white fingers on Michael's knee, holding on to him for dear life.

It was a peculiar difference compared to Michael's jet black hair and brown eyes.

When he let go of my hand, I let Sophia down.

She peered around Michael to take a look at the boy.

He shied away until he ended up in front of the tall figure's left leg.

"Be nice, Zachary."

Zachary was his name.

His back faced me, his red hair so long, that it was pulled back into a braid. He was a cute one.

"Is he your brother?"

"No, he's my-"

"Son?" I took a wild guess

Sooner the two were running in circles around Michael.

"What? Are you mad? He's my nephew." He laughed.

I joined him in laughter. "Oh."

"Slow down, Zack. I forgot you inhaler."

Then no more than 10 seconds later, Zack had caught a hold of Sophia's shoulders. "Gotcha."

They were giggling, then went running off to the playground.

"Stay close!" Michael yelled to them, then he and I went walking off to a bench; me in front & him falling close behind.

I sat down and so did he, but sitting on the other end keeping his distance.

He seemed like a good person, but just wait until he's chewed up by the press, and spat out, only to be stepped on.

"So, Sophia's your sister?"

"Yeah."

"Right..."

"How did you meet my parents? I mean, because they set up this Play Date and all..."

"Well, they were over at my parents daycare over on Haywood Avenue, enrolling Sophia to attend next year." He pointed East.

"Wow. Really?" This was all new information being processed.

"Yeah, they were there with some other couple, all four were there to enroll her."

"Who were the other couple?"

"I Dunno." He strugged. "But they put her under Transitional. Our Private Daycare is from ages 0-2, Transitional Kinder from age 3-4, and Kinder at age 5."

"Wow."

"Your parent said they were having problems and stuff, so we lowered the tuition."

"What kind of problems?"

"That's confidential."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Well, I'm going home..."

"That's too bad," he shrugged getting up, and limping towards the kids. I thought that if I said that I was going home, he would tell me, but apparently not.

I got a text from someone, automatically opening it and not bothering to reading the name.

'I don't like what I see, babe. Don't disappoint me. Xx'

I gasped then got up to follow behind Michael.

"I'm kidding! I'm gonna stay." I jumped Infront of him, he stumbled back, losing his balance, but before he could fall, my hands were on his shoulders to help him regain posture.

"Okay. And Thanks."

"But please tell me," I pushed my bottom lip out, quivering for an effect. "Basic, no details."

He stared for a few seconds with hesitant brown eyes, then finally sighed. "Fine... You're lucky that's adorable." I could see my reflection through his prescription glasses lenses, and the compliment was an overstatement.

So, he didn't end up telling me until after we went to the food stand. He bought me a churro, himself a soda, Sophia a vanilla ice cream & Zack strawberry ice cream.

We sat back down, but on the other side of the park.

The little ones were lounged under a tree eating their ice cream, and talking, only a few feet away from us.

Michael took a sip of his soda, then set it on the bench between us. He put his arm around the back of bench, if I were closer to him, it'd be almost draped over my shoulders.

"So, your parents apparently have a marriage problem."

"And..." They're probably struggling with Nana's death & what not.... Not my marriage, not my problem.

"And something about Anti Kids."

"So, they don't want me and Sophia?"

"Basics, love."

"Right... Okay."

"That's all I can tell you. Go ask them for yourself. I'm sorry."

"Okay."

I watched as he took a sip of his soda, then set it on his left knee balancingly. He stared at it intently, like if he'd blink, it'd fall over.

He kept the cold dripping soda there for so long.

"How do you do that?"

"What?" He asked, not losing much focus.

"It's freezing. Is it not cold to you?"

"Can't feel it."

"Really?"

"Really." He laughed.

By now I was use to his laugh, and I had even memorized it. That made me miss Niall.

It started off heigh pitched, then ended deep. He even threw his head back whether hysteria or not.

"Mind you, this might be disturbing..."

"Go on..."

Then his nephew came running towards us.

"Uncle Wonny. I have some soda?"

"Sure, but don't drink it all."

He took the can between his lips for a few seconds with two hands, then he was off running towards Sophia again who held his Ice cream for him. He left a pink substance behind on the red can.

"He is really cute." I smiled.

"Yeah. I know. I love him." Michael said smiling.

"He gets his red hair from...?"

"Oh my sister adopted him from Scotland."

"Oh! I took him more of a Irish one."

"Not all gingers are Irish, dear Rose."

It was unpredictable how he knew my nick name, but all I knew about him was that he had black hair, brown eyes, glasses, and laughing lines with every expression he made. Too bad.

"I would know. I mean, look at me. I don't have red hair."

"Irish, eh? I took you more as a Brit."

"Sucks to suck." I said sighing, jokingly.

He laughed, then began proceeding. "As I was saying, this might be dist-"

"Disturbing, yeah. I got that bit."

"Well aren't you just a little pest." Michael laughed.

If that meant impatient, then being a pest was an understatement.

"Yes. So, tell me."

Then he lifted up his pants leg nonchalant, looking at me for a reaction.

I didn't shy away, get scared, gasp, or do any of the things Michael had expected at the sight of his prosthetic.

"What happened?"

"The day before Mother's Day last year, my sister- Zack's mother; her and I went to get our mum's gift, and never did I think I'd see a drunk driver during the day. But I did..."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I can walk. I'm fine." He patted his knee, laughed, then drank his soda regardless the left over ice cream from his nephew. Even through his laugh, I could see the pain he tried to hide. "That's the reason Zack calls me Uncle One'y." Or so he attempted.

"And did your sister lose anything on her body?"

He winced, and swallow hard. I knew she'd lost an eye or something because of his reaction. I bit my tongue so hard, that the churro's cinnamony taste had turned into a rusted metal taste.

"She didn't lose anything on her body. But she lost her life."

"Oh god. I'm so sorry." It was my turn to swallow hard.

I got choked up, because I had touched his sensitive subject.

"It's okay. Stop apologizing."

"Where is his adopted dad?"

"My sister didn't have a boyfriend or anything. So I'm his -ZACK DON'T DO THAT- legal guardian."

"Oh." I said looking over at Zack throw a stick down after poking a dead bird. Sophia covering her mouth, and pointing at it in disgust.

It must be hard growing up without a mother, but at least he had a father figure.

After a minute or two, Zack and Sophia came over to us.

"Look Zack and Soph, a dead bird." Michael pointed to the sky, and we all looked up. I wanted to see.

But... Wait.

Suddenly he began dying of laughter.

"You would look." He told me.

Right. Because dead birds don't fly. Apparently.

I rolled my eyes, as the other two giggled at him.

"Alright. Alright. I'm done." Michael said pulling himself together.

"We're hungry."

"You just had ice cream."

"So? We want fooooood."

That was something Niall would say.

"Okay."

Michael stood up, walking with such modest, yet determined.

"We're gonna go eat? Would you like to join?"

"No, we're okay."

"Aw," he frowned. "That's too bad. See you around."

Then I was watching Michael limp away, with Zachary on his hip, looking back at us sadly.

I caught a glimpse of a jet black vehicle. No.

"Michael, wait!"

"Yeah?" He turned around smiling.

I caught up to him, "On second thought, I'm kind of hungry."

-

We had gone to McDonald's for happy meals.

And I was berserk to think that Michael drove crazy. Why? Well he was missing a foot. But he didn't drive bad at all, because he was missing his left foot, and in order to drive you needed a right foot.

He took us home, and turns out he lives 4 blocks down. I got his number, not for booty calls, but because there were two crying, and tantrum throwing toddlers in the backseat, refusing to leave each other, so we planned to set up another Play Date.

I took Sophia inside, changing her clothes, and getting ready for bed.

It was about 6.

Sophia had her head in my neck, sleeping in my arms, as I entered Mum and Dad's room to see if anyone was home.

It was the first time I'd actually been inside their room in months.

Never had I known they had remodeled it.

It looked like it was two kids of different gender's who shared a room.

Two different colors, the room split equally into two.

Where there once was a king size bed, now was an unstable desk.

On the left was a small bed, neatly made, while the right one held a messily displayed bed.

Not my marriage... Not my problem. But I just know they're getting a divorce. That's too bad. I'd love for my parents to stay together, but what ever choice they make is their choice. I won't be sad. I rarely get to see them anywho.

It was about an hour later when I heard the front door crack open, making me fall into conscious. Sophia was next to me on the couch fully asleep, I was only half asleep.

"Mum?"

"Yeah, Rose." Her voice cracked.

I could tell she tried to sneak inside, wanting to avoid everyone who was alive. But she wasn't avoiding me again. Not tonight...

"Are you crying?" It was a rhetorical question, only in hopes that I'd receive the truth and not a lie.

I was yet to receive the truth.

"No. I'm actually really," Sniff. "tired."

Lies...

"Mum, c'mere."

I was beginning to sound like an annoyed parent.

She stepped into the light of the TV, but when she turned the light on, I flicked off the telly, not needing any distractions.

"Hmmm...?"

Mum sat down on the couch that was nearest to her, and furthest from me.

Her make-up smeared like it had been raining, her hair looking roughed up like she had been picking corn from cornfields all day long in the blazing hot sun.

I just came out forward with the my question. Actually, it wasn't a question... "You and Dad are getting a divorce..."

She scoffed, and I knew it was a fake one, "What? Who told you th-"

"I saw your room..."

"WHY were you in the room?"

She called it 'the' room, and not 'our' room. There was no reason to continue the act, I'm 18, not 8!

"Nevermind that! Tell me what the fuck is going on, you liar!"

Ouch, fiesty with your own mother? Seems legit.

"Excuse me?! What did you just say?" She said, scooting forward in her seat like she was likely to jump across the coffee table, and strike me. Her face looked devious.

"Yeah! You're excused, because I'm tired of not knowing what on earth is going on!"

"You're never home," she said an octave lower. "You're always with that... Niall."

"Mum. Don't sit here and act like he's a stranger! You know him, so I don't see why the hell it matters!"

"I don't have time for this bullshit of yours. Honestly, I am tired of you. I want you out of my house."

She got up, but only made it to the back of the couch before I snorted, "This is Dad's house... You don't pay the bills."

"I don't give two fucks!" she screamed at me. Unshed tears were filling her eyes. I kind of felt bad for all the things I said so far, but it was better than keeping it all bottled up.

"Can you just please tell me what is going on?" I asked sofly, desperate, and determined for answers.

My mother's mean and hateful filled eyes stared at me for some time, then she slowly changed her expression, taking a seat in her previous spot.

She took several deep breaths, as did I. I relaxed into my seat, and stared at her intently as she did the same, but at Sophia. The unshed tears fell down her face.

It seemed like 10 minutes, until Mum finally composed herself.

"So as you know, or now will know; Your dad and I were going to get a divorce. Like I said... we were. But then we began taking counseling..."

"Kay," I said, my eyes bouncing from her, to Sophia quickly when she stirred. "Continue..."

"And, the Couple Therapist suggest we do sexual intercourse to strengthen our relationship,"

Okay, GAG. Who the heck wants to know about their parent's sex life? That is a no no.

"Gross.. but okay?"

I could see she wanted to chuckle, but she couldn't at a hurtful time like this. She wiped her tears hastily.

"And... Now... Erm, I'm pregnant."

"What?' Did I hear my ears correct?

"I said I'm preg-"

"I know what you said!"

She already has 2kids that she neglects 90% of the time... a third isn't needed.

Then she was on hush mode, starting to fiddle with her long trench coat that detectives wear, and revealed her small baby bump.

"I'm not keeping it."

Those four words changed my whole mind of thinking. Not to be a bitch, but what ever she does to that unbreathing baby of hers is her choice, her problem, and her doing.

"And now, it's final... We are getting a divorce. I'm not keeping the baby, once again. You're old enough to be on your own, and there's a family waiting to adopt Sophia in the fall. There. You know it all. Goodnight."

She got up, walking up the stairs. I got choked up, screaming things at her in which she ignored. Was there not any family that she could be left with? This is INSANE!

"YOU CANNOT DO THIS!" I cried, only to cause Sophia to wake up, and crawl into my lap.

-

I fell asleep on the couch with Sophia in my arms, but I didn't feel any type of weight on me when I woke up.

The first thing I thought was: "The adoption is in the fall! She never said the next day!"

'Soph?!"

I went running around the house multiple times, screaming for my sister, going in and out of each room atleast 30 times, looking under everything and in everything. My parents weren't home which made me worry alot.

"SOPHIA!"

I was worried... but that was up until I was in a head on collision with someone...

"Ouch, Bitch!"

I laughed, as we both rubbed our heads, "Addi?"

"Yes, Rockhead!"

I had accidentally knocked her to the kitchen floor, "What are you doing here, ugly?"

"I came to see your dumbass, but you were asleep, so me and Sophia went out for some ice cream, and now we're out back."

I helped Addison up by her left hand, something catching the reflection of the sun that fell in throught the patio door.

"What the bloody hell?"

She smiled, holding her hand out in an observing manner, "Oh, you like?"

"Are you getting married? To Harry?!"

"God, no. I would marry Harry, but what's the rush? It's just a promise ring!" That rhymed.

But it was so pretty... most people would mistake it for a wedding or engagement ring... especially Directioners and the media.

I held her finger, twisting and turning it. It even had their date engraved in it, along with an infinity sign.

It was so mesmerizing.

"ADDI! Come and play with me."

"I'm coming kiddo."

Then Addison was dragging me outside to the grass, making me sit next to Sophia and across from her.

The grass was blazing hot, but I can't exactly tell you that I didn't like it. Usually the weather here was rainy, or like yesterday: windy. When days like this came, we cherished it. Even during the summer time, this weather wasn't often.

And here is how the next hour went:

Addison and Sophia played catch, and tag. I watched.

We ate out back and talked.

Out of nowhere, Sophia brought up lastnight's scenario in which I thought she was sleeping at the time of.

Addi was perplexed, so I was forced to explain everything.

Sophia cried, I cried, Addi got choked up.

"But I don't wanna live with somebody else!'

"You have to..."

"I WANNA LIVE WITH YOU!" I can never cope with seeing a child cry, especially when they're kicking and screaming.

Addison cut me off with a gasp before I could say anything else.

"Now that I think of it, You can become her legal guardian! You're 18! And we can move in together and all!"

Normal 18 years olds are out there trying to party, smoke, and fluck people and whom have you, and there's me... Getting kicked out, and gonna raise my sister with my bestfriend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I try my best to decrease my use of profanity as you can see c;

Should i start saying fluck instead of fuck?

and Chiz instead of shit ?

Kay. might update sometime this week. bye. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 451 35
Niall and Allison have been friends since literally forever. They did everything together, and they've always been there for each other. They would a...
16K 99 44
Elizabeth and Niall have been friends for years. They never wanted to be separated but when Elizabeth's dad got a new job it had to be done. When you...
31.1K 547 19
its 2010, One Direction has just become a band... But there's a sixth member? And it's a girl? Louis Tomlinson has been best friends with Maddi Ellio...
25.1K 813 22
Harry and Niall are best friends. They do things together that any normal pair of boys would. But, the day that they get stuck in a closet together c...